Become a Patron!

Just wanna try vaping but can't...

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
Hi totally new here for starters but also kinda new to the whole vape type stuff in general so not sure if this is where to post this type thing so I'll keep it very non specific at 1st...basically I tried ordering my first vape products from 2 separate companies both online & both were unsuccessful again (no joke) I can't get a legit company to mail me legit products if my life depended on it it would seem anyway. But 1 company hasn't shipped my order now after placing it 9 days ago so that's the 1st issue & they won't contact me back AGAIN btw not same company tho, & my other order diff company has turned into a complete disaster. That started off good fast shipping etc but upon delivery I noticed I was shipped menthol juice & confirmed I didn't order it, but the 5 bars of puff magic were indeed too good to b true sadly. They all turned out to b counterfeit bars. What makes it worst was the only reason I heard about the great deal was from my email subscription I've got with a pretty well known reputable place who r known for spreading their knowledge of awesome vape deals but this time they sent me to 2 diff places both essentially at this point ripping me off cuz no1 will respond to my multiple attempts to try resolve either issue amicably. Paypal Mastercard has my dispute so who knows what will come of that esp considering they r not that into vape products or being inv in these to begin with but they issued a MC for those of us still interested in buying vape stuff online so I did. The other payment was thru a visa I've yet to start that crap on their but will be. Anyway b4 I go bad mouthing companies I wanted to make sure this is the place to do so becuz I don't want other new vapers or any1 period getting ripped off like I just did by these folks and I know the counterfeit bars r still on there avail to buy & they've solve almost 100 more of them things since I ordered mine....soooo needless to say I'm still sucking on my death sticks so to speak & no closer to starting to try n quit the things with vape cuz I can't seem to even get there. Frustrated but can't stand the FDA being so non vape I feel like they r totally missing the entire point of all this was for us adults to quit the habit we got but it seems they just made it impossible for ppl like me to try n quit smoking which was the entire point I thot of all this ...just stupid I think personally. I've got screenshots of anything I've talked about in case proof is what someone needs here but just b careful out there all I can say at this point.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
What were the 2 places you ordered from?

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
Flawless Vape Shop and Perfect Vape. Flawless sold me the fake counterfeit bars & wrong item menthol juice not reg them wouldn't return my attempts to reach them thru every channel possible but they don't have a VM even setup on their main phone no business type msg nothing basically that would lead u to believe they were legit wish I would've tried calling prior I would've never ordered just on that alone. But Perfect Vape charged me the day after I placed my order with em & I haven't heard a peep other than a standard auto reply type msg saying their overworked really busy rt now cuz of all the recent red tape I guess & they will ship my stuff in 10 days tops but nothing & it did say expect a PKG shipped msg but I got nothing from them either it's been 9 days I did send em a msg nothing back haven't done anything past that cuz after dealing with the bs from Flawless u could say I'm outta breath at the moment need to go at that on the 10th day I suppose it just try n cancel the order if I can who knows....I don't mean to talk badly about companies usually don't do reviews but this was total bs both of them. I ordered from stuff from Grass City at the same time & already got their order they kick ass btw!! Love them so far!! But yea just sucks....but flawless sold like 100 units of the fake bars since yesterday still have em ava it's just B's. Cuz me being ripped off shoulda shut that down yet there on there & waiting. I reported it to puff but if there's a place to do this all elsewhere just point me there I'm happy to just so no1 has it happen again.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Praise publicly, & castigate privately. I have been happy ordering items from VU members over the past six months, or so. All orders have shipped as soon as they could, all product is as stated and in good to excellent condition. :)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
You smoke and want to quit using vape. Great!
Said you're kinda new to vape stuff. Does that mean you've vape something before? Even if it was someone elses? Anything? What does kinda new mean?

There's so many different ways to vape...What made you decide puff bar?

If the cost of a solid chance at quitting cigarettes cost you the price of a carton of cigs, or even 2 cartons, would you go for it if you were comfortable with the chosen vape gear?

Do the research, talk to vapers, ask questions, plan for success. [not sales reps >including vape shops, online ads/suggestions].

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
Not to nitpick here but fig attaching screenshots just so ppl understand it ain't no joke not is this anything but legit ....but I saw they charged me tax twice I think not sure if that is normal on vape stuff but whatever at this point right lol
Praise publicly, & castigate privately. I have been happy ordering items from VU members over the past six months, or so. All orders have shipped as soon as they could, all product is as stated and in good to excellent condition. :)
I g0habe a feeling your opinion on the subject would change significantly had they ripped you off but they are still selling their made in China puff bars as of yesterday adternoon. This is the ONLY way in which to inform ppl so they don't keep ripping people off and that is priceless believe me to new people looking at this form of method to try to quit smoking a very eetioa & deadly habit. But the important key here is I didn't make the choice here, they did by not responding to many attempts to try & resolve this matter with me (& I mean many attempts thru many diff methods no less). But that was their choice to ignore ignore try & resolve this privately & honestly. Ehe. They did not do this, I had no choice to try a different method. But forgive me here if I'm incorrect in saying that this type of bs ends up screwing the legit businesses over 2ho are trying to do. He right thing which ultimately they r the ones we want operating but want to keep operating so that we can benefit from their products being avail in the USA cuz if they continue to do crap to people, it only ends up ruining it for everyone else trying to conduct legit operations as a business but these days, any bad press should b avoided. Ripping or stealing from consumers thru their business operations is the exact opposite of the type of shit ya want in your court so to speak so I would think everyone even Valera would not want to encourage this type of behavior at all becuz it will ultimately screw us all if it doesn't stop. That was my point & my intent going thru with this post publicly.
But as I said I was actually lead here by a reputable subscription service I receive weekly and have purposely not named them here becoz I haven't given them a chance to respond to it but will if they do not correct their ads sending people their in there but I'm assuming they want what I want to continue to do business with legit companies not this type crap. They I'm assuming r just an unknowimg party at this point. But I honestly am not losing sleep over the $30 some bucks I lost here however I am overr the fact that 80 some units of this B's have sold after I looked just yesterday. I'm not cool with any1 getting ripped off if I know they will be. Sorry it's just how I was brought up. I don't need to know people to want to protect them from what did happen to me but that's totally wrong but also illegal becoz their failure to respond to my attempt to fix this, the "Made in China" print found on all the boxes I recd in the mail, & the simple fact these are being "clearanced" even after I reported this to them multiple ways privately I might ad is exactly why I can assume they do not care but they know they r doing this & it's total bs. U would feel the same if it were you that got ripped off. But if u found out bunch of us did & kept it hush I'm also guessing you would feel differently as well so it is what it is. I'm a private person this isn't how I do things but I'm not gonna sit here while they keep doing it to ppl nor will I help protect them in conducting business in a way that will ultimately add to ruining the whole vape product availability bring annoption in the US as we have already lost much of our right to buy this stuff & I don't think that's ok period.
Apologies for the length of this but I am not into proofing & editing at this point. I am sorry tho for what it's worth.

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
Said you're kinda new to vape stuff. Does that mean you've vape something before? Even if it was someone elses? Anything? What does kinda new mean?

If the cost of a solid chance at quitting cigarettes cost you the price of a carton of cigs, or even 2 cartons, would you go for it if you were comfortable with the chosen vape gear?

