Become a Patron!

Drum71

I apologize for not being normal!
VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, thanks to everyone that provided me with information and also apologize for not listening. I get flustered, I can't pay attention well.
I'll type an update soon but my new view of vaping isn't having a positive effect on me. My first thought was to self-rebel, but like that would do any good.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, thanks to everyone that provided me with information and also apologize for not listening. I get flustered, I can't pay attention well.
I'll type an update soon but my new view of vaping isn't having a positive effect on me. My first thought was to self-rebel, but like that would do any good.

Try not too get worked up over this place. They gaslight victims of vape manufacturer fraud to the point that you feel like a Bernie Sanders supporter at Hillary's 2016 nomination convention. David Brock of Correct The Record would blush at this place.

You should check out my Smok thread in the "You Mad Bro" forum especially since you are suffering from mood disorders. That is how low these people will go to shill for manufacturers that not only make bogus claims about TC performance but don't honor their warranties either.

They even admit to being soft shills since that makes them a "lesser of two evils" over the hards shills that ECF are.

This forum is a business not a consumer advocacy group. It's not in the owner's interest to bash advertisers.
In other words, it is a shill site?
Yes PG. We are all mindless robotic shills here.

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've been vaping for 2 or 3 years and I do "temp control" by lowering my wattage or letting go of the fire button
I've been vaping for less than a year and I adjust not only my wattage, but also my air holes of my RDA as well as the strength of my draw. Works for me every time.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They gaslight victims of vape manufacturer fraud to the point that you feel like a Bernie Sanders supporter at Hillary's 2016 nomination convention. David Brock of Correct The Record would blush at this place.
...And then they actually even celebrate the gaslight by drinking more champagne and making Chuck Norris jokes.

MC5

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think getting a friend anything more than a simple vape is a mistake.

Vaping requires some dedication, education and fiddling to succeed and unless a smoker is willing to put in some effort it will fail for them.

One can spend a lot of money and take the time to teach a friend, but if that friend isn't serious about cutting down/quitting cigarettes, it is pointless.

If that friend is serious about it, they will be able to cut down/quit with a simple vape. Anything else is an excuse IMO.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry for off topic but gotta say -

Nobody said You have to let off the fire button! Me, I can't use any wire besides Kanthal because of some allergy/reaction nickel gives me, and stainless steel has given me consistent yucky taste, even after intensely careful coil building. So me, I let off fire button, for you, dial in and enjoy or whatever!
With Kanthal, I let off the fire button too. But I also found that this technique works best if used in conjunction with additional multiple techniques, one of which is to decrease the length and or increase the inner diameter of the coils I build. Another important one is to use─in wattage mode─the power curves feature (Preheat Type = 'curve') in ArcticFox firmware... that is, after editing the curve by using the accompanying NToolbox software (left column is the time, in seconds... right column is the power output, in percent, i.e. always relative to the wattage setting on the mod in wattage mode so IMHO it can't get much easier, more convenient than this, as it takes less time and effort to dial it in than TC does, and you have to dial it in only once, and in fact you can actually even copy it to any other mod that has ArcticFox running on it as well, so...).

power curve.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@Drum71 No one started attacking you before you started with your nasty abusive comments. Get a sense of humor or stay off the Internet.

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This forum maybe a business model for the owner @VaporJoe and @TygerTyger but if you can not tell already this thread is the biggest example of what this forum is about ready free speech. First think like real life office space you don't like someone ignore them. here there is a feature for that on the user name... click ignore and you will never see comments from them again. Second if you ask for others viewpoints expect some to not agree with you. third always remain calm and separated from the issue at hand and you will see that it was selection error that cause the issue.

