Become a Patron!

Latest purchase thread

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Also these are just wonderful in every way. A friend of mine was giving them to her kids, so of course I grabbed the box to look at calories. 155 calories each, nice controlled fun for a dessert or late evening snack. The whole top is covered in a white coating, like white chocolate but not as rich, so we'll just call it white coating, and under that of course the ice cream (main ingredient buttermilk). On top are cake crumbs. The ice cream is white, and tastes like vanilla to me, but it's supposed to be strawberry. In the center of each one is a strawberry swirl. In some of them it actually appears to be a piece of strawberry. Anyway that's where you get the strawberry flavor. The ice cream goes down all the way to the tip of the cone, and is stopped by a dot of the white coating in the bottom.

1653849188316.png

Altogether delicious, and I've been enjoying one a day.

But they're not as good as these, 130 calories each, but they're smaller than the bunnies:

1653849828659.png

The ruby cacao is touted as white chocolate from the cacao at a certain stage of development. Indeed I do not see any kind of coloring, artificial or otherwise, on the ingredients list.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Glad you got your pc going. SSD is the only way to go.

HDD/SSD is where everything is kept.
To do what you want it to do, processor instructs for what is needs.
Drive sends it to RAM. Processor works from RAM. RAM is the start of the fast lanes. Some data paths on MB are actually called lanes. HDD is the slowest part of a pc and is why SSD is the single best upgrade, regardless of processor or amount of RAM. RAM cannot hold data without the pc powered on. When it's powered off, data in RAM is written back to HDD or SSD.

HDD - "A typical 7200 RPM HDD will deliver a read/write speed of 80-160Mb/s".
SSD - "Solid-state drives can read/write speeds of around 550 Mb/s. SSDs can go even faster, provided your computer can handle it. A PCIe SSD can achieve anywhere from 1.2 GB/s to 2.2 GB/s - assuming you have a motherboard that can handle these speeds.
RAM -
1653851644171.png
PCIe lanes
1653851969987.png

Looking at megabits/megabytes/gigabytes shows how everything is so much faster than any HDD and why HDD is always the data bottleneck.

Windows has prefetch. It's kind of like remembering from last time, what you do. Prefetch "prefetches instructions before they need to be executed". IE, if the first thing I always or usually do is start Chrome. That process would be prefectched. With prefetch, pc is isn't always 'in the dark' on what your going to do until you hit the kb or mouse, or touch.

My SSD connects to MB via M.2 interface which is part of PCI lane but one can be added to a pci slot too. Both are better than a restricted Sata cable. I also have DDR4 3200 RAM.

But I cant change to W11. This is MS and Intel working together and it shuts out so many ppl.
1653854830440.png
I can add TPM 2.0 HW, but this chip is still great and more than I need, like the rest of the pc when I overbuilt it yrs ago. There are workarounds to get 11 installed but not that interested atm, even tho it would be free install even from MS.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Glad you got your pc going. SSD is the only way to go.

HDD/SSD is where everything is kept.
To do what you want it to do, processor instructs for what is needs.
Drive sends it to RAM. Processor works from RAM. RAM is the start of the fast lanes. Some data paths on MB are actually called lanes. HDD is the slowest part of a pc and is why SSD is the single best upgrade, regardless of processor or amount of RAM. RAM cannot hold data without the pc powered on. When it's powered off, data in RAM is written back to HDD or SSD.

HDD - "A typical 7200 RPM HDD will deliver a read/write speed of 80-160Mb/s".
SSD - "Solid-state drives can read/write speeds of around 550 Mb/s. SSDs can go even faster, provided your computer can handle it. A PCIe SSD can achieve anywhere from 1.2 GB/s to 2.2 GB/s - assuming you have a motherboard that can handle these speeds.
RAM -
View attachment 193770
PCIe lanes
View attachment 193771

Looking at megabits/megabytes/gigabytes shows how everything is so much faster than any HDD and why HDD is always the data bottleneck.

Windows has prefetch. It's kind of like remembering from last time, what you do. Prefetch "prefetches instructions before they need to be executed". IE, if the first thing I always or usually do is start Chrome. That process would be prefectched. With prefetch, pc is isn't always 'in the dark' on what your going to do until you hit the kb or mouse, or touch.

