Become a Patron!

Is this Wrong?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got your point. Heard an axiom once. "Know an enemy's weapon, take away their power."

A lot I'm seeing going on "in the world" currently resolves to fear as the weapon. Evil uses fear as a weapon. So, I know the weapon & enemy.

I refuse to cower and be fearful. Evil has lost its power over me. I do not need to name names, point fingers. Any and all evil has no more power regarding me.

Why grant it any power by naming it? Everyone already knows what and who it is. If not they can soon figure it out.

When I first come online back in say 1992/94, there was a rule. You don't call out trolls, or jerks by telling folks "Joe is a jerk". People soon enough see who is who, what is what.

*sighs* Now, if I could do likewise for inner despair, depression. Been being a struggle lately. No, I don't need any "self care" lists what degrade by speaking to me like I'm a toddler.

If "self care" lists worked, a person wouldn't be looking for help. Such lists remind me of Microsoft Windows' help line. Call, put on hold for two hours at $3 per minute to get to the "technician" asking, "have you opened the help menu?"

Help menu: "If all the steps listed haven't resolved the issue call 1-900- .... for technical help." Me on phone to technician responding with that question, *click, dial tone*.

Next day a call from Microsoft Customer service. "How would you rate our help?" "I wouldn't, it does not warrant rating. I'm fine though, decided I would use Linux."

Have decided I've no mind. So it doesn't matter if I'm depressed or not. I'm just always "okay". Screw the p cyclists who just want to feed everyone chemical lobotomies for a commission.

I call this philosophy and way of living, the no mind, no matter way. Works so far. So far, so good, so what? *chuckles*

Last edited:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Got your point. Heard an axiom once. "Know an enemy's weapon, take away their power."

A lot I'm seeing going on "in the world" currently resolves to fear as the weapon. Evil uses fear as a weapon. So, I know the weapon & enemy.

I refuse to cower and be fearful. Evil has lost its power over me. I do not need to name names, point fingers. Any and all evil has no more power regarding me.

Why grant it any power by naming it? Everyone already knows what and who it is. If not they can soon figure it out.

When I first come online back in say 1992/94, there was a rule. You don't call out trolls, or jerks by telling folks "Joe is a jerk". People soon enough see who is who, what is what.

*sighs* Now, if I could do likewise for inner despair, depression. Been being a struggle lately. No, I don't need any "self care" lists what degrade by speaking to me like I'm a toddler.

If "self care" lists worked, a person wouldn't be looking for help. Such lists remind me of Microsoft Windows' help line. Call, put on hold for two hours at $3 per minute to get to the "technician" asking, "have you opened the help menu?"

Help menu: "If all the steps listed haven't resolved the issue call 1-900- .... for technical help." Me on phone to technician responding with that question, *click, dial tone*.

Next day a call from Microsoft Customer service. "How would you rate our help?" "I wouldn't, it does not warrant rating. I'm fine though, decided I would use Linux."

Have decided I've no mind. So it doesn't matter if I'm depressed or not. I'm just always "okay". Screw the p cyclists who just want to feed everyone chemical lobotomies for a commission.

I call this philosophy and way of living, the no mind, no matter way. Works so far. So far, so good, so what? *chuckles*
you and i have more in common than you realise. yes i have been there and done that, but like you, i found that nobody knows you better than you do. as i say..an expet is someone who knows 100 ways to make love...but they dont know any women.
tytry being orphaned when you are 6 yrs old and when you get out of your coma..your parents and brother and sister are already cremated, then you get angry and say why could i not go with you. can you change it? no you fucking cant. can anyone change it for you? o please dohnt try.
take care of yourself m friend, talk to people who have done it, noyt people that have read about it.
keep believing my friend, i am thinking of you.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
excuse the spelling, i hit my anger button in my head a little.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
you and i have more in common than you realise. yes i have been there and done that, but like you, i found that nobody knows you better than you do.

Not said we're all that dissimilar. Figure we both put our respective pants on the same way. Learned about the Oracle of Delphi long before learning of the C.I.A.. Took the advice, "know thyself" to heart. Also learned from Pythagoras, "all is one and one is all". So as Richard Bach points out; To know all humanity, know only one human. If you know yourself you know all humans.
try being orphaned when you are 6 yrs old and when you get out of your coma..your parents and brother and sister are already cremated, then you get angry and say why could i not go with you. can you change it? no you fucking cant. can anyone change it for you? o please dohnt try.

Could not fathom being orphaned, well I possibly could as it seems I faced a lot of abandonment. Still my point is I couldn't imagine what you specifically have gone through. I know it was likely very difficult. Know a "fire" like that is bound to have forged someone quite resourceful, strong.

My dad who left me & mom when I was two is/was listed here as a sexual predator. He is purely an old lech who diddled a little girl. He never grew beyond the fact he has a dick. All is about him and sating the dick, fuck everything else (no pun intent).

He was/is a Marine, oddly I grew up in a family too that was military. Simply a matter of tradition I serve. My uncle & Pap brought me up learning Army infantry as "kids games". They left me with a friend who was former Delta force. This friend taught me some more advanced "basics".

My mom's proudest moment she'll tell you was being approached with an offer. Some guy wanted to set her up turning tricks & take a "cut". She thought and likely still does think that was something to tell a son, as an example of "no matter what you got value" & to be proud of yourself.

Mom often left me on my own. I created my own friends. You know the joke "I talk to myself because I want intelligent conversation"? Not a joke in my case way too much so at times I think. And yes mom would literally go off, leaving me wherever. I was pretty much forgotten & even to this day I reckon my biggest pride is I get forgotten. That's the abandonment I face.

Sometimes I even forget myself. *chuckles* I grew up being my own father and dad. There wasn't any choice in my case, all those who were supposed to be were failing pricks. I had positive role models sure. But I had to reach out myself for the help, guidance. I had to maul it over & make my own choice/s.

Anger? Yes, have fought with it quite a great bit in life. That "fire" in me can burn cold. I will literally black out if I get too angered. I am not responsible at that point, have no clue I might be beating someone to death, will not remember anything of it either. Folks say I literally "snap".

I keep that in check though. A lot of times that means just abandoning the world. What does it mind? It does the same to me. All is equated out and balanced. All is one, one is all.

VU Sponsors