Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Boreas I just switched out the afc ring with my SS one. I like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Now I have to get a black one, if I like it. I already planned that. I will be so pissed if this rta is a bust for me.

F

fckaugust8th

@Deucesjack , were you saying earlier that the Slice battery cover is a little "clickety" at times? So I don't need to send it back, just get used to it? I have Basens in mine now, but 2 Hohm batteries are on the way. Also, the battery indicator is a little eratic...

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Deucesjack , were you saying earlier that the Slice battery cover is a little "clickety" at times? So I don't need to send it back, just get used to it? I have Basens in mine now, but 2 Hohm batteries are on the way. Also, the battery indicator is a little eratic...
Yeah it's a little clickety but another guy used some electrical tape in the corner to fix it. Mine has gotten better better as the days go by. If those fools at Hohmtech ever come out with a silicone cover I'm getting it.

F

fckaugust8th

If those fools at Hohmtech ever come out with a silicone cover I'm getting it.
That is why I was asking about the size difference between the Stout and the Slice! It seems the Slice is taller, so, if I find the time- very unlikely- I'll make a leather sleeve for it. Let's just hope someone will make a sleeve for it, but since the market share is so small....

F

fckaugust8th

what color?...like it matters. I'll tell you honestly, I own 3 G2s and the Slice. That is the mods with the FSK chip, I have a bunch more others but these have become the first string mods. They are a joy, the Slice has become the one! I had a blue one on pre-order, got pissed and cancelled because of the delay but now I'm kicking myself. I will definitely pick up a couple more if I find a good sale, regardless of color. All that being said, I doubt very much you'll part with it once you use it for about 5 minutes, but if you do, let me know. Take a look at the WTT/WTS posts, every time a G2 comes up, they jump on it like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what color?...like it matters. I'll tell you honestly, I own 3 G2s and the Slice. That is the mods with the FSK chip, I have a bunch more others but these have become the first string mods. They are a joy, the Slice has become the one! I had a blue one on pre-order, got pissed and cancelled because of the delay but now I'm kicking myself. I will definitely pick up a couple more if I find a good sale, regardless of color. All that being said, I doubt very much you'll part with it once you use it for about 5 minutes, but if you do, let me know. Take a look at the WTT/WTS posts, every time a G2 comes up, they jump on it like a pack of dogs on a three legged cat.

It's the plain black SE model. I think I will like it as I've been so bored with everything lately. You are right about the G2's, in the rare occasion I see one up, it's gone before long.

F

fckaugust8th

The difference between the SE and LE models are charging time- a non issue if using outside charger- and the ohm logo, basically aesthetics. The chip is the same and that's what matters. Just remember, xXx mode is your friend. I went stupid with different coils and mixing wires in claptons, fused claptons....they all work beautifully. I'm using a set of alien coils from @raymo2u , they're kanthal and nichrome 80 I think, been using them going on three weeks now and just love them in TC on the Slice. You'll love it, I'm sure..tho I hope you don't so I can buy it from you:confused:;):vino:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The difference between the SE and LE models are charging time- a non issue if using outside charger- and the ohm logo, basically aesthetics. The chip is the same and that's what matters. Just remember, xXx mode is your friend. I went stupid with different coils and mixing wires in claptons, fused claptons....they all work beautifully. I'm using a set of alien coils from @raymo2u , they're kanthal and nichrome 80 I think, been using them going on three weeks now and just love them in TC on the Slice. You'll love it, I'm sure..tho I hope you don't so I can buy it from you:confused:;):vino:
Those Raymo2u coils are the bomb.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

F

fckaugust8th

Those Raymo2u coils are the bomb. Amen to that! I have a set of stapled claptons from him too, was gonna put them on the "small" Boreas deck but nobody will see them and that's a shame, so I bought 2 more Allerias.....

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those Raymo2u coils are the bomb. Amen to that! I have a set of stapled claptons from him too, was gonna put them on the "small" Boreas deck but nobody will see them and that's a shame, so I bought 2 more Allerias.....

He's my go to for coils. I had my first set of claptons from him last over 3 months. The man does good work.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Going back through this thread and looking at pictures, I'm finding the Slice is a lot smaller than I had perceived. The photos online make it look huge but seeing it in an actual human hand tells a different story.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You folks really dig this mod? what makes it better than the wrecker, the style?

Didn't read much of this thread, I assume they just became available?

Only color I found is blue....anyone know if black is available anywhere?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Think IPV D2/3 only bigger to fit a 26650 battery with a G2 chip in it. Awesome.
Kool...nobody has them readily available that I could find....where y'all gettin the purdy colors at....like Black?....:)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
LOL...Ask @Deucesjack , we pre-ordered....and got them waaay after other people! There was a one week delay for the red and blue but now you can get any color you want.....as long as it is black:vino:
The only color vapecube is showing is BE....LU......:gaah:

F

fckaugust8th

The only color vapecube is showing is BE....LU......
Yup! It seems they sold out pretty fast. Let's hope they'll re-stock soon, I'm looking for another one, hopefully around the 4th of next month with a nice discount:D

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Naah, Deuces, that's the battery! If you take the battery out, the mod is a lot lighter....it's late,:goodnight:
Of course but why would I even hold a mod without a battery? Lol.

F

fckaugust8th

@inspects it seems that vaporcube has the LE back in stock. I went to the website and one by one, I added them to the cart. Individually they are ok, when you add 2 different colors, say a red first then go back to the LE page and add a black one, the shopping cart prompts that you can not add pre-order items with regular items. That was waay too tempting so I ran away from that page.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks like Vapor Cube has the SE in stock in every color. Like I have said if I had to buy another it would be an SE. 3 amp internal charging is of no use to me.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On a different subject there is a liberal female reporter my wife can't stand. The reporter's first name is Kamala. The funny thing to her is her name means "terrible" in Finnish. My wife is Finnish and thinks that is so funny.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
On a different subject there is a liberal female reporter my wife can't stand. The reporter's first name is Kamala. The funny thing to her is her name means "terrible" in Finnish. My wife is Finnish and thinks that is so funny.
I think all liberal reporters are Kamala. Lmao.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

In California we have Kamala Harris...

Ohwatafool

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
A heads up for all of the Slice fans. I will be putting up a WTT post for my Slice, batteries, and charger tomorrow morning. I have to take pictures and I don't have interweb access at home...country living is great with the exception of limited access to technology. Keep an eye out if you're interested in a trade for a DNA device.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine today. I'm less than impressed. The battery door is pretty wonky and my fire button stuck a couple time. Just the overall is not impressing me...

How do I use it in regular old watts mode?

VU Sponsors