Become a Patron!

Hohm wrecker g2

Rhett1977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The newest update version is 2.5.5 My understanding is that they are working on new algorithms to address some problems, this is why the release of the Slice was pushed back.

Where did you hear about the Slice being moved back? When is the prospective date now? Damn I'm ready for that sob to come in already!!!!!

F

fckaugust8th

It was a comment one the Hohm Tech FB page. They were saying that the Slice release was pushed back from beginning of May to the end of May because they were redoing the algorithms.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Where did you hear about the Slice being moved back? When is the prospective date now? Damn I'm ready for that sob to come in already!!!!!

Spoke to Hohmtech yesterday. They had a few glitches they had to work out. Earliest release will be at the end of this month with the latest being the first 2 weeks in June. They just wanted to make sure they got it right the first time around.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
New G2 with the new Lyche tank and a Notch coil. Flavor for days.
68b6ed79d2ab1dbf2c2faf548eed7681.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Interested in that tank.
I've had it for about a week. Been running the Notch coil in it and she has some great flavor. I won it in an Eleaf giveaway. I can't even find replacement coils for it yet. They're all on pre order. Only 2 cons are, it's tiny it only holds 4mls and when you refill it she gurgles and spits for the first 2 or 3 hits. Other than that I really like it. The side fill takes some getting used to. The air flow can go from loose to real restrictive. Definitely good for a MTLer.

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've had it for about a week. Been running the Notch coil in it and she has some great flavor. I won it in an Eleaf giveaway. I can't even find replacement coils for it yet. They're all on pre order. Only 2 cons are, it's tiny it only holds 4mls and when you refill it she gurgles and spits for the first 2 or 3 hits. Other than that I really like it. The side fill takes some getting used to. The air flow can go from loose to real restrictive. Definitely good for a MTLer.

Yeah I haven't seen coils anywhere yet. But those tanks are only 20 bucks so they peaked my interest. Usually only use rda's. 4ml should last me 10 mins lol.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just ordered my Hohm slice well preordered I've been waiting for this thing like a kid waits for Santa

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement
Yep after getting a G2 yeaterday I'm patiently waiting for this lil bad boy. Going to be my first 26650 mod and I already have a set of Basens charged up and ready to go.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The hype is real. I own several dna 200 mods and the g2 I got last week is awesome. Tc with kanthal takes it to the next level. With all these great sales I had to get another one. I suspect shops are dumping inventory with the recent fda regs.
Who has a great sale on the G2?

*edit*
I found it for $75, what a bargain.

blackmvrket.la has limited and regular in multiple colors, not that it matters but they are also an authorized retailer.

Last edited:

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Im starting to get a little disenchanted with my G2.... Everyone says how they hit harder at tthe same wattage as other mods. I have a .2 build of SS in my boreas right now. on the G2 with fresh batteries, the vape is decent at 100 watts. I pull the tank off and put it on my RX set at 100 watts and the vape is so much better. this is with the G2 set for wattage mode. I havent really played with it much in TC mode, but it just seems weak. really wishing I hadent bought this thing...

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im starting to get a little disenchanted with my G2.... Everyone says how they hit harder at tthe same wattage as other mods. I have a .2 build of SS in my boreas right now. on the G2 with fresh batteries, the vape is decent at 100 watts. I pull the tank off and put it on my RX set at 100 watts and the vape is so much better. this is with the G2 set for wattage mode. I havent really played with it much in TC mode, but it just seems weak. really wishing I hadent bought this thing...
Must be a battery issue.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I feel the same way. Mine actually seems to be cooler at the same wattage. I dont mind really, the whole draw of the G2 for me was kanthal TC, didnt even care about the other TCs, just wanted kanthal. As long as it does that (and it does) Im happy.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have an RX but perhaps it is not accurate (overpowered?), the G2 puts out 100W RMS at 0.2 ohm without a doubt assuming your batteries aren't experiencing awful sag.

rckVape

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I feel the same way. Mine actually seems to be cooler at the same wattage. I dont mind really, the whole draw of the G2 for me was kanthal TC, didnt even care about the other TCs, just wanted kanthal. As long as it does that (and it does) Im happy.
Coil build are the same for TC kanthal as they are for watts kanthal?

