Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If that fire button is sticking send it back. Believe it or not the battery door gets less clicky with use. I don't know why. To use it in watts mode just put it in digital watts mode.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If that fire button is sticking send it back. Believe it or not the battery door gets less clicky with use. I don't know why. To use it in watts mode just put it in digital watts mode.

How do I put it in digital watts mode?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok thanks got it working....Ugh the last thing I want to do is deal with sending this thing back. It only stuck twice and I can't get it to do it again. Anyone want to trade? My slice for your ?????

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok thanks got it working....Ugh the last thing I want to do is deal with sending this thing back. It only stuck twice and I can't get it to do it again. Anyone want to trade? My slice for your ?????
Push the fire button and gently try to slide it up. If it gets stuck then the actual button is to thin and it needs to go back. That was the way I was able to replicate it.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Push the fire button and gently try to slide it up. If it gets stuck then the actual button is to thin and it needs to go back. That was the way I was able to replicate it.

Thanks. If i push it near the bottom it gets hung up. It won't keep firing so thats a good thing... So I guess if I do want to send it back it needs to go to vaporcube?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks. If i push it near the bottom it gets hung up. It won't keep firing so thats a good thing... So I guess if I do want to send it back it needs to go to vaporcube?
IMO I would send it back. Better safe than sorry.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I will probably do that. I'm waiting for the guy I traded with to let me know where he got it from.
They won't even ask. Just email Hohmtech for a prepaid label. The guy you traded with didn't tell you it had a sticky button?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They won't even ask. Just email Hohmtech for a prepaid label. The guy you traded with didn't tell you it had a sticky button?

Yeah he told me the battery door was wonky but said the button had not caused any issues for him.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Called hohm tech. Guy on the phone was nice enough. He said it's affected 1-2% of the devices out there and they are currently molding new buttons that will correct the issue. He told me to email him in 10 days and he will send me a label. Oh well.

I never thought I'd say this but I miss my 213!

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to later tonight when I can mess around with all the features.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Called hohm tech. Guy on the phone was nice enough. He said it's affected 1-2% of the devices out there and they are currently molding new buttons that will correct the issue. He told me to email him in 10 days and he will send me a label. Oh well.

I never thought I'd say this but I miss my 213!

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to later tonight when I can mess around with all the features.
I know right now you're not to happy but trust me when I tell you this is a much better chip than that janky 213. I felt the same way and once I got my issues corrected I couldn't be happier. Just from the people here that have the button issue I think its a lot more than 2%. Probably closer to 30% from what I've seen here and different places. One guy on FB ordered 3 and all 3 had to go back. That 2% number is total Bullshit.

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know right now you're not to happy but trust me when I tell you this is a much better chip than that janky 213. I felt the same way and once I got my issues corrected I couldn't be happier. Just from the people here that have the button issue I think its a lot more than 2%. Probably closer to 30% from what I've seen here and different places. One guy on FB ordered 3 and all 3 had to go back. That 2% number is total Bullshit.

Agreed, 1-2% is definitely a fluff number. At least they are willing to correct, unlike Sigelei that just puts out another device to correct the issues the first one had, only to have the new device have the same issues as the first... I'm not worried about the slice. I figured there would be a chance of having issues and they are willing to make it right... There is not a single video on youtube reviewing it, which I find to be odd. Is the menu system the same on the G2?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Agreed, 1-2% is definitely a fluff number. At least they are willing to correct, unlike Sigelei that just puts out another device to correct the issues the first one had, only to have the new device have the same issues as the first... I'm not worried about the slice. I figured there would be a chance of having issues and they are willing to make it right... There is not a single video on youtube reviewing it, which I find to be odd. Is the menu system the same on the G2?
Same exact menu. That burnt out fool Indoor Smoker reviewed it. Called it a 300w device. Lmfao.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, as mentioned previously (at the beginning of this thread), I don't have a sticky button. However, I had to find out, I do have an issue with the 510 connection. So far, I have only used my Crown tanks. Yesterday, I wanted to use one of my TFV4 tanks, but it displayed the message "damaged atomizer", although the tank is working on my other mods. So, I tested some other Attys, my (regular) Griffin, and my Ceito, don't work on it either. I'm not going to test all of my Attys though.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, as mentioned previously (at the beginning of this thread), I don't have a sticky button. However, I had to find out, I do have an issue with the 510 connection. So far, I have only used my Crown tanks. Yesterday, I wanted to use one of my TFV4 tanks, but it displayed the message "damaged atomizer", although the tank is working on my other mods. So, I tested some other Attys, my (regular) Griffin, and my Ceito, don't work on it either. I'm not going to test all of my Attys though.
Not trying to be a wise ass but did you reset the resistance. I get that message when I forget to reset. Sometimes it's persistent even with the reset but then I pull the batteries and it works. Sometimes even a reboot works instead of pulling the battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

F

fckaugust8th

I've gotten in the habit of pressing the power button with out an atty, and while the screen is lit, screw one the new tank. Press the fire button again. This works for me. ....so far.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Me too, but I still forget on occasion.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Not trying to be a wise ass but did you reset the resistance. I get that message when I forget to reset. Sometimes it's persistent even with the reset but then I pull the batteries and it works. Sometimes even a reboot works instead of pulling the battery.