My SSD connects to MB via M.2 interface which is part of PCI lane but one can be added to a pci slot too. Both are better than a restricted Sata cable. I also have DDR4 3200 RAM.

But I cant change to W11. This is MS and Intel working together and it shuts out so many ppl.
View attachment 193777
I can add TPM 2.0 HW, but this chip is still great and more than I need, like the rest of the pc when I overbuilt it yrs ago. There are workarounds to get 11 installed but not that interested atm, even tho it would be free install even from MS.
Wow, you're terrifyingly knowledgeable. I'm sure I'll refer back to this post in the future.

Around fall 2018, I was reading about a Windows 10 update that was going to install a keylogger on your computer, so I fended off that update. There were several tech forums that told you how to do it, and people would reply that your computer would stop working to interface with the internet if you did it. Not true at all. Only the IE browser stopped working reliably. Didn't affect Brave, Epic Privacy Browser or Chrome at all.

So getting this new one, I figure the keylogger is in there somewhere. All of the tech forums say which things to turn off, like inking & typing and some other things, but I know that keylogger is in there, and it's my mission to find it and kill it. I killed Cortana, and killed Onedrive already.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You're right, but there is a correlation between RAM and HDD, in that the hard disk storage is always greater than the RAM.

You can Increase RAM with a couple of Chips but changing a HDD is another story. I am a Network Engineer so lets not try to Educate me about a PC. I just set up a new Laptop for someone sitting in the backyard drinking coffee in a couple of hours. That included all his Software and setting up his Email accounts, additional software programs, transferring files plus some Customer Desktop Themes to make his User Experience Special.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
284b195fe3e16aaeedae4cf458f5e0ae.dng

Yup… a shock.

Talked to Bobby Acuna at DVO Suspension about a T3-Air in 190x45… that if by chance they had any in stock not reflected on site… he goes… this was last week.

Well we have the new new Topaz 2 coming in any day…

Well this is the new new Topaz 2 for my Ibis Ripley…

Shame they didn’t get the new topaz 2 box inserts in

Really stoked about this and the Fork I ordered… (Also DVO.. Diamond D1 29 @ 140mm)

Otherwise… still alive… barely vaping these days… mostly when I have my morning coffee or up in the mountains on my bike, few puffs and back to pedaling.

Be rad everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My Last Purchase was 16 GB of Memory for my Laptop because I was having issues with viewing 19+ Video Streams from Security Cameras. MAX the sucker out is always the best course of action.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We had the living room AC go out just days before our vacation. We waited til afterwards to replace it, so the vacation wouldn't re ruined. We picked up a nice 10,000 btu unit today. It works so well that the outside temperature dropped from 118° to 88° since we put it in. It feels nice inside the house too.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
We had the living room AC go out just days before our vacation. We waited til afterwards to replace it, so the vacation wouldn't re ruined. We picked up a nice 10,000 btu unit today. It works so well that the outside temperature dropped from 118° to 88° since we put it in. It feels nice inside the house too.

That must be one HOSS of an air conditioner! 🤣 Cools TEXAS!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

If it is a Friedrich it has WiFi built in and you can control it from your phone. Awesome to turn on when you are headed home and walk into a Cool house that wasn't running all day~!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It's actually a Toshiba. But yeah, I can control it from an app like that.

Well, I never! What will they think of next? That's amazing!

My latest non-vape purchase was three new pairs of flip flops. Last year bought Havaianas, but this year I found Hotmarzz flip flops on Amazon, and like them even better. The soles are really supportive and flexible, and you can get anything from solid colors to wild, bright, abstract designs.

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I never! What will they think of next? That's amazing!

My latest non-vape purchase was three new pairs of flip flops. Last year bought Havaianas, but this year I found Hotmarzz flip flops on Amazon, and like them even better. The soles are really supportive and flexible, and you can get anything from solid colors to wild, bright, abstract designs.
I never cared for flip flops. Having to grow callouses between the toes wasn't worth the hassle. I checked on the app for that AC. It has a 2.8 rating due to failures to perform. I'll just leave it at the set temperature and setting.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I checked on the app for that AC. It has a 2.8 rating due to failures to perform. I'll just leave it at the set temperature and setting.

