Become a Patron!
Hey all, Im pretty new to the forum and this is my first post but I've been fiddling around here and there for about a year now. I've recently gotten into claptons and have been getting pretty decent at making them. I recently made a fused clapton using 24g n80 core wrapped with 36g a1 kanthal. I have it built on my velocity RDA with 4/5 wraps using the dna200 lavabox. it vapes great, but I heard that when using ni80 the ramp up time is almost instantaneous! Im not sure what I did wrong but it takes about 1-2 seconds before it start glowing. I'm wondering if I did something wrong or if it takes a few hits before it ramps up more quickly? any input would be great!

Attachments

• IMG_0382.JPG
    IMG_0382.JPG
    980.3 KB · Views: 34

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The first hit unless using more watts for pre-ramp, will take a bit more time, after the coils are hot they wont need as much to get them to the desired temp...Thicker wire requires more time and power to heat up and cool down, just a thought. Resistance also takes a play when discussing different wire types, that build in Kanthal will be of higher resistance then NI80, NI80 will ramp up faster.
Nice build though!

The first hit unless using more watts for pre-ramp, will take a bit more time, after the coils are hot they wont need as much to get them to the desired temp...Thicker wire requires more time and power to heat up and cool down, just a thought. Resistance also takes a play when discussing different wire types, that build in Kanthal will be of higher resistance then NI80, NI80 will ramp up faster.
Nice build though!
Cool thanks for the input clears up any questions i had!

VU Sponsors