Become a Patron!

Keep a word/ drop a word

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Speed Limit

Whats the maximum speed limit in the US?
In our state its 110 kph. But there are places in northern states that they are open. I gotta check if its still law, but when and maybe still are, a friend travelled on a highway going to Darwin I think it was in a Ford Shaker GT at 180 kph. He could have gone faster but thats what he did.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Outer Limits

1963-1965-The-Outer-Limits-1000x826-900x640.jpg

Where I live the speed limit is 75 miles per hour. I have been on highways in Texas where the speed limit is 95 mph. However, that was in the middle of winter when driving at that velocity is not recommended.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Outer Limits

View attachment 187692

Where I live the speed limit is 75 miles per hour. I have been on highways in Texas where the speed limit is 95 mph. However, that was in the middle of winter when driving at that velocity is not recommended.
A year and a bit ago when I got my new ride I thought "yeah put in sport mode and smack it"
I was a few ks out of town so thought "yeah let's hit it".
My car is not a high powered in any way. But its engine trans management system does a pretty cool job punching above its weight.
I was at above 1....😙
Backed off and by the time I saw the Blue Red lights flashing I was well over. Im gone bad limit.
The Cop from here saw me raise my hand as "sorry, ok, im done"..
He shook his finger to say "got you, dont do it again"
I pulled over expecting a $300 fine and him pull up. He drove on.
He let me off. It was a lose your licence speed for 6 months.
I haven't done it since.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Empire State (New York)

Weird thing happened to me, the rental car I had this week here in California had New York plates on it. How did an in town (non airport) Avis get a car from New York?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Empire State (New York)

Weird thing happened to me, the rental car I had this week here in California had New York plates on it. How did an in town (non airport) Avis get a car from New York?
Hi, how far are they apart those places? Im guessing far.
I last year heard of a Taxi driver saying he got a fare from here in Victoria to somewhere several thousands of kilometres away. Cant recall how much the fare was but an example from here is, which I do maybe once a yr when my backs bad and really need to go somewhere like the Drs 1.5 kilometres away, which I think $3 was for the flagfare, $10. So 1.5 ks cost me $7.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I last year heard of a Taxi driver saying he got a fare from here in Victoria to somewhere several thousands of kilometres away. Cant recall how much the fare was but an example from here is, which I do maybe once a yr when my backs bad and really need to go somewhere like the Drs 1.5 kilometres away, which I think $3 was for the flagfare, $10. So 1.5 ks cost me $7.
It's approximately 3000 miles from CA to NY

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
1636679097686.png

1636679145252.png

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Was gonna google it but prefer to ask real people. Thats a seriously big distance!
We once drove about that, 30 yrs ago, and we made numerous stops doing it.
Id not to like paying that.
I think we are done doing those miles/ks now too.
Glad we did our OZ traveling back then. :giggle: Can't be bothered with more than a day drive now.

VU Sponsors