Become a Patron!

Just curious

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Im pretty set in my ways the way I vape. I use the same wire, same wraps, same mm bit, same wattage, same rda ( I buy other rdas but always end up back with the Cosmonaut and end up giving a lot of rdas away) and same mod. I s there any other vapers out there that r set in there ways on how they vape. If so what do u use? Just curious. Good conversation starter.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm more or less infamous for that "stick in the mud" mode. :D I've been vaping strictly with my Achilles RDA since 2015, because nothing else is as good, not even close! It's a very tight draw, which provides EXCEPTIONAL flavor and TH at 9.5-10 watts. I've used 29ga kanthal since I started, around a 3/32 drillbit, and though I do vary just a little bit on how many wraps I use, to end up with slightly different resistance, but it's always somewhere between 1.5 and 2 ohms, or even a smidge over 2 ohms sometimes. I've vaped the same flavor ejuice since December 2014, though I've gradually reduced the flavoring, from its beginning at 31.5%, to now, just a hair under 24% flavoring -- and no sweetener at all, though I started off using about 2.5% sweetener, just to be able to taste it.

Confucius say... if it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT! :D The vape described above doesn't yield much vapor, THANK GOODNESS! It got me off 39 yrs of coffin nails, which is all it was supposed to do, and it continues to stand in for smoking on the rare occasions when I actually think of it -- after 4 yrs smokefree, i don't think of it often.... but I realize that without vaping, I'd be back to smoking probably within a week.

Andria

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I do generally get stuck on one main atty or style.. now have 2 avocado22 in rotation... I am also stuck at 15 watts or so power regulated... 1 atty has a .3ohm build the other .6 and without looking I can't tell which is which mist of the time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I'm more or less infamous for that "stick in the mud" mode. :D I've been vaping strictly with my Achilles RDA since 2015, because nothing else is as good, not even close! It's a very tight draw, which provides EXCEPTIONAL flavor and TH at 9.5-10 watts. I've used 29ga kanthal since I started, around a 3/32 drillbit, and though I do vary just a little bit on how many wraps I use, to end up with slightly different resistance, but it's always somewhere between 1.5 and 2 ohms, or even a smidge over 2 ohms sometimes. I've vaped the same flavor ejuice since December 2014, though I've gradually reduced the flavoring, from its beginning at 31.5%, to now, just a hair under 24% flavoring -- and no sweetener at all, though I started off using about 2.5% sweetener, just to be able to taste it.

Confucius say... if it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT! :D The vape described above doesn't yield much vapor, THANK GOODNESS! It got me off 39 yrs of coffin nails, which is all it was supposed to do, and it continues to stand in for smoking on the rare occasions when I actually think of it -- after 4 yrs smokefree, i don't think of it often.... but I realize that without vaping, I'd be back to smoking probably within a week.

Andria
I never change the way I vape but I do use a lot of different flavors. I stick to the same brand though. Eliquid depot. Theyre just 11.99 120ml bottle and they have great flavors and a huge selection. Ive tried them all. So I do switch flavors several times a day.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually... my stick-in-the-mud-ness might be altering just slightly, since @Cosmic put me on to this new(?) Coppervape Caiman v4 RDA; it's built along very similar lines to the Achilles, but has this interesting feature of interchangeable internal airflow "nozzles" -- so the internal airflow can be made just as tight as the external, which is really the only way to have a great tight-draw vape -- just adjusting the external airflow just doesn't get it done. It's not costly, but you know, real life... I'm gonna order one of them as soon as money permit. :) Because the only bad thing about the original Achilles is that they're no longer made nor available anywhere, at any price. Dammit.

Andria

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Well I do generally get stuck on one main atty or style.. now have 2 avocado22 in rotation... I am also stuck at 15 watts or so power regulated... 1 atty has a .3ohm build the other .6 and without looking I can't tell which is which mist of the time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
A lot of people use low wattages. I like huge clouds. I vape on 90 watts boost on my DNA 250C. I used to do 8p but I bumped ot up 10. Just eanted a little more power. I use 28×2+38 fused claptons made of nichrome. The only place u can get that wire is wotofo.com.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never change the way I vape but I do use a lot of different flavors. I stick to the same brand though. Eliquid depot. Theyre just 11.99 120ml bottle and they have great flavors and a huge selection. Ive tried them all. So I do switch flavors several times a day.

I stopped buying ejuice in my first six months as a vaper, because it's just not cost-effective in the long run, nor convenient waiting on the goddamn useless USPS. So I make my own, and spend like a nickel per milliliter, rather than some extortionate price for commercial ejuice -- what I make is better by a long shot anyway.

But I've never been able to make anything else, other than my ADV strawberry & cream, that was even half as good. I try out new recipes from time to time, but always go back to my wondrous S&C.

Andria

Ephraim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I stopped buying ejuice in my first six months as a vaper, because it's just not cost-effective in the long run, nor convenient waiting on the goddamn useless USPS. So I make my own, and spend like a nickel per milliliter, rather than some extortionate price for commercial ejuice -- what I make is better by a long shot anyway.

But I've never been able to make anything else, other than my ADV strawberry & cream, that was even half as good. I try out new recipes from time to time, but always go back to my wondrous S&C.

Andria
How do u make e juice?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
How do u make e juice?

This is how I do it:

http://ecigvape.com/recipes.php?user=crypticvapes

tumblr_pet53mOZJw1vga2mio1_1280.jpg

Pay no mind to the "drops" -- it never works out right, because every drop is different, depending on its viscosity -- and there's more than 20 drop in a ml, even with 100% VG.

Andria

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I have a curiosity as well @Ephraim if you will. Are you trolling or have you never heard of a search engine? Serious question. You constantly post these vague open ended questions and I would reason that if you used a search, you would be revealed all of the information in the world you could stand.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a curiosity as well @Ephraim if you will. Are you trolling or have you never heard of a search engine? Serious question. You constantly post these vague open ended questions and I would reason that if you used a search, you would be revealed all of the information in the world you could stand.

I have to agree; even newbie vapers know what DIY *IS*, and even if they've never tried it nor acquired any of the materials for it, they know the flavors, the PG/VG and nicotine CAN BE BOUGHT! I mean, geez. Gotta be a troll, to pretend to never having heard of buying nicotine. :facepalm:

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I have to agree; even newbie vapers know what DIY *IS*, and even if they've never tried it nor acquired any of the materials for it, they know the flavors, the PG/VG and nicotine CAN BE BOUGHT! I mean, geez. Gotta be a troll, to pretend to never having heard of buying nicotine. :facepalm:

Andria

Some vapers only know how to charge the mod and put the juice in.

I have met people who vape and have no clue how to use the internet.

Some vapers down here in Florida buy from flea market vendors.

Don't get me wrong.
You all may be right and we may be getting trolled by a pro.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Im pretty set in my ways the way I vape. I use the same wire, same wraps, same mm bit, same wattage, same rda ( I buy other rdas but always end up back with the Cosmonaut and end up giving a lot of rdas away) and same mod. I s there any other vapers out there that r set in there ways on how they vape. If so what do u use? Just curious. Good conversation starter.

I was set with my device and rta until I decided to get a smaller pod style device for when I'm out and about.

That was about six months ago.

I ended up using the pod devices more then I thought I would.

But I'm set on my pod style device too now so that's all good.

Mod and Rta - Holm Wrecher G2 / Boreas RTA

Pod devices - Aspire Gusto Mini and Envii Fitt

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OP has been blowing up that other forum with similar posts. Think he is just very unsure of his vaping and is looking for as much general info as possible. He also seems to be hung up on having to have the most powerful set up he can get. More of a status symbol to other vapers I guess. Also posts a lot of RDA questions. Think he is new to vape and seeking his place.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
It's one thing to ask questions and take in information to better understand things. It's another to continually post vague, open ended discussions without having done any research at all.

