Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I called Hohm Tech yesterday about my sticking button and I was told new buttons are being made and will be around 10 days.
Thanks, I saw that earlier. When I get a chance I will give them a call also.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah 2% my ass. We have at least 7 or 8 people here alone with that problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's why I am hesitant to order another one right now, I got lucky with my black one but the red I ordered for a friend had to be swapped out. I want a Silver one but might as well wait to see if there are any killer 4th of july specials. That will be about 10 days anyways and if I get a stuck button one the replacement buttons should be here already.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, that's why I am hesitant to order another one right now, I got lucky with my black one but the red I ordered for a friend had to be swapped out. I want a Silver one but might as well wait to see if there are any killer 4th of july specials. That will be about 10 days anyways and if I get a stuck button one the replacement buttons should be here already.
I mean the issues do suck but at least they're not doing a Fuch(ai) you to their customers. Lol

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When using a tank do most of you use tc or watts mode? I have become hooked on tc mode with my rdas now that I figured kanthal out and how to adjust. I don't even use watts anymore butt tc drains a battery.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
When using a tank do most of you use tc or watts mode? I have become hooked on tc mode with my rdas now that I figured kanthal out and how to adjust. I don't even use watts anymore butt tc drains a battery.
I use xxx mode 95% of the time. Tried Kanthal tc last night and I was pleasantly suprised by the results. Xxx mode is just simple for me. Throw a tank on, adjust fsk curve, vape.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use xxx all the time too, both on my slice and my computer screen :giggle:

My friend finally picked up his Slice last night, the reaction when he took his first hit from his Cleito tank was priceless. Can't remember which mod he took the Cleito off of but he was surprised how much better the tank performed on the Slice.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use xxx all the time too, both on my slice and my computer screen :giggle:

My friend finally picked up his Slice last night, the reaction when he took his first hit from his Cleito tank was priceless. Can't remember which mod he took the Cleito off of but he was surprised how much better the tank performed on the Slice.
I'm feeling inspired from this post.

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like an amazing mod once the minor glitches are ironed out. I'll certainly be looking a one to replace the Evic mini as the daily general mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like an amazing mod once the minor glitches are ironed out. I'll certainly be looking a one to replace the Evic mini as the daily general mod

The only actual glitch to me was figuring out xxx mode. Once you do that your walking on air.

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only actual glitch to me was figuring out xxx mode. Once you do that your walking on air.

So the door and sticky button is all rectified now?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So the door and sticky button is all rectified now?

After the firing button on my black one was fixed I have no issues whatsoever. Even my battery doors which were really clicky seem to have broken in and are now significantly less clicky. I can't explain it but it's true. I don't know if they had to settle in with use or what but they are pretty solid right now and only really click if I make a conscious effort to make them click.

MCYL

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I may have to purchase in the US, shipping back to the US from Australia should there be a problem would be a hassle. Perhaps I should wait until a vendor here stocks them. It sounds like a mod with some amazing capabilities however with TC on kanthal and all

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I may have to purchase in the US, shipping back to the US from Australia should there be a problem would be a hassle. Perhaps I should wait until a vendor here stocks them. It sounds like a mod with some amazing capabilities however with TC on kanthal and all

I believe I read somewhere on their fb page that they have a distributor in Australia but don't quote me. Shoot then an email they normally respond pretty quickly.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have another slice delivering today and maybe the merlin rta. Can't wait to try the tank.
Its a beautiful mod/tank combo. Merlin with a Slice is just awesome. They look great together as well. The Avocado looks and vapes great on it too.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its a beautiful mod/tank combo. Merlin with a Slice is just awesome. They look great together as well. The Avocado looks and vapes great on it too.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
The boreas is here along with the new slice. I'm at work so I can't intercept them.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First impressions...Easy to set up if you read the manual. Button seems fine so far. I've tried the press and slide in several directions and no sticking. The battery door, ummm, well, maybe it will fix it's self. Or a little black tape. Got it set up FSK @ 60w .7 single SS spaced on the 24mm Avocado(black on black se)set to 12% and 420 temp...THIS THING ROCKS!!! Sooo smooth. Great vape, Pretty sure another(probably red)will be in order. Don't feel like I'm in the position to compare it to a dna because I'm a noob to that board as well, But I'd say the vape is as good as, for me at least. Really like it so far.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
First impressions...Easy to set up if you read the manual. Button seems fine so far. I've tried the press and slide in several directions and no sticking. The battery door, ummm, well, maybe it will fix it's self. Or a little black tape. Got it set up FSK @ 60w .7 single SS spaced on the 24mm Avocado(black on black se)set to 12% and 420 temp...THIS THING ROCKS!!! Sooo smooth. Great vape, Pretty sure another(probably red)will be in order. Don't feel like I'm in the position to compare it to a dna because I'm a noob to that board as well, But I'd say the vape is as good as, for me at least. Really like it so far.
Believe me, give the door a week or so and it settles in.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need to learn how to do ss spaced coils. I suck.
I make spaced coils. I made my first set of space on my alleria using SS. It's actually not as hard as it sounds. Wrap your coils spaced out instead of compressed like normal. Then take your fingernail and pushed the coil against the back of whatever you are wrapping on and it will pretty much make them more even for you. My first set wasn't that pretty either but they are still quite functional.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Some people I have seen use a SS bolt in the size they want. When you're done wrapping just gently Unscrew the coil.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Another thing I do @joeyboy if say you want a 10 wrap, I'll wrap 12-14 wraps, then get my pliers and give the ends a good tug to tighten the coil up then un-wrap the ugly ends to the desired 10 wrap. That SS is springy stuff. When I wrap a 3mm and don't do the tug, they can wind up being 3.5mm.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jack, et al, how long are your batteries lasting on average?...I have a 26650 mech mod the batteries don't last long using a .5 coil.

