Become a Patron!

I don't Understand "All Day Vape"

vapemesilly

Member For 4 Years
I mean, I know what it is, but I don't get it. I need variety. I have lots of different juices and I rarely vape the same stuff two days in a row. I have several different devices with different juices in all of them.

I'm not knocking anybody but I think I would get bored in a hurry with vaping the same thing all day over and over.

Am I alone in this?:wait:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't really get the need to vape umpteen flavors a day -- I smoked the same brand of cigarettes for 30+ yrs; anytime I had to smoke a different kind, they didn't taste right to me, and it was a huge relief to get back to my VA Slims. Now, my strawberry & cream DIY tastes "right" to me; I can occasionally enjoy a different flavor... for like 3-5 hits. Then I want my strawberry & cream ADV (for nearly 2 yrs) back again.

Andria

FriscoWeather

Member For 4 Years
I don't really get the need to vape umpteen flavors a day -- I smoked the same brand of cigarettes for 30+ yrs; anytime I had to smoke a different kind, they didn't taste right to me, and it was a huge relief to get back to my VA Slims. Now, my strawberry & cream DIY tastes "right" to me; I can occasionally enjoy a different flavor... for like 3-5 hits. Then I want my strawberry & cream ADV (for nearly 2 yrs) back again.

Andria
I'm the same way. I'll take Strawberry Custard all day long. To me, it's hard to vape anything else because it's so darn good.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm the same way. I'll take Strawberry Custard all day long. To me, it's hard to vape anything else because it's so darn good.

Yeah, mine is more like strawberry custard than strawberries & cream, and I have never tasted an ejuice that's better, anywhere, from anyone, at any price. The only time I take a break from it is if I'm sick with a cold or sinus infection or something that messes up my sense of smell; then, it doesn't taste right or smell right, and I vape something different till my sense of smell comes back.

Andria

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I used to keep maybe 4 tanks going at one time, with different flavors, everyday. It got to the point that I was using mainly 2 of those everyday, plus I got tired of maintaining all of them. For over 2 years, I've stuck to those 2, with a random mix thrown in that someone posted, every once in a while.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not knocking anybody but I think I would get bored in a hurry with vaping the same thing all day over and over.

Depends on the person and what they want, or need, from vaping.

I liked a small variety in my pipe tobacs (4-5 varieties), a LOT in my cigars (at least 20) and needed almost none in my RYO cigs. It depends.

I've become lazy just now with my DIY and keep just two recipes going everyday (a complex fruit concoction and a simple tobac). But I'll get a hankering for something from the vaults (or several) every few weeks... and then I may have up to a handful going daily for a week or so.

No real pattern to appreciate or find fault with, so I can't fault anyone else for finding what works for them.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I used to keep maybe 4 tanks going at one time, with different flavors, everyday. It got to the point that I was using mainly 2 of those everyday, plus I got tired of maintaining all of them. For over 2 years, I've stuck to those 2, with a random mix thrown in that someone posted, every once in a while.
I usually keep 3 things in rotation and the rest packed away and rotate attys out every week. Right now i have the freemax starre pure, Azeroth, and Supreme LE going. usually i have at least 1 dripper going as well but I got a lot of new tanks this week i wanted to try out lol

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm with you OP I've got major flavor ADD. I would say about 30 puffs and I'm ready for a new flavor.
I only ever fill my tank about 1/4th of the way and even then I end up dumping some.

Thank god one of my local shops does 5ml bottles. 5 for 15$ I can have all the variety!!
once you start building and getting RDAs you can switch flavors on the fly lol. i can change flavors every 4-5 puffs with no wasted juice

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wait so if I drip I can change all the time?!?! What?!?! That's so much better! Screw tanks!
yeah because the don't really hold any juice you have to keep dripping onto the cotton. you have to buld and wick the coils yourself though and it isn't always convenient lol

NonProphet

Member For 3 Years
yeah because the don't really hold any juice you have to keep dripping onto the cotton. you have to buld and wick the coils yourself though and it isn't always convenient lol
Well I did say I wanted to get into the Hobby-ing side of this stuff guess now I have real incentive.
Work tonight is gonna involve a LOT of YouTube.
Now I'm super excited.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Well I did say I wanted to get into the Hobby-ing side of this stuff guess now I have real incentive.
Work tonight is gonna involve a LOT of YouTube.
Now I'm super excited.
it's fun IMO. i find it relaxing to build while watching TV. I'm gonna due some wicking tutorials because I've heard people complain it's hard to find a good short one. thats on my list probably very soon. maybe tomorrow. building is easy, there are tons of videos. it's good to invest in a cheap tool kit if you plan in doing it and also a decent meter and some ceramic tweezers are a must IMO. a coil jig makes it easy too but you can wrap around a nail or drill bits if you want to

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think most of us started out changing flavors quite a bit, but many settle into a short list of favorite vapes once they're past the novelty. It would be interesting to see how many have ended up vaping unflavored.