It's almost as if this person has a thought and immediately posts a question instead of doing a quick search and getting the info already out there. Every thread created by this person has already been beaten to death many times, dug up, resurrected and beaten to death again.

I'm not the forum police or anything but to me this is pollution of the forum by drowning out relevant topics with dribble that's been done a thousand times before.

This is what trolls do. Just saying.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's one thing to ask questions and take in information to better understand things. It's another to continually post vague, open ended discussions without having done any research at all.

It's almost as if this person has a thought and immediately posts a question instead of doing a quick search and getting the info already out there. Every thread created by this person has already been beaten to death many times, dug up, resurrected and beaten to death again.

I'm not the forum police or anything but to me this is pollution of the forum by drowning out relevant topics with dribble that's been done a thousand times before.

This is what trolls do. Just saying.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
I was not previously falimilar with the term. But yes you are correct. I viewed some of his MANY posts on ecf and it the same repetitive questions phrased slightly different.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I was not previously falimilar with the term. But yes you are correct. I viewed some of his MANY posts on ecf and it the same repetitive questions phrased slightly different.

There are only 3 kinds of people that do this:
1. Trolls
2. Lazy People
3. People who like attention

I think this one is a bit of all 3. Trolling the forum because he is too lazy to do simple searches and digs the attention of the responses received by posting vague, played out questions.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
no clue how to use the internet.

And THAT is the thing that absolutely begs belief. The internet's been around for 20+ yrs now, and someone only 42 yrs old DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO USE IT??? Yeah, right. I started on the internet in '99, and I was quite a late-comer; 20 yrs ago, a 42yr old would have been 22 -- prime age for anything online.

Andria

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
This is my first time posting to one of his many threads. He has to be trolling. He constatntly wants to know what others think of his setup, coils, rda's, but 'is set in his ways' & doesn't really want any advice.

He also says he's 40?! No fucking way! I don't even think he's old enough to vape...

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I have seen people do this in other forums (not vaping) but the premise is the same. Sometimes to create chatter, others to sow discord and some just to be annoying. Its shit posting.

Get a question like "Is Purple better than Red", "Does the day follow the night or does the night follow the day" insert any open ended thing here. Its all the same.

Grandpa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really haven't been aware of this guy up until now, but I don't spend all my time here nor do I read every post. But I am on other forums where this is a commonplace occurrence as to this type of posting. On one agricultural forum there are 2 guys who have been there for many, many years who post constantly like this in an effort to gain attention. They ask the same questions over and over again and NEVER take any advice they are given. Due to the nature of the forum, this behavior is allowed, but it is not tolerated. These guys get severely beat up on a daily basis and they complain bitterly but they keep doing what they do so I tend to believe they like the attention.

The only way to deal with an attention whore is to completely ignore them, but it is impossible in practice.

Asbestos

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have seen people do this in other forums (not vaping) but the premise is the same. Sometimes to create chatter, others to sow discord and some just to be annoying. Its shit posting.

Get a question like "Is Purple better than Red", "Does the day follow the night or does the night follow the day" insert any open ended thing here. Its all the same.
Reds better than purple and the day follows the night. Hope that helps .

As for the op, I think everyone with an opinion is at least partially correct .

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some vapers only know how to charge the mod and put the juice in.

In a Local B&M Vape Shop near me just about every time I am in there someone has them change a screw in coil for them at $5 a pop or so. All they know is how to fill it and charge it. Doesn't surprise me at all.

Last edited:

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Reds better than purple and the day follows the night. Hope that helps .

Thanks for clearing that up, now if I could just sort the chicken and the egg business and figure out why the chicken crossed the road; all will be right with the world.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I knew failing physics wasn't my fault!

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know the OP so I can't comment on the seriousness of the thread but I'll answer the question.

I have preferences to the wire I use to make my coils but when it comes to building an atty I build according to the build deck. The space available tells me what size to make the coil(s) inner diameter and number of wraps. The amount of airflow factors in as well.

Last edited:

PropperVape

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started on tanks, then went to rdas and then to tanks with mesh coils but now I’m on mtl vaping, pods and looking for a good mtl rta but nic salts ftw !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm also a stick-in-the-mud vapor. VT133, Aromamizer Supreme, SS 24g wrapped 7x around the same (forget what size) bit, organic cotton wick, 40W 420F, and 100% VG with caramel from Flavor Apprentice and a dash of Nic from Nude Nic. Every once in a big while I dig into my flavor box and mix up some oatmeal cookie, RY4, Red Licorice, or some other thing, but after a tank I'm ready to go back to caramel.

If I could find an authentic Milky Way bakery flavor that didn't have one of the many ingredients on my no-no list... OK, in truth I'd like to just eat Milky Ways all day and night. But vaping is less fattening. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm also a stick-in-the-mud vapor. VT133, Aromamizer Supreme, SS 24g wrapped 7x around the same (forget what size) bit, organic cotton wick, 40W 420F, and 100% VG with caramel from Flavor Apprentice and a dash of Nic from Nude Nic. Every once in a big while I dig into my flavor box and mix up some oatmeal cookie, RY4, Red Licorice, or some other thing, but after a tank I'm ready to go back to caramel.

If I could find an authentic Milky Way bakery flavor that didn't have one of the many ingredients on my no-no list... OK, in truth I'd like to just eat Milky Ways all day and night. But vaping is less fattening. :)

Which is exactly why it was "blueberry muffin" flavor that got me off tobacco flavors. :D But I haven't found any good ones, since Sweet Vapes stopped selling their house juices. I was able to customize the PG, so I could get 80% or 90% PG, but nowadays all you can find is high-VG. :(

Andria

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Which is exactly why it was "blueberry muffin" flavor that got me off tobacco flavors. :D But I haven't found any good ones, since Sweet Vapes stopped selling their house juices. I was able to customize the PG, so I could get 80% or 90% PG, but nowadays all you can find is high-VG. :(

Andria

You are an experienced vaper, why not just make your own? Can buy PG and VG and mix the ratio anyway you like.I am sure blueberry muffin is an easy bakery flavor to find. I'd suggest you buy a few different varieties of it as they vary from vendor to vendor. If you go this route, I recommend Nude Nic for your nicotine .... super clean and comes with the lab test sheets to prove its purity.

I haven't bought commercial ejuice in many years, but when I was trying flavors I was always able to choose the PG/ ratio along with the nic level. I'm sure some vendors still do this, no?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You are an experienced vaper, why not just make your own? Can buy PG and VG and mix the ratio anyway you like.I am sure blueberry muffin is an easy bakery flavor to find. I'd suggest you buy a few different varieties of it as they vary from vendor to vendor. If you go this route, I recommend Nude Nic for your nicotine .... super clean and comes with the lab test sheets to prove its purity.

I haven't bought commercial ejuice in many years, but when I was trying flavors I was always able to choose the PG/ ratio along with the nic level. I'm sure some vendors still do this, no?

I've tried many times, and I just can't make a good blueberry muffin flavor with the flavors I've so far tried. So I gave up and tried something i'd never bought commercially, strawberry & cream, and that was a WILD success, so I've just stuck with it; I haven't vaped anything else I've liked as well, so it's been my ADV since Dec 2014.

But with the FDA's regs, having a customizable PG/VG level has gone the way of the dodo, pretty much. You might find 50/50 or max-VG, but you won't find truly customizable levels anymore, and I don't know anyone who makes ejuice with higher than 70% PG, which is still 50% more VG than I can deal with at all.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
There are still vendors that allow you to customize pg/vg. MadTown Vapor is just one of a few.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There are still vendors that allow you to customize pg/vg. MadTown Vapor is just one of a few.

Is their juice good? I never know anymore, it's been so long since i bought ejuice. Early 2016, best I can figure.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Is their juice good? I never know anymore, it's been so long since i bought ejuice. Early 2016, best I can figure.

