Become a Patron!

Is vaping really helps you quit smoking?

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vaping has definitely helped me to quit smoking. I carry two devices. One has a higher nic than the other. I think I am around day 20 or so of no cigarettes. I had started vaping and smoking together. If I had a cigarette, I was kind to myself and just kept vaping. About 5 to 7 days of this and I started just vaping when I realized I hadn't had a cigarette in 24 hours. I remember coughing a lot in the beginning. I was a bit hard at first but my with pulmonologist and primary care encouraging me I finally made it to now. I take one day at a time and let tomorrow take care of itself. Every day seems a bit easier. Y'all can guess where I invested some of that stimulus money. Figured if I dropped a big chunk of change on a mod, would be angry with myself for not getting through quitting. Hope this helps!
9b1ff7f4f67d3fa0d41e57ac8414755f.jpg
aa04c8e678621d2dae8de7c814f5449d.jpg

Sent from my moto e5 go using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was a bit hard at first but my with pulmonologist and primary care encouraging me I finally made it to now.

Good for you! Most of us here have been on the same road as you. You got lucky you have two doctors who have encouraged you to vape. I get the impression that's not the norm in the US.

Keep it up. In a year from now your doctors will be saying, "WTF, your health has improved dramatically!"

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good for you! Most of us here have been on the same road as you. You got lucky you have two doctors who have encouraged you to vape. I get the impression that's not the norm in the US.

Keep it up. In a year from now your doctors will be saying, "WTF, your health has improved dramatically!"
Thank you! I have met those doctors who aren't educated about the health benefits of vaping. They hear about "vaping deaths" et all and don't look at the real causes. All but one of two(?) From marijuana cut with vitamin b acetate. Dash vapes had a lot of information about all of this if memory serves correctly.

I have a cardiologist (heart), pulmonologist (lungs) and pcp (primary care physician) that I feel blessed to have. I have had three stemi heart attacks. I have fourteen stents. 10 in my right coronary artery and four in my left anterior descending. Prior to vaping, I have had the lung function of an 89 year old. You can't imagine the medication cost and volume to even breathe.

Right now I don't have rails (bubbling lungs). Not doing Albuterol treatments or advair or abreo or emergency inhalers. Don't miss not sleeping well because lungs filling up with fluid.

It was hard vaping. Every time coughing more junk up. Shallow vapes and pondering if I would be able to get a full vape without coughing or pressure. Well I can now.

I still get the urge. I try to just be kind to myself...set backs early on. Now I feel good. I feel as though I have accomplished something important.

I tried smoking cessation programs. I tried the gum as well as the patch and chantix. Traditional forms such as these didn't work for me. Vaping is the only thing I have found success with.

Let today be today and be kind to oneself.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you! I have met those doctors who aren't educated about the health benefits of vaping. They hear about "vaping deaths" et all and don't look at the real causes. All but one of two(?) From marijuana cut with vitamin b acetate. Dash vapes had a lot of information about all of this if memory serves correctly.

I have a cardiologist (heart), pulmonologist (lungs) and pcp (primary care physician) that I feel blessed to have. I have had three stemi heart attacks. I have fourteen stents. 10 in my right coronary artery and four in my left anterior descending. Prior to vaping, I have had the lung function of an 89 year old. You can't imagine the medication cost and volume to even breathe.

Right now I don't have rails (bubbling lungs). Not doing Albuterol treatments or advair or abreo or emergency inhalers. Don't miss not sleeping well because lungs filling up with fluid.

It was hard vaping. Every time coughing more junk up. Shallow vapes and pondering if I would be able to get a full vape without coughing or pressure. Well I can now.

I still get the urge. I try to just be kind to myself...set backs early on. Now I feel good. I feel as though I have accomplished something important.

I tried smoking cessation programs. I tried the gum as well as the patch and chantix. Traditional forms such as these didn't work for me. Vaping is the only thing I have found success with.

Let today be today and be kind to oneself.