I have found that most reviews for Apps are low because the people using them just don't RTFM or do not have Computer/Smart Device Skills.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have found that most reviews for Apps are low because the people using them just don't RTFM or do not have Computer/Smart Device Skills.
The app is also incompatible with my device, and I do not wish to buy a new phone every 6 months. Some firmware / software developers update their stuff to the extent that new devices must be purchased consistently.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The app is also incompatible with my device, and I do not wish to buy a new phone every 6 months. Some firmware / software developers update their stuff to the extent that new devices must be purchased consistently.

I took a look at the reviews on Google Play and saw some Interesting things about the Units and the remote. Like i said though some people can make it work but many have issues.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use a land line at home, and hardly ever use my cell phone. It's for road emergencies, and stays turned off in my tote most of the time. For three years now, my cell provider has been constantly nagging me that I MUST get a new 5G phone, and soon my old one won't work. Three years. Not gonna do it, and my old one still works fine. If it stops working, I'm getting a satellite phone.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have a friend who said the same thing and when his phone went Brick he had to scramble to get one.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have a friend who said the same thing and when his phone went Brick he had to scramble to get one.
No scrambling for me. I hardly ever use my cell, don't store data on it or use it for email or internet. I've been wanting an excuse to get a satellite phone anyway.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a land line at home, and hardly ever use my cell phone. It's for road emergencies, and stays turned off in my tote most of the time. For three years now, my cell provider has been constantly nagging me that I MUST get a new 5G phone, and soon my old one won't work. Three years. Not gonna do it, and my old one still works fine. If it stops working, I'm getting a satellite phone.
I recently had to get a new phone, they changed the network crap around me. New letters for what I don't know, something lte but not basic lte. Calls were dropping horribly and the old phone couldn't support it. Something something lte.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Recent purchases were bday gifts for my mom. She usually likes bird feeders and things and enjoys watching nature. Picked up a spotting scope for a slight discount during prime day, a 20-60x80 hd glass with dual focus. Giving GoSky a try, seemed fairly decent for the price. Some are real nice but range into several thousand for leupold or kowa. Has a phone mount for digiscoping and picked up a tripod for it so maybe she can get some nice photos of birds and other stuff. Also got a wifi remote for the phone to snap pics without having to touch the setup, maybe more stable shots.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well damn. Will have to wait roughly another week for the scope. Hopefully it arrives quicker, the replacement that is. Between the packing marvels at amazon who put a product box in a shipping box twice its size with 5 or 6 small air pillows that hardly even line the bottom of the box. And UPS who apparently used the package for soccer practice.

She asks "Are these pieces supposed to screw together?". Yea, no. There shouldn't be 'pieces'. The phone adapter mount was also slightly cracked. Amazon - "What's the reason for your return?". "Your shipping partner broke it all to shit". lol

1658367093192.png

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well an update, she got the replacement scope. In better condition, or at least the scope thankfully was. Packaging was still horrible, box smashed to shit, no protective packaging inside. Well done amazon. Some pics she was able to get with it.

1658801515715.png1658801564147.png
1658801609300.png
Not too terrible given she's not using an iphone or anything. Not sure how far away these were, maybe 30-40ft something like that. Might need to work on focus a little but was surprised there's very little chromatic effect around the edges. Also kind of surprised, didn't realize woodpeckers had such long tongues lol. She must have caught it just right.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My latest purchase was this Hammock for the Backyard. Got the Metal Posts for Free and bought a Trailer Safety Chain and a 1" Wooden Dowel to expand it more flat. A few days work but really comfy to sunbathe or lounge in after dinner.

1658843307637.png

The metal post was 20 feet long and weighed a ton~! I also made the posts removable in case I want to move it or it is in the way.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My latest purchase was this Hammock for the Backyard. Got the Metal Posts for Free and bought a Trailer Safety Chain and a 1" Wooden Dowel to expand it more flat. A few days work but really comfy to sunbathe or lounge in after dinner.

View attachment 195284

The metal post was 20 feet long and weighed a ton~! I also made the posts removable in case I want to move it or it is in the way.
Looks like a nice place to take a nap!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I just got my order from Sourcemore. :bliss:
I got 2 extra Smoant Pasito devices and 10 Packs of Pasito Coils.

