Become a Patron!

Jimi's Daily Health Articles

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This may sound crazy.

But what if I said you could be eating your own tasty, home-grown greens 5 days from now?

…even if there’s a foot of snow on the ground where you live?

I’d be skeptical too if I was standing in your snow boots. ?

But I’m serious! It doesn’t even require a greenhouse or an expensive hydroponic system.

In fact, over 5,500 gardeners like you joined me to learn how to do it for themselves! Here’s just a few of the lentil sprouts THEY grew in the last 5 days!

mail
mail

It was all part of the 5-day Fantastical Winter Garden Adventure we just wrapped up. I had a blast teaching everyone how to grow greens indoors, in winter. And after only 5 days they were eating their greens!

You could’ve been eating fresh healthy greens with them yesterday! But if you missed the fun, not to worry. Until midnight tonight, you can access replays of each day’s video.

And you’ll get a FREE notebook to fill out along the way.

>>> All Access Pass for the 5-Day Fantastical Winter Garden Adventure!

Here’s what you’ll learn from each days replay:

Day 1:
Shatter your expectations of what you’ll get from your tiny lentil seeds ?
Day 2: How to use water to show your lentils some love. ?❤️
Day 3: The secret world of magical microheroes ✨?
Day 4: A look inward at yourself! ?
Day 5: Exactly what to do when you’ve completed your 5-day adventure. ??

If you want to see exactly what’s inside, here are my top 25 lessons you’ll get to put into practice when you watch the replays...

1. How preparing your indoor garden differs from your outdoor one (it can be a lot easier).
2. Why 80% of your overall gardening success comes from the work you put in now.
3. The top 5 activities that can kill your fantastical garden before you even start.
4. A lesson from Thomas Edison about having a thriving indoor garden.
5. A 5-minute visualization exercise to help you grow the garden of your dreams.
6. How to properly rinse and prepare your seeds for sprouting.
7. What to do if your tap water is hard, soft, or anything in between.
8. The water breakthrough from a Japanese doctor that changes how you grow food forever.
9. One thing no one tells you about water that could kill your plants.
10. What “what-ifs” are important to watering your garden, and what “what-ifs” are just paper tigers.
11. How to charm the good microorganisms in your garden.
12. Why you should keep the baby wizards in your house away from your sprouts.
13. Why some roots are confused for mold and how to tell the difference.
14. What bacteria and fungi are in the service of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.
15. The 5 “good” magical microheroes in your garden and their special magic.
16. The one thing that matters MORE than your harvest.
17. How to use your workbook to make your next sprouts even tastier.
18. A fun, delicious recipe for lentils (the best pairing with Roast Beast).
19. How to use the Grinch’s secret to find daily gratitude in your garden.
20. Fun ways to enjoy your garden besides just eating your new harvest.
21. Exactly what to do when you’ve completed your first 5-day adventure.
22. How to keep up your momentum from those first 5 days to grow even more.
23. Why it gets easier from here (and my recommendation for additional resources).
24. How to decide on your next vegetable to grow (there is more than one right answer).
25. An extra-special invite to help you get to the next level with help from me and my team.

Each day's video is only about 30 minutes long (give or take a few minutes).

And if you’re really short on time you can even watch them at 2x speed!

That’s less than 2.5 hours to learn how you can start growing delicious and nutritious greens today!

The All Access Pass is only available through 11:59pm Pacific tomorrow.

mail

>>> All Access Pass for the 5-Day Fantastical Winter Garden Adventure!

Click the link above to watch all 5 replays and go from seed to Steamy Curried Lentil Greens in just 5 days!

Planting seeds of hope,
Stacey and the Grow Your Own Vegetables Team

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Study: Masks Do Not Replace Social Distancing​

Well gee, I guess I'm gonna get it if this is true. We don't social distance when seated on airplanes, especially in coach where we are shoulder to shoulder. I've been flying pretty regular since July, no China flu YET. Someone needs to get their stories straight.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well gee, I guess I'm gonna get it if this is true. We don't social distance when seated on airplanes, especially in coach where we are shoulder to shoulder. I've been flying pretty regular since July, no China flu YET. Someone needs to get their stories straight.
Most of the masks that people are wearing aren't going to do a thing for the wearer if in a confined space with a covid infected person, they just don't filter out that small of a particle that the covid germ is. I was wondering do they do the temp check and all that on each person still? Yeah new studies have been turning up new info. But anyway masks are basicaly to protect the other person from the wearer or they would have to be much better than the ones people are wearing.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Today's Motivation​

Sunday​

January 24, 2021

There is always hope, even in the darkest nights, in the unbearable moments of despair. Even when you think there is no choice, there is always a choice. You have the courage to rise above your constraints and create your desired outcome. Use your power. You can absolutely rise above your circumstances. Have an unwavering belief in yourself.

Daily Motivational Quote​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Hey Jimi

I am just about to cycle over to the beach and go for a morning swim but wanted to send you a quick reminder!

You only have 24 hours left to sign up for The Root Cause 5 Day Challenge.

We begin Monday at 12pm EST.

Are you a driven woman doing all the “right” things but still struggling with autoimmunity, fatigue, digestive issues, weight gain or anxiety?

LET ME GUIDE YOU IN IDENTIFYING WHAT’S BELOW THE SURFACE OF YOUR SYMPTOMS AND WHY YOUR HEALTHY EATING AND PROTOCOLS ARE NOT WORKING IN MY FREE 5-DAY CHALLENGE.

Here's 5-Day Root Cause Schedule:

Day One:
What do you want? How to use the power of your imagination to create results you only dreamed about in your health and life.

Day Two: What are you transforming? Learn identify the symptoms that are most important to focus on this year and the biggest thing getting in your way to succeeding

Day Three: Are you ready for transformation? Identify the ways in which you have been sabotaging your own best efforts and what to do about it.

Day Four: Time for action. How to start making transformative changes immediately that will get you closer to your goals.

Day Five: The next steps. Strategies to succeed (only after you’re ready and clear)

JOIN NOW

mail

P.S. I promise to share with you everything I can about creating a successful health plan for 2021....and share examples of women who have been successful using this method, so that you can see what's possible.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If you’ve been itching to get back in the garden after sitting inside all winter, I have some exciting news for you...
mail

Because as of today I want to show you a brand new way to enjoy your favorite FRESH veggies and herbs… all year long!

Imagine growing your own fresh and delicious food throughout the cold winter months. It’s completely doable. Even if you feel like you’ve always had a “brown thumb.”