Here's an idea for a project. Get the medical records of people like yourself, before and after vaping. Get up on the net and make it accessible. It's the only way to convince people that vaping is not harmful. It would be a great project but I suspect most wouldn't want their medical history to be made public. It's a good idea, though.

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shit these days you have to Sign papers for Doctors to send it to other Doctors so I am not sure.
I would assume it would be ok but would have to pay for all the copies and have a laptop which I do not

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would assume it would be ok but would have to pay for all the copies and have a laptop which I do not

Why do you need a laptop? Most all Medical Records are stored Electronically these days.

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why do you need a laptop? Most all Medical Records are stored Electronically these days.
Not sure how I would go about that. Not super tech savvy but I do have a disability hearing next month. Due to covid19 these are currently teleconferenced. I have prepay phone. Most of the records are put on CD these days for the attorneys. While I can probably get a copy, I have no laptop to read and attach files. Social security does have all medical records on file but they also would send them via CD. Had planned on buying a laptop if all goes well with some of the backpay. At such time I would strongly consider posting such pulmonary records as discussed in these recent posts redacted of person info such as SSN etc.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well you can pick up a Laptop for around $219 on Micro Center Web Store. Although it won't be the best it is at least an HP and will suffice. A little searching online and you might find a better deal. New Egg is another site to check. Good Luck

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well you can pick up a Laptop for around $219 on Micro Center Web Store. Although it won't be the best it is at least an HP and will suffice. A little searching online and you might find a better deal. New Egg is another site to check. Good Luck
Thank you Steve! That's probably what I will do when a can financially afford to do so. Spent quite a bit on vape gear with stimulus check. My Mrs.'s new mod arrived today. She hasn't had cigarette for six days now. I got her the SL Mini!
d12b94b3d83c3fd9e95673eceb9df08a.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Figured if I dropped a big chunk of change on a mod, would be angry with myself for not getting through quitting.

That was actually one of the main arguments that got me past a 30 day relapse to dual use when I'd been vaping for about 4 months and had my appendix out. I'm a total tightwad, and I already had several mods and atomizers by then, and I refused to let them just sit there and look pretty and not use them! So now I've been smoke-free for nearly 6 yrs, and have close to 30 mods. Obviously I'm not going to waste all that by going back to coffin nails! :D

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

My doc supported me at first, but when all that shit with the THC vapers came out, he started kinda freaking out; I had to explain the freaking chemistry of vaping TO A DOCTOR! :facepalm: But after 6+ yrs of vaping, he's forced to recognize that my health is just fine, and so are my lungs. The asthma isn't going away, but we didn't expect it to; it's nice just being able to wake up in the morning NOT drowning in mucus!

Andria

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was actually one of the main arguments that got me past a 30 day relapse to dual use when I'd been vaping for about 4 months and had my appendix out. I'm a total tightwad, and I already had several mods and atomizers by then, and I refused to let them just sit there and look pretty and not use them! So now I've been smoke-free for nearly 6 yrs, and have close to 30 mods. Obviously I'm not going to waste all that by going back to coffin nails! :D

Andria
Absolutely! In addition, I have (as I am sure you have as well) when I leave the house an extra coil, juice and batteries. This isn't convenient. My wife has a purse and all but still...better to have than to have not. I am the same...very reserved when it comes to spending money. A single fixed income household. Not a lot in the monthly budget after bills are paid.

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My doc supported me at first, but when all that shit with the THC vapers came out, he started kinda freaking out; I had to explain the freaking chemistry of vaping TO A DOCTOR! :facepalm: But after 6+ yrs of vaping, he's forced to recognize that my health is just fine, and so are my lungs. The asthma isn't going away, but we didn't expect it to; it's nice just being able to wake up in the morning NOT drowning in mucus!

Andria
Drowning in mucus...that was definitely me! I so don't miss that part of smoking! Part of my motivation has definitely been driven by poor health. I needed to do something different. The health industry offers archaic, low success treatments such as gum or patch etc. I really see vaping as a much healthier choice with a broad variety of customization for the individual. I spent a LOT of money investing in high quality equipment. Thank God for stimulus check. I now have plenty of coils, ejuice and hardware. I feel that I am not so fragile with 21 days or so into this that I am still in crisis with wanting to smoke a cigarette. I chose my hardware which provides a lot of customization because early in the morning I want a lighter hit. As the day wears on, perhaps I desire a stronger hit. While researching, I decided I wanted to go high end quality. Hey, it works! There is plenty of great support here in the VU community.
With all the buzz about limiting the industry, I thought that if I waited that legislation could come down which would limit my choices of ejuice or accessibility to some product or another. This made me feel as though it was crunch time to pull the trigger on purchases. I see this as investing in myself. I see this as productive and so much healthier than smoking.
I have had a few false starts over the past several years trying to vape but was unsuccessful. Salt nic has definitely helped keep those cravings at Bay. I prefer regular nic but when I need a quick something, I keep a target mini handy with salt nic.
It's good to know that there are people here on the same journey as me. I feel supported coming here and just jumping in.
Yes! Abso-fickin-lutely! Vaping definitely got me off cigarettes!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
time to pull the trigger on purchases. I see this as investing in myself. I see this as productive and so much healthier than smoking.

I've spent roughly $100 per year (on average) per five years of vaping. It's been some of the best money I've spent. My wife gets to "keep me around a long, long time", and save herself my money, like she wants. I get to not make her worry so much over me, and still enjoy using nicotine. :)

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've spent roughly $100 per year (on average) per five years of vaping. It's been some of the best money I've spent. My wife gets to "keep me around a long, long time", and save herself my money, like she wants. I get to not make her worry so much over me, and still enjoy using nicotine. :)
Interesting you say that...several years ago I began thinking along the lines of not just living for me but living for us. In my mind I think about how to respect the we versus the I. She and I want to go into retirement and still be healthy enough to enjoy our time together and do some things on the bucket list.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I began thinking along the lines of not just living for me but living for us. In my mind I think about how to respect the we versus the I. She and I, ...

Well yeah. For the longest time living was just me. I had to step up young to help my mom. Did a lot of crazy stuff way back when. I worked hard, played even harder. Figure you know too well what a young buck country boy can get into, if nothing exact at least the general idea of it. I tell ya, I was Hell running round having fun. :)

Gradually while settling into being married stuff began catching up. All the kicks I'd taken from a step dad, all the crazy cliff jumps I took. All the hay bails I'd tossed, the critters wrestled ... it all come back. Know I'm still considered a "young pup" but those miles can wreck you too. *chuckles* Never believe 'em when they tell you sky diving is okay as long as you bend your knees landing. No, you're gonna screw your knees up no matter how you do it.

*smh* So this coming together I started understanding the We too. Started realizing there's more to living than working and wrecking yourself, or wrecking yourself from playing hard too. I kind of found this out more so today. We needed to go to that damned wally world. My gosh she spent over $200 and a good share of it was clothes for me. Oh I fussed but to no avail. "When do I get you anything," she argued.

And you know what I learned too? Just a simple modestly nice shirt even at el cheapo store can cost $15. Damn outrageous I think. Of course that's where life has come over its course. I did manage to let her know I'm not her Ken doll. She chuckled and said she isn't Barbie either, nor does she want either one. Told me she liked the rougher than Ken boys. *chuckles* No idea what I'm gonna do with her, reckon love her until we both fall apart. :)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've only been vaping for 3.5 years. But during that period, so far, on average I've spent way more than 100 Euros per week toward my vaping hobby, mostly because I've been collecting high end mech mods a lot of which have an excellent resale value... before the end of the decade some of them will actually even sell for more than the price I paid to get them.

dragon dark nickel.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But during that period, so far, on average I've spent way more than 100 Euros per week toward my vaping hobby, mostly because I've been collecting high end mech mods a lot of which have an excellent resale value... before the end of the decade some of them will actually even sell for more than the price I paid to get them.