When researching a kit to buy always look at the coils first both the ones that it comes with and the ones you can buy. as you should know Kanthal is not a TC coil. Stainless is but only with a proper working mod for it. my suggestion would be separate mod and tank rather than a kit.
find a mod that is easy to use with or without third part firmware that supports the wide array of coils. Then find a tank in the capacity you are after with the coils you want. finally juice ratio also plays a key into flavor and vapour output. i then to stick with 30/70 or 20/80 my self PG/VG. Nic strength being the last item that is tailored to your current needs personally im at 0 but can still use 3.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Good luck to you, keep vapin'! My mom is still convinced that 6mg nicotine liquids "burn her skin" but really she is just convinced she'll never quit smoking :( My next hope for her is the IQOS

Anyway the internet is full of both helpful folks and jerks, just filter the good from the bad

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
dont-believe-everything-you-see-on-the-internet.jpeg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think getting a friend anything more than a simple vape is a mistake.

Vaping requires some dedication, education and fiddling to succeed and unless a smoker is willing to put in some effort it will fail for them.

One can spend a lot of money and take the time to teach a friend, but if that friend isn't serious about cutting down/quitting cigarettes, it is pointless.

If that friend is serious about it, they will be able to cut down/quit with a simple vape. Anything else is an excuse IMO.

I agree completely -- for me to get all the way down to 1 cigarette a day, I used a cigalike -- eRoll -- and on the first day I didn't smoke at all, I got a "pen-style" vape with a bottom-coil clearo -- not quite all the way down to the basic "Ego" level, since it was a variable wattage iTaste vv3, but only a bit more advanced than that (because my major dissatisfaction with the eRoll was how the vape quality declined with each succeeding hit). However this isn't a very popular opinion with those who insist they need massive whipped-cream clouds in order to abstain from smoking (which produces very thin "clouds").

I really wasn't interested in quitting at all, but once I saw what a great substitute it was, I realized I'd be a damn fool to pass up such a great opportunity. I won't say you absolutely have to want to quit smoking -- because I didn't, not at all -- but you do need to be interested in becoming a non-smoker. But if quitting had been anyone's idea but my own, I'd have cheerfully flipped them off and lit up another butt. The $40 investment I made in my eRoll, and another $40 for the vv3, was enough motivation for my tightwad soul to encourage me to stick it out and work out the problems -- people who havent' even invested money in something won't be much inclined to invest the time and perseverance to stick it out when the going gets tough.

Andria

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I’m starting this thread because, yet again, searches for a topic on VU have turned up empty. Either the search engine is horrible, it isn’t at all user-friendly or, for some bizarre reason it just won’t work on my $1500 laptop.

First off, I’d like to begin this topic by referring to the Element Vape thread on VU:
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/element-vape.109767/page-2#post-1954471

From there on, you can read of my recent experience with a vaping vendor (Element Vape) and a manufacturer (Eleaf).
Basically, I ordered a Temperature Control mod “kit” to test it for two friends that I want to help quit smoking. If I liked it, I was going to order 2 more “kits” for them.

Now, I had seemingly two choices...
1) Purchase a TC mod and search for a compatible TC tank that, hopefully, works well with the mod I’m purchasing.
2) Purchase a kit with a tank and mod that is manufactured and paired together, by the same company. (I suspected this option to be the least expensive)

Well, being I’ve only been vaping since September 1st, 2017 (not an “expert vaper”) and I’ve ordered 2 kits in the past from another company with no issues, the “kit” was the obvious choice. However, this time would be different.
(I’ll get to why I’m quoting “kits” in a minute)

The first 2 TC kits I ordered from Halocigs.com were just that, KITS. They both came with TC coils AND a compatible tank so I could take full advantage of the functionality of the mod that comes with it. Made sense to me so, I went ahead and threw in some extra coils and additional tank with the purchase. I have yet to have ANY problems with either mod, it’s tanks or coils. The tank capacity is too small for my liking but the flavor is better than my Smok TFV12 tanks.
The only reasons I didn’t order these TC starter kits was because I wanted my friends to have a larger ejuice capacity and to be able to vape higher than 80 watts.

After doing some digging through “the top kits” and searching for issues with them, I settled on the Eleaf iKONN 220 TC starter “kit” with the ELLO Sub Ohm tank because I wasn’t able to find any negative feedback or one bad review on it. WELL, HERE’S THE FIRST ONE!