Have four new 26650's, may as well order a Slice. Where you guys getting them from?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Deucesjack I downloaded the update from Hohmtech. WTH do I do now? Lots of files in the folder.

You have to open up the updater and then put your slice in update mode by turning it on via the menu system. Plug in the mod, open up the update in the Hohmtech software and let her go. Doesn't take long at all. Just a few seconds. Hohmtech has a video of it on youtube.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Jack, et al, how long are your batteries lasting on average?...I have a 26650 mech mod the batteries don't last long using a .5 coil.

Have four new 26650's, may as well order a Slice. Where you guys getting them from?

Yeah battery life has been disappointing but I'm hoping that gets fixed with an update. I think the battery management is a little wonky because everytime I put my batteries on the charger they are close to 30% even though the mod says 0%. If I could get another 20% out of them I would be happy. For me it's not as bad as a single 18650 but also nowhere near as good as dual 18650's.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah battery life has been disappointing but I'm hoping that gets fixed with an update. I think the battery management is a little wonky because everytime I put my batteries on the charger they are close to 30% even though the mod says 0%. If I could get another 20% out of them I would be happy. For me it's not as bad as a single 18650 but also nowhere near as good as dual 18650's.
Is the mod shutting down with 30% battery remaining?

Or just the chip is showing dead, when there is 20-30% still in the cell?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is the mod shutting down with 30% battery remaining?

Or just the chip is showing dead, when there is 20-30% still in the cell?
Chip is showing 0% and it hits like a wet noodle for 2 or 3 puffs then no vapor at all. Put the batteries on the charger and it says anywhere from 27-30%.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Chip is showing 0% and it hits like a wet noodle for 2 or 3 puffs then no vapor at all. Put the batteries on the charger and it says anywhere from 27-30%.

That's fucked up....guess I'll hold off ordering the mod.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You have to open up the updater and then put your slice in update mode by turning it on via the menu system. Plug in the mod, open up the update in the Hohmtech software and let her go. Doesn't take long at all. Just a few seconds. Hohmtech has a video of it on youtube.
I may be SOL until I figure out what I need to do. I'm running XP. The files extract to winrar. I was looking over at the G2 thread and see someone having the same issues...Not too worried, I'll use the wifes win 10 if I can't get it to go on this xp dinosaur.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's fucked up....guess I'll hold off ordering the mod.
Yeah but even with that the battery life isn't awful. Took it to my kids little league game yesterday. Got there at 4:45 chain vaped the whole time there at 65w and 500f. Got home at 8:00 and had 22% battery left. The reason I think the battery management is off is because the battery meter jumps around a lot. I'm thinking a software update will fix it.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I may be SOL until I figure out what I need to do. I'm running XP. The files extract to winrar. I was looking over at the G2 thread and see someone having the same issues...Not too worried, I'll use the wifes win 10 if I can't get it to go on this xp dinosaur.
Much better off with 10. Save yourself the hassle.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just put a fresh charged Basen in. Came off the charger reading 4v. That may change after a couple cycles...Put it in the slice and it shows at 95%. That number didn't surprise me being it came off charger at 4v. Took 2 pulls and down to 90%.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just put a fresh charged Basen in. Came off the charger reading 4v. That may change after a couple cycles...Put it in the slice and it shows at 95%. That number didn't surprise me being it came off charger at 4v. Took 2 pulls and down to 90%.
Yep, like I said it's wonky. At the same time if you plug the mod in it will jump from 90% to say 95%. Just weird.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looking at what was new in the update, nothing major, I'll wait to see If they do anything about the wonkyness of the batt status/life.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some people I have seen use a SS bolt in the size they want. When you're done wrapping just gently Unscrew the coil.

Great idea. I never would have thought of that LOL

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet if enough slice owners email them regarding the battery issues they will try and do something about it... Does anyone else find the mod to be uncomfortable to hold? It's got those sharp edges on the front face that really dig into my girly hands. I hope someone makes a silicone sleeve for it.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I would have thought since TC uses lower watts once temp is reached that it would be better on batteries.
Sure you aren't vaping more with TC?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I bet if enough slice owners email them regarding the battery issues they will try and do something about it... Does anyone else find the mod to be uncomfortable to hold? It's got those sharp edges on the front face that really dig into my girly hands. I hope someone makes a silicone sleeve for it.
Lol, my girly hands. I already emailed them on it and I haven't heard back yet. Wouldn't hurt if more people did. Definitely yes on the silicone case as this thing is a scratch/chip magnet. BTW I have very manly hands. Lmao.

VU Sponsors