Growing a winter garden is one of the simplest life-changing “hacks” I discovered as a gardener. And I want to share this knowledge with you.

Because we’re launching a brand NEW course…

It’s called “Winter Gardening: Your Successful Winter Garden--Indoors & Outdoors”!

It’s our first brand-new program in over a year. And I feel like this is going to get SO many of you to love gardening in a whole new way! ? ?

I’m going to show you how all the tricks you can use to keep your plants happy and healthy throughout the winter... indoors and outdoors!

You’ll get everything you need to succeed. Including step-by-step video instructions that are pre-recorded so you can watch them anytime, anywhere. These are just a few of the lessons you’ll learn inside this new course:

- What no one ever tells you about your winter garden
- How to creating a thriving ecosystem without a lot of work
- The #1 water secret that changes gardening forever
- How to properly time your outdoor planting BEFORE temperatures drop
- The 3 key temperatures you’ll need to know for garden success
- Why “microclimates” are the secret to optimizing your growing season
- How to discover your “personalized” crops that will thrive your unique climate
- The 3 indoor garden strategies you can use to eat healthy greens no matter where you live
- My favorite hydroponic set-ups for beginners so you aren’t worrying about tech when growing your first indoor garden
- How to enjoying an UNLIMITED supply of fresh salad greens for you and your family
- The best way to start seeds indoors, following a proven system step-by-step

You’ll also get access to our team of expert gardeners and our winter gardening member’s forum. That way you can hang out, learn from, and grow with other gardeners just like you!

When you check out the course on the next page, you’ll see how real gardeners just like YOU are already growing Successful Winter Gardens from scratch:

>>> Start Growing Fresh Produce NOW

This online program gives you everything you need to succeed. In just 5 days from now, you can be eating delicious salad greens just like the students who grew these:

This program won’t just teach you how to grow a winter garden. This is my best program for learning how to start seeds indoors too. ?

Which means your outdoor spring and summer gardens will be that much more bountiful too.

Just imagine starting your next growing season without stressing over seed starts… because you’re already an experienced pro!

Growing vegetables this upcoming season has a special urgency as well. It’s more important than ever to keep our immune systems healthy. With indoor gardening, you can continue your immune-boosting green lifestyle all year. Even if you’re stuck indoors in the middle of a blizzard.

There’s no need to wait to savor your fresh homegrown harvests.

All you have to do is join the program here:

>>> How to Grow Fresh Delicious Food all Year Round

You’ll be one of a limited number of students to get in on this one-time LIVE version of the course. This is the first time this course has ever been offered. Which means when you sign up now you’ll get some special savings along with some bonuses too (more details on the page above).

This is one good decision that is sure to make the rest of your winters a lot more “green”!

(For your dinner plate and your purse.) ? ? ?

Planting seeds of hope,
Stacey and the Grow Your Own Vegetables Team

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dodging cancer like Neo dodges bullets

While millions of people are being devastated — mentally, emotionally, physically, and financially — due to the global pandemic, those suffering with chronic diseases like cancer are experiencing the worst of both worlds.

Cancer IS a metabolic disease. And, as such, is directly influenced by a weakened immune system.

Sounds familiar, yeah?

I bet. And that’s because we know a weakened immune system is the harbinger of any disease.

The flip-side of the coin? The less chronic stress on the immune system, the better its chances of warding off other opportunistic agents.

That’s why learning everything we can about preventing and reversing cancer, especially amidst a viral pandemic, is more important now than ever.

And *that’s* why I’m giving you the heads-up on Nathan Crane’s Global Cancer Symposium 2.0, broadcasting online from February 8 – 14, 2021.

Nathan — a renowned natural health expert with over 15 years in the health field, a multi-award winning documentary filmmaker, an award winning author AND international speaker — has, over the last few months, brought together over two dozen of the world’s leading cancer experts to share the most effective, affordable, scientifically validated and non-toxic solutions for preventing and reversing cancer during this week-long event.

In short, it’s A TON of great info…

And it’s all absolutely free!
Whether you have been diagnosed with cancer and want to find new, innovative ways to fight it, you’re helping a loved one in the battle, or you simply want to do all you can to prevent a diagnosis, this on-line event is for you.

Here are just a few of the talks you’ll have access to:
  • Dr. Veronique Desaulniers: Facing Your Fears: How to Tackle the Anxiety of a Terrifying Prognosis
  • Dr. Rashid Buttar: Why We Get Cancer: The Vital Role of the Immune System to Fight Damaged Cells
  • Elaine Gibson: Redefining the Impossible: Beating Stage 4 Cancer with an Integrative Approach
  • Dr. William Pawluk: The Hidden Dangers of EMFs and What We Can Do to Shield Ourselves
  • Dr. Thomas Lodi: What is Cancer? Beyond “Rapid Cell Growth” – The Truth About Why and How Cancer Grows
You’ll learn more in one week than you could in years of classes and seminars!
The Symposium launches February 8, 2021, and runs through February 14, 2021.

I do hope you’ll join me!

Because this is going to be a game-changer for anyone with cancer or anyone who wants to prevent and reverse this crippling disease.

See you at the Symposium!

Stronger together,
Keith

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

RELEASE​

We all have our easy days and our tough days, and we can count ourselves lucky if the good outnumber the bad. But there is no escaping this life without hurt, and it can pop up to surprise us and remind us it's still there at any time. I had one of those days on Friday, where the tears come seemingly from nowhere and remind me of the deep well of loss that I carry inside of myself; the loss of friends and loved ones, the loss of my life before cancer, the loss of youthful and naive security. It's not a debilitating well anymore, and it's not something I try to ignore; it's just the place where I put all of my loss and what comes with it, and some days my heart leads me to its edge to revisit and remember.

This well, for so many years, was instead a deep pit where I threw the things that were too difficult to think about and which allowed me to convince myself for a time that I had properly dealt with everything that was shoved in there. After my diagnosis, I began the process of excavating that pit, healing what needed to be healed, releasing what needed to be released, and turning that dark hiding place into a well instead that I could come and drink from when I felt pulled to.

I'm not advocating for holding onto negative emotions. What this is for me is a way of paying tribute to the pain I have experienced in my life and how it has shaped me into the person that I am. It's a way to remember what I've learned and how, without letting the past dominate my present. And yes, sometimes I do put emotions there that I'm not prepared to deal with on any given day, but only so much can fit in there now. The pit was bottomless because that's what I needed it to be, but the well is finite because I now know how important it is not to neglect what rests within. When it gets close to overflowing, I have a day like Friday. Sometimes it's the whole day, sometimes it's a few hours, sometimes it's just a few minutes, but there always comes a point where I need to release what's been gathering and building.

For some strange reason, we grow to be embarrassed about crying. I am guilty of it too. When we are kids, we cry at anything and everything! And I think we're ultimately happier for it; it's where that childlike optimism comes from because we release and move on from the emotions that try to hold us in place. As adults though, we try not to cry at movies or sad stories we read in the news, surreptitiously blinking away the tears and trying to quickly wipe the few that escape before anyone can notice. Why? Why do we do this? Why do we shove things back in and deny ourselves the relief that comes from releasing that overflow?

I am a complete advocate for having a good cry as often as you need it. Sometimes that might be quite often, while at other times in life it might not be. But I think the best gift of that release is the resulting hope and optimism. I always feel like life is better after a good cry. A weight has been lifted and I feel lighter; I can breathe more easily again. The Anishinaabe knew this too.
"Bad thoughts cause illness of the mind, body and spirit. Practice optimism."
Practicing optimism can take whatever form you choose, but devote some time to making sure that you visit your own well and release what may have been flowing and gathering there in whatever way feels right for you. The mind, body, and spirit are all connected, and what is good for one is good for all. So go on, have a good cry, and give yourself permission to experience the relief of release.
Happy Healing ❤️

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Mental Health Monday​

There are a lot of physical symptoms that accompany stress and anxiety, but one of the most damaging in my opinion is the tension that can manifest when we experience these feelings. This tension isn’t only detrimental to us physically, but it energetically cuts us off as well, making us feel even more isolated and alone than we may have already been feeling after a diagnosis. In this week's MHM vlog, I’m discussing some of my thoughts around what this type of tension does to us on an energetic level, and I offer a practice for a mindfulness moment with a mantra I use when I’m feeling tension as a result of stress and anxiety that helps to open me back up and get me back in touch with an energy of health and happiness. I hope it does the same for you! Check it out now on the Orenda YouTube channel at the link below (my videos seem to be unblocked, so we will stick with YouTube for now!).

Click here to watch it now on the Orenda YouTube channel

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Resources: Support​

As I was talking about above in the blog, finding your people after a cancer diagnosis is so important. For me, finding my sisters in our support group at Wellwood contributed to my healing in so many ways. Wellwood is a centre here in Hamilton that offers completely free programs to cancer patients and their families/caregivers to support them through treatment and beyond into life after cancer. It's absolutely incredible what they do; I am honestly in awe of how much they offer to us at no cost: support groups, 1:1 support, therapeutic art classes, yoga classes, meditation classes, programs for children and youth living with a serious illness in the family, and on and on.

Because of things being shut down, Wellwood has started offering many of their programs online right now, which allows people to participate and find support where perhaps before they couldn't because of distance, mobility issues, etc. You can check out everything that's on offer on their website below, and I'll be sharing some of their programs and events as their start dates approach.

Often, we find it difficult to ask for help, and I find this is especially true when it comes to mental health. But there is NO SHAME in needing support, in reaching out, in finding your people.

Click here to check out what Wellwood is currently offering online

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Lessons Cancer Taught Me: Year 3​

In my first year after diagnosis, I started to have realizations about different things I was learning from cancer: ways I was changing, positive growth I was experiencing, and how my perspective on life was shifting. I started writing them down, and it is something that I continue today. I am currently sharing my lessons from year three in the Facebook group, so if you have missed any of them, visit the link below to see the most recent one, and then meander through the posts on the group wall to see the others. I will keep posting until I share them all. I hope they speak to you and help you find some pockets of light in your own darkness.
See the most recent here

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi,
If you have estrogen dominance, you're probably desperate for any solution to bring you quick relief from your unstable moods, heavy bleeding, fibroids, fibrocystic breasts, and intense cramping (among other uncomfortable symptoms)...
But before you jump on the hormone replacement train (which can put you at an even greater risk of more issues down the road), here are my best natural tips to support your body through addressing the root cause.
Because estrogen dominance isn't just about your hormones—it really starts in your liver!
Get all the details (along with my specific estrogen dominance supplement protocol) in this post today and get started reclaiming health and balance, naturally.
Here's to your health!
Much love,
Dr. Mariza

P.S. There are 3 main pathways your liver can follow when it's processing the estrogen in your body—but 2 of them are dangerous.
Check out this post for tips to help your liver and body detox effectively and get your estrogen back into balance! >>

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

“Hammerin’ Hank” Aaron Dead at 86 (only 16 Days after taking COVID-19 Vaccine)​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Featured Videos & Articles
Spices have been used for thousands of years to season and preserve foods, but did you know that they also provide powerful healing properties?

In fact, spices are an essential part of your cancer-fighting arsenal. In this brief video clip, we'll cover the top 4 cancer-fighting spices you should add to your diet today.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Detoxing has become increasingly popular lately, but how do you know when and how to detox? In this video clip from TTAC [LIVE] 2019, Dr. Daniel Nuzum gives you everything you need to know about when to detox. Whether it’s mold, pesticides, antibiotics, or hormone imbalance, we are constantly surrounded by toxins. Watch now and learn Dr. Nuzum’s 3 keys to preventing chronic disease.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
REPLAY OF YESTERDAYS' LIVESTREAM
Digital Vaccines, Pharma Food Take Over, and Digital Twinning as the Master Agenda?
Alison McDowell and Sayer Ji, and several thousand live viewers, dove deep into agendas operating behind the scenes, globally, intent on disenfranchising people. converting them into digital commodities and new investment markets. They not only discuss the mind-boggling extent of the problem but also the solutions we can start implementing NOW.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

What a weekend it’s been!

The feedback from the first two days of my workshop series has been out of this world.

mail

It’s my honour and passion to share my unique process and 3 keys to help you discover true sugar freedom in a way that actually LASTS!

On day 1 I shared all about the detox and why this key is vital for your success.

On day 2 I shared the vital need for looking inward and uncovering the root cause of where your patterns around food/sugar are coming from.

(If you missed either of the first two videos be sure to watch those before continuing on to today’s training. You must be registered to get access to the replays and workbook - click here to register now before the fun ends tonight)

Today, we’re about to wrap things up with a BANG!

I’ve saved the best for last.

And...a surprise or two that I can’t wait to share with those who are live at our final workshop today at 12 PM PST!

Today I’ll be sharing key #3: COMMUNITY

More importantly, I’ll be sharing the deep rooted reason that lack of community is keeping us stuck in our desire and "need’ to keep reaching for sugar day in and day out and what we can do about it.

As we’ve seen over the past year, this sense of dis-connection on a global scale is driving us towards food.

