Become a Patron!

Humour Mill - Smile a Day Challenge

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have an elaborate post in the "latest purchase" thread, about where to stash hoarded TP. It started after I walked into the grocery store in March of 2020, with my usual weekly 4-pack on my shopping list, only to find a completely empty toilet paper aisle. I'm unapologetic about hoarding it. I'd rather starve to death than be without TP.

I heard a reassuring joke on a podcast this morning, about the place of toilet paper in the prepper/hoarder scheme of things, in terms of staying ahead of inflation even if there isn't a supply crisis. She called TP "the poor person's treasury bills".

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh man, I almost bought one sort of like that back in the day when I thought I needed to own real estate. It wasn't quite that close to the tracks, but it was the last house on the block next to the tracks. I loved the house, an old beauty with a rose covered arch in front, and a mother-in-law apartment on the side to rent out. The tracks were distanced by a wide grassy shoulder, and behind the tracks was a lush urban forest. A friend of mind told me I'd better sit there and wait for the train to see what it was really like before committing to the house, so I did. Really, really glad I didn't buy it. It felt like the whole street was shaking.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I have an elaborate post in the "latest purchase" thread, about where to stash hoarded TP. It started after I walked into the grocery store in March of 2020, with my usual weekly 4-pack on my shopping list, only to find a completely empty toilet paper aisle. I'm unapologetic about hoarding it. I'd rather starve to death than be without TP.

I heard a reassuring joke on a podcast this morning, about the place of toilet paper in the prepper/hoarder scheme of things, in terms of staying ahead of inflation even if there isn't a supply crisis. She called TP "the poor person's treasury bills".
62f5daa4aab60bac0dcb7a0c3b6ea47b.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors