VU SWAT
VU Patreon
310c628a9b891679cc0a4e8ca4fb24fa.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
True story, happened today:

The hubby and I went into Abilene to meet a guy selling a cedar chest. We got there a bit early for our meet--up, and a bunch of millenials at a church across the street were running a car wash. He decided to get the truck washed.

So, the youngsters sprayed the truck with the hose, and half-assed washed some of the dirt off. We decided their effort was worth all of about $5.00 and not a penny more.

Then one girl tells us that when they get done towel drying the car in front of us (that they ain't started on yet) they could dry his truck. He asked her "do you go out after it rains and towel dry your car?"

We drove off while her mouth was still motionless.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
True story, happened today:

The hubby and I went into Abilene to meet a guy selling a cedar chest. We got there a bit early for our meet--up, and a bunch of millenials at a church across the street were running a car wash. He decided to get the truck washed.

So, the youngsters sprayed the truck with the hose, and half-assed washed some of the dirt off. We decided their effort was worth all of about $5.00 and not a penny more.

Then one girl tells us that when they get done towel drying the car in front of us (that they ain't started on yet) they could dry his truck. He asked her "do you go out after it rains and towel dry your car?"

We drove off while her mouth was still motionless.
Actually, if you're "babying" the paint job on your car, you should blow dry it, with a leaf blower. At least, if you DO towel dry it (I do) you should use a supersoft microfiber for it.
I've learned this, because while it's pretty, my car has shitty delicate paint.
:D

ceramicroof1.jpg

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Actually, if you're "babying" the paint job on your car, you should blow dry it, with a leaf blower. At least, if you DO towel dry it (I do) you should use a supersoft microfiber for it.

View attachment 180522

On a 2003 Chevy pickup truck, we don't worry about babying the paint job, especially since we live out in the country. Even my 2005 Chrysler T&C has enough permanent bug splatters all over the front bumper that even a power washer won't get it clean. We just get the dirt and dust off once in a while.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
On a 2003 Chevy pickup truck, we don't worry about babying the paint job, especially since we live out in the country. Even my 2005 Chrysler T&C has enough permanent bug splatters all over the front bumper that even a power washer won't get it clean. We just get the dirt and dust off once in a while.
On a 2003 Blazer you let the rain wash it..... :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years

View attachment 180522
I towel dry mine but only because our water has so many additives that if you dont you get spot marks on the paint. I spray the dirt off with it from a hose then wash in our tank water. Dont have enough tank water to do the whole thing from start to finish. I still rinse it at the end with tank water in case I missed a spot washing. I once left the tap water to dry on its own yrs ago and my lovely old ford id had done up had spots all over it. :confused:
In Qld though the water was great and it didnt matter.

But the best ever so far bug removal from the front end, we get plagues here and are going through the tail end of a locust plague. Makes you sick the smell and mess after a drive through them. I do have aluminium bug gaurds I made up to protect the radiators.
But removal from the bumpers and rest is simple and fast. You guys probably already know and think "yeah duh!" :giggle:
Spray all the area with windscreen bug spray and leave it for 10 minutes. Come back with your bucket with carwash and they come off ridiculously easy, lots that were before hard to move just wipe off.
I am doing this every week at present. Cant wait for them to die off.

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I towel dry mine but only because our water has so many additives that if you dont you get spot marks on the paint. I spray the dirt off with it from a hose then wash in our tank water. Dont have enough tank water to do the whole thing from start to finish. I still rinse it at the end with tank water in case I missed a spot washing. I once left the tap water to dry on its own yrs ago and my lovely old ford id had done up had spots all over it. :confused:

But the best ever so far bug removal from the front end, we get plagues here and are going through the tail end of a locust plague. Makes you sick the smell and mess after a drive through them. I do have aluminium bug gaurds I made up to protect the radiators.
But removal from the bumpers and rest is simple and fast. You guys probably already know and think "yeah duh!" :giggle:
Spray all the area with windscreen bug spray and leave it for 10 minutes. Come back with your bucket with carwash and they come off ridiculously easy, lots that were before hard to move just wipe off.
A flamethrower might help...and no one will get in your way..... :xD: :xD: :xD: :xD:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
any of the Mad Max vehicles still around ?
The old Aussie muscle cars are becoming a rarity to see now. Have not seen a Ford Interceptor for around 2 yrs. A Kwaka 1000 cant even remember the last time I saw one.
They're all into done up utes where I am, Toyota Hiluxs, Ford Rangers, Navaras. You guys call them pickups. Theyre covered in that much stuff at times its hard to tell what make they even are.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

One might think to put a beardie on the front of my van to eat the bugs. Unfortunately, she has got too damn lazy to get off her perch to go after even the biggest juiciest crickets I can get.

Who said you can't spoil a lizard?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
:) One might think to put a beardie on the front of my van to eat the bugs. Unfortunately, she has got too damn lazy to get off her perch to go after even the biggest juiciest crickets I can get.

Who said you can't spoil a lizard?
Sounds spoilt for sure. Who said lizards are stupid huh!? I think every creature knows when its onto a good thing for sure.

VU Sponsors