Let’s face it, most of us have gained weight and turned to food for comfort during these difficult times.

I can’t wait to blow your mind today and help you find your way out of this sense of dis-connection once and for all!

I can’t wait to see you there.

If you’re not registered yet, be sure to jump in here and get registered so you can have access to all of the videos from this weekend and join the fun today.https://recoverystudios.lt.acemlnb....1c7b7026b9033ac7fd042175&i=1193A1637A10A19474

See you soon.

Love & Light,

Dani

Quit Sugar Summit Co-Host & Sugar Freedom Coach

P.S. Did I mention about the surprises I have in store for you today? Let’s just say, there ‘may’ be a special guest or two I can’t wait to introduce you to live today! You won’t want to miss this.

Register here...

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No time to read today’s newsletter? Do one powerful thing: Click here to discover the hidden link between toxins, inflammation & autoimmunity. Today is the LAST DAY to access this powerful documentary and speaker series! (I know my community loves documentary series - this is a great way to learn and discover powerful stories of recovery.)
It may startle you to find out that like SO many other conditions, gluten is a bad instigator when it comes to reproductive health and endometriosis. (A recent study showed a 75% significant reduction in endometriosis symptoms when patients removed gluten.)
If you struggle with pelvic pain or endometriosis, please click here to discover a wonderful new book, Outsmart Endometriosis, by sought-after endometriosis, pelvic pain, and nutrition expert Dr. Jessica Drummond, DCN, CNS, PT - and get some important bonuses to help you live better.
The long, shocking list of conditions made worse (or caused) by gluten is astounding.
If you would like FREE access to my powerful Gluten Summit, please click here. This is one of my signature education events on gluten and autoimmunity (which incidentally began the entire summit world).
The Gluten Summit holds a priceless bundle of information all in one location.
  • Learn about gluten sensitivity and neurological issues
  • Find out about the role of inflammation in degenerative disease
  • Explore gluten sensitivity and cross reactivity
  • Identify the manifestations of brain toxicity
  • Explore hidden wheat related psychiatric disorders in adults
  • Learn why food allergens are even more problematic than we thought!
How much do you know about gluten? (And you may know a lot - and STILL be missing a key piece of information for your health - or someone you love.) Could it be that gluten is the trigger - the root cause of your health problems?
If you don’t own The Gluten Summit yet, click here to own this powerful digital series for your permanent health library.
Quite frankly, the caliber of experts on this event cannot be matched. I’ve been researching this for over a decade, and have learned even more from these powerful leaders and researchers.
During This Free Viewing Of The Gluten Summit You Will:
  • Get 30+ HOURS of multi-media interviews with the world’s experts on Gluten Sensitivity.
  • Meet the “Godfathers” (Scientists) who discovered and researched this root cause.
  • Learn from the Clinicians diagnosing and bringing patients back to better health.
  • Get valuable advice from Dietitians & Nutritionists teaching us how to eat and feel better.
Here’s to your best life for the REST of your life!
Dr. Tom O’Bryan
PS: When you sign up for the Lighting the Path documentary film you will also get my Autoimmune Fix Recipe Book. Discover how food can increase energy and reduce inflammation. With these delicious, nutrient-dense recipes. (And please share this link on your social media and with those you love: https://lightingthepath.byhealthmeans.com/?idev_id=863)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dr. Chauncey Crandall, M.D., writes:

Alzheimer’s currently afflicts more than 5 million Americans, including 200,000 under the age of 65. As we age, the risk of Alzheimer’s disease grows. By 2025, the number of people 65 and older with Alzheimer’s is estimated to reach 7.1 million — a 40% increase in just 10 years.

Alzheimer’s is a progressive, degenerative disorder that attacks the brain’s nerve cells, or neurons, resulting in diminished memory, thinking, and language skills, as well as behavioral changes. Eventually, people lose their ability to function.

Special: Stress Impacts Your Heart — Now There's Something You Can Do About It

Neurons are essential because they produce a brain chemical, or neurotransmitter, called acetylcholine. Without this chemical, the connections to other brain cells are broken, killing them as well.

Two types of abnormal lesions are found in the brains of people with Alzheimer’s disease: beta amyloid plaques and neurofibrillary tangles.

Beta-amyloid plaques are sticky clumps of protein fragments and cellular material that form outside and around neurons.

Neurofibrillary tangles are insoluble, twisted fibers composed largely of a protein called tau, which builds up inside nerve cells.

Researchers are still trying to determine whether these lesions cause Alzheimer’s disease or they are simply markers for it.

While genetics plays a role in early onset Alzheimer’s disease, it is less instrumental in late-onset Alzheimer’s.

Early onset Alzheimer’s disease occurs between ages 30 and 60. It is rare, representing less than 5% of cases.

Symptoms of late-onset Alzheimer’s, by far the more common form, appear in people beginning in their early 60s.

The gene most involved in the disease is known as the APOE epsilon4 allele, or the e4 gene. This is the gene that substantially increases a person’s risk of developing Alzheimer’s, although the strength of the association varies.

While people who have the e4 gene are at higher risk than those who don’t, it is not certain they will develop Alzheimer’s. Research is showing that even if you have the gene, a healthy lifestyle may tip the scale in your favor.

Dr. Chauncey W. Crandall is author of Dr. Crandall’s Heart Health Report newsletter. He is a Yale graduate and is chief of the Cardiac Transplant Program at the world-renowned Palm Beach Cardiovascular Clinic in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. He practices interventional, vascular, and transplant cardiology.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Most of the masks that people are wearing aren't going to do a thing for the wearer if in a confined space with a covid infected person, they just don't filter out that small of a particle that the covid germ is. I was wondering do they do the temp check and all that on each person still? Yeah new studies have been turning up new info. But anyway masks are basicaly to protect the other person from the wearer or they would have to be much better than the ones people are wearing.
The only places I get temperature checked is doctor/dentist offices.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Bee-killing pesticides threaten the global food supply​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Baseball legend Hank Aaron dies two weeks after receiving coronavirus vaccinate during publicity stunt​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Today's Motivation​

Monday​

January 25, 2021

Daily self conversations play a big role in your personal development journey. Every day, have at least one conversation with yourself and see what's going on inside. It’s what you say to yourself that has the most power. A little chat with yourself can help put things into perspective. Take time to connect with yourself, understand what you are truly feeling. Block out outside noise and listen to your soul. Find peace with your thoughts.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There’s no denying we’re in a stressful time.

And for so many women with pelvic floor issues (leaking, prolapse, pain and discomfort, lack of orgasm, and more)...

Stress can create tension in our deep core muscles and change how we hold our bodies in ways that can make pelvic and bladder symptoms worse.

And then you’re told, “Just relax and have a glass of wine!”

If hearing “just relax” makes you want to clench your fists and scream…

That’s because TRYING to relax has the opposite effect of making you MORE stressed.

I know, it can be very frustrating.

No one gets this more than my friend and colleague Isa Herrera, MSPT, CSCS.

If you’re a woman over 30 and at least ONE of the following is true:

• You don’t do kegels as regularly as you know you should
  • You’re not 100% sure you’re doing them right
  • If you have leaking, Kegels don’t really seem to help much
  • You have lower back pain, tailbone pain, or pain down there
  • You have pressure in your vagina or you know you have a prolapse
  • You have pain or discomfort during sex
  • You’re sick and tired of doctors who don’t know what to do for you
  • You’re embarrassed and fed up and you’ve given up hope that anything will be able to help you...
If ANY of those is TRUE for you...you NEED to be at the live Masterclass that Isa Herrera is hosting!

Isa is considered Americas #1 Pelvic healer and she is my go to person for all things related to women’s pelvic health.

Isa’s free training has been called nothing short of life-changing by the tens of thousands of women who’ve attended…

And she’s about to teach a BRAND-NEW Masterclass called:

The Happy “Lady Parts” Masterclass: 5 Easy Steps to End Leaking, Heal Prolapse, and Relieve Intimacy Pain Without Stepping Foot In A Doctor’s Office

When you register you’ll also unlock early-access to complementary guides and helpful eBooks about healing and living your most radiant life

Click here to register today!

THIS is the class you didn’t know you needed right now.

And while it might feel like there are bigger things going on…

More and more women are realizing that taking care of YOU and your health right now should be top priority.

There are going to be thousands of women on the Masterclass - and it’s bound to fill up, so go reserve your spot now!

Grab your spot now for the free Masterclass!

Be Blessed!

Dr. David Jockers

P.S. You’ll want to stay to the end of the Masterclass because Isa will be doing one of her EPIC Q&A sessions. She won’t leave until EVERY question is answered, so come and ask Isa anything about vaginas, sex, pelvic pain, exercise, surgery, obstetric trauma, and so much more.

P.P.S When you register for The Happy “Lady Parts” Live Masterclass you’ll also unlock early-access to complimentary guides and helpful eBooks about living your most radiant and resilient life!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Reclaiming a Good Night's Sleep
By Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen, MDs

Insomnia is increasing as the economic, social, emotional, and physical stresses of the pandemic make it hard to turn off worries.
That means people who never had sleep woes before are contending with its complications, such as hampered performance at school or work, slower reaction times (driving is riskier), increased drinking, depression, and anxiety, and an increasing risk of high blood pressure, cancer, dementia, and heart disease.
You want to take steps to break the pattern and restore a healthy sleep as quickly as possible. Not only will you restore your energy and a rosier outlook, you will be taking important steps to control your sleep-affected blood pressure and heart health.
Special: Top US Doctor: Sugar Is Not the Problem – This Is
One study found that people who sleep less than six hours a night raise their risk of heart attack by 20%, and another found that people who report sleep disturbances almost nightly are at a 40%-50% increased risk of heart attack.
Here’s how to get started:
• Establish a routine and stick to it. If homeschooling, working from home, or unemployed, lockdowns have likely thrown your schedule out the window, and chances are your sleep has suffered. Write out a schedule for getting out of bed, having breakfast, exercising, working/homeschooling, getting into bed, etc. And post it so you and your household can see and follow.
• Institute stimulus control. The American Academy of Sleep Medicine says to go to bed only when sleepy, leave the bed when you're unable to sleep, avoid naps, and use the bed only for sleep and sex. Keep digital devices and screens out of the bedroom.
• Identify the sleep disrupters such as habits (drinking or eating before bedtime, smoking, taking recreational drugs), medications, and health problems such as sleep apnea, diabetes, or chronic pain that can contribute to disturbed sleep. Asthma, gastroesophageal reflux disease, overactive thyroid, Parkinson's disease, and Alzheimer's disease are often sleep robbers too. Talk with your doctor about resolving those issues.
• Adopt the intermittent fasting schedule in Dr. Mike's “What to Eat When.”
• Make sure to get 10,000 steps or the equivalent daily — even if indoors. Physical activity is essential for good sleep.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In today's newsletter, I'm going to show you the best ways to protect yourself if/when you get Covid, and how to most likely have a very MILD case instead of a severe case. Of course, you'll still want to talk to your doctor if you get the infection, and follow doctors orders, but all of the tips I'll show in today's email can actually help reduce severity and duration of a Covid infection, and are important for everybody to know.

After reading today's email, please share this valuable life-saving information with your friends and family by forwarding this email to them.

This is based on reading hundreds of articles, studies, etc since the beginning of this pandemic. And it's also based on my personal experience of having Covid myself in early October this year, and recovering super easy in only 3 days. In fact, my case was so mild, it was less severe than a common cold. Of course, that's partly because i'm only 44 years old, in great metabolic health, and followed ALL of the tips I'm about to present in this email. If you're over the age of 65 and in poor health, the chances of having a more severe case of Covid are still likely, but even in those cases, all of these tips could easily contribute to recovering faster and saving someone's life.

This is my own personal research spending hundreds of hours reading and listening to hundreds of hours of podcasts about this topic, and with this email, I'm simply trying to help people who might not know the best things to do if and WHEN you do get infected (because let's face it, at least 30-50% of the population are going to get it at some point (or already had it), so you might as well be armed with a few things that can help reduce the severity and recover quicker.

Most of the things that can reduce severity and duration of infection, can also reduce the risk of being infected in the first place by boosting your immune system strength, with your innate immune system being the first line of defense when you're exposed. I'll try to keep this somewhat short and not get too much in the weeds on overly detailed science... and as usual, I'm not a doctor, so this isn't a prescription... do with the information what you want. None of this can hurt...it can only help, so it's what I would recommend to my own family.

Here we go:

1. First and foremost, try to get your blood levels of vitamin D at least between 50-80 ng/ml. Most of the severe cases and deaths are people with blood vitamin D levels in the teens and 20s. Once you're over 60 or 70 ng/ml, there are very few severe cases, and almost no deaths at all. Sun exposure is the best source of vitamin D, but unless you're in the southern states like SoCal, AZ, TX, FL, Hawaii, etc this winter, you won't get enough vitamin D from sun exposure alone. Once you get north of about 35 degrees N latitude, the sun's rays are too weak from Nov thru Feb to produce any real vitamin D in your skin.