Duuh! I didn't reset.

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Just received my slice and the button is good to go. I think the g2 remains a home use mod but the slice is road ready.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just received my slice and the button is good to go. I think the g2 remains a home use mod but the slice is road ready.
Good for you man. What color?

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Had to get the red after seeing it posted here. I e-mailed them see if the was ready to ship, and ask them to check the button. It is working great so far.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol, that red sure is purty.

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just got mine, unfortunately the button sticks. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get into FSK mode. I hold down the mode button and the +/- buttons and the only option I get is Auto + TC control and can only enable or disable. When enable I get TC level and a choice of battery saver, maximum insanity or 51%. What am I doing wrong?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got mine, unfortunately the button sticks. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get into FSK mode. I hold down the mode button and the +/- buttons and the only option I get is Auto + TC control and can only enable or disable. When enable I get TC level and a choice of battery saver, maximum insanity or 51%. What am I doing wrong?
Ok, first put it in xxx mode by clicking the mode button 3x. After its in that mode exit that menu. Then hold the mode button down first then hold the +- buttons. Fsk curve will be the first screen you see. Adjust the curve till you find a vape you like.

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
Use the plus minus buttons to change screens when going from Fsk to screen rotation etc

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK that worked. I had to choose W mode and then I get the FSK setting when I hold down the 3 buttons. I assume auto control + TC should be disabled. Thanks Jack.

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry to keep bugging you. How do you change the temp in that mode?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK that worked. I had to choose W mode and then I get the FSK setting when I hold down the 3 buttons. I assume auto control + TC should be disabled. Thanks Jack.

W mode? That's for tungsten or something, I don't even know but it is not XXX mode. You click the mode button 3 times but if you don't see the option for xxx then you click the button 3 times again to see the next set of wire options.

It is a good idea with this mod to read the instructions, it doesn't work like anything else out there.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sorry, I meant power.
It's np at all. Yes auto tc has to be disabled in order to get into xxx mode. Change the power or the wattage by clicking the fire button 3x quickly. Once either the wattage or temp appears at the bottom of the screen you can adjust it with the +- buttons.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They have the manual available to download now over at http://hohmtech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/SLICE_MANUAL.pdf

This page is tough to look at in the small one they provide in the box but looks better downloaded in regards to XXX mode. I wish they had it as actual values though instead of a bar graph but it looks like what I have been using with kanthal and SS.

XXX%20Mode.jpg

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone else have an offset USB port? I do and I can't fit anything in there.

F

fckaugust8th

The USB one mine is a little crooked but I can talk it (cussing ) into working.

TDC123

Member For 4 Years
There actually is at least one difference in the menus between the G2 and the Slice. When you select SS on the G2 you don't the the submenu for various types off SS like you do on the slice. Like has been said here several times though the xXx setting is the one I end up using instead of the SS settings.

Am I the only one dialing their FSK % down below 2% with kanthal? I find myself most often at 1.6 or 1.8.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am I the only one dialing their FSK % down below 2% with kanthal? I find myself most often at 1.6 or 1.8.

It depends on the build and if I am near the end of the tank and want to vape the cotton dry to change flavors but I have gone down to 0.8 with the FSK with Kanthal. That was as low as I could go though and if I want a cooler vape with kanthal your range is usually where I fall as well.

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
W mode? That's for tungsten or something, I don't even know but it is not XXX mode. You click the mode button 3 times but if you don't see the option for xxx then you click the button 3 times again to see the next set of wire options.

It is a good idea with this mod to read the instructions, it doesn't work like anything else out there.
That was it. I read the manual and thought I was doing the correct thing. Never saw the click the mode button 3x after entering the menu. Feel really stupid. Thanks for all your help folks. Now I just have to find out what to do to send it back. The fire button sticks like a MOFO.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was it. I read the manual and thought I was doing the correct thing. Never saw the click the mode button 3x after entering the menu. Feel really stupid. Thanks for all your help folks. Now I just have to find out what to do to send it back. The fire button sticks like a MOFO.

I called Hohm Tech yesterday about my sticking button and I was told new buttons are being made and will be around 10 days.

VU Sponsors