Become a Patron!

Keep a word/ drop a word

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Foot Tracks

I really, thinking of this post reply should take some pictures to share of some of our animal tracks I see when out. I often see kangaroo and wallaby ones, some reptile ones. But I swear, true, I saw what where large cat track paw prints several weeks ago.
We have no, zero big cats here in OZ.
But I had, a great Aboriginal friend that is now gone. Loved him as a mate/friend. He taught me a lot. He was convinced that big cats, that were from two things. This...
And he was living on the Victorian Goldfields as I am.
That big cats, Pumas or American Mountain Lions live here.
In the Goldrush days the English brought here, and is true, big cats from other countries to hunt as sport. True, I read what he and others showed me "there were let go as sport, some didn't go far and were easily shot, but others were very difficult to find. We dont think we found them all. We think they perished!"
Also Americans came here in the early 1900s bringing with them American Mountain lions.
True.
But reports still to this day crop up of livestock torn apart in the range/mountain areas.
I used to think hmmmm really!?
But I swear I have seen big paw prints myself in some of the more remote places I have searched detecting. I once was so spooked in one place I couldn't get back to my car quick enough.
Just 3 weeks ago in one of those places, and like I said, I now know tracks, I saw huge paw prints, no claws, all our native wildlife have claws, feral dogs have claws, just feral cats show prints without them. But these were big, and I mean big, like a huge dog, but no claws.
These prints were from a seriously big cat! I told the misses when I got home what I saw.
I have zero doubts that they exist here.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Foot Tracks

I really, thinking of this post reply should take some pictures to share of some of our animal tracks I see when out. I often see kangaroo and wallaby ones, some reptile ones. But I swear, true, I saw what where large cat track paw prints several weeks ago.
We have no, zero big cats here in OZ.
But I had, a great Aboriginal friend that is now gone. Loved him as a mate/friend. He taught me a lot. He was convinced that big cats, that were from two things. This...
And he was living on the Victorian Goldfields as I am.
That big cats, Pumas or American Mountain Lions live here.
In the Goldrush days the English brought here, and is true, big cats from other countries to hunt as sport. True, I read what he and others showed me "there were let go as sport, some didn't go far and were easily shot, but others were very difficult to find. We dont think we found them all. We think they perished!"
Also Americans came here in the early 1900s bringing with them American Mountain lions.
True.
But reports still to this day crop up of livestock torn apart in the range/mountain areas.
I used to think hmmmm really!?
But I swear I have seen big paw prints myself in some of the more remote places I have searched detecting. I once was so spooked in one place I couldn't get back to my car quick enough.
Just 3 weeks ago in one of those places, and like I said, I now know tracks, I saw huge paw prints, no claws, all our native wildlife have claws, feral dogs have claws, just feral cats show prints without them. But these were big, and I mean big, like a huge dog, but no claws.
These prints were from a seriously big cat! I told the misses when I got home what I saw.
I have zero doubts that they exist here.
Fresh Tracks

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Cloud Chasers

I once made a joke about me being a cloud chaser on another vape forum yrs ago.
A guy asked how many of us/them were cloud chasers.
I said how I was but gave it up after nearly falling off a cliff once chasing one.
He went off at me and I thought he was joking. I replied how luckily I didn't mention I once was a flavour chaser and gave up after the icecream truck I was running after suddenly braked and I ran into the back of it breaking my nose!
He went ballistic!
It became known as the Dave incident and when anyone there went off for no real reason a Dave alert was issued! :giggle:

Ooops I just got ninja'd.

Air Force

VU Sponsors