Edit: We did a little thread merge
If you had the other Latest Purchase thread on your watch list you may need to rewatch this thread.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I just got my order from Sourcemore. :bliss:
I got 2 extra Smoant Pasito devices and 10 Packs of Pasito Coils.

Edit: We did a little thread merge
If you had the other Latest Purchase thread on your watch list then you may need to rewatch this thread.
Because Latest Purchase Thread was started by a banned spammer,,, so we merged with the already established thread, re titled it since thats what we're used to, and deleted the spammers og post.

And I bought a mod from Vape Trader yesterday,,tracking says it already picked up (usps)...so I'll see how this transaction goes...everything checked out before I paid /w PP G&S for a "voltage regulator". Black ZQ Essent 75C

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Well, not lately, but I don't have it yet either. Galaxy S22. A leap from 7 Edge.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Well, not lately, but I don't have it yet either. Galaxy S22. A leap from 7 Edge.
I know someone else who ordered the same one. I like the S20 I have.

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year

How is the fingerprint reader on the screen? I stubbornly am keeping my s10, I find it so convenient to have it on the power button, and it works so well, i dont understand why they would change

Then put non replaceable batteries in em...then take away the sd card, i do not like it samsung, i do not like my samsung locked.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How is the fingerprint reader on the screen? I stubbornly am keeping my s10, I find it so convenient to have it on the power button, and it works so well, i dont understand why they would change

Then put non replaceable batteries in em...then take away the sd card, i do not like it samsung, i do not like my samsung locked.

S20 has a sd card slot, I upgraded from the s10 to the s20, fingerprint scanner is okay, does have the odd time it doesn't read right, but don't have to use it if don't want too.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If I had and s20 I wouldn't be getting s22. But I'm still with 7 and only have that bcus when I couldn't get the 6 fixed for a few days I had to have something so i got a 7.

I've been watching a ton of s22 tech vids. What I like about the fp reader being on the screen is that the screen is edge to edge, no bezel for home, back, recent. FP supposed to be improved from 21 but this 7 it works great.

I'm looking forward to One UI(launched 2018) and all the other diff's from 7.
Samsung promises 4 yrs android updates and 5yrs their updates.

They said that about mine too, but4 batteries later, I'll disagree w/them till I see otherwise, which I haven't looked in to. But the have a USB c thumb, tiny ones lol.
From Samsung for an unlocked S22 they got 256 for the price of 128, instant $50 off, and can get $325 for S10 trade in, in good condition or with cracked screen. Makes it < $500. Not bad for newest 256GB flagship.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
This. Delivery this week and installed probably weekend. Trying to get a second fan from them since they apparently don't have one listed amongst their many others. Removing the loop.
1660528290772.png

Man, I picked up a Lethal RTA from a dude on ECF. Seemed like a nice enough guy at first... Tracking with the carrier he used was basically non-existent. Shipment disappeared off the face of the earth for a week once it went international, then randomly showed up at my door. I got the RTA, and it has been kicking ass. But the guy started freaking out about me using paypal g&s to pay because it out a hold on the money until the item got delivered but the tracking wasnt updating. Support said he should just contact them to release the hold since I confirmed I received what I paid for. He instead refunded me and demanded I resend the money not as goods & services. So I did, and he still has to wait for a new hold 🙄

Feel for the guy, but its out of my hands honestly. At least I got the stuff and everything is paid for.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Man, I picked up a Lethal RTA from a dude on ECF. Seemed like a nice enough guy at first... Tracking with the carrier he used was basically non-existent. Shipment disappeared off the face of the earth for a week once it went international, then randomly showed up at my door. I got the RTA, and it has been kicking ass. But the guy started freaking out about me using paypal g&s to pay because it out a hold on the money until the item got delivered but the tracking wasnt updating. Support said he should just contact them to release the hold since I confirmed I received what I paid for. He instead refunded me and demanded I resend the money not as goods & services. So I did, and he still has to wait for a new hold 🙄

Feel for the guy, but its out of my hands honestly. At least I got the stuff and everything is paid for.

