Become a Patron!
I have the nickel coil in my kangertech subvod mega tc and when I tap the power button 3 times to go into tc mode, it works. Then when I take a hit nothing happens, no smoke, no sound, nothing, but the green light comes on like it's working, but no smoke or anything. I can switch to fire mode and it will work with nickel coil and I have smoke, but in the tc mode (green light) I get nothing. But the funny thing is the odd time it sometimes will work in tc mode, but it's not a cool sensation, it's actually hot or warm like its in fire mode, but the green light is on. I can't get an exact time or pattern when it will work or not work. But majority of the time in tc mode it will not work. Can anybody help me with this please as I have no idea whats going on.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What exact coil are you running in the TopTank Mini that came with your MOD Kit?

These are the available coils ---
  • Kanger SSOCC Atomizer head - 0.5Ω/ohm
  • Kanger SSOCC Atomizer head - Clapton - 0.5Ω/ohm
  • Kanger SSOCC Atomizer head - 1.2Ω/ohm
  • Kanger SSOCC Atomizer head - 1.5Ω/ohm
  • Kanger SSOCC Atomizer head - Ni200 - 0.15Ω/ohm (Nickel Coil for temp control devices)

Based on what you are describing, it is the Ni200 0.15Ω coil. It should have the blue o-ring at the bottom as pictured.
Is this correct ?

upload_2017-3-26_2-5-45.png

If you have operated this coil in wattage mode, you may have melted the wire to the point that it no longer will function properly in TC (Temp Control) mode. I would suggest trying a different coil and/or replacing this coil.

As stated, there are many different coil options available. My preferred coil in this atty is the 0.5Ω Clapton Coil. The flavor output is very good, however you can only operate it in wattage mode, not TC.

That is the correct coil. But when I first got the mod kit I used the TC mode and it was not working at all, I even changed coils multiple times and no success. I the green light will come on when vaping in TC mode, but no smoke or any sound indicating it's working, only the green light.

thanks for your help, but if there any more tips on getting it to work properly I'm all ears.

VU Sponsors