I got my “kit” from Element and right away noticed the mod kept kicking back to wattage mode from Temperature Control, no matter what I did. I had gotten a defective Wismec from Element with the same issue and since the tank and coils came in the “kit” and, I wasn’t exceeding the max wattage of the included coil, the mod must be defective.
I would then get the usual run-around from Element about returning the item and not offering to pay return shipping on a defect until I complain online, of course, then “Kenny” swoops in quelling the bad publicity. (they'll only oil a squeaky wheel)
But this time, they told me I was SOL because the mod was not defective, it was because the tank wasn’t TC compatible. They sent me their address so I could PAY to ship back the coils that were useless to me. Keeping them is financially in my best interest as I’ve paid enough for dissatisfaction.

The exact description on Element’s website is “Eleaf iKonn 220 TC Starter Kit”. Do you see the TC in there??? That means Temperature Control, obviously but, you cannot use TC in this “kit”. THIS IS NOT A TC KIT if you need additional products to use TC! (now you know why I quote “kit”. It has not been described accurately)
If this was stated on Eleaf’s product or Element’s website, IN PLAIN ENGLISH, I would have gone with my 1st option of getting a separate mod and tank, since buying a TC mod is pointless if you’re stuck using it in wattage mode. Both companies, in my opinion, are FULLY aware of this. They got me to buy into a “kit” that isn’t a kit at all, just a scam to get me to pay for an insufficient, included tank, thinking I’d be back for more of their product to make the “kit” sufficient.

I also cannot seem to find replacement gaskets for any of the tanks I own. The tanks would be useful MUCH longer past the life of your included gaskets since only the threads would wear out.
I believe the companies realize this too so, they don’t sell replacement gaskets, knowing you’ll have to buy a whole new tank. $30 for a Smok TFV12, of which 1 of my 4 started leaking and 1 has leaked since day one. Look's and sound's like a money pit to me, and everyone says's vaping is cheaper than smoking?

I haven’t found anyone talking about this topic and am confused as to why this is..... Maybe,
-I’m the only vaper that isn’t rich. Everyone else is more than happy shelling out extra cash, as it grows on their trees.
-I’m the only one that sees’s this issue as a problem. Rich or naive people don’t care.
-There is something I’m seriously misunderstanding.
-I’ve gotten too used to “click to return” ease on Amazon.com and being able to return anything simply because I’m not happy with it, and my expectations of vape companies are unreasonably high.
- This topic is purposely ignored by Vaping Underground

These are the only reasons I could come up with. If anyone could shed some light on this for me that would be fantastic!

The last thread I had started, got bombed with VU staff and moderators swooping in to defend another company I had questioned. PLEASE, BRING IT HERE! I’ve got to hear what you have to say on this matter, as a whole. Especially since Element is one of your top donors this month.

I’m pretty good at distinguishing a valid point from propaganda so I’d suggest an honest response to anyone chiming in.

This forum exists because of the above, your initial post is a valid point.

Of course now there are a bunch of members trying to help fix the issue by educating you, but that's not really the point that is the title of your thread.

Unfortunately, vaping anything other than a factory coil in wattage mode requires research because, as you point out, manufacturers and vendors simply advertise the selling points of the devices. They don't care if you buy the right kit. They only care that you buy. That's why I became a member of the forum.

All products eventually include features as selling points and vape products are no different. They don't care if the products features are compatible with each other or if you really need them. So yes, the vape industry will scam you. So will the cell phone industry, car industry and any other industry. There are forums, books, blogs and videos about all of the industries. This forum is one of them.

It would be nice if we could see an ad and buy what we wanted but that's not gonna happen. Last month I spent a week researching car dash cams because I wanted one and didn't want to overpay or buy garbage with features I don't need or don't work. I also had to learn to use the damn thing so I researched that aspect also, before buying. I'm happy with the one I ended up buying.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
...And besides, TC mode is also broken on the mech. :D

My fucking piece of shit mech with hybrid top cap ALWAYS jumps out of TC mode with my Atlantis tank.

I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

When I push the fire button REALLY hard all it does is get so hot i have to drop it.

Piece of shit vape gear!!! ;)

spr258

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
people who havent' even invested money in something won't be much inclined to invest the time and perseverance to stick it out when the going gets tough.

