Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mine is "cracked" as well. Maybe they're supposed to be in 3 peices? I have no idea.
Gonna rebuild it and see how it goes.

Oh I also put some paper towel up the 510 hole and it came out soaked in juice.

75c9f463ef9322fc01a98c1a0fbfa388.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Your guess is as good as mine on those cracks. As long as it stays insulated. Could it be a leak point? Because that's the positive that has to be connected to the pin somehow - right?

I emailed VaporDNA and they'll probably respond Monday.
Also emailed VV with all the pertinent attachments. I'm thinkin' waiting game with them:wait:

The 510 hole?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Leaked again. Look at the airflow, dry as a bone.

7bdbe894e20d6264a0ff06ddfc0362d4.jpg

fefcc141315fc978236daf9cfbf52c07.jpg

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Your guess is as good as mine on those cracks. As long as it stays insulated. Could it be a leak point? Because that's the positive that has to be connected to the pin somehow - right?

I emailed VaporDNA and they'll probably respond Monday.
Also emailed VV with all the pertinent attachments. I'm thinkin' waiting game with them:wait:

The 510 hole?
Let me know what they say.

I took the 510 pins out and put paper towel in it.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And what's up with this? Looks like the airflow isn't lined up.

e27b2e984f7c254a3f828a829b97adf9.jpg

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
And what's up with this? Looks like the airflow isn't lined up.

e27b2e984f7c254a3f828a829b97adf9.jpg

Mine lines up.
So, instead of milling it they want to cheap out with a plastic af insert instead of charging a few more $ that we would all gladly pay for better build quality.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine lines up.
So, instead of milling it they want to cheap out with a plastic af insert instead of charging a few more $ that we would all gladly pay for better build quality.
Ugh :( I emailed myvpro and vandy vape as well.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Sorry to hear this for you both hopefully they send out replacement decks like they did for the original

As I said same old shit ...blast from the past

CD97777E-7A62-433E-9AEF-57464D07FDE0.jpeg

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Went to element vape to see what the reviews were saying and all the reviews are for the original kylin smh

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Went to element vape to see what the reviews were saying and all the reviews are for the original kylin smh
They really should have called it something else. IMO refine the knurling to something smaller and not so Gothic looking and you have something not even close to any Kylin. Many companies have honeycomb, slotted, and or U shaped af decks.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Any chance we could rename the thread to drive more traffic here?

Need to ask the OP really or create a new one mate

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If your liquid saturates your coil and cotton and that layer of saturation makes contact with the vent floor, it could eventually make it's way out of the air ports.
This is what I like about FP RTA (don't own it). The AF portion of the deck is raised, and there's room between the base of the deck so your wick isn't riding the edge of AF.
FP DECK.png

I'd really like to see a single coil RTA with some of these same designs.
Different post and on one side, drop leads in from top into ovals so flat leads don't get tweaked, easy and can bring the coil down to the AF as close or far as you please.
And smaller + more U shape AF to surround the bottom 1/2 of the coil.
I think that would be killer :)

@Mrwordsworth would you mind a thread name change so we can get more feedback on this RTA? We could start another, but there's a lot of info here already ~

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I just received and responded to a surprise Saturday reply of my email to VaporDNA.
Miguel asked for pics, to see about assisting, so I sent it along with explanation.
I'll update when he does.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VaporDNA is going to send me a label and take it back. There's a couple different avenues I can take with this refund process, depending on if I want another or not. Haven't decided.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I've done more investigating. The thing about Rip is his camera work and it shows you everything in detail.
Also looked at SMM's review as well as Vaping w/Vic and the results were the same.
So I'm having second thoughts about returning my KV2, since it doesn't short or seem to have an AF problem.
ripdeck5.12.png
The part between the cracks (seams) must be a 2nd top part of the peek that gets installed after the main part of it, because looking through the wicking port with a magnifier, I don't see any seams along the bottom of the peek - where juice lives.

Last edited:

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I haven't heard back from myvpro since yesterday. Nothing from vandy vape

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally heard back. Sending mine out for an exchange tomorrow. (they didnt give me the option of a refund)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Good to hear something is moving forward. Should have had option though...

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Well, hell. Par for the course so far.

VV did reply to my eamil the otherday and said even though VaporDNA would take care of it they would if I wanted. Then said it would take weeks to get parts from overseas, which is like saying ok but we want to steer you to the e-tailer because we don't want to send you a replacement.

But the slide is easier since I rinsed it clean, might have been something there, but haven't wicked or used it again yet.

Branpro

Member For 4 Years
I literally almost just bought a V2 today at the local shop. I loved the performance of the V1, but stopped using it due to leaking like a mo fo. I was hoping they learned and fixed the issue. Damn, good thing I held back for once lol. Appreciate your feeeback on this, it may save some more people from a headache.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I literally almost just bought a V2 today at the local shop. I loved the performance of the V1, but stopped using it due to leaking like a mo fo. I was hoping they learned and fixed the issue. Damn, good thing I held back for once lol. Appreciate your feeeback on this, it may save some more people from a headache.
I really hope they're not all like that.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I rewicked it today, tighter in the port. Pretty tight, not packed hard but tight enough to expect dry hit. It wasn't. Using 3ml glass I vaped it dry and part of the next fill, then had a small juice ring on the mod. I don't think more wick will stop the seep.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I rewicked it today, tighter in the port. Pretty tight, not packed hard but tight enough to expect dry hit. It wasn't. Using 3ml glass I vaped it dry and part of the next fill, then had a small juice ring on the mod. I don't think more wick will stop the seep.
Can't believe more people haven't chimed in. I thought about picking one up at a vape shop today but that's as far as it went.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Can't believe more people haven't chimed in. I thought about picking one up at a vape shop today but that's as far as it went.

Me either ...how many reviewers have reported this?

Do you know it would have been easier if they separated it properly and not called it V2 as it brings up too many irrelevant results in search engines ...(maybe that was their plan? :huh:)

I had the same issue, did countless coils (lower/higher/bigger/smaller) and wicks (less/more cotton, shorter/longer tails) and eventually after half a tank or less I would find liquid around the airflow and the base. I finally gave up and returned it to VaporDNA.
I figured the issue is that the juice condenses on the airflow post and the U shape acts as a ramp where it start going down the airflow holes at the bottom below the coil. You can see that the juice collects on top of the airflow posts. They should have raised the bottom airflow holes slightly to divert the juice to the wicks.
VaporDNA is testing it and if they don't see the leak they will charge a 15% restocking fee.. which is fine since it would have eventually leaked into the mod. What a disappointment!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I had the same issue, did countless coils (lower/higher/bigger/smaller) and wicks (less/more cotton, shorter/longer tails) and eventually after half a tank or less I would find liquid around the airflow and the base. I finally gave up and returned it to VaporDNA.
I figured the issue is that the juice condenses on the airflow post and the U shape acts as a ramp where it start going down the airflow holes at the bottom below the coil. You can see that the juice collects on top of the airflow posts. They should have raised the bottom airflow holes slightly to divert the juice to the wicks.
VaporDNA is testing it and if they don't see the leak they will charge a 15% restocking fee.. which is fine since it would have eventually leaked into the mod. What a disappointment!
Lets say, that they (Vapor DNA) says, it doesn't leak. Do you pay the return label fee?
I'm still wicking around on mine. Today was keeping all the wick / tails no wider the yellow lines. I thinned it pretty good thinking it would maybe help keep wick from touching top of deck. Then put more wick down in the port and its pretty tight there. Still seeps. 1 last trick then I won't care if they keep 15%. I can put balance towards Juggerknot Mini or Peacemaker RTA maybe, which is what I should have done to begin with. Getting tired of these middle of the road attys not measuring up.
kv2d.png

