Become a Patron!

Is there a God?

DC2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The last thread was closed, and I was just about to post this there...

There is a God.
There has to be.

He is the life force.
He is energy.

He is conserved in all things.
Yet he is free to change and move.

He is in the stars.
And he's damn sure in the Louvre.

Science and nature are his paintbrush.
The human mind his folly.

And we'll all sit here and argue.
By gosh and by fucking golly.

Yeah, I know, too little too late.
Especially now that the thread is closed.

But I spent some time and effort on this, by gosh and by golly!!!
So I had to post it.

Go ahead and tell me how incredibly fucking stupid it is.
:)

Last edited:

justincase

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, despite folks saying otherwise, it seems as if some are not welcome here, so I bid you farewell.
(read---people with differing opinions)

DC2

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Confused.

You don't like my poem?
I thought it was one of my better efforts.

Surf Monkey

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like how you made your (bogus) closing argument in that other thread and then had it closed. Strong move.

Is there a god? I see no evidence supporting the idea and a lot opposing it.

Is there an Easter bunny? Is Santa real? What about leprechauns? Or maybe Ra? Or Shiva? Real?

Since none of these things seem to have any corporeality and don't impact the world in any measurable way the fairly obvious conclusion is that the probably of any of them existing is so low as to be inconsequential.

You will now scream that anyone who doesn't believe in a thing believes in the notness of that thing. Then you'll appeal to your own authority, try to define your opposition away and ultimately devolve into dull profanity and name calling. Eventually the mods will show up, accuse newbs of being the problem and you'll claim victory.

*yawn*

Your site is exactly the same as ECF. Only with profanity.

Later.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
eec2f879e5744f01e00f4e01e3b92a94.jpg

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

There is a God.
There has to be.

He is the life force.
He is energy.

He is in the stars.

Science is his paintbrush.

So I had to post it.

Its a beautiful poem. You should be proud. You should publish it, or make cards, it could be quite successful, but you'd have to modify the last line. Most house wives, mothers, church going folk would find that offensive.

Religion and beliefs are a wonderful thing, and a much needed thing. You have the right to believe and live your life as you want as others do too.

Only things that bugs the shit out of me is that some feel the need to MAKE others believe that they do , to bombard others with it, to condemn others for not believing what and how they do.

Thank you for sharing.

Pipug

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Confused.

You don't like my poem?
I thought it was one of my better efforts.

It was different. That's for sure. Great effort, DC2.....:)

Wow, leave for a few hours and thread closes. You know what they say??? "When one thread closes, another one opens" and here's the proof...:p

pcrdude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

There is a God.
There has to be.

He is the life force.
He is energy.

He is in the stars.

Science is his paintbrush.

So I had to post it.

I like this post because it is you expressing what you feel. YAY!!!!

:D

Pipug

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Its a beautiful poem. You should be proud. You should publish it, or make cards, it could be quite successful, but you'd have to modify the last line. Most house wives, mothers, church going folk would find that offensive.

Religion and beliefs are a wonderful thing, and a much needed thing. You have the right to believe and live your life as you want as others do too.

Only things that bugs the shit out of me is that some feel the need to MAKE others believe that they do , to bombard others with it, to condemn others for not believing what and how they do.

Thank you for sharing.

Agreed. Respect everyone. It's healthy!!! There will always be those who try to force their beliefs on you. Those are the ones that we usually fight with and they are the very ones that we get NOWHERE with. That will never change. In the meantime, is this a poetry thread?:huh: If so, I don't think I did very well....o_O

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I like how you made your (bogus) closing argument in that other thread and then had it closed. Strong move.

Is there an Easter bunny? Is Santa real? What about leprechauns? Or maybe Ra? Or Shiva? Real?

Since none of these things seem to have any corporeality and don't impact the world in any measurable way the fairly obvious conclusion is that the probably of any of them existing is so low as to be inconsequential.

You will now scream that anyone who doesn't believe in a thing believes in the notness of that thing. Then you'll appeal to your own authority, try to define your opposition away and ultimately devolve into dull profanity and name calling. Eventually the mods will show up, accuse newbs of being the problem and you'll claim victory.

*yawn*

Later.
I wholesomely agree with everything said here, I also feel the same way.

there is a God, his name is Darwinism

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Beware those that approach "goodness" with discord and aggression. The outcome of ones efforts is what will prevail. :devil:

pcrdude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, this is a different question......

A question that has been discussed in philosophy for millennia...

And science is critical to the discussion as well.....

I present, the Kalam Cosmological Argument:

1. Whatever begins to exist has a cause;
  2. The universe began to exist;
    Therefore:
  3. The universe has a cause.
I neither support, nor attempt to refute the logic....

But many others have, and still do....

Carry on!

;)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Because the OP requested the thread be closed and it was? With all due respect, if you bothered to post outside of this area more than 3 posts and someone's profile page, you might notice we're nothing at all like ECF. It's actually a great forum here, and I don't say that because I'm a moderator. I liked it better from the day I joined. We're not at all heavy-handed like ECF, our rules are much easier to follow, you can talk as much smack as you choose to within the rules of the whole forum. We have no minimum post count.

I fail to see how we're at all like ECF, except for the fact that we have a lot of members here that were, or still are members there. Some came here because they were no longer welcomed there. Some, I think most, came here by choice.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, this is a different question......

A question that has been discussed in philosophy for millennia...

And science is critical to the discussion as well.....

I present, the Kalam Cosmological Argument:

1. Whatever begins to exist has a cause;
  2. The universe began to exist;
    Therefore:
  3. The universe has a cause.
I neither support, nor attempt to refute the logic....

But many others have, and still do....

Carry on!

;)

Yes, and unfortunately the discussions outcomes usually ends up in horror.

justincase

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I wanted to leave a parting gift.
It was so nice to be invited to y'all's forum.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No one said you had to go. But, after 8 days of only posting on one thread, and tarring something for the sake of controversy.--

MjAxMi0yNWU5MjE0MjVlYmRmYWJj.png

seriously, youre not banned and welcomed back. there is much more to this place than being controversial for the sake of fanning flames.

Last edited:

Azriel Mysterious

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So is this the "OUTSIDE" like area? I wasn't kidding when I said I was getting fed up with ECF's bullshit. But even on ECF I rarely visit the main boards anymore since I like the discussions we have in the OUTSIDE.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
we don't have an outside area. This area is the mud pitt, pretty much for trolls and fights.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh and as for this complaint about Christians stuffing their religon down people's throats I'm not exeperincing this ....I have far more trouble with
Greenpeace
the ACLU
Save the whale,puppy,seal. fill in the blank
Thats very true, or just one sadistic GOD, that likes to have everyone killing and fighting in his name.
I doubt our own stupidity has anything to do with God...if God banned War humanity would kill him/her/it.....OH wait.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, despite folks saying otherwise, it seems as if some are not welcome here, so I bid you farewell.
(read---people with differing opinions)
I've got no problem with anybody.I might not always agree with others points of view.That doesn't mean I don't respect their right to believe what they believe.
Personally I think you're funny as hell and had a great time thus far interacting with you.
Stick around kid.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

*yawn*

Later.
I've never been a member of ECF.
I was warned to stay away and so I did.

VU Sponsors