Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm probably going to have 2 more before August. Gonna pick up a Silver and Blue. Also going to grab another VT133 and maybe another G2.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
Well, I'm getting THREE before August. :tantrum: Almost picked up an ipv5 just because and it was cheap but decided not to. I would like to try a DNA device but I am liking the limited tc on the g2. Getting ready to tackle ss coils again, probably spaced instead of touching.

VaporJag

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone used kanthal I'm temp control? I'm new to TC and have no idea how to do it.No matter what temp I put it at the vape is the same even though I have it selected for kanthal.Any help would be appreciated

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone used kanthal I'm temp control? I'm new to TC and have no idea how to do it.No matter what temp I put it at the vape is the same even though I have it selected for kanthal.Any help would be appreciated
No, use xxx mode. Set fsk to 2 and work up. Set your temp and joules and go. If it doesn't vape fsk is too low. The higher the fsk the hotter it is.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks,Also how do I set fsk?
Hold the up down and the power button at the same time. The menu will come up. Scroll through the options until you see fsk and hit the button you use to vape with to select it. Adjust the fsk to your value and hit the vape button to set. Scroll through until you see exit and hit the vape button. Now you are back at the starting point and you can try it.

Make sure you set your resistance by turning the slice on with the rda or rta and then turn off. Make sure it is at room temp first. Turn it back on and try it.

VaporJag

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hold the up down and the power button at the same time. The menu will come up. Scroll through the options until you see fsk and hit the button you use to vape with to select it. Adjust the fsk to your value and hit the vape button to set. Scroll through until you see exit and hit the vape button. Now you are back at the starting point and you can try it.

Make sure you set your resistance by turning the slice on with the rda or rta and then turn off. Make sure it is at room temp first. Turn it back on and try it.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I got the slice and batteries today. I hate to say it but I may like it better than my g2 for tc. Very smooth. I still need to do a software update but no issues. G2 going in the closet for now, or at least until my rta gets here.

Last edited:

raiderep

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you to everyone who has added to this thread. I just bought a red slice from vaporcube and a hohm grown 26650 from imrbatterries so I am hoping to be trying out this cool device next week sometime. I was really impressed by the hohm tech website and especially liked the part about the manuals being written in English by English speaking people. About as close to all american as I can find/afford! No offense to the foreign mods out their as I have quite a few myself

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you to everyone who has added to this thread. I just bought a red slice from vaporcube and a hohm grown 26650 from imrbatterries so I am hoping to be trying out this cool device next week sometime. I was really impressed by the hohm tech website and especially liked the part about the manuals being written in English by English speaking people. About as close to all american as I can find/afford! No offense to the foreign mods out their as I have quite a few myself
You're going to love it. If you have any questions we're all here to help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just get one and join the club. Lol. Enabler here.

I am easily swayed to do so...Questions...Did I read that Hohm offers a 500 day warranty on the board...Also, Where is the current best place to order, and, are any coupons or discounts available? I am hovering over at VaporCube website right now deciding which one I like. Looks like black would be first choice, silver next. Now Le or Se...I do like fancy stuff lol...Also, I guess it's luck of the draw on the fire button still, or has this been dealt with.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am easily swayed to do so...Questions...Did I read that Hohm offers a 500 day warranty on the board...Also, Where is the current best place to order, and, are any coupons or discounts available? I am hovering over at VaporCube website right now deciding which one I like. Looks like black would be first choice, silver next. Now Le or Se...I do like fancy stuff lol...Also, I guess it's luck of the draw on the fire button still, or has this been dealt with.
The only difference between the SE and the LE is the 3 amp charging on the LE. There are a few others but they are strictly cosmetic. I ordered mine from The Cloudy Vapor and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again. Brent the owner is an awesome dude that really cares about the vaping community. Unfortunately I think right now he only has blue in stock. I think Vapor Cube is basically the Hohmtech store as they are the ones that service Hohmtech products. Check for a coupon code or Father's day sale before you order. Yes it does have a 500 day warranty which is amazing at that price point.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lmfao, all you people that are calling me a bad influence are going to thank me after you get your Slices. If you like the G2 you're gonna love the Slice. Pair it with a Boreas or Merlin and you're in vape heaven. My only complaints about the Slice is the battery meter is a little wonky so far and the battery door can at times be a little wiggly depending on how you hold it. Going to try the Hohmtech battery to see if it's better and believe it or not the battery door seems to be getting less wiggly as the days go by. Other than that this thing is a little beast.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't find a 3 amp capable USB wall charger.
Lots of 3 and 4 amp chargers that can only do 2.1 amps per channel.
I use an Aukey charger from Amazon and it charges fast but it's a 2 amp charger. I really only charge externally though. If I was to buy another I'd get the SE.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The pics I've seen the 510 looks high. Is it flush with the body, or higher than?

