Become a Patron!

Hohm Slice

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I got the basen batteries based on this thread. Not getting any others now. As long as they don't make smoke come from the fsk chip I can live with charging a little more often.

Mooch is the big cheese battery tester out there and if he says the Basen's are one of the best 26650 batteries out there then that is good enough for me. Not sure if he has tested the Hohm batteries yet but I would be interested in seeing the results.

Be confident you have excellent batteries, I know I am.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Price and customer service. They normally don't have the latest and the greatest right away but what they do have they are normally tough to beat price wise. The customer service is the best I have seen in this business. They just stand behind everything they sell.
I am too impatient to wait for a $5 saving if I want something, for example.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am with you on a $5 savings but with ecig it is the big ticket items you really save on. A $175 Triad DNA200 for $118 or so shipped, DNA133 and G2 in the $70 range, these items is were you can save $50 or more and that I can wait for.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys.

Well, I'm hoping this trade works out. It will be fun to mess around with all those crazy settings.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am too impatient to wait for a $5 saving if I want something, for example.

True, and on the Slice the savings may not be that significant because of the price point but I can honestly say most of the stuff you buy there is at a savings at significantly more than $5. Point being right now they are selling the VT133 at $88 most places are over $100 for that mod. They had the Dovpo Guardian for $20 most places were over $50. They have the Limitless right now for $19 most places are over $28 for it. They were also selling the G2 in limited colors for $73 while most places were over $100. Plus, if you chat with them online while ordering they normally throw in a 5-10 coupon code.

F

fckaugust8th

I ordered the G2s during the Memoryal Day sale at ecig.com and bought them for $58 a piece. To me that was pretty significant even compared to their regular price. It does appear that they no longer offer G2 for sale and I'm wondering if they're going to carry any of the hohm tech mods anymore.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is a lot of love for the G2 and Hohm Slice, and very well should be!

As much as I'd hate to say it, the Hohm Slice doesn't seem to be for me. It's a very nice mod, however I'm just not loving it. I kind of relate it to my preference of Android vs Apple. There's nothing wrong with Apple products, they are very good. Just not what I'm used to and comfortable with so I'm constantly doing things backwards and wrong when someone hands me an iPhone.

Alas, I'll return to my DNA and hunt for another one for a backup. If anyone wants to retire a DNA device and is looking to trade for a silver LE Hohm Slice with 4 Basen Black 26650s and possibly an eFest LUC V4 charger just hit me up.

I get it, I was the same way with the DNA200 when I had one and if I still did I would probably hit you up for a swap. I am still on the hunt to pick up a Lost Vape Triad and give the DNA200 another go but I highly doubt it will kick of my G2 or Slice for the top spot.

For me I run a lot of different tanks and half the time I can't remember if I have a Kanthal or SS coil in it. With the Slice or G2 when I put it on I can usually tell pretty quick just from the first puff in XXX mode. If I had a Kanthal coil in it before the FSK would be in the 2 to 7 % range which would be too low for most SS coils and if the next tank had a SS coil then the vape would be anemic or non existent. Quick fix is to go in and up the FSK until I get the vape I want. The opposite is true when going from SS to Kanthal, usually I am going to get a hotter vape right off the bat so I just turn FSK down.

I really just want to vape and go and with a DNA200 or any other device I would have to remember if I have a SS or Kanthal coil in my tank if I wanted to switch to TC, of course that would not matter if I was just vaping in power mode. For me that is the beauty of the FSK chip, it for those who either can't remember or don't care to remember what kind of wire is wrapped in there coils. This is even more beneficial for those that vape all the metals out there, if you have 5 different tanks, each with different metals that would be a nightmare to remember.

The DNA200 is definitely for those that want more control over there vape and knowing what it is doing. I can't say if I am hitting 420 degrees for certain if I have it set there on my Slice but I do know I can adjust my FSK to avoid burning my cotton and vape it dry. I really don't care how it gets there as long as the vape is satisfying for me but I know a lot of people do care and the DNA200 is probably better choice for them.

F

fckaugust8th

I tend to agree with @mjag on this, I just want to enjoy the vape without wondering what coil I have in a particular tank. I don't own any DNA 200 mods yet, but if the VF 133 will be reasonably priced, that will change. In other words, If I really enjoy the vape from a tank with a given mod, I'm not gonna try to change it....

Ohwatafool

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I get it, I was the same way with the DNA200 when I had one and if I still did I would probably hit you up for a swap. I am still on the hunt to pick up a Lost Vape Triad and give the DNA200 another go but I highly doubt it will kick of my G2 or Slice for the top spot.