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I'll grab my ipv4 and my raptor. Compare all 3 with the same building and batteries.

As to Batts in the g2, I've used married vtc4s, Sammy 25rs, hb2s and with all of them my rx with the same build and the same watt setting the rx was a hotter better vape. With the g2 I don't get that hiss of it vaporizing juice at all. Yea it's smooth, but it just isn't a great satisfying vase for me. I bought it for the low build ability. Yea I can build under .1 with it, but the vase quality just isn't on part for me.

I'll be back in a bit with my comparison with the other mods...

roxynoodle

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I'll grab my ipv4 and my raptor. Compare all 3 with the same building and batteries.

As to Batts in the g2, I've used married vtc4s, Sammy 25rs, hb2s and with all of them my rx with the same build and the same watt setting the rx was a hotter better vape. With the g2 I don't get that hiss of it vaporizing juice at all. Yea it's smooth, but it just isn't a great satisfying vase for me. I bought it for the low build ability. Yea I can build under .1 with it, but the vase quality just isn't on part for me.

I'll be checking in on your results.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

When you say you don't get that hiss you seem to be talking about in temperature control mode?

If yes then this simply isn't how the G2 regulates temperature, it doesn't heat the coil to full temperature unless you are actually vaping it.

paul.k

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
@paul.k, can you compare the dna200 and the g2? I have a g2 and contemplate a dotbox with dna200 in it.
I like both for different reasons but I'm really liking kanthal tc. It actually works quite well. I pretty much gave up on tc with nickel and maybe i might visit ss tc again but for now kanthal tc is working for me. I vape under 100w usually so not likely to use all the power but that being said the g2 just feels like it has more power than the dna 200. Not a lot but just enough to notice. I'm still not getting rid of the dna 200's. They are very smooth and accurate.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Let us know what you think buddy! :)
Arrived, haven't tried it yet but it's a nice mod, fairly lightweight, feels good in the hands.

I'll get it going this weekend with any luck.

Time to order more batteries, noticed most aren't holding a charge worth a shit, a few let um sit overnight and the voltage has dropped more than I'm comfortable with.

F

fckaugust8th

@paul.k , thank you for the response. I guess I'll see if the Dotbox is priced reasonably, then decide. After watching the G2 video clip, I'm really curious to see the reviews on the Slice. I may get another G2 and the Slice, probably both for what I'd pay for the Dotbox.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coil build are the same for TC kanthal as they are for watts kanthal?

Do you mean can you use the same coil in TC and in watts? If so, yes. Whatever coils you build with kanthal for watts mode, you can use in TC mode (using the XXX setting and adjusting the FSK Temp Curve)

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok... Ill try to type this legibly... Im rather nic sick right now.. God the room is spinning and I keep getting bouts of sweats... Ugh...

So I used my G2, IPV4, both RX200s, and a raptor 120. Batteries were fairly new VTC4s fresh off the charger. Using my Boreas (Of course...) build is 28G SS 316, 3mm coils, .32 Ohms. I attached the atty, installed the batteries and took 5 good puffs (about 3-5 seconds) and moved to the next device. After each test, I went back to the G2 to compare. Everything was done in wattage mode.

Wattage set at 100 watts on all. well all but the raptor. It is an adjustable voltage mod.

On the RXs, 100 watts was reading at 4.5 volts. nice even hiss, good warmth. Vape like Im used to.

G2, Watts at 100, Voltage read 4.7. Noticeably less hiss, cooler vape, clouds not as dense.

IPV4, watts at 100, voltage read 4.7. Nice even hiss, same warmth as RXs.

G2, Watts at 100, Voltage read 4.7. Noticeably less hiss, cooler vape, clouds not as dense.

Raptor, set the voltage at 4.7, vaped just like the RXs and IPV4.

went back to the RXs and adjusted the wattage until the voltage read 4.7. Wattage was now up to 104.something or other..

God the room is spinning and I just about fell off the couch just now. I think my computers mouse just ran away.... Holy crap, this was all with 3mg?? wonder if I mixed it to hot?

