Become a Patron!

Kayfun [Lite] 2019 Thread...

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have three Kayfuns. They vape nicely. But the Dvarw is better and the new cheaper Pioneer is as good. Not knocking Kayfuns. I use all of mine - mini V3, Prime and Light.
The Dvarws are WAY outta my price range though. In fact 75 bucks for this Kayfun was already way outta my price range. Before the stimulus checks the most expensive atomizer I'd ever bought I think was 30 dollars.

The Pioneer does look really good. I saw Todd's review.

Now that I have most of this initial mind fuddling outta the way, I'm thrilled with the performance of the [Lite] 2019. It lives up to my high expectations.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not surprisingly, my Kayfun parts are "arriving late" according to the USPS tracker.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When you get the extention (mind you mine are clones), I lube the o ring on top of the chimney up pretty good with VG, or the little piece you screw on there kinda wants to pinch it.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you get the extention (mind you mine are clones), I lube the o ring on top of the chimney up pretty good with VG, or the little piece you screw on there kinda wants to pinch it.
Thanks. I will definitely look out for that.

I just found out on the FT forums that the bubble tank sections for the OFRF Gear rta work on the 24mm KFL 2019.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just found out on the FT forums that the bubble tank sections for the OFRF Gear rta work on the 24mm KFL 2019.

Please don't.
giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep. This is tight.
The stock pin:
big1.jpgbig.jpg

----------------------------------------------
And the XS pin
small.jpg
small1.jpg

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah. The o-ring in the spares kit that goes between the pin and the inside of the base is the right size btw.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is that your subtle way od saying there's no difference? View attachment 165607
Nope, not at all. I actually find it hard to pinpoint a desired af with the screw. Luckily, I love it wide open and just leave mine that way. This actually has me thinking about trying one dialed way in, to see If I like it and would maybe want the pin.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope, not at all. I actually find it hard to pinpoint a desired af with the screw. Luckily, I love it wide open and just leave mine that way. This actually has me thinking about trying one dialed way in, to see If I like it and would maybe want the pin.
It's mainly the smaller hole at the top that I was after. There's no 2 ways about it, this is tight proper mtl right here. If that's what somebody wants. I had the stock one closed off about halfway and it seems that the XS pin is about that wide open and goes tighter from there.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Super smooth man. I think it's the indented concave cup around the slit/hole. If you look close you can see the nylon grub screw in there.

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Super smooth man. I think it's the indented convex cup around the slit/hole. If you look close you can see the nylon grub screw in there.
I wonder if it is compatible with clones? Idt they cloned that pin.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if it is compatible with clones? Idt they cloned that pin.
Hmmm I don't know. They're not that much and you can get em stateside. Though if you're happy with yours probably no point. I just wanted to see how it was.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe I'm imagining things and I did rewick it while I had it apart, but the flavor seems a bit better too.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IF things go how I hope, I just found another authentic SS 24 with the ice bell cap, barely used for 50 bucks.

EDIT: Or maybe not. I just saw that somebody beat me to it, but he hasn't been answered. :headbang:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IF things go how I hope, I just found another authentic SS 24 with the ice bell cap, barely used for 50 bucks.

EDIT: Or maybe not. I just saw that somebody beat me to it, but he hasn't been answered. :headbang:
Bummer, maybe you'll still get lucky. That's a good deal.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, interesting @gsmit1 , mine came with no O ring installed under the deck, just the insulator thingy
15977934180221401954794.jpg
There are a couple in the parts bag, but they are way to big.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no idea what's goin on here.

I have a 22 and a 24 and neither one has that piece in the base and both have o-rings on the pin.

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea what's goin on here.

I have a 22 and a 24 and neither one has that piece in the base and both have o-rings on the pin.
Yeah, the one I use to have didn't have that piece either. Some of my clones do, some do not. Wtf is going on? I'm gonna try it without an O ring. The pin sits really tight in that white piece.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my first one from VaporDNA and the 22 used to be yours @R3alJim Shady

I couldn't believe Roadside would sell clones as authentics. They have clones, but they clearly say that on the site.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't understand.
There is two O rings in there about the size of the ones they use under the deck. That's what i thought they were, but the drip tip has 2 O rings. These are replacements for the drip tip.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There is two O rings in there about the size of the ones they use under the deck. That's what i thought they were, but the drip tip has 2 O rings. These are replacements for the drip tip.
Right. I got like 4 spares kits from pizzadave. The internal ones should work on either size I think.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got my first one from VaporDNA and the 22 used to be yours @R3alJim Shady

I couldn't believe Roadside would sell clones as authentics. They have clones, but they clearly say that on the site.
This whole vape gear thing is starting to get a little incestuous ?
My new one came from Le Petit Vapoteur in France. Messed up that I have to order vape gear from France since Cuomo banned flavors and online sales in New York. If it weren't for my kids we'd have moved a long time ago.

VU Sponsors