Andria

You should say some people not everyone. I was given a eleaf 50 or 75 watt with a kanger tank. Plus all the ejuice I wanted. I am still getting juice for free but I have invested so much money into vaping. I am not sure I would have quits smoking and started vaping if I wasnt given these things. It was a very simple mod with only watts mode. It was a friends old mod and when I upgraded I was able to pass it on to my wife for her to stop smoking. I have tried vaping about 5 years ago and did not like it. I was vaping 24-36 mg nic and still was having a problem not wanting a cigarette. Some people will value the mods that are given to them. My friend gets almost everything vaping free so it is hard to pay him back because he doesnt need anything.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You should say some people not everyone. I was given a eleaf 50 or 75 watt with a kanger tank. Plus all the ejuice I wanted. I am still getting juice for free but I have invested so much money into vaping. I am not sure I would have quits smoking and started vaping if I wasnt given these things. It was a very simple mod with only watts mode. It was a friends old mod and when I upgraded I was able to pass it on to my wife for her to stop smoking. I have tried vaping about 5 years ago and did not like it. I was vaping 24-36 mg nic and still was having a problem not wanting a cigarette. Some people will value the mods that are given to them. My friend gets almost everything vaping free so it is hard to pay him back because he doesnt need anything.

It's just a general observation of human nature -- people do tend to value more, that which they have paid for, and value less, those things which didn't cost them anything. Is everyone a perfect example of all tendencies of human nature? Of course not -- but it is still an overriding tendency of the human mind -- "you get what you pay for."

My very first -- and second, come to think of it -- "vape" were both disposables that one of my husband's coworkers gave him to pass on to me, to see if I liked them; I didn't, not really, but the 2nd one, the Njoy disposable, had a good throat hit, and could absolutely "do in a pinch" -- which was, for me, proof of concept, this technology really COULD work -- and without those freebies, I really don't know when or if I might have jumped into vaping. But it was the $80 I had invested in hardware which REALLY kept me going, when the inevitable hardware problems arose. I'd have found it a lot easier to just give up, if I hadn't already invested some hard-earned money into it.

Andria

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never suggested TC for beginners and told the OP as much way back in the beginning. Here I am debating people who say TC sucks and I stand by what I said if they can't make it work maybe they don't know as much as they think they do? That I don't know but I know it damn sure works for me!
Some people love Brussels Sprouts... others hate them with a passion. (Notice how my sentence started with "For me,".)

I think one of the main reasons why TC is not for me is because I'm into advanced coil builds like staple staggered fused claptons, aliens, and staples, all always using Kanthal and or Nichrome80, never SS316L, as SS316L greatly reduces the longevity of the coils, which often tend to take a lot of my time and effort for me to build, so...). TC just doesn't react well to them, or if it does, then it still doesn't offer any improvement whatsoever for me. (Even, if the TC in question is on an expensive DNA mod that has─among DNA connoisseurs and apostles─been rumored to be capable to scrape the last grain of "TC goodness" from under the soles of both the chip itself and everything that r-Evolv-es around it.) I do all kinds of things to experiment, like, for example, I adjust the strength of my draw, continuously, from the start of my draw to when my draw finishes... tapering it. Doing things like that teaches me about my coil builds, how they vape and perform raw, without the added seasoning. And I have become first and foremost a mech user so good luck with making TC work on that. But some of my coil creations work best if used in tandem with the power curves of ArcticFox. Ramp up time affects the flavor so that's why. Trying to decrease the ramp up by building a different coil, be it by choosing a different metal type or whatever, affects the flavor as well, and does so not necessarily always in a positive way─again, for me. My very first own coil build, that I have kept for a souvenir, and that I miraculously built (with my own "expert" hands) only four weeks after I started vaping:

troll.jpg

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Maybe you two kids could get a group rate on therapy... :)

The OP posted that he was n Social Security of disability so it goes without saying that he had to have at least a mental health evaluation.

That is quite low of you to ableistly mock someone's mental health when people with mental health issues or more likely to smoke and more likely to need to the money switching to vaping saves. You sir are a low life, ableist bigot!

