Become a Patron!

Leaky Cleito

IronSky

Cereal Vapist
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I don't have time for your shit, Cleito. Out the door on my way to work, and my Cleito is leaking from the intake again. What I "think" is happening, is that the coil gets loosened where it screws in at the bottom after I refill my tank a couple times. I could be wrong. I'm a complete noob when it comes to subohm tanks.

Any ideas on how to fix this? It happens a few times a week. Makes me realize I definitely need a mini mod for on the go, rather than a cheaper vape pen. Live and learn I guess.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clieto's design pushes juice into the coil when you fill and screw the cap back on. Half way on, the cap seals, the rest of the screw down is pressurizing the tank and juice only has one place to go... into the wicking material then out the base of the coil and out the airflow ports.

Been years since my wife had a clieto so from memory... you can screw the top cap on 1 turn, flip the tank upside down and screw the top cap on the rest of the way. That may get the juice away from the wick for the last couple turns of the cap when it is adding pressure to the tank.

Edit
And yeah... make absolutely sure the coil is all the way in before you close it back up. It is possible that the coil gets loosened when you unscrew the top cap.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I may be remembering wrong but I thought Ive read people solved this problem. The issue was over tightening the coil to the base. The remedy was the tighten it all the way then back it off a bit. It may have been for the 120. I'm just thinking out loud here. I got a Cleito Exo and didn't look back. The original one gave me problems too and got way too hot on me.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Makes me realize I definitely need a mini mod for on the go, rather than a cheaper vape pen. Live and learn I guess.
I recently got the Aspire Puxos kit. It comes with the new Cleito Pro. It uses the same size/style coils as the original Cleito. The fill method eliminates unscrewing the top cap which is nice. The kit comes with a light weight mod and a 21700 cell. You get more battery time and power compared to a single 18650 mod. I think it's great.

IronSky

Cereal Vapist
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I recently got the Aspire Puxos kit. It comes with the new Cleito Pro. It uses the same size/style coils as the original Cleito. The fill method eliminates unscrewing the top cap which is nice. The kit comes with a light weight mod and a 21700 cell. You get more battery time and power compared to a single 18650 mod. I think it's great.
Do you want some .2 coils? I have some that a local shop sold me, but they definitely don't work well with the Aspire k4

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you want some .2 coils? I have some that a local shop sold me, but they definitely don't work well with the Aspire k4
Sorry, I didn't see this. Thank you for the offer, that's really nice of you. But you better keep them as a back up. Incase one of your tanks goes down you can plug the Cleito in. Or you could keep one flavor in your new tank, and another in the Cleito. When you get sick of one, just switch the tank on your future mod.

VU Sponsors