MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Bored-from-life-funny-status.jpg

be-like-bill-funny-meme-comic-fb6.png

that-one-friend-that-posts-every-single-moment-of-their-5000934.png

how-did-my-life-get-so-boring-i-want-to-28993771.png

The double trouble for me are these. I do care, perhaps far too much. I also do not care, as in the sense of generally not being attached enough to care. Yes, I know that's a paradox & it might seem one or the other would cancel the opposite out. Can assure in my case that does not happen. I'm seemingly in stasis eternally.

And here's a real fun kicker. I also know that literally about 98% of it for me is physically "in my head". My pituitary gland didn't function from birth. That means I don't often get dopamine highs, or euphoric rushes like most. I do not get "enthused". Then, I also have trouble "rattling". Shake me up but inert I stay. *chuckles*

I have to laugh lest I do sincerely go mad. Any how, here's an existentialist joke. It may need steeping time.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because it was there.

The chicken or the road?

Yes.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Absolutely! Almost spring and are seeing some wicked ones already.
Misses woke me up the other day.
"Ahhhh.....get up theres a huge black evil spider I tried to get and its behind the couch!"
Was probably a big White Tail. Iv been hit by a few and they take months to get over. Mongrel things. A week later there it was near the curtain behind the couch.
Nailed it! 👍
You have White Tails there?
giphy (3).gif

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Absolutely! Almost spring and are seeing some wicked ones already.
Misses woke me up the other day.
"Ahhhh.....get up theres a huge black evil spider I tried to get and its behind the couch!"
Was probably a big White Tail. Iv been hit by a few and they take months to get over. Mongrel things. A week later there it was near the curtain behind the couch.
Nailed it! 👍
You have White Tails there?
View attachment 185624
We get huge water spiders and garden spiders here. Also these Dandy Longlegs sort of spiders. I hate all spiders- I am a pretty brave person until I spot a spider- lol

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
We get huge water spiders and garden spiders here. Also these Dandy Longlegs sort of spiders. I hate all spiders- I am a pretty brave person until I spot a spider- lol
Ha ha....me too until I get up dreaming about catching fish and dancing with our coloured morning birds singing. And then Reality sets in and I see a White Tail or RedBack looking at me then..... Aaaaaaaaaahghgghhhhh ..............
Iv woken up with a White on me twice. Both times bitten from the pain. Both times took months to recover. Pain, itch, drove me mad with red and bruised areas until gone. I hate White Tails!

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ha ha....me too until I get up dreaming about catching fish and dancing with our coloured morning birds singing. And then Reality sets in and I see a White Tail or RedBack looking at me then..... Aaaaaaaaaahghgghhhhh ..............
Iv woken up with a White on me twice. Both times bitten from the pain. Both times took months to recover. Pain, itch, drove me mad with red and bruised areas until gone. I hate White Tails!
The only spider I saw with a "white tail" was a brown widow. The thing had a rear end that looked white, and was round until I stepped on it in my mom's bedroom. They are supposed to be as venomous as a black widow, but much more timid, preferring to flee, rather than attack.

It's still better than the brown recluse. Of course, hubby sees wolf spiders, and thinks they are brown recluse. Oh hell no. Wolf spiders are the size of small tarantulas. He is still scared of them. He has me go smash them.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Funny thing yesterday.
My misses buys me a pair of heavy duty socks, the ones I wear with my boots when fishing.
3 weeks ago I got a pair myself. But could only find one of them when I looked in the sock drawer. I ask her "hey there's only 1 of those new socks, do you know where the other is?"
Her "just 1, its probably in the basket downstairs".
I go look "nope its not there"
She says it'll show up eventually.
A few days later im "hey I still cant find that sock!"
She's "oh for crying out loud look in the cupboard where mine are"
I spend half an hour looking.
"Nope not there either"
Her "its just a sock"
Im "yeah a $13 pair of socks it has to be somewhere!"
She says "well maybe its in a bag of clothes I got ready to give to the op shop, look in that in the spare room"
I spend about half an hour doing that. No sock.
"Maybe its in one of my drawers and I missed it."
So go through them all.
"Nah, I cant find it anywhere"
Her "Seriously! Its just a sock you'll find it eventually! Forget about the sock!"
Im "yeah but it was a good new sock!"
Yesterday she says "here is a present for you, some new socks."
And a dummy for sooking about the other ones.
Yep she gave me socks and a dummy!

20210828_104426_(1).jpg

A little while later she's laughing to herself.
I ask her whats funny?
She says "the socks" keeps laughing and finally squeezes it out.
"The other week I was picking up things to wash and was carrying them, went into the bathroom to get something and your new sock fell in the toilet! I thought yuck im not washing that so threw it in the bin!"
Im "the bin!" Then "ok, so all along you knew where it was, the bin then the tip! My new sock!"
She's in fits "yes!"
Im "so all that time im looking in cupboards, drawers, bags....and your saying Its just a sock it'll turn up...it never was going to was it?"
Her "no (laughing her head off)"
She'll keep. ;)

VU Sponsors