Now wonder not only LGBT people, if they are on this site, are in the closest but even being racially non-white is a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" culture on this site. Pretty shitty since both demographics are more likely to smoke.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Now wonder not only LGBT people, if they are on this site, are in the closest but even being racially non-white is a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"

You just haven't been a member here long enough to get to actually know people - who are of many races, nationalities and sexual/gender persuasions - and none of that has ONE THING to do with vaping :crazy:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The OP posted that he was n Social Security of disability so it goes without saying that he had to have at least a mental health evaluation.

That is quite low of you to ableistly mock someone's mental health when people with mental health issues or more likely to smoke and more likely to need to the money switching to vaping saves. You sir are a low life, ableist bigot!

Now wonder not only LGBT people, if they are on this site, are in the closest but even being racially non-white is a "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" culture on this site. Pretty shitty since both demographics are more likely to smoke.

I'm sorry, I tried very hard to understand that second paragraph but can't grasp it... :?

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You just haven't been a member here long enough to get to actually know people - who are of many races, nationalities and sexual/gender persuasions - and none of that has ONE THING to do with vaping :crazy:

Those polar bears look delicious.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I wouldn't be scared to say I'm female or identify my sexuality or mental health issues or whatever, here, but the fact is yeah, I come here to talk about vaping, not anything more personal than that. There are other places for people to discuss more private things than a vape internet forum.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree completely -- for me to get all the way down to 1 cigarette a day, I used a cigalike -- eRoll -- and on the first day I didn't smoke at all, I got a "pen-style" vape with a bottom-coil clearo -- not quite all the way down to the basic "Ego" level, since it was a variable wattage iTaste vv3, but only a bit more advanced than that (because my major dissatisfaction with the eRoll was how the vape quality declined with each succeeding hit). However this isn't a very popular opinion with those who insist they need massive whipped-cream clouds in order to abstain from smoking (which produces very thin "clouds").

I really wasn't interested in quitting at all, but once I saw what a great substitute it was, I realized I'd be a damn fool to pass up such a great opportunity. I won't say you absolutely have to want to quit smoking -- because I didn't, not at all -- but you do need to be interested in becoming a non-smoker. But if quitting had been anyone's idea but my own, I'd have cheerfully flipped them off and lit up another butt. The $40 investment I made in my eRoll, and another $40 for the vv3, was enough motivation for my tightwad soul to encourage me to stick it out and work out the problems -- people who havent' even invested money in something won't be much inclined to invest the time and perseverance to stick it out when the going gets tough.

Andria
No, not necessarily whipped cream ones... blood oranges and or mini donuts also work well. :giggle:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I don't know why all of the social justice warrior talking points have to always come out.

It's a fucking vape forum not twitter.:facepalm:

If you want to go all SJW on people then go to college, or twitter, or join AntiFa or some shit.:facepalm:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

ClB8lVYUsAA6e1x.jpg

Why don't the voices in your head every tell you to............................

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Can also result in compression fractures of the spine or broken hips when the person really belongs in that handicapable device.
I know, but sometimes it's worth it.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not always because the person I have in my thoughts right now has to use a Hoyer Lift to get in and out of bed because she was stubborn.
I was joking.... I'm a t12/l1 complete paraplegic, myself.
- thought it was funny, though

For the record, I use either my finger tips or throw an apple from produce to get items off the top shelf.

I did; however, date a female with one leg before I was injured. - she was alot fo fun.
BAM crew

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was joking.... I'm a t12/l1 complete paraplegic, myself.
- thought it was funny, though

I know your situation and although it might be funny it was more a dig at someone faking needing the wheelchair. Sort of playing with the Ableist BS the Bipolar bitch derailed the thread with. She has to be a plant from some other forum to bring drama back for someone long since gone............

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I know your situation and although it might be funny it was more a dig at someone faking needing the wheelchair. Sort of playing with the Ableist BS the Bipolar bitch derailed the thread with. She has to be a plant from some other forum to bring drama back for someone long since gone............
Ehhhh
whatever the motive may be , giving the drama one seeks could be granting the wish....

Albeit the pic is still one of my favorite funny meme photos for wheelchair users.

BAM crew

VU Sponsors