Become a Patron!

IPV5 or RX200.. Or wait for the RX200S?

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For me the IPV5 has been more consistent to work with SS TC than the RX200 but only with RBA's. First noticed it with my Wotofo Ice Cube and 0.25 ohm SS build, on the RX200 it worked initially great for a little while then reverted back to power mode. I thought maybe I had hit the wrong button or something but put it back into TC SS and it worked for a tankful then went back again. I checked my build and it was fine then I put it on my eVic Mini and it worked fine there, worked fine on my VF Stout as well as the IPV5 were it stayed as it just fired better anyway.

The odd thing about the IPV5 is the SS is 304 instead of 316 like every other mod. Still works fine with my 316 builds though, I just drop the temp by 40 degrees from were I normally set it and it works the same for me. It does have a TCR setting as well but I am more of a set and go kind of guy, fiddling with it beyond normal settings doesn't interest me much.

I am wondering if the problems I have with the RX200 is due to the 510 not making a good connection with the Ice Cube and another RBA I have. The SS TC works great on it with every sub tank I have tried with it, just not so great with RBA's.

I have a RX200S on pre-order, the screen and improved screen got to me..........OK, I really just wanted the DNA200 color scheme, I miss my DNA200 mainly because of that :p

rueric

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello All!

Thank you everyone for your helpful words.
Would anyone know of a reputable retailer still selling the Boreas?
I've been looking at a few of the shops I've seen (and known to be US based, I want this quickly).

I've tried 101vape, vapenw, and a few more but they don't seem to be carrying them now.
I see one now from 3fvape but i wanted to try and see if A) They were authentic and B) is that the cheapest I can get it for? C) Are they US based so I don't have to wait 3 weeks for it.

Thank you!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered, thank you!
I just saw this, if I would have seen it earlier I would have mentioned there is a coupon code for 10% off. I don't know it off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure it's in this thread:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/the-boreas-rta-by-augvape-and-roxy.216456/
It might not be too late if you contact them and mention you forgot to input the code, if it matters to you.

Cheers,
Steve

Edit I looked up the discount code for you, it is: TENOFF

Last edited:

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It sounded like the OP pre-ordered, so I assume it is the "s" version. Supposedly it has an improved 510. So there may not be a problem with the TFV4.
I had no idea at all about this version. I am happy with the RX I got last month, but wish I waited for this S version.

I much prefer the screen, and also hopefully it has a better 510 connection. Although-I have had no issues with the VTC mini or Cuboid, and I have had them a while, and did not know there was an issue till this thread.

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The RX200S gets my vote. I've read that they managed to fix the 510 pin issues people were having along with the crappy paint job.

I have the RX200 and so far the 510 pin or the paint seems to be good for me. Maybe that's because I don't use tanks with long 510 pins or the fact that my mod stays in a sleeve all its life.

VU Sponsors