Supplement with at least 5000 IU of vitamin D3 all winter long as a general way to keep immune strength high this winter, but consider doing at least 10,000 to 30,000 IU a day at first signs of a Covid infection. Do NOT take more than 10,000 IU per day for LONG periods of time if you do not know your blood levels. You don't want to go over 100 ng/ml as you can start to reach a level that becomes more toxic above those levels. But 50 to 80 ng/ml blood levels appears to be the sweet spot in my opinion to maximize immune strength and proper functioning. Remember to always take vitamin K2 in combination with vitamin D3 to prevent calcification problems in soft tissues, and always take these 2 nutrients with fat-containing meals, not on an empty stomach.

Here's a more detailed article about vitamin D status and your immune system if you want to read more about this topic.

2. NAC supplementation (n-acetyl-cysteine) -- this helps your body produce more glutathione, the master antioxidant, and studies seem to show that NAC supplementation (or other ways of raising glutathione levels in your body) can lead to less severe cases of covid and quicker recovery. If you get infected, I'd take at least 1000 mg of NAC twice a day until you recover. You can also consider a glutathione IV if a clinic near you does those.

Here's an article about glutathione importance to so many aspects of your health if you want to read more about that. Note that NAC appears to be a better way to boost internal glutathione than taking an oral glutathione supplement since it's not well absorbed. Plus, NAC has other benefits such as thinning mucus, and lowering inflammation in lungs and bronchial tubes.

3. A combination of Quercetin and zinc appears to have a similar effect to hydroxychloroquine, but most likely without the side effect concerns of hydroxychloroquine. My understanding is that the quercetin has anti-viral properties in various ways, but it also acts like hydroxychloroquine and helps force zinc into your cells, which helps slow down viral replication, letting your immune system get ahead of the infection. I'd also take quercetin and zinc as a preventative measure too to help lower your risk of infection in the first place. Here's an article with more info about the anti-viral benefits of quercetin.

If you get infected, dosages for quercetin that should help slow the viral replication could be between 600-1200 mg per day...perhaps on the lower end as a preventative, and the higher end for an active infection. Zinc doses would be between 15-50 mg a day, and some doctors recommend higher doses at the beginning of an infection, such as 75mg a day.

4. Vitamin C is another nutrient that's probably worth taking high doses at least during the beginning phases of a known infection. Perhaps 1000 mg a day in the beginning, or if you can get a vitamin C iv at a clinic, it could be helpful. Although vitamin C doesn't necessarily seem to reduce the risk of infection, it does seem to have at least some evidence on lowering the duration and severity of viral infections, so it could help to recover faster and have a more mild case. It certainly can't hurt, but I don't think of vitamin C as nearly as important as vitamin D levels, NAC, and quercetin and zinc. Here's a more detailed article on vitamin C and your immune system if you want to read more.

5. Regular sauna use can be a great preventative measure, because it has a significant impact on your immune strength as well as cardiovascular and metabolic health. I'd absolutely recommend prioritizing daily sauna sessions if you can, especially at the first signs of an infection. Sauna use can also help raise your internal glutathione levels too. 20 minutes minimum in the sauna seems to be what the studies say is best. I do about 35 minutes a day in my infrared sauna in my basement. I'll send out a more detailed article coming soon on the powerful health benefits of regular sauna use...it's impressive! For now, here's one article to check out on sauna benefits.

6. There are some other anti-viral herbs that might be helpful too... I'm not gonna claim there's much research around these specifically for covid, but they also can't hurt to use at least temporarily at the early signs of an infection just to get more anti-viral substances in your body... these could be herbs or nutrients such as astragalus (boosts T cells while also having anti-viral properties), olive leaf, garlic, licorice root, lomatium, oregano, elderberry, calendula, and monolaurin (an anti-viral substance isolated from coconut oil)... Here's an article on 10 anti-viral herbs that show general anti-viral characterics against most viruses.

continued next post

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could probably add a few more immune boosting tips, etc, but I think I covered the most important stuff for today. And don't forget that one of the BEST preventative measures for avoiding severe cases of covid is simply to be metabolically healthy, and that means losing weight if you need to, reducing inflammation, improving insulin sensitivity, and reversing conditions like type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. Most of the data shows convincingly that between 94 to 99% of the deaths from covid are people with other health conditions such as obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.

Here's a page to read about how to reverse type 2 diabetes naturally.

And here's an article about fixing high blood pressure problems too.

Also, one little interesting tidbit I heard on a podcast from a doctor was that people with the highest levels of omega6 polyunsaturated fats in their bodies had the highest risk for ARDS, which is what is killing most covid patients... so by all means, AVOID polyunsaturated vegetable oils (corn oil, soybean oil, cottonseed, canola, deep fried foods, chips, etc) to lower the amount of omega6 fats in your cells. Vegetable oils are the #1 worst thing in our food supply (worse than even sugar in my opinion, and we know how bad sugar is,) and vegetable oils are one of the MAIN causes of degenerative disease which is making people more susceptible to severe covid.

Remember that most processed foods have vegetable oils added, so avoid them as much as you can. I personally like grass-fed RED meat as the main food that I eat, since it has very low levels of omega6 fats (2-3%) compared to chicken and pork, which are more around 20% omega6. Plus, with red meat, you get the added benefit of high levels of zinc, which we already talked about the benefits of zinc on fighting viruses. But fish and shellfish is also healthier than chicken and pork too in my opinion.

Ok, that's most of what I wanted to share today to help protect everyone if and when you get infected (or to reduce risks of infection)... Lastly, although I'm not a doctor, ALL of this information I've gotten from either MDs, PhDs, functional medicine docs, and other health experts that know a lot more than any information the mainstream media is publishing.

If you found today's article helpful (I certainly think this info can help SAVE LIVES), or at the very least, helpful for reducing severity of covid cases in a lot of people, then please FWD this email to all of your friends and family.