Do the research, talk to vapers, ask questions, plan for success. [not sales reps >including vape shops, online ads/suggestions].
I have a suorin drop been trying to fill it with ejuice to no avail becoz the other product I ordered thru Flawless was filled incorrectly & they sent me menthol which I did confirm again was not what I ordered but to get anyone to care over there is likegetting crickets to..pountless. I got to try the drop & liked the throat hit enough to actually see quitting smoking might actually be possible. I like well I love smoking cigs which might b why I can't quit to save my life...literally. Addicts r always told u must want to quit so if I like it this much it means I don't want to quit sorta I guess so it's been a difficult road to go down for me personally cuz I love smoking in just hate thinking of dying from it one day & don't care for the smell or things that come with that like judgements in the workplace etc so I always in the back of my mind. I finally purchased a drop from an online ma & pa shop before I really knew who was reputable etc but luckily I did good they were excellent folks over at Hoosiers remarkable to work with & their prices were off the hook awesome no less I dont think they do online sales anymore sadly. That was a few yrs ago. My delay has been getting ejuice to put in the thing & my lack of knowledge in the products I should buy for it. I started reading about PG/VG ratios & battery explosion warnings & eventually got frustrated at all the info I was reading so I just quit trying threw my drop in the drawer until recently. My bfs brother been smoking disposable Juuls for quite some time & loved him so much he actually quit smoking cigs. When I found this out I started back researching the world of vaping again. That's when I learned about them being pulled off the market & why. Puff bars came in to the mix as being the next best thing & seemed to be avail still to buy. Becoz of their success stories backing them up, it seemed like a no brained there. And with all the info I saw on the warnings behind the vape devices but I honestly again got super frustrated cuz I was inundated I felt by just info & mass amts of it from tanks mods best products reputable products legal vs not legal fake products to be careful of etc I mean it's crazy to someone brand new let me tell ya but its an overwhelming amount of info to someone brand new I guess to me it was so I again gave up on the vape device cuz I didn't feel like I ad a handle on how to even use it let alone not blow myself up from the damn thing ya know so I went with the disposable route. I happened to see the email deal like i said from that one reputable vape place that let's ppl know of ongoing deals for u and saw puff bars on clearance as one listed so I thot perfect that's my chance to try this out try to quit smoking and that's how Iended up in the place I'm at now. That's my knowledge on the topic as well in a large nutshell which I apologize for and I'm not naming the subscription ppl becoz I'm guessing they wouldn't be cool with knowing someone they referred ppl to is actually knowingly filling folks off and I haven't given them a chance to respond to this so I left them out of here purposely. I also appreciate the help getting me into vaping as it was totally overwhelming after researching months before deciding only 2 b frustrated and go with disposable. I'm not done with it just yet but now even more want to get the vape device or just some juice to put in mine I got.
The ejuice subject I also did mass research on. Whether it's accurate who knows what I basically found out was that 2 companies in the US were or seemed safer to choose than any other company based on a few factors it mainly their willingness to b transparent on the ingredients they out in their juice. Those 2 being vaporfi & naked 100 among a cupl others. I chose these 2 cuz I found juice in these brands that were higher on the no mg strength of atleast 30-50 mg nic salt flavors I felt that was probly what is need at first after researching it. And that company hsppened to have both the bars avail & at a great price and the juice I wanted with high enough nic in it. That's the just of my experience valing.

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
I'm sorry but what the heck is a VU Member don't mean to be hella retarded here but it is what it is so I had to ask... I clearly missed the day we learned about cool vape acronyms so I apologize :/

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I g0habe a feeling your opinion on the subject would change significantly had they ripped you off

No. I simply don't continue in business with anyone "ripping me off". I then do not suggest them to others. People catch on to those I do not suggest, or who I do suggest.

they are still selling their made in China puff bars

Correct me if wrong but are they all not made in China anyway?

I was actually lead here by a reputable subscription service I receive weekly

People can make mistakes, matter of fact we got prisons loaded with them. All of history can show plenty of examples as well.

Had someone make a mistake in giving me medicine this morning, too. I had expected this person not to make such an error as they work for the government. Oh well, life and mistakes happen.

Is there any reason to hold on to the negative of it? I rather focus on the positive and give gratitude for that. Everybody knows people screw up. It's wonderful though when they don't. That's news worthy imho.

My point is if you live then you know mistakes happen. Why let that get to you? It is pretty clear even you, or I will make a mistake as well. If you keep holding on to the negative it'll eat you alive. Yes, I've been there and done that. Unable to keep doing it.

I'm fond of a Japanese philosophy about mistakes. Don't blame, instead fix the problem if you can. If not leave it be and let time sort it out.

In short if you want to vape, vape, don't try, just vape.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I chose these 2 cuz I found juice in these brands that were higher on the no mg strength of atleast 30-50 mg nic salt flavors I felt that was probly what is need at first after researching it.

Only here offering a suggestion as one who has vaped 5-8 years now. You might consider trying 18mg/ml that's 18 milligrams of nicotine for 1 milliliter of ejuice. This is what I've consistently used and stayed off cigarettes by and large.

I've had a few back slides, usually not really by choice though. Might be out and have a mod have an issue, or a battery lose charge. I then bum a few drags off someone's cigarette. I don't smoke a full cigarette though. No longer desire that. I want my vape, damn it. :)

You can get 18mg in "freebase" ejuice too. Some will tell you salts is "smoother", or whatever the latest marketing buzz is, ultimately though no much difference exists. You're still getting your nicotine if that's what you need.

You might try 18 mg and find it's too much too. You can more readily go to lower strength with "freebase" juice, even dilute and mix different strengths to get lower. A lot on the forum use 3mg or 6mg for sub ohm vaping. I've just always used 18mg.

By the by, you can call me, ... "Ben, Harry, Buddy, Joe, Fred, "Hey You", M3, asshole, friend" ... don't call me late to supper. :) If you do well you lose being able to call me asshole and friend. Sorry, got to have some kind of standards. *chuckles*

Last edited:

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
A person visiting this forum, who requests membership. That includes yourself. Welcome by the way. :)
Awwww ok gotcha ty ;) And hey thanks btw! I didn't by any means expect open arms after my intro all flying in here crazy like after the shit show I went thru recently but I haven't given it up just yet & this type of stuff is why so thank u means more to me than ya probly think these seemingly lil things but they're massive game changers sometimes to real ppl like me so gacious!! ❤️

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Awwww ok gotcha ty ;) And hey thanks btw! I didn't by any means expect open arms after my intro all flying in here crazy like after the shit show I went thru recently but I haven't given it up just yet & this type of stuff is why so thank u means more to me than ya probly think these seemingly lil things but they're massive game changers sometimes to real ppl like me so gacious!! ❤️

Aw, well piss son, reckon I ought to put my billboard up pointing out us real people now. :) Figured though real people gonna know they own.

And yeah, I get you wanting to get word out over dicks screwing folks. There is another way though. If you stop talking on 'em those dicks they lose money because nobody sees 'em. You talk about all the good 'uns everybody sees 'em and spends money for 'em. See how that works? ;)

"Hold your fire. Keep your power. Give that power only to those deserving it. A dolla is the vote, is the power."

Or to borrow from Yolandi Visser "Fuck the system, got my own system."

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
No. I simply don't continue in business with anyone "ripping me off". I then do not suggest them to others. People catch on to those I do not suggest, or who I do suggest.

Correct me if wrong but are they all not made in China anyway?

People can make mistakes, matter of fact we got prisons loaded with them. All of history can show plenty of examples as well.

Had someone make a mistake in giving me medicine this morning, too. I had expected this person not to make such an error as they work for the government. Oh well, life and mistakes happen.

Is there any reason to hold on to the negative of it? I rather focus on the positive and give gratitude for that. Everybody knows people screw up. It's wonderful though when they don't. That's news worthy imho.

My point is if you live then you know mistakes happen. Why let that get to you? It is pretty clear even you, or I will make a mistake as well. If you keep holding on to the negative it'll eat you alive. Yes, I've been there and done that. Unable to keep doing it.

I'm fond of a Japanese philosophy about mistakes. Don't blame, instead fix the problem if you can. If not leave it be and let time sort it out.

In short if you want to vape, vape, don't try, just vape.
Ur totally badass btw for the info it's nice to read it from someone instead of some dang article online it's crazy out there massive info with no real regulator either so it's interesting to say the least but it's nice to have landed where I have so it's so totally appreciated trust me & I hate ppl talking shit about any1 online about anything period or in person I'm Italian it's just part of my chem makeup I think cuz it's under that naughty section on snitching that we learn real young that ya just don't for any reason ever yea I'm all about loyalty etc but it drives me crazy knowinging it's still going on like nothing happened to others like me & shouldn't or hopefully will stop soon. Becoz our intentions r totally coming from the best place possibly then after that crap happens it's hard not to go cyber bad freaking out calling alars etc I did my best to not get 2 loud but in also strongly felt it wasn't my choice it was all theirs to make it was fair playing field but if ppl r gonna end up saying anything like this what's the point of ya doing say the who ? There just isn't one for me esp me being that newbee doing her diligence or so i thot in every which way possible all to have it happen to me in the end regardless. If I had read this it wouldn't have is why I guess. Norm I'm a watcher not a participator unless it's killing me to not speak up 4 whatever reason which is why I did. So I do appreciate the support & the info finally from a human being u have no idea how crazy cool that feels after almost a year of non human info & reading it all holy hell it's just a lot. I just got into the sub ohm section of the training manual I mean just like barely get it but I know the drop I got is not a subohm I think ....did I get it right?!!! Haha

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
Aw, well piss son, reckon I ought to put my billboard up pointing out us real people now. :) Figured though real people gonna know they own.

And yeah, I get you wanting to get word out over dicks screwing folks. There is another way though. If you stop talking on 'em those dicks they lose money because nobody sees 'em. You talk about all the good 'uns everybody sees 'em and spends money for 'em. See how that works? ;)

"Hold your fire. Keep your power. Give that power only to those deserving it. A dolla is the vote, is the power."

Or to borrow from Yolandi Visser "Fuck the system, got my own system."
While I may not agree entirely I totally think ur rad for explaining it like u just did so thanks man u rock in my book

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year

Dude I'm pretty sure I replied thinking to the actual thread but I'm not seeing it so it's in here someplace my answers I wasn't ignoring ya just got a fairly old archiac tablet here that's a nightmare when it comes to interacting online with folks. I keep telling it i don't need any help looking like a half a tard these days yet it just keeps trying to do exactly that so apologies I did try to answer ya up there somewhere 4cwhat it's worth ✌️

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
From what I've seen of it the Drop RDA does look to be a good one. I don't have one myself but I'm sure there's plenty on board here that do.

As to sub ohm-ing you can buy yourself already made coils that for the most part are the ohm rate they advertise. You might find some with a little variance. Most are machine made but got folks minding them to catch errors.

Or, you can learn your own coil winding. You can use a regulated mod to check to see you're getting the coils right. I like not going below 0.30 ohms just as my own choice. I use mechanical mods mostly and with a single 18650 battery, so that''s kind of my "keep it safe".

Hm, got Scot, German, Native all mixed here. I'm a 100% American mutt. :) But yes, still understand a lot of the principles you hold, got them as well. Vaping don't care though. *chuckles* It's for all o' us. I smoked over 35 years, used snuff, chewed. Got away from it with vaping.

Sure I swapped one habit for another. Oh well, this one is a lot better. Wife give me the best reason. She told me, "might want you stickin' 'round longer." Figure I'll get to sleep when she runs out of jobs for me to do. They going to need to fetch me for my funeral.

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
Ya know in hindsight how bad can made in China bars really bar after all I've been smoking the legit so to speak brand name cigarettes forever & I don't gotta list why that's not cool nor safe in the least bit. And I'm guessing just a hunch tho that them things r about as safe on the safest shit u can inhale if there was one so whatever .. But that's just crazy really when ya put that in ur pipe & smoke on it a bit ain't it?! For lack of a better way to say it anyways... Things that make ya go hmmmm

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But that's just crazy really when ya put that in ur pipe & smoke on it a bit ain't it?! For lack of a better way to say it anyways... Things that make ya go hmmmm

Aw hun, you got no idea. Wife she got me trying thos Njoy ecigs, the quick stop dollar cig-a-likes. I tried them but they just didn't sate like a cigarette. So, a year or two later she got me an eGo style battery and Rm2 type tank to try.

Something looking akin to the below.

rBVaGVX6iGSASrloAAExr278ocQ605.jpg

I used a few kits like this until she got me a kit similar to this one, with an Innokin MVP3. Don't know the vendor here, only pointing to an example. Used the MVP3 kit and those Aro/Rm2 style tanks for about a year.

A buddy started private messaging me that I had to try squonking. He was sure I could even use a mechanical mod. He had seen that I was a bit disappointed with "tanks" and suggested the squonking and an RDA. Been doing that ever since & really like it.

There's all kinds of different styles of vaping gear to suit anybody. I never could see the idea of this "stealth" vaping. If you do that's fine and keep on if it's what you like. For me though the big old handful of a mod and reasonably modest clouds are the way I enjoy.

Got two mods that are made in the UK and probably a lot more made in China. I have a few regulated ones but I'm always using mechanical mods. The regulated ones are my back ups.

But yes, it is kind of odd to think "oh gee, I'm dragging off something that looks like a toy." At the same time, it isn't a toy and you have to treat it with that respect. You also can enjoy nicotine without it causing cancer, without tar lungs, no more smelly hair, discolored nails & fingers.

It is a trade off and one I'm glad to have made. :)

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Personally, I like using RDTAs on mods since I can build my own decks, and they don't leak. I have some for squonking as well. When it comes to tanks with proprietary coils, you never know when you will never be able to get them anymore.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a suorin drop
I think ginger is talking about the small pod called the drop (not the RDA) but maybe I'm wrong.
I understand your frustration (just went through hell with the DMV and insurance co trying to get my driver's license back) I also got screwed by an online place once (totally sent me the wrong order... not even close to what it supposed to be) I was lucky, not only did they fix it by sending the correct stuff, I asked were is the return shipping thing and they said "just keep the coils... someone can use them" so I bought a tank that uses those coils. I once ordered coils from e-bay (never again) 2-3 coils out of each 5 pack were defective. Shit happens... nothing wrong with a quick venting but don't go on and on about it.
Now you know VU is Vaping Underground and next time ask around and we will help you find what you need and from a reputable source. I so hope you work this out and get off the smokes... don't worry if you have to vape and still smoke a few too (it took me awhile to completely quit) Also, once you get a device you like, try to get another device (a "backup") ASAP (as soon as possible) If you have an issue or your batter dies... whatever, it's good to have another device ready to go (it's so easy to just run down to the corner store and buy more smokes) This happened to me twice before in my early days of vaping. Heck... even when I had 3 devices somehow all of the batteries died at the same time. I resisted that urge to give in/give up and just waited until one of them got enough charge to vape. Hang in there. If you must, get a quick rant in but keep this in mind... in the end it's hurting you more than them.

ginger1276

Member For 1 Year
Yea this is the absolute awesomest most beneficial site I've been on in a hella long time and yup my device thing it's the simple plain easy to refill little suorin drop gadget that takes the 50 50 juices which I learned after reading like 50+ website pages of crazy amounts of info but I did pull that outta there retaining it for atleast long enough to bow sound half smart to vaping lol and I also learned if I wanna get a throat hit and buzz like close to inguess the cigs, I'd need to aim for the stars on the MGs of nic that's in it cuz I won't have alot like 30mg but 45 or 50 mg to b happy or to work well initially esp cuz I'm still a pkna day maybe 1/2 no less tho I'm slowly going that route just so I don't completely freak out and bail inkjow myself & change usually isn't successful gorcje but abrupt change well thats just crazy talk there lol so I'll get there I think I'm excited for the only time ecercnot forvlavknif attempts at quiting other ways but this is finally that time I can actually maybe see it happening so that's the raddest about it all really. But after spending some time in here my gawd u all r some amazing people but ur knowledge expertise n shit is really something remarkable but ur ability to help ppl like me about a week but even as farcbaxk as a year even more is priceless I just had no clue about this and have no clue how I got here that's the best part...that's how much "research I did" yea it was a ridiculous amt all to land in the place I was trying to avoid. But I think my focus entirely from some wisdom I've heard here is I was focused on the wrong thing the entire time I should've been always on me quitting nothing more even if it meant getting a few bucks jaked it simply isn't worth taking your eyes off the prize that being quitting a shitty habit. I get not going on n on it was kinda tight exactly when it happened j mean that day when landing in here somehow so venting was more of what u saw but it is what it is and I feel much better after it so I appreciate all u alls time it's truly amazing the help you give to ppl unknowcur shit good place good info ya just don't find that online anymore ever. The only problem is how I got here and where this glorious place was chilling at when I really needed it so any chance if imtoving some advertising on this whole shindig is totally necessary it's the shit this place love it totally what I searched for quite a while toys all the answers but there's ppl actually behind the answers that's just craaaaazzzeeeey & cool as heck ty all btw it's been a real cool visit helped a ton already

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yup that's the one btw but I wanted to take a peek at what the RDA situation is so ty for the link!

It helps to think of this.

altoids-vvmod-40d-14709.JPG

Yep it's a functional mod made out of an Altoid's tin. The rda could be, ...

xl_83081-S_l.jpg

All you need to do is add a positive & negative terminal, ground via the side and a coil would fit & function in a thimble just fine. If you add regular maintenance, cleaning a kit like that could last years, or decades.

Most people though don't want a mechanical device. So they get ones with on board computer chips. Then, they bitch & moan after said chips go kaput as they're designed to flaw out rather quickly. Planned obsoleting is in fact part of modern manufacturing & marketing. Why else are mods being pumped out at $30 or less a pop? Keep you buying.

Anyway not getting into that beyond observing it exists. It is what it is, right, wrong, good, or bad. Me? I use mechanical devices most of the time. Got a few "regulated" ones I use once in a spell. I prefer mechanical. To RDAs, I like single coil ones over dual coil ones. I prefer a simple single coil build too. See where I'm going with the whole simple bit yet? ;) :)

That's me though, go forth and find your way. I'll be happy you do. :)

VU Sponsors