Pulled out one of my spare decks for the boreas (love that I have multiple decks so I can have different builds and hot swap them in with out having to tear apart a good running build just to try something new.) and built it with fused claptons 24G kanthal wrapped in 34G SS 316 3mm dia at .15 ohms. Why wrap kanthal with ss? simple, Im out of thin kanthal and my local shop is closed at 0100 in the morning... Re did all the testing, same wattage. Cant remember what the voltage was at right now, heck Im glad I can remember my name, which is fred. No wait that my sons cats name... Aw crap, I cant even remember that!!! But the results were pretty much the same.

Now here is where I started to get nic sick and lost all common sense. Most people would stop, right? Nope not good old Gloria. No, wait... Thats my Dogs name... Crap... anywhoo... I built another Boreas deck with 2 strands of twisted 26G kanthal, then twisted that with a singe strand 22G kanthal. No clue why, but I was rather out of sorts at the time. 6 wraps, 3mm .15 ohms. Same test... pretty much same results. although my Raptor yelled at me and didnt want to fire it. Oh well. I was beyond caring at that point. got thirsty so I made a cup of coffee. again dont know why, I should be in bed right now, but im buzzing on Caffeine and Nic so bad I can hear colors and see flavors... Out of sheer Im a dumb ass I decided to try this build on the G2 in Kanthal TC. temp set at 550, wattage at 100. didnt play with the FSK settings as I have NO clue what I am doing with those yet. Now THAT was a damn good vape!

Noticed that the batteries were down to 58%.... Hmmm. These were fully charged when I started....

At this point my vision started blurring and I started to have a casual conversation with my cordless drill about the presidential race. It was a good conversation until I realized that my drill had some pretty good ideas and was actually talking back to me. I figured I was done at this point.

Im gonna go pass out now. Ill revisit this in the AM. well later in the AM since its 0130 now...

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
When you say you don't get that hiss you seem to be talking about in temperature control mode?

If yes then this simply isn't how the G2 regulates temperature, it doesn't heat the coil to full temperature unless you are actually vaping it.

No. I wasnt using TC when I was noticing this. I generally dont TC. I tried it with Nickle, but kinda gave up on it. Ive played a bit with SS tc on my Rxs, but not a lot. Im normally a wattage guy.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If I raise my wattage to 100 I get insane sizzle on my SS430 builds, no way could I vape it as it would be too hot. I'm not running that much wire so I can't really compare builds, my most dense (coil mass) build is dual 3mm triple twisted and they are awesome at around 70 watts.

Anyone else run massive coils that can test?

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yep after getting a G2 yeaterday I'm patiently waiting for this lil bad boy. Going to be my first 26650 mod and I already have a set of Basens charged up and ready to go.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk
I was so hesitant to pay around 130$ for what I thought looked like a mech mod ESP where the colors on the website just does not do them justice. I got the LE so at least it had w little more detail but once I got it I realized why they were that much and what exactly they can do so for 60/70$ to get that FSK chip I was checking every few days to see if I could order it yet

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If I raise my wattage to 100 I get insane sizzle on my SS430 builds, no way could I vape it as it would be too hot. I'm not running that much wire so I can't really compare builds, my most dense (coil mass) build is dual 3mm triple twisted and they are awesome at around 70 watts.

Anyone else run massive coils that can test?
The G2's wattage is more realistic then any other mod Ive used....It feels more powerful then anything else. 120w on the G2 is similar to 200w on almost any other mod

Dampfsucht

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
image.jpeg
SS316L cores wrapped with A1K 2.5mm ID.
XXX mode with FSK curve set at 10.5%. 480F at 80 to 100 watts, .18 ohms (just barely fits in chamber). DIY Looper Clone juice 3mg.

Can somebody help me out. Should resistance be locked or not on the G2 in XXX mode with SS and why or why not?

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
View attachment 51466
SS316L cores wrapped with A1K 2.5mm ID.
XXX mode with FSK curve set at 10.5%. 480F at 80 to 100 watts, .18 ohms (just barely fits in chamber). DIY Looper Clone juice 3mg.

