Become a Patron!

List of transparent flavour manufacturers (diketones)

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Diketones is what led me to DIY, realizing this industry is largely un-regulated give me the hebegebees.

A little bummed as CAP started listing A/P Status not too long ago and products that were not originally marked as having Diketones now are. I have been using and loving CAP's Cake Batter, New York Cheesecake, Marshmallow, French Toast and Dragon Fruit but those are now listed as Reformulation In-Process. Cake Batter I generally use at 1% or less as it is a flavor that can over power other flavors so that one doesn't concern me. The others I used more of so for now I will wait until they are cleared.

I really do like how Flavor West has gotten on the ball and recently started to try more of there flavors which are diketone free. I love there reformulated Dulce De Leche, hard flavor to get right in mixes for me but when I tried it by-itself it was very tasty. Yellow Cake is something most DIY'ers should have. Just got in there Milk, Whipped Cream, Natural Butterscotch, both marshmallow's and Cake Batter Dip, so far these are all real good but need more time to see if they will replace other brands. There Strawberry and Waffle flavors are not so good compared to other brands.

I know @Artemis contacted Inawera about diketones and was told there flavor line is free of any of that. I am hoping that is the case as I really love the majority of there fruit flavors, almost all my favorite fruits come from INW. Fruit flavors are not generally known to have diketones anyway, it is usually custard and creamy flavors.

Here is another thread on a similar topic, hit CTRL + F and search for Inawera and read the first hit that comes up.

http://vapingunderground.com/thread...n-74-of-the-e-liquids-that-were-tested.15055/

From now on I'm not using a single flavour that doesn't have a spec sheet on it.. too many times we've been lied to. Even Flavor West hasn't taken the right approach with the link I posted above. They should have all flavours listed with individual data sheets to go along with them. Anyone can make a spreadsheet and punch in random numbers if they want..

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I saw that thread and read HIC's comments but no straight fruit flavors were mentioned, TOBACCO "APPLE" and Cocopilada were mentioned but both are not just fruit flavors, the latter being a coconut macroon type flavor. Cocopilada is efin delicious too, bums me out.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will be so glad when the diketone scare is over. It drones on in my ears as much as my tinnitus and is about as useful as tinnitus.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I will be so glad when the diketone scare is over. It drones on in my ears as much as my tinnitus and is about as useful as tinnitus.

If it offends you that some people want to know about diketone content, perhaps you can consider skipping threads with names like, "List of transparent flavour manufacturers (diketones)"

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If it offends you that some people want to know about diketone content, perhaps you can consider skipping threads with names like, "List of transparent flavour manufacturers (diketones)"
what about FA HIC don't you use them mostly.... how safe are they.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Perhaps my tinnitus would just go away. The constant shrill is more of an annoyance rather than offensive and the OP posting it in multiple locations makes it harder to avoid, yes?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
what about FA HIC don't you use them mostly.... how safe are they.

FA test results for diketones are available here: http://flavourartnaflavourreports.com/
They were the first to reformulate without diketones, starting in (2010? or so).
FlavourArt is the company that has been most dedicated to testing, really the leaders in that respect.
Are you familiar with ClearStream?
(tested the effect of vapor on living cells).
ClearStream Onward is the next round:

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
So I read how some Workers in Popcorn Factories got what is called pop-corn lung from diketones.

Did they ever state how much was in the factory air vs. what is received when vaping ejuice?

I keep picturing a few guys in a room mixing big vats of heated butter flavoring eight hours a day.

Wiki : "Ecigs are 100 times lower than that of tobacco smoke"

So second hand tobacco smoke is probably worse?

I just wonder where and when the hype about this issue started. I am surprised stores still have places to smoke outside their doors or that cigs are not banned. As long as wealthy people get their pockets lined with green.

Last edited:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I read how some Workers in Popcorn Factories got what is called pop-corn lung from diketones.

Did they ever state how much was in the factory air vs. what is received when vaping ejuice?

I keep picturing a few guys in a room mixing big vats of heated butter flavoring eight hours a day.

Wiki : "Ecigs are 100 times lower than that of tobacco smoke"

So second hand tobacco smoke is probably worse?

I just wonder where and when the hype about this issue started. I am surprised stores still have places to smoke outside their doors or that cigs are not banned. As long as wealthy people get their pockets lined with green.

RadiationWhole.jpg

trecenters

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
As far as people wanting to stay away from diketones goes no one should have an opinion on thoes people. You can't blame anyone from wanting to toatally stay away from diketones just as I can't blame anyone from wanting to toatally stay away from Fried Foods.
Mmm .. Dat hot chicken doe...

Last edited:

VU Sponsors