Become a Patron!

Is your Kangertech Subtank Mini leaking?

I snatched up the black Subox Mini kit when it came out and I have to say it is a great device, however, it leaks like crazy out of the air flow holes. After much frustration I have come to realize that the way to prevent this is to take your coil out of the base about every 3rd e juice refill and rinse the base out. No more annoying leaking.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Mine has never leaked.

With either the OCC or RBA heads.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I snatched up the black Subox Mini kit when it came out and I have to say it is a great device, however, it leaks like crazy out of the air flow holes. After much frustration I have come to realize that the way to prevent this is to take your coil out of the base about every 3rd e juice refill and rinse the base out. No more annoying leaking.
I have 4 minis and one large one - and, yes, you're right. Every one of mine leaks if I don't do this!

I suspect it has to do with my vaping style.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Odd, I had some leak issues early on. But solved that by making sure everything in contact with a seal, was firmly seated.

I've had 2 Plus tanks for about 4 months. Just purchased 2 minis last week. Zero leaks.

thepopenale

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sometimes after a re-wick mine does a little. Basically its the airflow section that gets flooded with juice.

Experience and several rewicks later Ive come to the conclusion its because Ive not used enough cotton and/or ive left too much space between the juice holes and cotton on the RTA.

Its a fine line between spitting and leaking!

Strangely the problem seems to fix itself if I leave it sitting overnight or unscrew the RTA top and poke/move/remove some of the cotton wick inside.

The thickness of the juice has an affect on this too.

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sometimes after a re-wick mine does a little. Basically its the airflow section that gets flooded with juice.

Experience and several rewicks later Ive come to the conclusion its because Ive not used enough cotton and/or ive left too much space between the juice holes and cotton on the RTA.

Its a fine line between spitting and leaking!

Strangely the problem seems to fix itself if I leave it sitting overnight or unscrew the RTA top and poke/move/remove some of the cotton wick inside.

The thickness of the juice has an affect on this too.

I use multiple tanks, because I don't always have time to refill the tank I'm using.

I make every effort on my part, to insure that the juice doesn't leak. I store them upside down, vents closed, and wrap then in a napkin until I'm ready to use them. I'm typically driving between customers and store them in the console.

The wick stays wet, it never really goes dry using this method. And you've completely cut off any way the tank can leak.

The only tank that I allow to remain upright, is the one I'm currently using.

image.jpg

thepopenale

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I store them upside down, vents closed, and wrap then in a napkin until I'm ready to use them. I'm typically driving between customers and store them in the console.

This is news to me! I have a few tanks too and store the "not in use" ones right way up with airflow closed (especially on the Goblin Mini!).
I assumed that storing them upside down over a long period of time that juice would work its way from the wick/chimney areas to the mouthpiece.

I generally dont get leaks while they are being stored but ill try and store them upside down from now on. Thanks!

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This is news to me! I have a few tanks too and store the "not in use" ones right way up with airflow closed (especially on the Goblin Mini!).
I assumed that storing them upside down over a long period of time that juice would work its way from the wick/chimney areas to the mouthpiece.

I generally dont get leaks while they are being stored but ill try and store them upside down from now on. Thanks!
It may well work it's way from the wick to the mouthpiece (hence the wrapped in a napkin). But it won't dump the entire tank, it will be just a few drops.

thepopenale

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh, ill just stick with keeping them stored right-way-up then because its barely a drop if it does leak. Thanks

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh, ill just stick with keeping them stored right-way-up then because its barely a drop if it does leak. Thanks

LOL, my console can empty the best tank in 15 minutes. Well, not actually the console. But think about riding across a rowed up field. ;)

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had 2 subtank plus's for a few months and a couple of mini's for the last 2 weeks. No leaking so far.

HD

Replace the white PTFE o-ring on the bottom of the Kanger SSOCC coil with this "PTFE O_Ring 55D Durometer, Round White". Search this term on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/PTFE-Ring-Durometer-Round-White/dp/B003SLE5M2

55 Durometer means the hardness of the PTFE. 55 is equivalent to a door seal.

This fix SEALS the leak from around the coil into the air intake chamber and out the air intake holes. I did this and it absolutely ended the issue. Yay!!!

The one on the left is the original. The new one is a smaller diameter, but it is thicker. It provides an excellent seal. Good Luck!!!IMG_0694.jpg

VU Sponsors