To your health,

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,
There are thousands of studies showing how an anti-inflammatory diet can reverse disease, and could help you to enjoy more energy, better sleep, a clearer mind, and easeful weight loss.
And with the right recipes, anti-inflammatory foods can taste great, too!
Filmmaker and health researcher Jonathan Otto has put together a 7-day meal plan featuring 60 delicious recipes made from anti-inflammatory ingredients. And right now you can get it all - for free.
>> Click to get Jonathan’s brand new 7-Day Anti-Inflammatory Meal Plan.
I haven’t made all the recipes in the book, but so far these look like some of the most exciting ones:

✅ Healthy Homemade Hummus

✅ Cinnamon Cherry Milkshake

✅ Fennel Celery Orange Salad

✅ Mediterranean Chickpea ‘Omelet’

✅ Thai Pasta Bowl

✅ Blueberry Porridge
>> Click here to get all 60 mouthwatering recipes for no charge.
Yours for great flavors and great health,
Ocean Robbins
P.S. Along with the recipe book, you’ll also get complimentary access to a free screening of the 9-part docuseries, Autoimmune Answers. This potent film series gathers dozens of world-class experts that go straight at the root cause of autoimmunity (it’s not what you might think!) and show you practical, time-tested tools to balance and optimize your immune system. Click here to get the recipes and to grab your free seat for the series, now.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There are almost no words to express how incredible these last few days have been for me.

Not only to get to spend some extra time with all of you who have been following along with my workshop series, but also to get to share my soul's purpose with you all.

Thank you for showing up.

Thank you for helping co-create our safe space.

Thank you for staying open to learn something new.

Thank you for the powerful shares and comments.

Yesterday we wrapped it all together with the final KEY to lasting sugar freedom - Community.

Hopefully you can see how each of these pieces is mandatory to create this shift in a way that actually sticks.

[If you missed any day of the 3-part workshop, catch the replay here ASAP before it’s taken down]

No fad diets. No quick fixes. No shortcuts.

THIS is the way through to the other side.

My hope is that you’re feeling a shift already. Coming off the Quit Sugar Summit and after everything I shared diving into the 3 KEYS needed to create lasting change, you’re ready.

You’re ready to move forward and take ACTION. To stop standing in your excuses and to push through towards the life you know you deserve.

No more searching outside of yourself for the "answer". It’s time to close that book. Log-out of Google. Put that phone down. And step fully into your power.

If you’re ready to begin implementing all 3 pillars that we began uncovering over the past 3 days so that you can FINALLY discover a sense of freedom and deep love when it comes to food and your body, you’re in the right place...

I’m beyond excited to officially open up registration for a limited time for my upcoming 10-week Break Free From Sugar Group Program.

AND.. because I"m feeling extra generous these days I’m offering a HUGE 50% discount plus some incredible bonuses as a special gift to you for following along with the Quit Sugar Summit and my workshops this weekend.

I have never offered this program at such a low price, and I never will again.

This program is everything we covered over the past 3 days all tied into one powerful journey with me as your guide.

The detox

The Inner work and deep dive into WHERE your sugar addiction comes from

All wrapped in an incredible supportive community like you’ve never experienced before. (Imagine the best hug you’ve ever had… times it by 100...yup that’s it)

Right now you’re facing two choices:

1. Stay right where you are. Doing as you’ve always done. Trying over and over to kick sugar on your own fully knowing that one or more of these key pillars is missing for you. Staying confused, overwhelmed, lonely, and lost.

2. OR...Join me and an incredible community of women on a journey that will guide you to uncover your inner power and finally discover what true lasting sugar freedom feels like.
I have no plans to host this program again this year, and definitely not at this special low QSS price.

Come and check out all the details and join our community here before registration closes Tomorrow at midnight Pacific.

We’ll officially get started Feb 7th, but as soon as you register you’ll get access to some incredible prep week content and our private community to start getting to know each other and building excitement for the program ahead.

It’s been an incredible honour to support you the last few days and I sincerely hope that you’ll join me and your fellow sugar freedom seekers on the journey of a lifetime.

I can’t wait to see you inside the program and to help you continue this once-in-a-lifetime momentum that you’ve created over the past few weeks. This is YOUR year!

See you on the inside.

Love & Light,

Dani

Quit Sugar Summit Co-Host & Sugar Freedom Coach

P.S. Did you hear? I’m opening up registration exclusively for YOU for my upcoming Break Free From Sugar Group Program for the next few days.

As a special thank you for following along this weekend AND for being a part of the Quit Sugar Summit I’m also offering a crazy 50% discount AND over $2,200 in extra bonuses for those who jump in and join in the next few days.

Check out more info and join us here!
mail

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi Jimi,
Does your lymph system need a detox?
When I started to focus on detoxification in my practice, I would show up to podcast interviews and was surprised to get the questions: “Do we really need to detox? Doesn’t the liver detox us?”
Just like you DO need to support detoxification in a modern toxic, stressful world, you need to support your lymph system for your best health.
Check out my new article on the lymph system, where you’ll learn:
  • Signs and symptoms of lymphatic congestion
  • Causes of lymph congestion
  • 25 easy ways to get your lymph system moving again
Looking for more DIY detox methods?
Make sure you check out my morning detox routine and learn how I use it to support my lymphatic system.
When you download this free guide, you’ll also unlock access to the upcoming FREE DIY Detox Summit.
As your host, I invited several speakers who talk on how to best care for the lymphatic system.
XO,
Bridgit

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Short on time? Please attend the Global Cancer Symposium 2.0 (as my guest, at no cost). Even if you can only attend two or three talks, this education is priceless. Of course I will be speaking about the dangers of EMFs and how to protect yourself and your family.
Hi Jimi,

It’s not easy to read the scientific reports when it comes to health - it’s important we KNOW that even the mainstream world is starting to recognize the dangers we face when it comes to EMFs - and especially so around 5G and cancer. Here’s one excerpt* to support you:

RF-EMF promote oxidative stress, a condition involved in cancer onset, in several acute and chronic diseases and in vascular homeostasis. Although some evidences are still controversial, the WHO IARC classified RF-EMF as "possible carcinogenic to humans", and more recent studies suggested reproductive, metabolic and neurologic effects of RF-EMF, which are also able to alter bacterial antibiotic resistance.” *

I know that’s a lot to take in. The bottom line is this: If you or someone you love has been diagnosed with cancer, or if it runs in your family, discovering new and innovative treatments is a vital lifeline that can significantly impact your quality of life.

Knowing the healing modalities for you and your family - and with EMFs - the protective measures are a key to health and peace of mind.