For me I run a lot of different tanks and half the time I can't remember if I have a Kanthal or SS coil in it. With the Slice or G2 when I put it on I can usually tell pretty quick just from the first puff in XXX mode. If I had a Kanthal coil in it before the FSK would be in the 2 to 7 % range which would be too low for most SS coils and if the next tank had a SS coil then the vape would be anemic or non existent. Quick fix is to go in and up the FSK until I get the vape I want. The opposite is true when going from SS to Kanthal, usually I am going to get a hotter vape right off the bat so I just turn FSK down.

I really just want to vape and go and with a DNA200 or any other device I would have to remember if I have a SS or Kanthal coil in my tank if I wanted to switch to TC, of course that would not matter if I was just vaping in power mode. For me that is the beauty of the FSK chip, it for those who either can't remember or don't care to remember what kind of wire is wrapped in there coils. This is even more beneficial for those that vape all the metals out there, if you have 5 different tanks, each with different metals that would be a nightmare to remember.

The DNA200 is definitely for those that want more control over there vape and knowing what it is doing. I can't say if I am hitting 420 degrees for certain if I have it set there on my Slice but I do know I can adjust my FSK to avoid burning my cotton and vape it dry. I really don't care how it gets there as long as the vape is satisfying for me but I know a lot of people do care and the DNA200 is probably better choice for them.

Very true, different boats for folks that stroke or whatever. I only use RTAs with SS316 wire, so I don't have to worry about what type of material to choose. I can see the benefit of the FSK setup, I was looking forward to not having to hook the damn mod up to the computer to change things like pre-heat and punch and whatever other things I can't get to on the mod itself. I just found myself changing things too often for my liking. I've spent so much time creating profiles for my DNA that I know exactly which one to select for the RTA and build I attach. The only reason I have to connect to escribe now is because I want to change stupid pictures or logos or something. If I were to use multiple sub ohm tanks with different materials I would no doubt stick to the Hohm Slice.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I had that same problem with different wires. Now, I just run SS on everything. I do have a few Ni200 coils for my Crowns but I just throw a vape band on those tanks so I can tell the difference. Besides, since I got into building I have been retiring my Crowns one at a time. I will always keep 2 Crowns filled and ready to go as I like having something that I can change quickly on the go. Definitely one of the major advantages of Hohmtech products is that XXX mode. It's pretty much all I use.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
SS 316L is the only wire I buy now but still want to use all the kanthal wire and coils I still have, the cheap bastard in me uses the savings in not throwing away kanthal to justify another Slice!

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
All this tank talk. Wish I had one and one I could build one. Always hesitant to buy another due to my last two purchases.

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I asked ecig.com during a chat about the availability of the g2 if they where going to carry the hohm slice they said possibly.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A great first rta suggestion I have to say is either the Griffin, the Alleria ( though it is a smaller build deck) or this Tornado Nano looks easy to build and wick too. I highly recommend rta's

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A great first rta suggestion I have to say is either the Griffin, the Alleria ( though it is a smaller build deck) or this Tornado Nano looks easy to build and wick too. I highly recommend rta's

The Boreas and Merlin look great on the Slice as well. Both very easy to build on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do want a Boreas, still on the fence about the Merlin though.

The Boreas has nice flavor and great clouds. The Merlin has awesome flavor and ok clouds.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like it's a done deal, I'll be a hohm slice owner some time next week. I'm so baffled by the whole FSK thing, I have a lot of reading to do.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have looked at the boreas and it seems easy to wick, which has been my rta issue other than tiny build deck screws. Almost pulled the trigger.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks like it's a done deal, I'll be a hohm slice owner some time next week. I'm so baffled by the whole FSK thing, I have a lot of reading to do.

It's not that hard. First you go into the regular menu and pick xxx mode. Then you hold down the menu button and the +- buttons. It will say Advanced Insanity Menu. Then it will say FSK Temp Curve. Hit the fire button and adjust your curve until you find the vape you like. It's really that simple. It's just different because it's not a menu system any of us are used to but the learning curve is not steep at all

TDC123

Member For 4 Years
I have a couple new RX200S, boxes and all if someone likes that mod and wants to trade their slice.

There is a lot of love for the G2 and Hohm Slice, and very well should be!.

