Become a Patron!

Is there a God?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's nothing to be worried or scared about....Firearms are more then "Death Dealers", they are tools, a hobby, a way to take out frustration, hone in one hand-eye coordination, steadying you hands/grip, and teach you to respect power. Firearms are great tools and learning to use one can provide you with a advantage if anything happens for survival or defense. Its only dangerous in uninformed hands. Ive owned a 22LR and a 12g since I was 6 years old and I was taught how to tear down and clean it, load it and fire it, I learned that with the power it has it needs to be respected and only used with full intent.
Most people think of guns as "Weapons to kill", they have given my country freedom and the power to unite...
Yes I know all that and I do know how to use a gun.And yes I taught all my kids how to use them as well.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yes I know all that and I do know how to use a gun.And yes I taught all my kids how to use them as well.

EDIT: Nvm, I can see your trying to catch up in the thread...

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was making the case that the Jesus who became regonized as a prophet by Islam, the son of God to Christians and the son of Mary to the rest of the world; should be, even by those who do not believe in God, be recognized as having walked the face of the earth. Without that even being accepted this entire topic of discussion is entirely worthless.
You made a great case for that in my opinion,and yes I agree wholeheartedly.
Otherwise we have the whole donut debacle again.
As to Luke, you would certainly know much more of that than I would. I would be interested in learning more. I know he is to have authored Luke and acts. Additionally, ive read where some of the epistles and letters were written by Paul? or Peter?
As I recall Luke,Peter, and Paul co-wrote from Acts to Philemon.It's basically a series of letters between the 3,Except Philemon which is a letter to Paul from Timothy.It gets more convoluted than a road map to Brazil at some points.
I know the rest was all written between 200 and 300 AD and the Gnostic gospels written much later; but, so much controversy with those, that even as a believer I cant take them to seriously.
Yeah I know what you mean.It's like suddenly somebody spiked the wine or something.It's like being a fan of pro-wrestling in a way.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What does quantify mean? I looked it up, as i have a few dozen other words mentionrd in this thread, yet i still dont get the context in which is was used earlier...
Thought i had a solid understanding on the english language, turns out i dont.
Live and learn.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
(I wouldn't worry too much then.)
Above is a quantifiable statement.
Below is an non-quantifiable statement
(I wouldn't worry then)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And now for something completely different.

$_35.JPG

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually fishermen back then were wealthy.So were stonemasons which is probably what Christ was and not a carpenter.

EDIT : AS FOR THE WHOLE PROSTITUTE THEORY.
If you mean (Mary Magdalene) sorry but there's tons and tons of proof she was never a prostitute.That I know of back then the only real outcast would have been Luke.
Is there actually one scripture in the bible speaking of Jesus actually doing ANY work?

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Is there actually one scripture in the bible speaking of Jesus actually doing ANY work?
What do you mean by work? Doing hard labor? Doing jesus kinda shit? Cause most of the new testament is jesus doing jesus shit and blowing everyones minds...

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doing any actual labor. As a Carpenter or anything. Was he a moocher off of everyone else?

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Doing any actual labor. As a Carpenter or anything. Was he a moocher off of everyone else?
He gathered lost children, saved souls, ressurrected the dead, made the blind see, made the crippled walk, cured the sick. After that he was fucked over by his homeboy, humiliated, tortured and executed for no good reason... what more do you want?
My understanding is the bible skips through the majority of jesus' life and gave us a cliff notes version of it.

Untamed Rose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
He gathered lost children, saved souls, ressurrected the dead, made the blind see, made the crippled walk, cured the sick. After that he was fucked over by his homeboy, humiliated, tortured and executed for no good reason... what more do you want?
My understanding is the bible skips through the majority of jesus' life and gave us a cliff notes version of it.

Are you a retard? Yes in the same way a children story the lorax made us feel. Never forget the tuffal trees!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

yeah at about 30 years old or so. did he ever actually support his own ass?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Are you a retard? Yes in the same way a children story the lorax made us feel. Never forget the tuffal trees!

Yes at some point one needs to ask seriously not like havent spent trillions not seriously and even more killend seriously.
care to rewrite that response? I'm to stupid to know what in the hell you are trying to say?

What did that man say to you, to necessitate such a high school level response? Up the page, he was one person that asked, kindly, about having a discussion (one that you all have asked for repeatedly) and leaving the insults out.
So he gets that crap as a thank you.?

Last edited:

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The Flavius Josephus writing on Jesus has been thoroughly debunked by biblical scholars. Reputable scholars don't even reference it anymore. It was a forgery.

http://ffrf.org/outreach/item/18412-debunking-the-historical-jesus
I would be more impressed if the position argument you're using wasn't from the Freedom From Religion Foundation.
(Consider how this community gets inflamed when some ANTZ group pops out one of their "vaping is worse than smoking" studies. Get what I'm puttin' down?)
Sources with either an unbiased involvement in the research or, better yet, a source inside Biblical scholardom about questioning the validity of Josephus' writings would have more meaningful impact.
Not saying that I am 100% convinced that Josephus is accurate or reliable, nor that anyone should be.

(edited to clarify position; see strikethrough and red text)

Last edited:

Douggro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You're doing it too.

No one came in here to take you guys on unilaterally. YOU GUYS called me out. So your self satisfied smear is total bullshit.
Does someone take a gigantic shit in your Wheaties every morning, or are you just so fucking miserable that you feel compelled to drag as many people into your misery as you can so you can feel better about yourself?

It was nice and civilized in here for a while, then you show up and, BOOM! Fecal matter flying everywhere...

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Who knows? Im guessing he lived an average life away from spotlight? Trained? I dont think its been documented but again i dont know.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was a joke about both cell phones and God.
No joking about God I suppose....

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who knows? Im guessing he lived an average life away from spotlight? Trained? I dont think its been documented but again i dont know.

Some people speculate that Christ went to India...it is said he sent Thomas to India to start a a ministry there...and supposedly it the oldest continual Christian ministry...it is not inconcivable that Christ decided to follow a spiritual path and studied with the great spirtiual traditions of the ancient world the zorisastrians of persia and from there to the yogis of India.or perhaps the mystery schools of eygpt....every year we discover more and more that the ancients traveled much farther than we ever imagined....

after all the Budhha didn't just appear enlightened.....he spent many years studying with the sahddus of India before he sat down underneath the bo tree. and it was common for poor muslims from as far away as India who would spend years traveling to mecca on haj...Christ could have been mendicant monk who traveled to seek knowledge.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just out of curiosity, why are you always running?
Doesn't seem like the best way to go about getting fucked.
:)

"The human mind his folly"
--DC2

Yeah, nobody likes my poem.
You guys are a tough fucking crowd for sure.
:giggle:

But better than this crowd no doubt
b9b512e3-48e3-4994-b07a-a15aa52ca758_zpscwaenrb0.jpg

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ummmmmm, yea
(classwife)
she looks like a mother superior that would have someone drawn and quartered; because........ boredome

VU Sponsors