NonProphet

Member For 3 Years
it's fun IMO. i find it relaxing to build while watching TV. I'm gonna due some wicking tutorials because I've heard people complain it's hard to find a good short one. thats on my list probably very soon. maybe tomorrow. building is easy, there are tons of videos. it's good to invest in a cheap tool kit if you plan in doing it and also a decent meter and some ceramic tweezers are a must IMO. a coil jig makes it easy too but you can wrap around a nail or drill bits if you want to
Thanks so much you are just super helpful ya know that :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I think most of us started out changing flavors quite a bit, but many settle into a short list of favorite vapes once they're past the novelty.
THAT, plus I had a lot of difficulty finding anything I truly liked. A local guy would customize, so I stuck to that for 6 months, then got into DIY. Old habits die hard, LOL.

GtownGeorge

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I usually do 4 diff flavors during the day. Start off with a coffee flavor, mid-morning switch to a fruity flavor. Mid afternoon a rum, chocolate and coffee that I mix myself. After dinner is brandy. Not saying this is what everyone should do but I sure enjoy it. I am retired so my vaping day is not interrupted by work.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
All I ever required was a good substitute for cigarettes. Vaped Virginia Tobacco flavor for about 4-5 months, but then I discovered Blueberry Muffin -- which I can't have in the house as real food, or I become the Incredible Expanding Woman, so vaping it was great, no calories! But then I discovered DIY and created this strawberry & cream flavor, which is even better than Blueberry Muffin, so I stick with it -- it's still just a substitute for cigarettes, but strawberries taste better than any tobacco ever grown.

I've got probably a dozen flavors in my cabinet that I haven't even tried yet. I figure I'll get there, if I ever really need to. I ain't smoking, and don't even want to, so the battle is won. :)

Andria

FriscoWeather

Member For 4 Years
I think that once you discover that"magic" flavor, you'll understand the whole ADV thing. That one flavor will be so good that nothing else matters. I've been DIYing for a couple of years now and really helped me to not only try different flavors but let me find THE flavor. Plus, I save a shitload of money.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have at least 6 different attys going at all time when I'm home....variety is the spice of vaping.....:wave:

I hear that.

I take a minimum of four with me whenever I leave the house, but prefer six.

I have nine different vapes with nine different juices in front of my right now :p

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I hear that.

I take a minimum of four with me whenever I leave the house, but prefer six.

I have nine different vapes with nine different juices in front of my right now :p
Gotta LOVE it.....:giggle:

FriscoWeather

Member For 4 Years
I have at least 6 different attys going at all time when I'm home....variety is the spice of vaping.....:wave:
The question is; have you found a flavor that is freakin' great?

I think that once you vape "that" flavor, you'll have 5 atty's sitting in a drawer.

When I tried Mother's Milk, I fell in love. That flavor drove me to DIY because it was way too expensive. It took me some time, but I came up with a recipe that was spot on.

Once you find that "so fucking good" flavor, you'll understand what AndriaD and I are talking about. Head over to the ECF DIY TFA thread and you'll find tons of people like AndriaD and me that all have an ADV. It may take some time to find that one great flavor, but when you find it, you'll know.

Dave

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The question is; have you found a flavor that is freakin' great?

I think that once you vape "that" flavor, you'll have 3 atty's sitting in a drawer.

When I tried Mother's Milk, I fell in love. That flavor drove me to DIY because it was way too expensive. It took me some time, but I came up with a recipe that was spot on.

Once you find that "so fucking good" flavor, you'll understand what AndriaD and I are talking about. Head over to the ECF DIY TFA thread and you'll find tons of people like AndriaD and me that all have an ADV. It may take some time to find that one great flavor, but when you find it, you'll know.

Dave

I have four flavors I freaking LOVE but just got into the habit of switching it off a lot - it really helped me quit smoking, big time.

Oh, and I DIY almost exclusively.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
See, it wouldn't have worked for me, for quitting smoking, because I had to find a flavor I was just as comfortable with, as I was with VA Slims for 30+ yrs. It's just not the same as eating; sure, I love variety in food, but for my comfortable, automatic habit, I want SAMENESS, comfort, which I can depend on. If it's always different, then it's not serving that need.

Andria

McAnythingReally

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When I first started to Vape I didnt believe I would have an ADV that I primarily stuck with. I was very flavor ADD at first, because I kept getting vapers tongue really quick, and I also didn't know what I really liked. A few months back I stumbled on a Marshmallow Man clone, and that has since become my ADV. I generally use that for the bulk of the day, and may vape one or two different flavors for 3-5 puffs each at night before going back to my ADV. At first there are so many options and you want to try them all, but after a while you start to find that, much like smoking, there is one that is just right all the time for you. Some people will forever have the Flavor ADD, but I think the majority over the course of the first year dial in on what they really like, and are able to find a go-to flavor, if not an ADV.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Even those of you with "flavor ADD"... don't you have a favorite brand of coffee or soda, which is your everyday staple? Did you smoke a different brand of cigarettes with every pack you bought? I drink Twinings English Breakfast Tea every morning. Sure, their Irish Breakfast Tea is pretty good, and every once in a while I might drink some Earl Grey, and I do enjoy decaf Constant Comment with honey sometimes at night... but in the morning, it's GOTTA BE Twinings English Breakfast Tea, or the day just doesn't start.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mean, I know what it is, but I don't get it. I need variety. I have lots of different juices and I rarely vape the same stuff two days in a row. I have several different devices with different juices in all of them.