That's great too! :) If I were able I might do likewise, though, for me it;s not so much a hobby to generate income as something I need to do. Mentioned in another thread I'd pay more for a more durable used aluminum to build a Coppervape. Yes, I would and gladly. I'd scrimp and save for that specifically. It would be a mod I could beat the Hell out of yet it would keep doing what it needed to do, as well as hold its shape/form. :) I like my "durable goods" being actually "durable". And no, I wouldn't deliberately beat the Hell out of any mod, but I know how life and specifically my life goes. I know mods need to be tough around me.

poisonsliver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well yeah. For the longest time living was just me. I had to step up young to help my mom. Did a lot of crazy stuff way back when. I worked hard, played even harder. Figure you know too well what a young buck country boy can get into, if nothing exact at least the general idea of it. I tell ya, I was Hell running round having fun. :)

Gradually while settling into being married stuff began catching up. All the kicks I'd taken from a step dad, all the crazy cliff jumps I took. All the hay bails I'd tossed, the critters wrestled ... it all come back. Know I'm still considered a "young pup" but those miles can wreck you too. *chuckles* Never believe 'em when they tell you sky diving is okay as long as you bend your knees landing. No, you're gonna screw your knees up no matter how you do it.

*smh* So this coming together I started understanding the We too. Started realizing there's more to living than working and wrecking yourself, or wrecking yourself from playing hard too. I kind of found this out more so today. We needed to go to that damned wally world. My gosh she spent over $200 and a good share of it was clothes for me. Oh I fussed but to no avail. "When do I get you anything," she argued.

And you know what I learned too? Just a simple modestly nice shirt even at el cheapo store can cost $15. Damn outrageous I think. Of course that's where life has come over its course. I did manage to let her know I'm not her Ken doll. She chuckled and said she isn't Barbie either, nor does she want either one. Told me she liked the rougher than Ken boys. *chuckles* No idea what I'm gonna do with her, reckon love her until we both fall apart. :)
Spot on...same. I've always been the same. Clothes? Hate spending money on myself...a video game, food and toiletries and I'm good. Vaping? That's a bit of a different story. When the wifey saw that I'd started trying the vape thing again she wasn't immediately supportive as I had tried before but after several days is when she saw this wasn't a false start, that it was really happening. At that point she also got on board and wanted to invest and quit too.

She really is the best person for me. A true love story (met on a turkey farm ).

I am obsessive/compulsive with things like vaping, God etc... So I could spend so-o much money in vaping. There are just too many cool mods out there that I would love to get...tanks too. Been eyeballing squape and especially the Kayfun. Dang things cost as much as my primary mod and that wasn't cheap. In my mind, I can justify the initial expense but then the hobbiest in me is always lurking. Have to keep that largely in check.

At the end of the day, vaping has enabled me to transition off cigarettes period "but..." I am one of those weird vapers. I constantly fiddle with settings. Wattage to tc etc. I regularly use three different mods. Yihi g class is my primary use all the time. Aegis solo...single 18650 for outdoors, walking dogs etc. And finally a target mini that I use for salt nic with ccell coil. This I use when I really need a nic hit. Nicotine addiction is real. Heck, last night I had a taste of gentlemen Jack and immediately wanted a cigarette. Reached for g class. Single ss mesh coil at 62 joules, 400 degrees Fahrenheit. I needed it to hit like a cigarette and found myself chain vaping heavy hits on it.

At the end of the day I just want to be cigarette free or I just won't be here as I have very serious health issues. I have been a die-hard smoker for most of my life. 2 pack a day Marlboro kind of guy.

I am living for the we when it comes to the wifey. It's a life process...never easy getting there. Prayer and support helps. But anything worth anything in life is rarely easy. You're 48ish so you know where I am coming from I would guess.

