Become a Patron!

Hohm Wrecker G2 and Slice first time users guide

suDnd3th

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Regulating volts is how it regulates temp so it will put out whatever volts are needed to heat the coil to the temp you like. Not sure there would be any difference in battery drain.
It regulates watts/joules not volts to get temp. Volts and amps can be adjusted to get the desired watts

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They say you shouldn't cause once you lock the resistance it disables all the battery saving options it comes with. You'll reduce your battery life is all from what I understand. It won't regulate and adjust the volts, amps the same as it would to get the most out of your battery.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I thought it seemed to be using a bit more battery life. Not a big deal for me as I have 3 in rotation and 3 sets of spares always charged up, and the same for my 3 triple battery mods.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The paint on the edges of my Slice has little chips in it already... :huh:

I'm also going to pick up some iJoy 26650's, the Hohm Grown 26650's have about half the runtime of the iJoy's.
Unfortunately the paint on the Slice is a well established con.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavour.

-William Cowper

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
2e3e0b84fe53a83d1cf8b4dea4304bed.jpg

My paint had held up lol.
Gonna clear coat it next week prolly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
I wonder if a chemical paint stripper will clean it off easily. I'd love a Slice Raw that would match my Minikin 2 Raw. :idea:
A chemical stripper does clean it easily though you really should take it apart before you attempt it. I've done it to mine and it's really not a cumbersome job. The slice really does look a lot better unfinished. You can see some examples of mine and others on the VU Hohm Slice thread.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A chemical stripper does clean it easily though you really should take it apart before you attempt it. I've done it to mine and it's really not a cumbersome job. The slice really does look a lot better unfinished

What chemical stripper did you use?

I really like the brushed finish I did but would not mind stripping one more to put a polished finish on it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
What chemical stripper did you use?

I really like the brushed finish I did but would not mind stripping one more to put a polished finish on it.

3b883ebe1cf0dd234e8a51d4b88de16e.jpg

Just the usual stuff I bought at Lowe's. As you know mjag, the paint on the Slice is so thin that it just takes minutes for it to start bubbling off. I just had to be real careful not to get any of it on the internals.

Mundo

Member For 4 Years
Thanks @Mundo

Thinking of doing my blue slice. It only has 2 or 3 small chips but the blue is a disappointing shade compared to the G2, it would look better neked.

I know what you mean mjag. I have a blue one too that I'm getting ready to refinish ... I thought I'd get used to the color but it's just not happening.
Hey, how's your brushed finish holding up? Mine is getting a bit scratched up ... still, it doesn't seem too bad .

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know what you mean mjag. I have a blue one too that I'm getting ready to refinish ... I thought I'd get used to the color but it's just not happening.
Hey, how's your brushed finish holding up? Mine is getting a bit scratched up ... still, it doesn't seem too bad .

It's holding up pretty good, I just have to clean it from time to time with some Bar Keepers Friend.

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A chemical stripper does clean it easily though you really should take it apart before you attempt it. I've done it to mine and it's really not a cumbersome job. The slice really does look a lot better unfinished. You can see some examples of mine and others on the VU Hohm Slice thread.

Thanks for the info @Mundo it will be taken completely apart before I strip it. My slice has a seriously annoying rattle in the buttons too, so I'll be trying a thin piece of foam behind the buttons to squelch the rattle.

I've seen the pics, they look excellent. :cheers:

brittany741

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Got my second G2 out and updated and guess what?! The damn thing works FLAWLESSLY. My first one is defective. I am not crazy or stupid, IT IS. I've read everything backwards and forwards, I'm a gearhead, and not being able to figure it out was driving me nuts.

Needless to say the second one is just plain WOW. I think I need a few more ;)

Anyone dealt with the warranty process?

Thanks guys,
Brittany

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got my second G2 out and updated and guess what?! The damn thing works FLAWLESSLY. My first one is defective. I am not crazy or stupid, IT IS. I've read everything backwards and forwards, I'm a gearhead, and not being able to figure it out was driving me nuts.

Thanks guys,
Brittany
I tried dealing with them via email for my battery door issues before I committed to the warranty process and they were not very helpful. Hopefully they are easier to deal with for your board issues.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Thanks guys,
Brittany
Yeah speak to Jacob or Hunter. They're great and they'll take care of you.

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all its flavour.

-William Cowper

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well this is pretty sucky:

One of the magnets came off the cover and is stuck on the mod, which makes for a huge door gap issue:

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well this is pretty sucky:

One of the magnets came off the cover and is stuck on the mod, which makes for a huge door gap issue:

The head cap of the magnet is on the door still. Take it off and you can dab some epoxy on the inside of it and stick it back onto the metal pin still in the mod.

Simple fix it looks like.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys. Yes, I figured that was what I would have to do but I just felt like griping. I will need to dig out my epoxy and see if I can get it stuck back where it belongs without making the door wobble any worse than it was before the magnet came off.

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So, everyone is simply able to update the FW on their slice using the instructions on the HT site? When I tried on my Windos 8 laptop, the computer would never recognize my Slice...
I know the feeling.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So is it best to build your coils spaced for temp. Control for the slice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So is it best to build your coils spaced for temp. Control for the slice?

Spaced coils generally do a better job for TC at least that has been my experience with SS. For kanthal I haven't really tried it but since you can control it via the FSK curve not sure if it matters.

LetTheLuckRoll

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Spaced coils generally do a better job for TC at least that has been my experience with SS. For kanthal I haven't really tried it but since you can control it via the FSK curve not sure if it matters.

Thanks for the info, I'm using non spaced coils ss316 they work great was curious if spaced was better.

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

XEVU

Equal Opportunity Offender
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Recently got my 1st G2. People say it's not ergonomic but it fits perfectly in my shirt pocket.
I haven't really had time to fine tune the tc on Kantal with the fsk chip but the battery usage is excellent. I have the same batteries LG HG2 in all of my mods and using the same tank, TFV8, the G2 seems to last longer between charges than all of them, including my DNA250 mods.
Glad I read this thread and gave it a try!

sent from craptastic taptalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Recently got my 1st G2. People say it's not ergonomic but it fits perfectly in my shirt pocket.
I haven't really had time to fine tune the tc on Kantal with the fsk chip but the battery usage is excellent. I have the same batteries LG HG2 in all of my mods and using the same tank, TFV8, the G2 seems to last longer between charges than all of them, including my DNA250 mods.
Glad I read this thread and gave it a try!

sent from craptastic taptalk
Welcome to the club. The hype is indeed real.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

david4500

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ditto on the black. not a big fan of the case/magnet quality though so at this point I think the 4 I have are too many and I am waiting on @david4500 to start selling cases I can slap my boards in.

Here are the files I made: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y3zbf45n99x4538/AADwpeoQMlE-EdZvFOAGw9Nwa?dl=0

The enclosure I used was an Alpinetech CNC 1590B. There is a PDF printable template. The board holder was 3D printed from Shapeways, you can use the STL file to do that (it is in millimeters). The dual 20700 tray is IM2X20700 from MosMax Electronics.

VU Sponsors