Lets say, that they (Vapor DNA) says, it doesn't leak. Do you pay the return label fee?
I'm still wicking around on mine. Today was keeping all the wick / tails no wider the yellow lines. I thinned it pretty good thinking it would maybe help keep wick from touching top of deck. Then put more wick down in the port and its pretty tight there. Still seeps. 1 last trick then I won't care if they keep 15%. I can put balance towards Juggerknot Mini or Peacemaker RTA maybe, which is what I should have done to begin with. Getting tired of these middle of the road attys not measuring up.
View attachment 126776
The email from VaporDNA did not mention anything about the shipping back fees, only the 15% restocking if they are unable to reproduce the issue.

I tried the thinning of the ends and line it from edge to edge (yellow lines) and did not help. It was not the case of flooding since I was not getting any gurgling but the more I packed cotton, the less flavor I got. Eventually, I got juice around the airflow slots and base.
I would take the 15% cut rather than having it in the trash or bottom of the drawer.

QP Juggerknot Mini looks good so far.. but I am not going to buy RTAs just based on youtuber's reviews, bitten too many times already.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
The email from VaporDNA did not mention anything about the shipping back fees, only the 15% restocking if they are unable to reproduce the issue.

I tried the thinning of the ends and line it from edge to edge (yellow lines) and did not help. It was not the case of flooding since I was not getting any gurgling but the more I packed cotton, the less flavor I got. Eventually, I got juice around the airflow slots and base.
I would take the 15% cut rather than having it in the trash or bottom of the drawer.

QP Juggerknot Mini looks good so far.. but I am not going to buy RTAs just based on youtuber's reviews, bitten too many times already.
I agree not flooding/gurgling/spitting. And I've now wicked it from loose to tight and dry and in between. Seeped every time.
I don't see how single coil mode is going to matter. I'll give it a go, but it's going to have to be perfect and better flavor than Mini for me to keep it. Otherwise they can have it back.

Last edited:

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know if mine is leaking because a got a little sloppy filling it up. The only other RTA I've had is a Kylin mini this is easier to wick but I felt I had a little too much cotton so I combed out the wicks a little. There is no juice coming out AF slots for sure

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if mine is leaking because a got a little sloppy filling it up. The only other RTA I've had is a Kylin mini this is easier to wick but I felt I had a little too much cotton so I combed out the wicks a little. There is no juice coming out AF slots for sure
I was thinking that was you that said you [pre] ordered it, and was wondering your experience. So you're getting seeping too? Easier to wick than Mini, but I got the Mini down on that. I cant stop the leak with wicking on KV2.

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was thinking that was you that said you [pre] ordered it, and was wondering your experience. So you're getting seeping too? Easier to wick than Mini, but I got the Mini down on that. I cant stop the leak with wicking on KV2.
Yea seems to be leaking around the bottom of AF ring. Didn't leak any just sitting on table overnight maybe juice with more VG would stop the seeping. I'm using 65% and 70%

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yea seems to be leaking around the bottom of AF ring. Didn't leak any just sitting on table overnight maybe juice with more VG would stop the seeping. I'm using 65% and 70%
My juice is 80% VG and leaks

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All the reviews just seem like crap and apparently didn't use atomizer long enough but I found a really funny one
Good flavor in my opion its not a beginner rta you have to know how to build coils and set them right. And where to open to fill wish the arrow was a little darker on the stainless steel version not sure it other color its darker or better able to be seen overall not a bad rta on and scale 1 to 10 id give it 7.5 it worth the money in my opinion

Ralph_K

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The leak/seeping showed up in the first tank I vaped!

This a disclaimer that if it leaks its you.. not the device

Are all the rest of Kylin V2 users not having this issue?
I thought if was funny because its not a beginner RTA because you have to build the coils but all RTAs you have to build the coils. That wasn't a disclaim that was the whole review.

I don't remember mine leaking until I combed out cotton a little so I'll try rewicking it. I had it a couple of days before combing out I didn't notice any juice under it.

VU Sponsors