So much more I could say but the spirit of what I have been saying is here. I appreciate the VU forum for providing a place for all of us who just want to be smoke free and to meet and friendly like minded people who all want the same thing. To live the kind of life we want and be healthier. In my life experience, if something isn't working out, try a different angle...eventually I will find success.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That's great too! :) If I were able I might do likewise, though, for me it;s not so much a hobby to generate income as something I need to do. Mentioned in another thread I'd pay more for a more durable used aluminum to build a Coppervape. Yes, I would and gladly. I'd scrimp and save for that specifically. It would be a mod I could beat the Hell out of yet it would keep doing what it needed to do, as well as hold its shape/form. :) I like my "durable goods" being actually "durable". And no, I wouldn't deliberately beat the Hell out of any mod, but I know how life and specifically my life goes. I know mods need to be tough around me.
No, I don't see it as a hobby to generate income. I mean, after I subtract the estimated resale value from the total amount that I have spent on vaping, it still boils down to having spent, on average, something like maybe around 3,000 Euros per year... but you can rest assured that I'm not planning on beating the hell out of that dark nickel plated Dragon mod by League Of Scoundrels, that has never been fired, and that dates all the way back to the time when Purge Mods didn't even exist yet. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Drowning in mucus...that was definitely me! I so don't miss that part of smoking! Part of my motivation has definitely been driven by poor health. I needed to do something different. The health industry offers archaic, low success treatments such as gum or patch etc. I really see vaping as a much healthier choice with a broad variety of customization for the individual. I spent a LOT of money investing in high quality equipment. Thank God for stimulus check. I now have plenty of coils, ejuice and hardware. I feel that I am not so fragile with 21 days or so into this that I am still in crisis with wanting to smoke a cigarette. I chose my hardware which provides a lot of customization because early in the morning I want a lighter hit. As the day wears on, perhaps I desire a stronger hit. While researching, I decided I wanted to go high end quality. Hey, it works! There is plenty of great support here in the VU community.
With all the buzz about limiting the industry, I thought that if I waited that legislation could come down which would limit my choices of ejuice or accessibility to some product or another. This made me feel as though it was crunch time to pull the trigger on purchases. I see this as investing in myself. I see this as productive and so much healthier than smoking.
I have had a few false starts over the past several years trying to vape but was unsuccessful. Salt nic has definitely helped keep those cravings at Bay. I prefer regular nic but when I need a quick something, I keep a target mini handy with salt nic.
It's good to know that there are people here on the same journey as me. I feel supported coming here and just jumping in.
Yes! Abso-fickin-lutely! Vaping definitely got me off cigarettes!

As for all that gov't BS... you might want to get into DIY ejuice, and making your own coils. Coil building is a piece of cake; mixing ejuice is also quite easy, but does have a bit of learning curve, knowing what flavors from what brands you like, and how to mix flavors to get the best result -- but it is SOOOO totally worth it! And also saves a buttload of money, since ejuice has the highest markup of ANY of this.

Salt nic wasn't around when I first switched, but what saved me from the godawful cravings after my appendectomy/dual-use relapse was WTA, Whole Tobacco Alkaloids. I don't know if they're still available anywhere; maybe aromaejuice.com. But they really fix the horrible cravings, and also any depression problems that come along with smoking cessation. They're addictive in their own right (MUCH! moreso than plain nicotine, more like... cigarettes!), so I'd say only use them if you really need them -- I really did, but it took me 15 months of steady gradual weaning to get back to plain nicotine.

Vape on!!
Andria

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Speaking of reduced cost of making ejuice, the other day I ordered nic, Pg, VG and some flavours. I then calculated the cost per 30 ml of juice. To my great delight I found that the cost decreased 35-40 %. I was paying way too much just to get all that stuff here.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't edit above post. I need to add I got everything from Nic River and had it shipped to Atlanta.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Speaking of reduced cost of making ejuice, the other day I ordered nic, Pg, VG and some flavours. I then calculated the cost per 30 ml of juice. To my great delight I found that the cost decreased 35-40 %. I was paying way too much just to get all that stuff here.

That's why I always get my PG and VG from amazon -- free Prime shipping.

Andria

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's why I always get my PG and VG from amazon -- free Prime shipping.