Andria
It's good if you aren't used to diy. Especially good for new vapers, sweet and you can get up to 4 flavor shots. I liked quite a few of their juices. The customized mg and shots were a huge pro.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's good if you aren't used to diy. Especially good for new vapers, sweet and you can get up to 4 flavor shots. I liked quite a few of their juices. The customized mg and shots were a huge pro.

Hmm. I might need at least one flavor shot; I still mix at around 23.5% flavoring. I think I still need so much flavoring because of my ultra-low wattage. But I dunno if the sweetness would appeal to me; the biggest change in my mixing from when I started, when I was less than a year off smokes, to now, is that I use no sweetener at all (as opposed to the 2.7% I used at first). OTOH, if i was gonna vape some blueberry muffin, it would be something for occasional use, since I really prefer my DIY strawberry & cream for all day/everyday use. It's just now and then, I kinda wish I had something a little different, just to shake things up a little. And I've tried and tried to make some myself, and just can't get the flavor right. I try to stick with diketone-free flavors, and most blueberry flavors I've checked out, other than those from TFA, do have some form of diketones. Ditto that problem with most of the blueberry muffin ejuices I've looked at. You can get that "bready" kind of flavor from acetyl pyrazine, so I dunno why so many places insist on using diketone-type flavorings. I realize that the danger is probably slim to none, but when you're an asthmatic hypochondriac, it's just better to avoid diketones as much as humanly possible.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Hmm. I might need at least one flavor shot; I still mix at around 23.5% flavoring. I think I still need so much flavoring because of my ultra-low wattage. But I dunno if the sweetness would appeal to me; the biggest change in my mixing from when I started, when I was less than a year off smokes, to now, is that I use no sweetener at all (as opposed to the 2.7% I used at first). OTOH, if i was gonna vape some blueberry muffin, it would be something for occasional use, since I really prefer my DIY strawberry & cream for all day/everyday use. It's just now and then, I kinda wish I had something a little different, just to shake things up a little. And I've tried and tried to make some myself, and just can't get the flavor right. I try to stick with diketone-free flavors, and most blueberry flavors I've checked out, other than those from TFA, do have some form of diketones. Ditto that problem with most of the blueberry muffin ejuices I've looked at. You can get that "bready" kind of flavor from acetyl pyrazine, so I dunno why so many places insist on using diketone-type flavorings. I realize that the danger is probably slim to none, but when you're an asthmatic hypochondriac, it's just better to avoid diketones as much as humanly possible.

Andria
Have you tried to search for a recipe on elr? There are quite a few over there that mix diketone free. Hate spellchecker when chatting about vaping.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you tried to search for a recipe on elr? There are quite a few over there that mix diketone free. Hate spellchecker when chatting about vaping.

I have, and I just did again, but they all seem to use shit like that vomitous cake batter flavor -- it's gotta have diketones, because it smells positively RANK -- I couldn't even keep it by putting it into a ziplock of its own, it stunk up the whole damn drawer! So I finally just threw it out, and GOOD RIDDANCE! That's one of the nastiest things I've ever smelled.

I don't have the patience to go through 87 dozen recipes looking for ONE that doesn't have some objectionable ingredient.

Andria

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Lol I'll try to remember to do a bit of research Andria.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't have the patience to go through 87 dozen recipes looking for ONE that doesn't have some objectionable ingredient.

LOL! I hear you. Always a chore to buy bakery flavorings for the same reason, though TFA does a good job of noting diketones. I have a list of all the stuff I don't want in my vape and double and triple check every time I buy flavoring... but after spending way too much time doing that (some years back), I settled on my fave few bakery flavors (without said poopy ingredients) and bought ginormous bottles of them. So happily have not had to do that in awhile.

But good thing you found your Strawberry & Creme. We all need at least one really good vape we're happy with. :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL! I hear you. Always a chore to buy bakery flavorings for the same reason, though TFA does a good job of noting diketones. I have a list of all the stuff I don't want in my vape and double and triple check every time I buy flavoring... but after spending way too much time doing that (some years back), I settled on my fave few bakery flavors (without said poopy ingredients) and bought ginormous bottles of them. So happily have not had to do that in awhile.