This upcoming Global Cancer Symposium 2.0 will support you on many levels. And it is free (and priceless, in my opinion).
  • Manage Family Dynamics: Learn how to manage the twists and turns of a cancer diagnosis to salvage your most vital relationships.
  • Handle Your Finances: A cancer diagnosis doesn’t have to equal bankruptcy. Learn to navigate treatment choices to find options that will work for you and your budget.
  • Overcome The Fear Of Cancer: Whether it’s you or a loved one, learn how to channel your fear into something productive and meaningful to help you thrive.
  • Tackle Overwhelm: After receiving a cancer diagnosis, you’ll discover that there is an overwhelming amount of information out there (and a lot of it is useless). Learn how to discern what is relevant!
I’m thrilled to be speaking, and here are just some of the other important talks:
  • Dr. Veronique Desaulniers: How to tackle the anxiety of a terrifying prognosis
  • Dr. Rashid Buttar: The vital role of the immune system to fight damaged cells
  • Elaine Gibson: Beating stage 4 cancer with an integrative approach
  • Dr. William Pawluk: The Hidden Dangers of EMFs and How to Shield Ourselves
  • Dr. Thomas Lodi: “Rapid Cell Growth” - The truth about why and how cancer growth
Join this event to learn the proven best practices for protecting yourself and those you love from a cancer diagnosis, and if you do get diagnosed, to create the most powerful path to recovery.

You’ll learn more in one week than you could in years of classes and seminars!

Click here to save your spot today.

To your health,

Lloyd Burrell
ElectricSense
Live a naturally healthy life in our electromagnetic world!

P.S. Here’s the link in case you need it - and please share this event with those you love (and on social media): https://globalcancersymposium2.com/?ref=7388
*Source: pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih-gov/29402696/
EMF protection is IMPORTANT
please share ElectricSense emails
with your friends and colleagues.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail
YOURS IN HEALTH​
TIP OF THE WEEK​
mail

Try and focus on food that is in season
One of the more important yet overlooked aspects of our diet is if the fruits and veggies we eat are in season. It can take several weeks to transport food from one part of the world to another, so produce is usually picked before it is ripe.

The easiest food to relate to is bananas. Green, firm, and makes some people's mouths itch... or yellow, soft, and delicious. Since plants can't run from predators, they developed chemical warfare (lectins, phytates, etc) to keep from being digested so easily so they can spread their seeds for the next generation.

Focusing on food that is currently in season can help with variety, diversity, and proper nutrient absorption as well as keep the immune system from getting so worked up with all those chemicals the plants are making before they are ripe.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
HEALTH BITES​
mail

Of all the barriers to protect, the one around your noggin is super, duper important.

There are a lot of things to consider with the Blood-Brain Barrier or triple-B.

Let's start with aging and work our way around. As people get older, the BBB has been shown to leak around the hippocampus, and looking at this type of integrity is an early marker for something like Alzheimer's. Also, pushing bad stuff out through the BBB is affected since we know a lot of the time there is just too much junk to properly send a signal.

We know one night of poor sleep can be an issue and can increase some of the tangles that are a hallmark of Alzheimer's, but chronic sleep issues can really be a problem. Brain inflammation goes high and some inflammatory messages that get sent are IL-1B, IL-6, TNF-a, and IL-17a as well as more reactive oxygen species. Sleep is a requirement.

Environmental stress is ginormous for most people, but there are different kinds. One of the most common issues is low oxygen. Stuff like strokes and heart attacks can be big triggers, but everyday things like sleep apnea can grind that barrier into dust.

We also can't forget things like oxidative stress, glutathione, and mitochondria. Even though the energy demand is high so mitochondria are high, their main role is usually as a signaling device for things like vascular tone. Also, more engines running means more exhaust (oxidative stress). Oxygen is a requirement.

Nutrition is huge. Not just from a balancing blood sugar perspective and getting enough nutrients (like DHA) to keep the BBB intact, but once that barrier is done for some nutrients can't get pulled into the brain as well. Stuff like niacin, B6, folate, inositol, and vitamin C need conveyer belts to pull them in. The brain can try and store some stuff so nutrients there are depleted last, but I don't think anyone wants to risk that running low. High carbs aren't that great, and a properly done ketogenic diet can go a long way (cottage cheese covered bacon isn't a properly done ketogenic diet). It is important to note that a diet high in saturated fats has been shown to make the BBB leak in animal studies... there isn't one fat to rule them all since that isn't how it works in nature.

The liver is necessary for a ton of stuff like getting nutrients packaged up for delivery to the brain (ketones are one example). The liver can get behind the 8-ball with something like a leaky gut since the blood supply from the small intestine goes right to the liver. Take for example someone who has SIBO and chugs saturated fats to stay in ketosis... well those LPS begin with the word lipo and if we were all rats in research articles the surest way to degrade the brain would be to inject us with LPS. What to do? Enter ketosis the old-fashioned way... go without eating. If you can't go long enough without eating to get the benefits of fasting then there is a lot to work on to even get there.

So of course there is the gut-brain axis. If one barrier leaks, sometimes the other does as well. If there is a collapse in the proper diversity of bacteria and their behavior's change... then there is a crack in the foundation of brain health. It might not be apparent right out of the gate, but over time it is as sure as the tides.

Psychological stress is one of those things that can really do a number on a lot of systems and organs, but the brain can take a beating. Children being exposed to adverse events can be a big trigger, among the other things we experience in life (job, spouse, economy, death of loved ones, etc). Once those adrenals get activated by the brain, now the immune system gets involved and hones in on the nervous system. The good news is the more resilient a person is, the less susceptible their BBB is to stress.

Oh yeah, don't be a couch potato. When I help people with brain issues I always tell them one of the best things they can usually do is just be active enough every day to breathe hard. Movement is a requirement.

Always so much to consider, which is why it will never be just 'one thing' that helps someone keep their brain healthy.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
TESTIMONIAL​
mail

Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
Although I love helping heal brains more than anything, by focusing on what an individual needs they find out their body is capable of a tremendous amount of healing. When I first started helping this awesome child, he was 3 years old and had trouble walking due to the pain and swelling of his knees and was given a label of Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis or JRA.

The parents didn't want to go the steroid or drug route and all of the big triggers were already considered since the parents themselves are doctors that are into functional medicine, but their hearts are breaking watching their son have trouble getting out of bed in the morning. Something had to give.

It took some time, but now in 2021 he can run and jump and be the almost 5-year-old he was meant to be.

When the body heals, it heals.​

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

All states need to immediately enact a vaccine bill of rights​

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
ANYBODY WHO'S ABOUT TO GET JABBED MUST SEE THIS!!!

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

Last edited:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Today's Motivation​

Tuesday​

January 26, 2021

Take some time to familiarize yourself with a particular situation before making a judgment. Often we rush to judgments and make assumptions based on a little bit of information. We tend to exaggerate things and allow anxious thinking to take over. This can cause us to make irrational choices. Things are often not what they seem at first look. So avoid making decisions without knowing the whole truth.

VU Sponsors