I smoked pretty much the same cigarettes for 40+ years.....
Maybe you just have not found the correct juice for you yet?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two staples but order different stuff all the time to vape at home. However, when I go out, it's usually two flavors from the same company. Considering the glut of brands, It's amazing how little juice there is worth rebuying

vapemesilly

Member For 4 Years
I smoked pretty much the same cigarettes for 40+ years.....
Maybe you just have not found the correct juice for you yet?

Yeah, I smoked the same brand forever, too. It's not the same. There is so much vape juice out there, so many flavors. I have come across quite a few that I really, really, really like. Just vape one of them? Or two? Nope. I'm going to enjoy them all.

McAnythingReally

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I smoked the same brand forever, too. It's not the same. There is so much vape juice out there, so many flavors. I have come across quite a few that I really, really, really like. Just vape one of them? Or two? Nope. I'm going to enjoy them all.
And that right there is the beauty of vaping, it all comes down to what you prefer at the end of the day. There is no right or wrong way to do things, Some of us like to continuously change flavor, and vape various flavors throughout the day, others have found a juice that just gets it done for them, and they stick by what they know and like.

I personally am incredibly picky when it comes to my juice, and I only like a small handful of premium juices to begin with, so for me, it was only natural that I found the one that works for me all day, and can keep me satisfied.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Head over to the ECF DIY
shake_80_anim_gif.gif

All kidding aside, that was where it started for me, too, but in a thread dedicated to FA, but then we moved here and it grew like wildfire. And I completely agree with finding "the One". Once I got that, I haven't put it down. It goes everywhere with me. Like pizza. I could eat pizza every single day.

As was said, there's no right, or wrong way with what you prefer with vaping. Luckily, there's something for everyone.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have to say, that TFA thread at ECF is where and how I learned to mix, and why I'm not afraid to use up to 30% flavor, if I want to taste a mix RIGHT NOW as opposed to 3 days or 3 wks from now. Not all my ejuices need that much, even when I first started and still had mostly-dead tastebuds, but I don't have a problem with going that high on flavoring. It's a damn sight better than smoking!

Andria

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I love cinnamon bun - cake flavors as well as donuts - strawberry creamy n custards
Love blueberry vapes (SOME) cotton candy (blueberry cotton candy is good lol)
Sometimes I enjoy menthol (naked)
Love THE CRUNCH omg so good
Love lemon pound -
And breakfast (cereal) vapes
I love so many diff flavors it's unreal
I shop at brads vapors and giant vapes as well as black axis and other shops!
I'm liking ethos vapes and the whatever it's called w the American flag in front - a hot mess and honey bunz all that too!
I am a fanatic lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't care anymore for tobacco juice BUT if I was to vape tobacco flavor It has to be menthol lol
Mount baker extreme ice and menthol USA is how this girl quit
I have not found a banana vape ?
Maybe cause I eat bananas lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor

Nope, you're not alone. I'm a flavor-crazed mixing maniac. :cheers:

vapinange23

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm with you OP I've got major flavor ADD. I would say about 30 puffs and I'm ready for a new flavor.
I only ever fill my tank about 1/4th of the way and even then I end up dumping some.

Thank god one of my local shops does 5ml bottles. 5 for 15$ I can have all the variety!!
I wish I could find something like that around me cause I would have more options to try new flavors more!

Sent from my ALCATEL 4015T using Tapatalk

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
I have an ADV...But I have the habit to vape it constantly till I grow tired of it. Then I won't touch it for a very long time.
BUT I usually try to keep 10 flavors per day in rotation :cool:

My ADV as of late, has been Slotter Pop OGB.

O - Orange
G - Green Apple
B - Blue Raspberry

It's a very nice, flavorful juice.. 70/30 vg/pg. I like it quite a bit. I can use other juices, but after about 10 hits, I find myself coming back to the OGB.

2nd choice ADV? Friggin Fruits Blueberry Blast.
The best blueberry juice I've taste.

There you have it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I went crazy trying different flavors when I started vaping. Even bought Beer flavored liquid (BLEGH LOL), then 20 different flavors for DIY including licorice, root beer, others... I now just swap between two things, a really sweet caramel or the like, and a strong fruit with higher nicotine when I want a punch in the throat like my old cheap red cigarettes used to do (without a sore throat the next day!)

If I had money to buy already made liquids, I would probably swap flavors more, but I made a vow to control my Shinyitis and keep it simple

VU Sponsors