Alas, I'll return to my DNA and hunt for another one for a backup. If anyone wants to retire a DNA device and is looking to trade for a silver LE Hohm Slice with 4 Basen Black 26650s and possibly an eFest LUC V4 charger just hit me up.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not that hard. First you go into the regular menu and pick xxx mode. Then you hold down the menu button and the +- buttons. It will say Advanced Insanity Menu. Then it will say FSK Temp Curve. Hit the fire button and adjust your curve until you find the vape you like. It's really that simple. It's just different because it's not a menu system any of us are used to but the learning curve is not steep at all

Thanks for that... Does the slice use a 18650 sleeve? I don't plan on using one, just curious if it does.

Whirlwind

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Deucesjack Just watched a video on the merlin rta. Looks interesting and I like single coils. You done a single on it?

All i use now is the merlin with single coil.Best flavor i ever tried and easy wicking.There are a few photo's on the Merlin thread but you just keep the wick at the top of the juice cups and i have had no leaks at all.T he perfect RTA for me.

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have looked at the boreas and it seems easy to wick, which has been my rta issue other than tiny build deck screws. Almost pulled the trigger.
I highly recommend the Aromamizer supreme. I am new to building and have found it no trouble whatsoever. No leaking or dry hits, great flavor and clouds, very easy to wick. I also picked a Boreas, very close to the Aromamizer, but I prefer the separate jfc and airflow on the Aromamizer.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Merlin ordered. I looked at the aromamizer supreme but did not want to spend that much.

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got the mini for about $30 from Fasttech, but you have to be willing to wait. The mini looks great on smaller mods.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got the mini for about $30 from Fasttech, but you have to be willing to wait. The mini looks great on smaller mods.
I ordered a lemo 2 from ft. It was defective. I had to eat it. I don't order those types of things from ft because of my lemo experience.

F

fckaugust8th

Tell her you won a giveaway while you're looking for something in the fridge. ...that's what I do!

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Boreas has nice flavor and great clouds. The Merlin has awesome flavor and ok clouds.

I just hate how they have the Merlin deck set up. Every review I've seen on it says to just build one 4mm coil instead of dual coil. Plus still haven't figured out how to wick a dual coil I that thing. Maybe I'd like it if I just bought one and vaped it LOL

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was just looking more closely at the slice I'm trading for and it does not seem to have the symbols all over it. Does anyone else have one with a plain finish? I'm much prefer that over the embellished ones but haven't seen photos of one like that yet. Another quick question, I know the limited editions advertise three amp charging, what about the non limited models?

Thanks

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I was just looking more closely at the slice I'm trading for and it does not seem to have the symbols all over it. Does anyone else have one with a plain finish? I'm much prefer that over the embellished ones but haven't seen photos of one like that yet. Another quick question, I know the limited editions advertise three amp charging, what about the non limited models?

Thanks
Vaporcube.com has some decent pics. The SE (standard edition) doesn't have any symbols on it and charges in 4.5 hrs. The LE (Limited Edition) charges in 1.5 hrs and has the symbols on it. As far as I know those are the only differences. I'm thinking with those charge #'s the SE is charging at 1 amp. Oh yeah the SE has Hohm Slice written across it the LE has different branding.

Last edited:

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaporcube.com has some decent pics. The SE (standard edition) doesn't have any symbols on it and charges in 4.5 hrs. The LE (Limited Edition) charges in 1.5 hrs and has the symbols on it. As far as I know those are the only differences. I'm thinking with those charge #'s the SE is charging at 1 amp. Oh yeah the SE has Hohm Slice written across it the LE has different branding.

Cool thanks for clearing that up. I'm not the biggest fan of the branding on the SE but I could careless. I'm in this for the chip. It could be housed in a juice box for all I care; I just want to tinker.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cool thanks for clearing that up. I'm not the biggest fan of the branding on the SE but I could careless. I'm in this for the chip. It could be housed in a juice box for all I care; I just want to tinker.
If you wanted something that looked like a juice box then you should have gotten the G2. Lol. Tbh if I ordered another I would get the SE because I never charge internally. Glad I could help.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you wanted something that looked like a juice box then you should have gotten the G2. Lol. Tbh if I ordered another I would get the SE because I never charge internally. Glad I could help.

But just think how much MORE money you can get for those symbols once august gets here. Rollin' in the dough.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
But just think how much MORE money you can get for those symbols once august gets here. Rollin' in the dough.
I'm probably going to have 2 more before August. Gonna pick up a Silver and Blue. Also going to grab another VT133 and maybe another G2. Taking a serious look at the IPV6 but I'm waiting to see the reviews.

VU Sponsors