Become a Patron!

Hohm wrecker g2

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I talked with Hohm Tech about the problem I was having with some tanks and they admitted that some tanks with longer 510's might have problems. They told me to use a drip tip o'ring around the 510 of the tanks I am having problems with and that would give the space needed. They said some tanks will push the 510 down to far. Luckily I have a bag of 25 orings and it worked. There is of course a slight gap so if you're OCD about that kind of thing then keep that in mind.

Does anyone else have that problem with some tanks? The tanks that had the most problem is the Arctic V8 and Cerakoat but it happened with the Crown, Steam Engine and COV Defiant, had to fiddle with them until they were good. Is it just my G2 that has more problems than others? I already talked to ecig and they will send me a replacement but if this is how they generally operate then maybe I will just deal with it. I really like this mod, once I figured out how to use it it is probably my favorite mod, just the occasional tank issues makes me wonder if maybe I have a defect.

Anyone who can share there experience would be greatly appreciated, my sense is my problems are not the norm and I should get a replacement.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
you can also get a nylon or fiber washer at a hardware store that is the same size as your atty and do the same thing. Bonus points as it will keep the atty from scratching the finish of the mod.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I only run Crowns, STM's, and a Lyche. They all fit flush wih no problems.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
you can also get a nylon or fiber washer at a hardware store that is the same size as your atty and do the same thing. Bonus points as it will keep the atty from scratching the finish of the mod.
R/C body washers from 1/10 scale work pretty well and they make all different sorts, different materials, colors and sizes.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I just wanted to know if other people have to do that, if so then I will deal with it, if not then I can get a replacement and not worry about it.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only run Crowns, STM's, and a Lyche. They all fit flush wih no problems.

I did have it happen twice on my crown, unscrewed it then down again and it worked. So everyone knows I do hit the fire button a couple of times before installing a new tank so that the prior tanks settings are cleared. It just seems like I am having more problems than most so I am better off getting it replaced while I still can.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I did have it happen twice on my crown, unscrewed it then down again and it worked. So everyone knows I do hit the fire button a couple of times before installing a new tank so that the prior tanks settings are cleared. It just seems like I am having more problems than most so I am better off getting it replaced while I still can.

Not trying to be a Jerk but are you sure it's an authentic Crown?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, it's authentic, I got it when they first came out from a reputable US company.

I am not a newb guys, I have been vaping for nearly 3 years and have at least 15 to 20 tanks and have about 12 high end mods. I have never had this problem with any mod though

HvyMtl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I talked with Hohm Tech about the problem I was having with some tanks and they admitted that some tanks with longer 510's might have problems. They told me to use a drip tip o'ring around the 510 of the tanks I am having problems with and that would give the space needed. They said some tanks will push the 510 down to far. Luckily I have a bag of 25 orings and it worked. There is of course a slight gap so if you're OCD about that kind of thing then keep that in mind.

Does anyone else have that problem with some tanks? The tanks that had the most problem is the Arctic V8 and Cerakoat but it happened with the Crown, Steam Engine and COV Defiant, had to fiddle with them until they were good. Is it just my G2 that has more problems than others? I already talked to ecig and they will send me a replacement but if this is how they generally operate then maybe I will just deal with it. I really like this mod, once I figured out how to use it it is probably my favorite mod, just the occasional tank issues makes me wonder if maybe I have a defect.

Anyone who can share there experience would be greatly appreciated, my sense is my problems are not the norm and I should get a replacement.

For what it's worth I have a v8 and multiple crowns and have used them all on my g2 without any issue.

Ogvapez

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Same here Griffin 25mm, Avacado 24mm, Crown 22mm, Alleria and Boreas with no problem. Also Khantal A1 to SS316L to NI no problem. It does everything and perfect.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you, looks like I will be getting a replacement as my G2 is faulty.

For what it is worth I am not trying to bash this mod, I really like it, I just got unlucky with a faulty 510. It happens and that is not to put down the Hohm Tech, thankfully they are a US based company and I know I will be taken care of.

