Become a Patron!

I think I broke my subox nano

So, I recently got a Kangertech subox nano, after doing some research on it. I've had it for a few weeks and it's worked fine, I've dropped it a couple times and there were no problems. But today I I dropped it on a tile floor and afterwards it wasn't producing vapor whatsoever, I'd get the flavor but nothing else. And the little screen showed 0.0 Volts and the ohms just flashed when I pressed the button. Do I have to buy a new one or is it possible to fix this one? Any help is appreciated!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Try a new coil... see what that does. Also, check your battery and be sure you didn't damage it.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
check the bottom and top of the battery . it may be dented and unusable .

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might want to also check the top battery pin. Mine was dropped and the pin was pushed in rendering the mod nonfunctional. It's possible that its not fully protruding and not making a proper connection. If that is the case, you can take something like a dull razor (that is what I used) to pop it back out. Whiskey and James also gave good advice on the coil and battery. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

RBVapes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So, I recently got a Kangertech subox nano, after doing some research on it. I've had it for a few weeks and it's worked fine, I've dropped it a couple times and there were no problems. But today I I dropped it on a tile floor and afterwards it wasn't producing vapor whatsoever, I'd get the flavor but nothing else. And the little screen showed 0.0 Volts and the ohms just flashed when I pressed the button. Do I have to buy a new one or is it possible to fix this one? Any help is appreciated!

The fact that you have a screen readout tells me all is likely well with the battery and the connection to it. I'd focus on the tank and perhaps the 510 connector on the sub nano itself. First thing to do is, if you have another tank, try that. If that works, your Subox is OK. Next step would be as already suggested, check the coil. Remove the bottom of the tank and make sure the coil is still tight and if that doesn't work, swap out the coil.

You might want to also check the top battery pin. Mine was dropped and the pin was pushed in rendering the mod nonfunctional. It's possible that its not fully protruding and not making a proper connection. If that is the case, you can take something like a dull razor (that is what I used) to pop it back out. Whiskey and James also gave good advice on the coil and battery. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
I did all I could. I tried a new coil, new battery, checked the pin, new tank. I took it completely apart and nothing looked wrong on the inside. (although I am not an engineer.) Guess I'm in the market for a new mod now. Thanks for all the help though! Much appreciated!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I did all I could. I tried a new coil, new battery, checked the pin, new tank. I took it completely apart and nothing looked wrong on the inside. (although I am not an engineer.) Guess I'm in the market for a new mod now. Thanks for all the help though! Much appreciated!
Sorry it couldn't be fixed for ya. :(

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dang that sucks, sorry to hear that... If you are looking for a new mod, can I suggest the Evic VTC mini? It's got everything you will ever need in mod, it's simple to operate and is inexpensive.

James

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Does FT sell the chipset board for those still ?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Moving to Regulated Mods subforum, just in case someone else finds this and can solve the problem...

When you dropped it, did it leak at all? I have had the same problem with my topbox nano from my subvod and my girlfriends topbox nano from her subox kit, as well as a subtank mini. I overfilled one, it leaked, didnt work. I replaced it and bought a new one as i thought it had just broke. Another one wasnt sealed properly, leaked, didnt work anymore so i returned it to the company for a new one as i had just purchased it the same day, i figured it had just broken again and i was unlucky. The last one, i dropped it, it leaked, and like all the rest of them it stopped working with the same problem you are describing, the resistance will not read on anything although everything seems to be in working condition i.e. 510 pin, coil, chimney, glass..... not until the last one did i notice the pattern of it leaking then not working properly. To solve the problem, i covered the driptip to seal the air in with my finger and blew air with my mouth into one of the airflow control holes as to come out the other side to get excess leakage out from the bottom near the 510. It worked for a few minutes (5 maybe) after that then stopped again. I then used a hairdryer in the same way, it worked even longer this time (10 minutes) then stopped working again. To finally solve the problem i had to take the whole tank apart, AFC ring and all to wipe the liquid from the base where the 510 pin makes contact with your coil. Be careful as taking the AFC ring off is tricky, theres youtube videos for disassembly of subtanks

Dang that sucks, sorry to hear that... If you are looking for a new mod, can I suggest the Evic VTC mini? It's got everything you will ever need in mod, it's simple to operate and is inexpensive.
That's what I got! Think I got it a couple weeks ago and I've been very pleased with it so far!

VU Sponsors