Andria

Yep, I got a Prime membership the other day. I bought my sister a freezer then asked her to store my nic until I arrive. The perks of Prime are pretty amazing. Ever since Amazon began either they just wouldn't ship to the UAE or it was very expensive. It's going to be a big perk of being back in the US.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep, I got a Prime membership the other day. I bought my sister a freezer then asked her to store my nic until I arrive. The perks of Prime are pretty amazing. Ever since Amazon began either they just wouldn't ship to the UAE or it was very expensive. It's going to be a big perk of being back in the US.

Prime also includes Movies, free ebooks and free music.

Have prime more for those 3 things than the 2-3 day shipping.

Then it’s cheaper cause I supplied my student email...

I like prime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I like prime

I like the Prime Music, so I can stream music without the annoying commercials of Pandora or I-heart-radio. I even decided to level-up for Prime Music Premium, so now I can stream virtually anything I can think of, and it doesn't mysteriously disappear from my playlist!

Andria

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I like prime

Supposedly they had some economists conclude that it's worth about $1,200 per year...assuming you do a fair amount of shopping, I suppose. It's easy to see why they've become so damn large. I was thinking this morning about how they're putting so many shops out of business. That is most definitely a negative. On the other hand, I don't like shopping or walking around shops looking for stuff, I never have. So for the many people like myself, it's a good thing. Always trade offs, aren't there?

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just to illustrate how far out of touch I am about the US, I just discovered Spotify last week. It's fucking awesome!!!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Supposedly they had some economists conclude that it's worth about $1,200 per year...assuming you do a fair amount of shopping, I suppose. It's easy to see why they've become so damn large. I was thinking this morning about how they're putting so many shops out of business. That is most definitely a negative. On the other hand, I don't like shopping or walking around shops looking for stuff, I never have. So for the many people like myself, it's a good thing. Always trade offs, aren't there?

I recently discovered a real enjoyment of clothes shopping -- probably because up until recently, I really didn't have the money for it, but now I do... then this virus BS hit the fan and I couldn't go out shopping; now, I can shop at Kohl's, but they still have their fitting rooms closed, so there isn't much more benefit in store-shopping over online shopping -- though at least you can hold things up and guesstimate if they'll fit, which you can't with online shopping. And of course instant gratification is always nice. :)

But I truly love Amazon -- there are a LOT of home products that I can't find any longer at any local stores (Lysol dish scrubbies, for instance), but Amazon carries them. Ditto, Febreze Air in the lavender scent -- totally disappeared from Walmart, so i bought a 7-can box from Amazon! And melatonin in gelcaps instead of those dry tablets that are so damn hard to swallow, but all that Walmart carries -- I can get the 5mg gelcaps at Amazon! When all the madness hit with people hoarding toilet paper, I also couldn't find my usual Scott flushable wipes -- they were sold out even at amazon... but I finally found them, a couple wks back... so I ordered a box of 8! :D

Andria

I tried many times to quit it. This pdf gave me a fresh start... It has an interesting explanation on nicotine function
I am 9 days smoke-free. No temptations till now. I hope I win this time..

If not, I 'll try an e-cigarette. I never tried it before.

This forum is huge..! don't know where to start. :crazy:My question:

Is vaping really help you quit smoking? Is it true that many return to normal cigarettes after some time?
Obviously...I can say yes, Once a time i used to smoke and i have faced a serious problems with dehydration, and many other issues. when compare to smoking cigarettes, vaping is 95% harmless and also improves your lung capacity.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Been gradually realizing in my case, swapped one habit for another. Quit smoking but I vape. Don't see myself quitting vaping unless forced. Feel better though regarding vaping over smoking.

The main thing is to take the first step. It's not easy to stop smoking cigarettes and vape is definitely a good assistant. I decided to quit when a spirometry had shown I had lungs of 60yo person, when I was 34. Now I'm totally done with cigarettes. I'm vaping and find it far less harmful, especially when I vape CBD for my medical purposes. For the moment, I need to admit my PFT’s are much better and I feel better as well. So if someone is worried they can't quit vaping, it's a better decision than cigarettes. Go for it!

Last edited:

VU Sponsors