I also want to say the best mod I have for TC as well, I don't want to be without it for a week but it is what it is.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My Atomic is too long and does that if I torque it down.

I don't think your G2 is faulty. I have another device that does the same thing with the same RDA.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you think a 13 heavens will still work with a nylon washer?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
ordered 26 new batteries this morning, I wanted to try the G2 this afternoon, but decided to wait for good batteries. I don't have any more paired that hold a charge very long, and are taking longer to recharge....time to recycle.

F

fckaugust8th

@raymo2u , my viking weave wold make a nice notch type coil, I just can't get it to work properly. I'll keep trying, but I may call on you for help.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@f1vefour are you bragging? "My Atomic is too long and does that if I torque it down."
Yep ;)

Really though the Atomic has the longest 510 I have seen, the authentic I don't know about the clones.

All my other atomizers have no issue except the Zephyrus, if the floating 510 gets juice on it inside the airflow chamber sometimes it will say no atomizer. Both of these are really atomizer issue, the Zephyrus can do that on anything and the Atomic won't sit completely flush on anything I own.

Everpresentnewb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Do you think a 13 heavens will still work with a nylon washer?
Yes. the Atty gets its neg connection through the 510 threads, not the base touching the top of the mod. Look at wooden bodied mods. Only metal to atty contact is through the actual 510, not the pad.

510 on my G2 seems solid. No issues. In fact Im really starting to like this thing now. So much so that i didnt even bring another mod to work with me tonight. Still trying to figure out the whole FSK Curve adjustments, but all in all its working quite well for me now.

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Everpresentnewb I just got the original hohm wrecker and love it. Not in to tc but kanthal tc may be nice. I have to get washers now. Thanks for the info on the 13. I didn't know that.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My G2 has not been giving me any troubles with my other tanks after the first day except the Arctic V8 and Cerakoat but I added the drip tip orings to the 510 on those tanks and it is fine. I do have the option to send mine back for a replacement but will just use it exclusively through the weekend with all my tanks and decide on Monday. The tanks with the orings do have a slight gap and don't sit flush but there secure and I am not OCD about those things so it doesn't bother me. I am thinking maybe there was a little piece of solder around my 510 connection which was causing my problems at first but after a couple of days usage it has not happened again.

I am not crazy about the 510 but love using this mod in xXx mode, not having to change modes is awesome for TC, works with everything. The G2 has really been a game changer with TC for me, I love it now and it is so easy once you get the hang of it. I was showing how it worked to a buddy of mine yesterday and he was seriously impressed, I bet he will get one soon.

Grego

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
I kept reading all this positive feedback for the g2 . I was thinking I don't need one. My next thought was well Raymo was right about the griffin he was right about the Diablo and the boreas...... Fuck it get one okay two

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It makes me happy when people listen when I tell them something is great....even if it takes a while for people to try it.

You have probably already mentioned this before but after a long work week my brain is fried. Do you think the Hohm Slice is a good buy? I already have a VF Stout that I use on the road for the small form factor and battery life. I also have about (5) 26650's so another mod using that type would make sense. I am really tempted to get a Slice, G2 for the house, slice on the road.

f1vefour

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You have probably already mentioned this before but after a long work week my brain is fried. Do you think the Hohm Slice is a good buy? I already have a VF Stout that I use on the road for the small form factor and battery life. I also have about (5) 26650's so another mod using that type would make sense. I am really tempted to get a Slice, G2 for the house, slice on the road.
If your happy with the Stout the Slice will be a great device.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you bought a stout and like it then the Slice would only make the stout a backup. It has the same features as the G2 with lower wattage and a slightly higher resistance limit (Still lower then most people would ever need). It still TC's all metals, has a great look and since you already own enough 26650s I would say it would only be fitting to grab one....If you dont like it then I or someone else will snatch it from your hands quicker then you could blink.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
If you bought a stout and like it then the Slice would only make the stout a backup. It has the same features as the G2 with lower wattage and a slightly higher resistance limit (Still lower then most people would ever need). It still TC's all metals, has a great look and since you already own enough 26650s I would say it would only be fitting to grab one....If you dont like it then I or someone else will snatch it from your hands quicker then you could blink.
I've had that baby on pre order for weeks. Can't wait to get my red Hohm Slice. I originally ordered Silver but after getting a silver G2 I changed it to red. I never had a 26650 mod or a red one for that matter. This one's a first all around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've had that baby on pre order for weeks. Can't wait to get my red Hohm Slice. I originally ordered Silver but after getting a silver G2 I changed it to red. I never had a 26650 mod or a red one for that matter. This one's a first all around.