But good thing you found your Strawberry & Creme. We all need at least one really good vape we're happy with. :)

Actually I created that S&C recipe, after doing that tedious looking at multitudes of recipes and finding none without some of the diketone ingredients -- but after looking at so many recipes, I kinda had an idea about proportions, which clearly helped a great deal. Also, at that time i was at ECF, which has a TERRIFIC TFA thread, and many in that thread are proponents of the "high flavor mixing" technique, to avoid steeping -- it's hard to know if a mix is good if you have to wait 2-3 damn wks just to taste it! High flavor mixing is not popular around here AT ALL; most around here use so little flavoring (5%-10%) I can't understand why they bother with flavors at all, they might as well vape unflavored. But it worked great for me then, and even now, 4 yrs after quitting smoking, my S&C is still 23.5% flavoring.

Andria

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
[...] -- it's hard to know if a mix is good if you have to wait 2-3 damn wks just to taste it!

Yeah, that's not the way I roll. :) I mix my juice in 120ml bottles, 3 at a time, and when it runs out, I mix new batches to refill them. Each 120ml bottle lasts about 10 days.

High flavor mixing is not popular around here AT ALL; most around here use so little flavoring (5%-10%) I can't understand why they bother with flavors at all, they might as well vape unflavored. But it worked great for me then, and even now, 4 yrs after quitting smoking, my S&C is still 23.5% flavoring.

Methinks taste buds are like everything else. Varies between people. I only use 5% flavoring myself. Then again, some flavoring is so strong (like an Espresso I have) one drop in 120mls is almost too much for me. When I do try making new recipes (which I haven't done in ages) I use a dripper to test the taste. But steeping? Only thing I steeped (just cuz it took me a long time to go through it all) was the Capt Black extract I made into juice. Took me a couple years to polish those batches off.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I go from Drops to up to 15⅝ or more all depends on what the recipe is and what flavorings being used. I have an RY4 that is so strong 1 extra drop makes it too strong. Can't go by someone who makes only one recipe with mostly PG.......

Thanks

Last edited:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, that's not the way I roll. :) I mix my juice in 120ml bottles, 3 at a time, and when it runs out, I mix new batches to refill them. Each 120ml bottle lasts about 10 days.

Methinks taste buds are like everything else. Varies between people. I only use 5% flavoring myself. Then again, some flavoring is so strong (like an Espresso I have) one drop in 120mls is almost too much for me. When I do try making new recipes (which I haven't done in ages) I use a dripper to test the taste. But steeping? Only thing I steeped (just cuz it took me a long time to go through it all) was the Capt Black extract I made into juice. Took me a couple years to polish those batches off.

Yeah there are some flavors that MUST be used quite sparingly -- pretty much any tobacco, and I know that FA and even a couple of TFA's are REALLY strong. But I got into the high-flavor mixing specifically to avoid the steeping, and for that, and for that particular recipe, it works great! Now I can mix it at less than 24% because I know I like it and will vape all of it, so I keep 2 60ml bottles in rotation (58ml in each, to leave room to shake) -- when one is half gone, then I mix a fresh batch in the other, and it gets to sit on the counter "steeping" for about 5-6 days, since each one is about 10 days' worth of vaping.

Andria

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
pretty much any tobacco

Not true since I have Tobaccos I mix at 15%. Since you don't vape Tobaccos and only Strawberry Cream how come you feel you can be an authority on stuff you do not even use??? :crazy:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not true since I have Tobaccos I mix at 15%. Since you don't vape Tobaccos and only Strawberry Cream how come you feel you can be an authority on stuff you do not even use??? :crazy:

I do mix it, for my son. And I vaped tobacco flavor when I started, I just got over it really fast. But my son still likes some tobacco flavors, and since he's a full-time student, not employed, he can't be buying a lot of commercial ejuices... so I mix some for him.

Andria

ETA: a much better question is, why do YOU feel that you're my corrector, on every single thing that I post about anything? Just not much to do?

VU Sponsors