Become a Patron!

Kayfun [Lite] 2019 Thread...

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thye make some really high end atties too if I have the right outfit.
You're thinking of Vaponaute. Very nice gear, indeed! They made a mod with Wismec/Joyetech called Le Petite Box.
LPV has a killer rewards program (1€ off for every 10€ spent) and free international shipping over 50€. Scored the Kayfun for 51 USD shipped because they had a double rewards event (got 22€ off!) and it arrived in six days.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're thinking of Vaponaute. Very nice gear, indeed! They made a mod with Wismec/Joyetech called Le Petite Box.
LPV has a killer rewards program (1€ off for every 10€ spent) and free international shipping over 50€. Scored the Kayfun for 51 USD shipped because they had a double rewards event (got 22€ off!) and it arrived in six days.
Yeah, I WANT that Le Turbo, but not for 145 bucks LOL! I did see clones on Fasttech though.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@dubya314
I definitely want to know your impressions of the XS pin. I would only suggest to give it a tank to maybe grow on you :D Maybe.

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@dubya314
I definitely want to know your impressions of the XS pin. I would only suggest to give it tank to maybe grow on you :D Maybe.
For sure. I'll give it a little bit. I gotta start over. I got so pissed at trying to get the o ring on top of the chimney under the extention piece, I took it off. You can now spin the tank section while it's full, so you can imagine how well that works :facepalm: I did get a few pulls in before the leaking started, boy it's tight even with the screw all the way out. Not in a bad way......

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For sure. I'll give it a little bit. I gotta start over. I got so pissed at trying to get the o ring on top of the chimney under the extension piece, I took it off. You can now spin the tank section while it's full, so you can imagine how well that works :facepalm: I did get a few pulls in before the leaking started, boy it's tight even with the screw all the way out. Not in a bad way......
They have this secret formula for making airflow smooth no matter what shape it is. That little vertical slot is just as smooth as the bigger horizontal one in the standard pin.

There are a couple irritations with the 2019, but not too bad and well worth it.

What happened? The o-ring came off the extension piece? Why was that so hard to get back on?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They have this secret formula for making airflow smooth no matter what shape it is. That little vertical slot is just as smooth as the bigger horizontal one in the standard pin.

There are a couple irritations with the 2019, but not too bad and well worth it.

What happened? The o-ring came off the extension piece? Why was that so hard to get back on?
No, it's what I warned you about a while back, and remember having all kinds of fits with my clones. There is an o ring on the top of the chimney and one on top of the extention. So the extention screws onto the chimney, but also over that o ring. It wants to pinch it as you are threading it down. Idk if I ever got any of my clones on right, and maybe won't with this either. It's hard to see even when you do pinch it, but I know and it drives me crazy. I'll get some pics when I jack with it again. Kiddos wanna watch toy story 4 :gaah::giggle:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, it's what I warned you about a while back, and remember having all kinds of fits with my clones. There is an o ring on the top of the chimney and one on top of the extention. So the extention screws onto the chimney, but also over that o ring. It wants to pinch it as you are threading it down. Idk if I ever got any of my clones on right, and maybe won't with this either. It's hard to see even when you do pinch it, but I know and it drives me crazy. I'll get some pics when I jack with it again. Kiddos wanna watch toy story 4 :gaah::giggle:
I'll have to take mine apart and look. :wait:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@gsmit1 , got one going with the XS, one without. Doing a lot of playing and moving around, trying to get the fullest comparison.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, here is where I am at with the XS pin. I reserve the right to change my opinion whenever and however I want ;):) I like the XS pin just fine, but all the way open. I can't tell a difference in flavor or performance. I can dial the regular pin down to meet the XS open, and may (at times) want more, therefore the stock pin seems to be the way to go for me. I will leave it in the one I have it in, but be glad I have others to go more open with. Glad I bought and tried it, but really not seeing a gain for me.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, here is where I am at with the XS pin. I reserve the right to change my opinion whenever and however I want ;):) I like the XS pin just fine, but all the way open. I can't tell a difference in flavor or performance. I can dial the regular pin down to meet the XS open, and may (at times) want more, therefore the stock pin seems to be the way to go for me. I will leave it in the one I have it in, but be glad I have others to go more open with. Glad I bought and tried it, but really not seeing a gain for me.
If I'm reading you right, you're saying that your sweet spot falls in the overlap between the two pins so that you can get it from either one.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I'm reading you right, you're saying that your sweet spot falls in the overlap between the two pins so that you can get it from either one.
Basically yeah. Perfect for me would be a touch more af than the XS wide open. But that's being as picky as I possibly can.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forgetting what it's even about, that's an incredibly well done video.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VaporDNA has the Lite [Plus] 2021 kit on sale for 109. XMAS15 gets you 15% off and free FedX 2 day shipping over 75 bucks.

I shouldn't have, but I ordered a 24 and another 2021 deck to use in my other ones. 135 bucks shipped. I know how quickly these things sell.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Curious to hear the difference in the lite and lite plus.
It is better. And different in a way I can't quite put my finger on, but it is. SUPER smooth like always, but it has this different... something/feel to the airflow.

Flavor is noticeably, but not dramatically better too.

Like I was saying about the XS pin. I always thought airflow adjustment right under the coil would be best and this is it. You can take it from closed off to a loose mtl right under the coil with the twist of the adjustment screw.

There's a couple guys over at POTV who swear that the "pro" pin is even a hair better. When they get over here, I'll grab a couple, but I'm a bit skeptical about how much difference the little hole in the middle of the pin will make. Maybe.

It's not like anybody will be suffering with the 2019 deck, but this one I have to say, is actually noticeably better.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with Brusardo's conclusion, but they must have changed o-rings because my bell cap chimney ring fit right in, even dry.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Curious to hear the difference in the lite and lite plus.
My answer to a guy asking about the difference between the 21 with the stock pin and the 19 with the XS pin at ECF.
===========================
I run the XS pin in my 2019s as well. I also don't have the "pro" pin for the 21s yet so I'm stuck with the amateur pin for now
:)

You can get as tight as you want with the stock pin in the 2021 plus. The difference with the "pro" pin is going to be the hole in the middle. In other words, the "pro" pin will make the airflow maybe different, but not tighter.

In fact with the stock pin you can close the airflow off altogether. All the way closed with the "pro" pin will still leave the middle hole open.

It's not night and day, but I have to honestly say that the 21 with the stock pin is better than the 19 with the XS pin. IMHO anyway.

It's like taking A+ vape quality up to A++ with some structural improvements as well. The new airflow system is undeniably an upgrade in general from the 2019
=============================
The 21 deck and airflow is better. It's not better enough to where anybody with the 19 is is languishing in obsolescence at all though. It's not revolutionary imho, but it is an upgrade. The airflow is easier to deal with and is a bit more versatile. MAYBE a hair smoother.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
20210108_192645_cr.jpg
=================================
A few thoughts to this same guy about the difference between the "pro" pin and the stock pin in the 21.
------------------------------------------------

i don't think I'd say it's objectively better or worse. I will say that for somebody who likes their mtl vape very tight it's better. It's better for ME because that's how I like my mtl vape.

When I put the first one in, I did a side by side comparison with my other one with the stock pin. Same level of restrictiveness. The pro pin is a hair quieter and smoother at the tighter end and gives a hair better flavor too. Of course I don't have a flavometer I can hook up that will give numbers on something like this, but that's my honest subjective sense..

For somebody who prefers a more open mtl vape, I don't think it will make much difference. Maybe, but not much. When the pin is in tight enough to where you only have a small amount of air coming around it to the coil, the hole puts that additional stream of air right on the middle of the coil. Once it's opened much more than that you largely lose the benefit and distinction of the middle hole in the pro pin.

That's my humble opinion. They're inexpensive enough to be worth trying if somebody's not sure whether they would prefer it or not.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One pro I forgot to mention for the 21 plus is that you can change the pin on the fly without having to even open the tank.

With the 19 you have to take the deck out and unscrew the pin from the deck. Not that anybody will likely be swapping out pins very much, but worth mentioning.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And now for today's free tip.

The o-ring on the bottom of the deck that seals the deck area from the airflow CAN indeed wear out, thus causing terrible flooding and by extension therefore, possible involuntary committal to an institution of mental rehabilitation if not discovered in a timely enough manner. (I JUST made it btw)

You're welcome.

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And now for today's free tip.

The o-ring on the bottom of the deck that seals the deck area from the airflow CAN indeed wear out, thus causing terrible flooding and by extension therefore, possible involuntary committal to an institution of mental rehabilitation if not discovered in a timely enough manner. (I JUST made it btw)

You're welcome.
Haven't used any of mine for some time (other than the one that has an insert there) for that reason. Haven't found a suitable replacement.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haven't used any of mine for some time (other than the one that has an insert there) for that reason. Haven't found a suitable replacement.
I gotta have my Kayfuns. Which came initially recommended from some guy on this forum btw. :)

This one was driving me outta my mind. It just started doing this. It's the black dlc 25 with the plus deck in it. Swapping out that o-ring fixed it. It was just flooding and slurping with little vapor production.

This is an authentic Kayfun for Pete's sake. Recognized as one of the greatest mtl atomizer families of all time, AND ain't cheap due to high end build quality .It's not supposed to flood.

Thankfully I have spares galore, but it took forever for me to think of using one of them. All good now.

VU Sponsors