If either of you is in the US, using PP is iffy at best for vape gear. You don't have the protection you once had because of their policies regarding vaping, and several members here have had their accounts shut down. I have no idea what their policies are in other countries, but I know they've gotten completely obnoxious about vaping in the US. If we use PP, it's nothing but a crap shoot. Might as well use Cash App, imo.

If either of you is in the US, using PP is iffy at best for vape gear. You don't have the protection you once had because of their policies regarding vaping, and several members here have had their accounts shut down. I have no idea what their policies are in other countries, but I know they've gotten completely obnoxious about vaping in the US. If we use PP, it's nothing but a crap shoot. Might as well use Cash App, imo.
Yeah, we didnt mention anything vaping related and he didn't use shipping through paypal anyway. I think the hold was mostly because he hadn't used his account in a while. I just wanted to be able to get a refund in case it got yoinked in customs for some reason, but like you said that may not have even worked if that were the case.

I don't think there was any issue with that thankfully. He could have had his money today or tomorrow if he just contacted support like they suggested to me, but he just got pissy and wanted me to resend it. Which I did but didn't help progress the situation at all.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, we didnt mention anything vaping related and he didn't use shipping through paypal anyway. I think the hold was mostly because he hadn't used his account in a while. I just wanted to be able to get a refund in case it got yoinked in customs for some reason, but like you said that may not have even worked if that were the case.

I don't think there was any issue with that thankfully. He could have had his money today or tomorrow if he just contacted support like they suggested to me, but he just got pissy and wanted me to resend it. Which I did but didn't help progress the situation at all.

Well, he got what he asked for then, didn't he? People and their drama, I swear, seems like it gets worse all the time.

Glad you got your RTA, and your part of the debacle is over. :)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Cooler got here today, so did the card.
They're sending me what I need for a second fan on the back of it.
Installed the blue tooth/wifi card too, for the BT since I use ethernet.
Waiting for paint to dry on an older gpu that's only a little better than the igp, but might as well.
Might paint that back fan cover flat black or I might leave it off since the bottom 2 don't have covers any more, + putting 2 fans like the one, in the bottom.
20220818_184717[1].jpg6E BT5.2.jpg

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure what went wrong this last time, pc went down around a week and a half ago. Same shit it did before after a lightning strike, but no weather events this time. Acting screwy, screen freezing with multicolor bands and endless boot looping. Driving me nuts. My system was 8yrs old, gpu was at least 10yrs old I think (hd7850 1gb), power supply was going on 18yrs and spanned several builds. Before they even had the silver, gold, platinum, just rated '80+' lol.

I'd been wanting to upgrade the graphics card for awhile, since the 1060 came out. To enjoy newer stuff though meant dx12 which meant a new os. Newer than win7. And then I find to support the newer processors it needs win11. Course it does. And that requires a tpm chip my old stuff didn't have.

Ended up with:
i7-12700k with nh-d15s chromax cooler
msi mag tomahawk z690 wifi ddr4
corsair vengeance lpx 2x 32gb ddr4 3600
msi rtx 3080 gaming z 12gb lhr
hynix p41 1tb gen 4 nvme
corsair rm1000x power supply

The fans I wanted weren't to be found, wanted some noctua p14s redux 1500rpm's to match the top exhaust fans. Ended up with arctic bionix 140mm and a pack of aigo 120mm argb infinity mirror fans that I swapped onto the noctua cooler. Black/gray cabling to go with the black components and carbon fiber accents. And an led glass support for the edge of the graphics card to take the stress off the motherboard slot. Also picked up an apc 1500va 900w I think it is, UPS. The cyberpower units looked popular but after seeing a few reports of those smoldering and going up in flames had me a little concerned.

pc1.jpgpc2.jpg

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Cooler got here today, so did the card.
They're sending me what I need for a second fan on the back of it.
Installed the blue tooth/wifi card too, for the BT since I use ethernet.
Waiting for paint to dry on an older gpu that's only a little better than the igp, but might as well.
Might paint that back fan cover flat black or I might leave it off since the bottom 2 don't have covers any more, + putting 2 fans like the one, in the bottom.
View attachment 196034
Second fan (pull) got here a couple weeks ago or so.
Me likey.
1664749108484.png

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hellvape Dead Rabbit V3

Got one of these yesterday at a local new opening B&M shop. Paid about $26. Swapped to squonk pin and put a single coil build on. Used a coil included. Looks to be some kind of Clapton.

