I Hate Old People

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
and..I didn`t mean to keep my butt shaved..lol..I meant my face hairs...and kind of a challenge anymore to keep the EAR HAIRS trimmed..
whats up with that..more freakin` hair growing out of my ears these days...??
That's to make up for the hair not growing on the top of our heads... It has to go somewhere...

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So you're still straddling the fence...Gotcha.
Well, if its any consolation, I find it hard to relate to the vast majority of my peers. My own parents know more about how to use a smartphone than me, I've never had a facebook, my understanding of today's youth culture is very limited, I dress like a normal person, and I have little patience for what most people my age have to say or what they're into... ...especially can't stand working with them - they're mostly clueless, spineless, skill-less, passionless, lazy, whiny good-for-nothings. Most can't even do basic mental math and can't communicate with people to save their lives.

They have no awareness of the world around them, but claim to know it well enough to have a higher purpose... ...one that supersedes the needs of others or even their own basic needs. No sense of direction and every delusion of having one. And somehow they would have you believe that it isn't their own damned faults that they can't get by when everything has practically been handed to them... ...that everyone else is just naive and ignorant. They're fuckin adults with no sense at all. I get the impression that a lot of them don't even want to contribute to society. They pick something up, get bored, and put it down 10 minutes later. After that, they pat themselves on the back for trying. Guess it just wasn't for them. This is how they live their lives.

So I get where you old fucks are coming from, but I want my generation to be better than that... ...or at least want to want to be better than that... ...to at least make an honest attempt at grasping agency and self-actualization. I want to be able to believe that they'll be able to figure their shit out one way or another. The potential is there. We just gotta pick up the ball. Too many people my age reject the game entirely and that is truly saddening to me. It's fucking pitiful, how willing some of my peers are to crawl into their own little corners.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, if its any consolation, I find it hard to relate to the vast majority of my peers. My own parents know more about how to use a smartphone than me, I've never had a facebook, my understanding of today's youth culture is very limited, I dress like a normal person, and I have little patience for what most people my age have to say or what they're into... ...especially can't stand working with them - they're mostly clueless, spineless, skill-less, passionless, lazy, whiny good-for-nothings. Most can't even do basic mental math and can't communicate with people to save their lives.

They have no awareness of the world around them, but claim to know it well enough to have a higher purpose... ...one that supersedes the needs of others or even their own basic needs. No sense of direction and every delusion of having one. And somehow they would have you believe that it isn't their own damned faults that they can't get by when everything has practically been handed to them... ...that everyone else is just naive and ignorant. They're fuckin adults with no sense at all. I get the impression that a lot of them don't even want to contribute to society. They pick something up, get bored, and put it down 10 minutes later. After that, they pat themselves on the back for trying. Guess it just wasn't for them. This is how they live their lives.

So I get where you old fucks are coming from, but I want my generation to be better than that... ...or at least want to want to be better than that... ...to at least make an honest attempt at grasping agency and self-actualization. I want to be able to believe that they'll be able to figure their shit out one way or another. The potential is there. We just gotta pick up the ball. Too many people my age reject the game entirely and that is truly saddening to me. It's fucking pitiful, how willing some of my peers are to crawl into their own little corners.
Whoa deep thoughts there...My singular problem with the younger generation is they all forget something.
1c0baedb9fa9dc7d2f64a5a7ccfe5920.jpg

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whoa deep thoughts there...My singular problem with the younger generation is they all forget something.
1c0baedb9fa9dc7d2f64a5a7ccfe5920.jpg
Haha, you and me both man. The only difference is that I pretty much have to call some of them my friends! Naw but really, they aren't all like that. There are some pretty okay people my age out there with plenty of work-ethic and a genuine thirst for learning... ...there just aren't many who realize what they have or how lucky they are to be able to explore it so freely. I think they all have it - they just don't know what to do with it when it falls into their laps. Some live and grow faster than others. Perhaps we develop more slowly now because life is easier... ...because the option is there. People live longer, and thus life happens more slowly. The unfortunate byproduct of this is that we tend to get lazy. I know I have been. Now, I'm playing catch-up. People say "Nah, you've got plenty of time." I'm not buying it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Could someone please hire this guy for graduation speeches??

Dude. If I had a son or daughter, I'd want her to know someone like you.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Old folk you don't need 1.3 billion dollars

VAPE ON
Sure we do you're a nurse and know how high the cost of even a quick doctor visit can add up.
Yearly colon check = $500
Turn your head and cough = another $150
Yearly eye check = $300

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I did WALGREENS, fuck drive thru

VAPE ON
Yeah, never had to deal with those and wouldn't want to. I did retail for 15 years, then a central fill facility for 3 years. That place was super busy, no time to be bored. Most recently, hospital. Blech.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, never had to deal with those and wouldn't want to. I did retail for 15 years, then a central fill facility for 3 years. That place was super busy, no time to be bored. Most recently, hospital. Blech.
Yeah fill facility is non stop, but I like dealing with people. Counting meds, mixing fluids is super stupid, I got stiff neck looking down.. It's a good career though

VAPE ON

VU Sponsors