Can somebody help me out. Should resistance be locked or not on the G2 in XXX mode with SS and why or why not?

From the info that Hohm Tech put out. You should never use resistance lock. Not sure why they have it if you aren't supposed to use it.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use resistance lock on SS.

When using Auto + TC mode is when it isn't a good idea to use resistance lock from my understanding, it works as it should.

Dampfsucht

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I use resistance lock on SS.

When using Auto + TC mode is when it isn't a good idea to use resistance lock from my understanding, it works as it should.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll lock resistance in XXX mode now.

And unlocked again now.

Last edited:

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
From their site:

Simultaneously press and release both “-“ button and “MODE” buttons. This feature is NOT ADVISED, as it disables all integrated battery saving systems and features. Temperatures displayed on screen while RESISTANCE LOCK is enabled, may be inaccurate. This feature is unavailable when “AUTO+TC Control” is enabled in the Advanced Insanity Menu (AIM).

Ignore it if you like. That is always an option.

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Arrived, haven't tried it yet but it's a nice mod, fairly lightweight, feels good in the hands.

I'll get it going this weekend with any luck.

Time to order more batteries, noticed most aren't holding a charge worth a shit, a few let um sit overnight and the voltage has dropped more than I'm comfortable with.

I'm just curious if you got it going today and how you like it.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You ever have one of those days where something that has been puzzling you just suddenly snaps into focus and you go AH-HA! and it makes sense? I realized today that a lot of my issues with my G2 showed up when my battery levels dropped under 50%. Started thinking about battery sag, and how and older battery develops more internal resistance and realized that my VTC4s were bought when my IPV4 was brand new on the market... My Sammy 25R's were even older.

So I picked up a set of new HE4s today and charged them up. so far it is vaping pretty good.

I also had a little coming to Jesus moment with myself and realized that I have been subconsciously sabotaging my vape on the G2. Prior to the G2 I was using my RXs. With the LG poo batteries. 3000mah cells. three of them. when I first got the G2, I was shocked at how the battery levels were dropping a percent every other puff. So I lowered the wattage a bit. then a bit more. Then a bit more. ended up around 100 watts and the battery levels weren't dropping as fast. Fast forward to this morning. I left the G2 on the shelf and was using my Rx. noticed after an hour the vape wasn't as strong as I like. started bumping the voltage up. (Still had it set at 100 from last nights little debacle) finally got it up to 130 and it hit me... I normally vape this thing with my fused 24G claptons at 130-135. Why was i trying to compare the G2 to the RX at 100? Obviously the vape would be anemic to me, I am normally higher than that! I then thought about the Battery issue and bought new batteries. It probably wasn't the best idea to go from a 3 battery mod with 3000mah batteries to a dual battery mod using 2100 mah batteries and expect the battery life to stay the same. and in trying to get the same battery life i was lowering the wattage without adjusting my builds.

So I wont give up on this thing just yet. I brought my 2 bay charger in to work with me tonight as well as a spare set of batteries (my VTC4s) and Ill see how the HE4s work and will just adjust my way of vaping to the device a bit. with my RX I could go all day without changing batteries. with the G2 I may need to doa battery swap. but if it works, then so be it. Im also gonna look into replacing all my old batteries with new ones.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From their site:

Simultaneously press and release both “-“ button and “MODE” buttons. This feature is NOT ADVISED, as it disables all integrated battery saving systems and features. Temperatures displayed on screen while RESISTANCE LOCK is enabled, may be inaccurate. This feature is unavailable when “AUTO+TC Control” is enabled in the Advanced Insanity Menu (AIM).

Ignore it if you like. That is always an option.

I knew there was something about Auto + TC lol.

I'm not sure what battery savings feature they are referring to but I lock my resistance (when going out) because it's 72 in my house and 90 outside.

I get an anemic vape if I don't lock the resistance before going out. Inside I leave it unlocked.

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
My Hohm slice is on its way even tho it said not until June 1st just letting ppl know but this one the Tiffany blue one I didn't get one saying the silver one shipped

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

Wow, that is great news. Hopefully they will all start dropping.

VU Sponsors