Become a Patron!

Is salt nicotine stronger than regular nicotine?

vape4ever.com

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nicotine salts are have more nicotine in them, allowing them more closely compare to a cigarette. Because MTL devices have a less intense hit, these higher concentrated e juices are perfect and won't be too harsh.
preview

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
To answer the question in the title, NO. Salt nicotine is NOT stronger then regular nicotine. If you have 24mg salt nicotine and 24mg regular nicotine; they are the same. Nicotine salt has a lower PH making it more acidic and thus it has less throat hit due to its lower alkalinity. Having said all that freebase nicotine (regular) and nicotine salts should basically be treated the same. If you vape 10 mg freebase then you should vape 10mg nic salt, one isn’t magically stronger than the other.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Nicotine salts are have more nicotine in them, allowing them more closely compare to a cigarette. Because MTL devices have a less intense hit, these higher concentrated e juices are perfect and won't be too harsh.
preview

WHAT?

No, they do NOT have "more nicotine" in them.

50 mg is 50 mg, regardless of whether it's salts or freebase. 6 mg is 6 mg.

Low or high can be salts or freebase. Amount of nicotine is the same if the "mg" is the same.

Salts are chemically altered to be absorbed faster, and that is the difference in the way it feels to vape salts as opposed to freebase.

vape4ever.com

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To answer the question in the title, NO. Salt nicotine is NOT stronger then regular nicotine. If you have 24mg salt nicotine and 24mg regular nicotine; they are the same. Nicotine salt has a lower PH making it more acidic and thus it has less throat hit due to its lower alkalinity. Having said all that freebase nicotine (regular) and nicotine salts should basically be treated the same. If you vape 10 mg freebase then you should vape 10mg nic salt, one isn’t magically stronger than the other.
Yes, if it is the same nicotine content, your analysis is correct, maybe my expression is wrong, in fact, I mean, the nicotine content of nicotine salt e-liquid will be higher than regular nicotine e-liquid, vaper in the store can't find the same nicoitne content e-liquid, so It is impossible to compare two nicotine e-liquids with the same content, so when using the same equipment to compare two nicotine e-liquids in the store, the taste of nicotine salt is stronger.:D:D

vape4ever.com

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
WHAT?

No, they do NOT have "more nicotine" in them.

50 mg is 50 mg, regardless of whether it's salts or freebase. 6 mg is 6 mg.

Low or high can be salts or freebase. Amount of nicotine is the same if the "mg" is the same.

Salts are chemically altered to be absorbed faster, and that is the difference in the way it feels to vape salts as opposed to freebase.
It's just that compared to regular nicotine e-liquid, nicotine salt e-liquid is higher in nicotine.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No the nicotine is the same. They just don't make 50mg freebase nicotine because your throat would be on fire. Even a 50mg nic salt is rough on your throat. Salt nic is Not higher in nicotine. They just make it at a higher level because of less throat hit.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
No the nicotine is the same. They just don't make 50mg freebase nicotine because your throat would be on fire. Even a 50mg nic salt is rough on your throat. Salt nic is Not higher in nicotine. They just make it at a higher level because of less throat hit.

....and increased potential for serious addiction, and popular with kids (the largest source of disposable income in the country) who abuse it as an intoxicant.....

Nic salts are the worst thing that ever happened to vaping, in my opinion. They'll be the death of the industry.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I got on the Salt nic train for a little bit. But realized I get the same fix with a 12mg freebase in my pods. Salts gave me a sore throat

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
The OP doesn’t seem to get it, seems like a language barrier. I use nicotine salts for the last year or so. I switched just because I read it was more stable so I equated that to lasting longer so I could buy on sale and store in the freezer. I haven’t noticed any difference in taste or potency but that may just be me.

VU Sponsors