Also, to me it makes little sense to even consider the LE any longer because of needing to find a 3a wall plug thingy, most are at best 2.1. The symbols are nice I think, but not why I'd buy one. I'll save the 10 bucks and buy more kanthal,

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The pics I've seen the 510 looks high. Is it flush with the body, or higher than?

Also, to me it makes little sense to even consider the LE any longer because of needing to find a 3a wall plug thingy, most are at best 2.1. The symbols are nice I think, but not why I'd buy one. I'll save the 10 bucks and buy more kanthal,
The 510 is flush. So far none of my atty's gap. I have tried the Crown, Boreas, Merlin, Avocado, STM, Bellus, Goblin, Lyche, and Alleria. All of them sit flush.

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yeah I'm just wondering if anyone has actually achieved 3 amp charging with this mod. Lol seems like no.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I'm just wondering if anyone has actually achieved 3 amp charging with this mod. Lol seems like no.
Probably not since I don't know of any 3 amp bricks. I will say this, I tried it out and even at 2 amps she charges pretty quick. Again, I'll never use but I guess it's nice to know it's there if I ever need it.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When you put the battery in do you push the protruding post in first or will the battery do it? I had a little issue getting the battery installed due to the design.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When you put the battery in do you push the protruding post in first or will the battery do it? I had a little issue getting the battery installed due to the design.
I push the protuding post with the battery

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Gu
I push the protuding post with the battery

Guess I have to try again at battery swap. Had issues due to room. Definitely tighter than the g2 bay but the basen Batts I have fit.

Maybe I used the battery but it went in. I just remember having to think about it.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Gu

Guess I have to try again at battery swap. Had issues due to room. Definitely tighter than the g2 bay but the basen Batts I have fit.

Maybe I used the battery but it went in. I just remember having to think about it.
Does your battery meter jump around a bit? Both my mods do no matter what battery I have in. I have the Hohmtech, Basen and MXJO and they all do it.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
O.K. @Deucesjack I just ordered a black se. I'm hoping I really love it. I just spent half the money I had allocated for two more VT133's. I'm certainly not holding you responsible if I don't like it, But I'll make you the first offer If I sell it lol. Now to order some batts. Think I'm going with the Basens.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
O.K. @Deucesjack I just ordered a black se. I'm hoping I really love it. I just spent half the money I had allocated for two more VT133's. I'm certainly not holding you responsible if I don't like it, But I'll make you the first offer If I sell it lol. Now to order some batts. Think I'm going with the Basens.
Lol, you should have checked the thread. I already have a black LE. Lol. No worries, I'm sure you're going to love it.

beeff557c18de1b3854750aa0e1bd137.jpg

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does your battery meter jump around a bit? Both my mods do no matter what battery I have in. I have the Hohmtech, Basen and MXJO and they all do it.

It does. It was in the 80s and thought that was quick then it was back to the 90s. I was using tc so could understand a faster drop but it has been jumping some.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wait a minute, that's not how it works. He is responsible. Remember me if he doesn't want it.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Is a firmware update already available for these? Looks like one is available at the Hohmtech site. If so, what was addressed. Can it be used out of the box as intended?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is a firmware update already available for these? Looks like one is available at the Hohmtech site. If so, what was addressed. Can it be used out of the box as intended?
Mine has an older version and works fine but I will update.

Edit: only using xxx mode.

VU Sponsors