I want a Black Hohm Slice....Then Im going to use Silver Leaf on the edges and clear coat it ;)

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am wanting to order an le hohm slice still but saw the new wismec rx75 and am thinking about one of those as well. Anyone have thoughts on that guy?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am wanting to order an le hohm slice still but saw the new wismec rx75 and am thinking about one of those as well. Anyone have thoughts on that guy?

After owning a G2 and several Wismec devices I would take a Hohmtech device over any of them. Not saying Wismec makes a bad device. I love my VF Classic and it's still one of my favorite mods but that FSK chip is truly killer. Once you get used to it and dial that baby in she runs right up there with a DNA. If you're looking for a killer tc device under 100w check out the Innokin Cool fire IV Tc100. It's a highly underated chip and smooth as hell. They're making it now with a 18650 but she only goes up to 80w. I use it as my commuter mod a she's a tough Lil bastard.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After owning a G2 and several Wismec devices I would take a Hohmtech device over any of them. Not saying Wismec makes a bad device. I love my VF Classic and it's still one of my favorite mods but that FSK chip is truly killer. Once you get used to it and dial that baby in she runs right up there with a DNA. If you're looking for a killer tc device under 100w check out the Innokin Cool fire IV Tc100. It's a highly underated chip and smooth as hell. They're making it now with a 18650 but she only goes up to 80w. I use it as my commuter mod a she's a tough Lil bastard.

I have a lavabox dna200 and a g2 now. Trying to find something small and TC. Which is why I am getting a slice. Just didn't know about the wismec as I have never had any of their stuff. What battery are folks snagging up for the slice?

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a lavabox dna200 and a g2 now. Trying to find something small and TC. Which is why I am getting a slice. Just didn't know about the wismec as I have never had any of their stuff. What battery are folks snagging up for the slice?

I got some of theirs, Hohm Tech-Hohm Grown, and some MNK to try.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was one thing that was making me hesitant on the slice, I haven't seen much selection out there for 26650. I will probably get the hohm tech one as well. Match set it up I guess.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

I bought 2 Basen and 2 MXJO. 26650's batteries are not as good as 18650's tech wise. From what I heard the tech just hasn't caught up to them yet but with more and more 26650 mods coming out that should change real quick. Haven't tried Hohmtech's 26650 yet. I'm a little gun shy dropping over $20 on a battery. I hope Mooch runs a test on them soon. Mooch gave favorable reviews to the Basen and MXJO. Plus when I bought them there really wasn't a big in stock selection out there.

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah, I know the MNK batts are very good and reputable. I will be able to compare them to the Hohm Tech ones. From what I remember, Mooch reviewed their 18650's and they really compared to an LG brownie. They may also be overstating their 26650 as well. I guess we will see.

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I know the MNK batts are very good and reputable. I will be able to compare them to the Hohm Tech ones. From what I remember, Mooch reviewed their 18650's and they really compared to an LG brownie. They may also be overstating their 26650 as well. I guess we will see.
I would like to hear how they compare before dropping the money on a mod I have to go buy new batteries for. See if a $60 purchase quickly turns into an $80- $90 purchase.

NatGasMan

James
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I would like to hear how they compare before dropping the money on a mod I have to go buy new batteries for. See if a $60 purchase quickly turns into an $80- $90 purchase.

I will most certainly let you know whenever my Hohm Slice gets here. :wait: :)

VU Sponsors