Become a Patron!

Ipv xyanide mod best battery?

Hello guys, i recently bought an e-cig from a friend with an Ipv xyanide mod, i don't know exactly what kind of battery did i get from him, i just know that it's Sony brand and it's size is 18650, but the battery dies pretty fast considering i'm a hardcore vaper and i vape like 24/7. I use aspire cleito 120 tank.
I usually run it on 100-110W standard.

So my question is, what is the best choice of replacement battery if i would like to prolong the duration my e-cig lasts functioning? Thanks for your answers in advance.

Last edited:

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Need to buy more than one battery. Or look into a dual or triple battery mod if you want all day vaping at watts. But Sony vtc5a are about the best 18650 for your money. I vape at around 50 watts with a single battery mod and have to change it by 2 in the afternoon at work.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah agree with above. Have extras on hand. If you like the mod then yeah thats what you need to do.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah agree with above. Have extras on hand. If you like the mod then yeah thats what you need to do.
I usually take 4 with me to work. Don't need 4 but if my car breaks down last thing I want to be is vapeless

Thanks for the answer guys, i bought 2 Sony batteries, 18650 size, 3000 mAH and 20A. Hope these will work out. I think it's called Sony VTC6. My only concern is that these batteries has only 20A and i vape at 100-110W. I hope they can handle it.

PS: This is a dual battery mod.

Last edited:

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Your mod will regulate the battery discharge. You are good and those are good bats. 3000 mah is about the best you will do. Good choice, get some wraps and insulators to keep on hand. Charge externally and they should perform well. Not falimilar with the mod but I have an IPV 8 dual batt and at 80 watts of nearly chain vape last ME all day. I am currently using Golisi S26's as I won them with a 4 bay charger. They are 3000 mah and are working very well. Oh and a solid 20 amp bat. maybe higher, but solid 20 amp.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oops 2600 mah and 25 amp.But they perform excellently.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the answer guys, i bought 2 Sony batteries, 18650 size, 3000 mAH and 20A. Hope these will work out. I think it's called Sony VTC6. My only concern is that these batteries has only 20A and i vape at 100-110W. I hope they can handle it.

PS: This is a dual battery mod.
For a dual battery mod at that wattage VTC6A's should be fine.

Oops 2600 mah and 25 amp.But they perform excellently.

Thanks for the fast replies guys ! I really appreciate it ! Changing wraps and insulators are beyond my knowledge i think ^^" I am relatively new to vaping. But i do charge externally. I also found out my current batteries are Sony VTC5a. 2600mAH and 35amps

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks for the fast replies guys ! I really appreciate it ! Changing wraps and insulators are beyond my knowledge i think ^^" I am relatively new to vaping. But i do charge externally. I also found out my current batteries are Sony VTC5a. 2600mAH and 35amps
Vct5a's are excellent but there is no 35amp 18650 currently available on the market. Vct5a's are a solid 25amp battery. So you are misinformed or they are being misrepresented. The highest cdr fir a 18659 is 30 amp. Sony s20? Can not remember. I am shot out. When in doubt refer to battery mooch and you will never be steered wrong. Disregard pulse ratings as they are posted to sell bateries.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those are actually better for higher wattage vaping than you listed in a dual cell mod.
The VTC6A's are around 20 amps and the VTC5A's are around 25 amp cells.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Those are actually better for higher wattage vaping than you listed in a dual cell mod.
The VTC6A's are around 20 amps and the VTC5A's are around 25 amp cells.
I concur especially in a mech. They are the only batteries I trust in my Cricket. But if you could re-enforce the 35 amp 18650 thing for the newer dude it would give me some credibility. I do not want anyone to be misinformed. As you are a solid member of our community it would mean more comming from you. If I am wrong please correct me. Thank you.

I concur especially in a mech. They are the only batteries I trust in my Cricket. But if you could re-enforce the 35 amp 18650 thing for the newer dude it would give me some credibility. I do not want anyone to be misinformed. As you are a solid member of our community it would mean more comming from you. If I am wrong please correct me. Thank you.

This is the site i ordered the battery from

https://www.18650-akku.hu/sony-vtc5a-sony-us18650vtc5a

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ohh I agree there are no 18650 35A cells.
And there are no 3000 mah cells over 20 amp.
30 amp cells are typically 2500 mah or less.
25R's are 20 amp cells but handle some abuse well and have more voltage sag under high load than a VTC5A.

I have not researched the
Sony S cells.
Nor do I keep up with the Galosi(sp?) cells.

I currently use only VTC5A, 25R and 30Q cells.
And vape at 40W or less.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last edited:
Mooch is our friend. He tests our batteries and provides accurate information on them. Vct5a is a great battery and you use a regulated mod so no issues. But that website is misrepresenting it. Not a issue for you but could be a problem for a new mech user.

Alright got it. Thanks for clearing up things. This battery dies pretty fast cause im in a chimney mode studying for exams all day. My vct6 arrived today so i will try that as well. Vct5a dies in 4 hours or so and charges up in the same amount of time. Long story short; if i buy another pair of spare batteries, should i go for vct5a or vct6?

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ohh I agree there are no 18650 35A cells.
And there are no 3000 mah cells over 20 amp.
30 amp cells are typically 2500 mah or less.
25R's are 20 amp cells but handle some abuse well and have more voltage sag under high load than a VTC5A.

I have not researched the
Sony S cells.
Nor do I keep up with the Galosi(sp?) cells.

I currently use only VTC5A, 25R and 30Q cells.
And vape at 40W or less.
The Golisi batteries seem pretty okay. Mooch seems to like them as They are not misrepresented. I use them in a regulated mod personally. My 18650 mechs are vct5a's or 25r's though. Only one exeption is my Pulse, Ijoy 20700.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Golisi batteries seem pretty okay. Mooch seems to like them as They are not misrepresented. I use them in a regulated mod personally. My 18650 mechs are vct5a's or 25r's though. Only one exeption is my Pulse, Ijoy 20700.
Just never tried the Golosi cells.
I hear that they seem ok but am satisfied with the cells that I use.
And just see no reason to try different ones.
Enjoy your vape.

So guys after trying out VTC6 i can definitely say, that the battery life with my mod / coil definitely went to twice as much. How is this possible considering VTC5a-s are stronger ones? Can anyone explain?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VTC5A has less Mah capacity than a VTC6.
VTC5A will hit harder but the 6 will last longer are reasonable currents.

VTC5A has less Mah capacity than a VTC6.
VTC5A will hit harder but the 6 will last longer are reasonable currents.

Thanks for the reply, and for all the help. I think i will stick with the VTC6 for this dual mod, i was totally satisfied with the "kick" it provided me on 100W.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the reply, and for all the help. I think i will stick with the VTC6 for this dual mod, i was totally satisfied with the "kick" it provided me on 100W.
In a dual cell regulated mod no kick difference will be noted just longer run time with the VTC6 at 100W.

VU Sponsors