Late Night in DIYland, take II

Frawg

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you for the images, that helps. And sorry for the numerous posts while at work - the internet was wonky today due to weather so it would show not posted, then 3 responses showed up all at once. Gah. Thank you kindly!

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Claire you are just south of where my son lives. I love that area.

Good location and affordable.

I'm ready to go back up north but that's not so adorable.

vaping one day at a time

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey, @ClaireW, you still getting rain too?

It started over here about 6. Was a good down pour till about 830. Looks like this area lucKed out compared to your side of town. My mom said Roswell road was a river. She's in sandy springs.

I looked on radar at about 830 abd it was covered from top to bottom of perimeter!

I had enough rain for now.

FrIend came over who lives in Duluth. We ate Mexican food. Then went to Woodstock. Free concert started around 830. We never walked over. Hung at blue frog and listened to live music from the bar across the street.

vaping one day at a time

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a good evening. The rain stopped here finally. Not sure what tomorrow looks like.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Besides saving buku money on juices with DIY, I truly believe that it allowed me to quit analogs as easily as I did.

For the first couple of weeks I was buying vendor juices, but none of them really satisfied me. I was looking for something else.

There was a cinnamon roll from a local B&M that I liked and that was my ADV for a while, but then I heard about Custard Notes and immediately stopped using it.

In came DIY. Not everything I've made has been perfectly enjoyable, but (almost) everything I've made has been better than the vendor juices I was vaping, or at least were with a couple of tweaks.

I honestly wouldn't have been able to do it without the help of the people over on ECF who eventually made it over here! The information I've gotten from the masters has been invaluable!

Muchas gracias to all those with better taste buds than I have! Who knows what I'd come up with on my own. Wait...I have an idea, and it was pretty horrible (without modifications suggested here!).

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sometimes I think I wouldn't mind working at a vape shop, but then I remember that I really don't like dealing with the public...

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like a good evening. The rain stopped here finally. Not sure what tomorrow looks like.

Looks like same gloom till tues. Wed and thurs shows morning lows in mid 60s.

vaping one day at a time

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
it took out one of my friend's bridges last night.. had just left there.. I got lucky..

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmm when I looked last night - cvs has saline with both sodium bicarbonate & sodium chloride and a bunch of other chemicals that I'm not sure I want to inhale. Sodium borate I think was one I saw. What department in CVS did you get your saline from? Ours had it in several areas with lots of different descriptions
Sodium chloride is table salt. Bicarbonate is basic on the ph table and is used to balance the acid build up of carbonic acid (CO2) in the bloodstream. Stick with chloride. Also, .9% SC is approved for inhalation in medical treatments, i.e.: nebulizer treatments.

Last edited:

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The one I got from Kroger was in the first aid section, called Saline Wound Wash. The ingredients listed are Purified Water, Sterile 0.9% sodium Chloride. That's it. It's in a can, squirts out a stream.
That be it!

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I followed the link. However, it does not specifically say the contents in the descriptions. It might be the same, but I wouldn't recommend it until verified.

I totally agree with you. Always double check!!! Y M M V !

I have a can sitting in front of me and it has the following printed on it:
USP Grade Water, USP Sodium Chloride (9 mg/mL).

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I totally agree with you. Always double check!!! Y M M V !

I have a can sitting in front of me and it has the following printed on it:
USP Grade Water, USP Sodium Chloride (9 mg/mL).
Good to go then!

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome back chowder! Were you for biz or pleasure?

vaping one day at a time

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Welcome back chowder! Were you for biz or pleasure?

vaping one day at a time
Pleasure! Well, with two teens, two tweens, and two kindergarteners it seemed like work!
Edit: Oh, and thanks for the welcome!

Last edited:

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
anyone here want to trade this - https://www.fasttech.com/products/1700500
its still brand new. never used. cleaned with rubbing alcohol & put it back in the box

for this + a couple of coils to go with it?
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kanger_Aerotank_with_Airflow_Control_p/kraet-k.htm

HI Claire,
You sure you want to do that?

If so, I'll probably take you up on that; my wife has converted to the KFLs and (I think) still has an Aerotank sitting on the shelf. I'll drop her a line and see if she still has it and if she wants to give it up. Can I get back to you this evening?

If you're second guessing this idea, take the KFL to the meet this weekend (are you still going?) and have someone help you fire it up. I'm pretty sure @Thunderball is going; and I know he's got the magic touch with the Kayfuns :)

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
HI Claire,
You sure you want to do that?

Yup. its been here so long I dont want to take the time to fiddle each time it needs rebuilt or in my case the first build.

If so, I'll probably take you up on that; my wife has converted to the KFLs and (I think) still has an Aerotank sitting on the shelf. I'll drop her a line and see if she still has it and if she wants to give it up. Can I get back to you this evening?

If you're second guessing this idea, take the KFL to the meet this weekend (are you still going?) and have someone help you fire it up. I'm pretty sure @Thunderball is going; and I know he's got the magic touch with the Kayfuns :)

No rush. Is the Aerotank you have new or like new?

I'm working on getting a ride down prob on friday if not then I'll shoot for Saturday or both. I'm random & last minute ;)

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I should be working but turned into a pinterest junkie :/

ClaireW

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pleasure! Well, with two teens, two tweens, and two kindergarteners it seemed like work!
Edit: Oh, and thanks for the welcome!

I'm sure was fun!
now you need a vacation after the vacation?

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have found the vendor I will be going through for DIY...

I am vaping on 100% VG BASE 24mg Nic...don't worry, it's been diluted.

This 100% VG BASE Nic is incredible, it is clearer than distilled water, it doesn't give a bite when you put a drop on your tongue, the vapor is amazing (running off of a 2.0ohm Long Barrel at 4.14v), and I am getting a great buzz from it. Oh yeah, it has no taste and or aftertaste.

Chowder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have found the vendor I will be going through for DIY...

I am vaping on 100% VG BASE 24mg Nic...don't worry, it's been diluted.

This 100% VG BASE Nic is incredible, it is clearer than distilled water, it doesn't give a bite when you put a drop on your tongue, the vapor is amazing (running off of a 2.0ohm Long Barrel at 4.14v), and I am getting a great buzz from it. Oh yeah, it has no taste and or aftertaste.
What vendor trip?

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They are amazing. That's what I started with. And bull city now carries it which is awesome but I did have great shipping from them directly

They're merely 4 hours away from me so that is awesome too but before I truly get into DIY, I must try all their Tobacco Blends!

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So...I was vaping on that 100% VG BASE Nic at 24mg and I was nic'd out for the longest...also, it was so cloudy in the room that I couldn't see my black laptop. I have been vaping since 2008 and this is the first vendor that has produced such quality/premium Juices/PG/VG/NIC/Flavor that I am literally in awe right now.

Let me take another hit of this 100% VG BASE Nic...

h29B46F2C

Tripster

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and check them out. I keep hearing how they're on par or better than WL.

Not only is the PG/VG/Nic/Juices/Flavors amazing but the Customer Service is phenomenal. Kevin is very friendly and knowledgeable, I had a talk with him for roughly 40 minutes since he called to ask me a few questions...I have never had a vendor call me...ever. I can't stop highly recommending Vapers Tek, they deserve it fully.

rowdyplace

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
wharzeverbodyat?

Rocketpuppy! It looks to me like you are going to have to appoint an attendance monitor.

Reactions: Ace

VU Sponsors