So far, it seems okay. Not really in a state of mind to do a review. Enjoying the "honeycombed" afc. Well run 'er slow.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Got it 2 days ago. I may have it configured a couple months from now :giggle: . Did get some essentials situated along with a wallpaper, but things like moving the lock screen clock, etc, will be a while.

Canceled the old order because after 7+ weeks still no expected date. New order took 19 calendar days to get here, go figure.

Pics of new phone using old phone's camera and vice/versa.
1664749978916.png
These phones are the same height, and S22 a smidgeon wider by a couple/few mm iirr. But no top/bottom bezel means more real estate. And I like the rounded corners. Old hat stuff for most lol.
1664750606603.png

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Okay, I'm speaking of the indelicate here. Ever since early 2020 when I walked into a grocery store with my usual weekly 4-pack of TP on my shopping list, and found the entire paper aisle empty, I stopped taking chances. If the S really HTF, I'd rather die of starvation than die in squalor without plentiful TP.

All of the topmost cabinets in the kitchen, the ones I need the ladder to reach, are filled with TP, and though I sprinkled the packages with lavender essential when I put them away, I don't rotate that supply. It lives there. The space underneath both of my loveseats too, hides spare TP:

HomeSweetHome sm.jpg

And the basket in this pic:

HomeReadingCornerDark (1).jpg

The bathroom linen cabinet has a 12-pack that gets rotated out with new.

Plus always a giant 30-count pack just sitting on the floor, which I always had to find a place to hide when I had people coming over. So I bought this new nylon laundry bag on Ebay, not for laundry, but to hide the giant pack of TP. This is 40" tall, 30" wide, and I chose it for compatibility with my paint and surroundings.

TP bag 40 x 30.JPG

It looks nice just sitting on the floor, so I don't have to find a hiding place when company is coming.
Right now the 30-pack it stores is partially used up in rotation, so I have the top of the drawstring bag folded down, but it clearly will hold the big pack when fully extended.

TP bag.jpg

It was 9.73 including tax, free shipping. It is machine washable. An indelicate problem solved.

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just make certain I have 2 months supply of TP in case the supply in stores dries up yet again. So far, there have been 3 times I could not buy my brand for at least a month.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My latest pretty thing is this ceramic baking sheet (also usable as a serving tray of course), 18 x 12 (at right, pictured next to my previous favorite sheet pan). For comparison, my kettle is a large one, 2.5 quarts.

New dish.jpg

I loved this dish when I saw it, second hand but in pristine condition, oven safe to 500 degrees. I don't think I've ever cooked anything at 500 degrees. Mostly 350, sometimes 425. The flat cooking surface on the ceramic one is a little less than on the metal one, but close enough. I wanted red because it stays on top of the stove when not in use, and the color helps my shabby old kitchen look better.

As much as I like the looks of it, now I'm not sure how I feel about it in practical use, but I'll work with it for a while. It's very, very heavy, unwieldy, so I'm getting used to sliding out the oven rack to turn things over, bending down to add ingredients, etc. I do know from a past catastrophe with a ceramic baking dish, you can't add liquid when it's hot from the oven or the dish will immediately break.

There was some discussion in the cooking thread about lining your oven sheet with aluminum foil. What passes for science changes at least every 20 years, if not more often. I wouldn't want an injection that had an aluminum adjuvant in it, going straight into my vein, but I think if food contact with foil really caused damage to our cognitive abilities, we'd all be walking around lost. Maybe we are all walking around lost. One of the studies I saw, when I tried to research it, was about miners inhaling the alum dust while working.

Anyway, I always lined my previous favorite sheet with foil for safety really. When I thought of stopping the use of foil I was concerned about the abrasion of the Chinese factory paint, mainly seen on the bottom from moving it around, but I felt that scraping cooked food from the top side would scrape up some paint too, besides which the pan never really came clean in the dishwasher.

Abrasions.jpgUgly old pan.jpg

I haven't put the old pan in the charity box yet. I'll work with this ceramic one for a while. You get used to things, so we'll see.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors