Become a Patron!

How to avoid Vaper's tongue?

Alectrofag

Unlisted Vendor
There are many ways that can be used to avoid this problem. Some of them are these:

Drink more water:

Dehydration is perhaps the most common cause of vaper’s tongue, so drink more water to ensure your salivary glands are working properly.

Reduce your caffeine and alcohol:

Alcohol and caffeine are both diuretics which speed up the process of dehydration.

Clean your tongue:

when you brush your teeth, you shouldn’t forget to clean your tongue too. This reduces the amount of damage. |

so do guys have any other ways, if yes do share with all of us!

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
A few Spicy Hot Bloody Mary's for me.
Vaper's tongue gone after those.
Also a can of Red Bull swished around in my mouth works for me also.
Some people may call "Bullshit" but try it!

A few Spicy Hot Bloody Mary's for me.
Vaper's tongue gone after those.
Also a can of Red Bull swished around in my mouth works for me also.
Some people may call "Bullshit" but try it!
Sounds really interesting, I'll try this in the next few days and I'll make sure it works for me.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just switch flavors more often. I usually don't go more than 4 hours vaping the same flavor

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
been vaping the same DIY flavor for a couple of years now with ZERO vapers tongue.
The reason I vape that flavor is that I had issues with most all commercial ejuice. Ranging from vapers tongue to serious irritation of mouth, throat and lungs.
What chemical in commercial ejuice causes it I cannot say...
I do know for certain that it is NOT PG.

Had I not started DIY and found flavorings that caused me no issues I would have trashed vaping, gone back to smoking and been an anti vaper because of the problems it caused me.

I feel that others have this issue to a much lesser degree and it manifests itself as vapers tongue in them.

Disclosure. 5 1/2 year vaper smoke free.

Edit: I forgot to mention that total loss of taste was one of the symptoms of the offending ejuice flavorings.
And that I learned that tingly lips was an indication of a flavoring/juice that would cause me problems if I kept on vaping it.
Once it the symptoms set it it took around 2 days minimum to go away.
Tried a lot of different flavorings and tossed around 80% of them for causing issues.
Strange thing is I could ingest them fine with no issues but vaping them caused issues.
also I have no known allergies. Heck I can even weed eat poison ivy with no problems.

Last edited:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I find switching flavors regularly helps. Keeping hydrated and keeping your nose clear. Everyone mentions brushing the tongue but the tastebuds only taste the generic differences. Sweet, salty, sour. It doesn't tell apple from cherry, that's the nose. Brushing may help having the minty toothpaste inhaled and working around the sinuses. Otherwise people are just abusing their tongues for something it didn't do. Although yea, brushing/scraping the tongue should be part of brushing the teeth anyway just in general.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors