Become a Patron!

Looking for a Great Tank, Maybe Mesh

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
Hi,

I'm looking for a tank with great clouds and flavor. I'm hoping for mesh. I have some specifications below. Not sure whether the ideal tank exists, but here are some spec preferences.

0.5ohm coils or higher, or long battery life

Preferably mesh coils

Can add my narrow bore drip tip + adapter that's currently on my V8 Baby Beast (I believe the tank has 510 threading), OR I can use a narrow bore drip tip somehow

Great flavor & clouds (flavor is a must)

I have a Wismec RX200S, and it's starting to burn through Baby Beast coils within three days, giving burnt hits. I use 0.6ohm coils. From the looks of online chatter, the tank/mod combo may just be bad.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hi,

I'm looking for a tank with great clouds and flavor. I'm hoping for mesh. I have some specifications below. Not sure whether the ideal tank exists, but here are some spec preferences.

0.5ohm coils or higher, or long battery life

Preferably mesh coils

Can add my narrow bore drip tip + adapter that's currently on my V8 Baby Beast (I believe the tank has 510 threading), OR I can use a narrow bore drip tip somehow

Great flavor & clouds (flavor is a must)

I have a Wismec RX200S, and it's starting to burn through Baby Beast coils within three days, giving burnt hits. I use 0.6ohm coils. From the looks of online chatter, the tank/mod combo may just be bad.

Thanks.
Most of the mesh coils I've seen are below .5Ω. You can try mesh coils in your baby beast. Lots of brands make mesh coils that will fit your tank. I use Smok Baby mesh coils, Vaporesso GT mesh, Joyetech Pro CD, and Geekvape Super mesh coils in my baby beasts. The wattage I use those at varies. The Smok brand ones are good, and I use them around 50W.

If you got a regulated device I wouldn't get hung up on ohms. Just check the coil ratings and if you find one you're interested in, ask people what they use them at. The more wattage a coil requires the faster it will drain you battery or batteries.

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
Most of the mesh coils I've seen are below .5Ω. You can try mesh coils in your baby beast. Lots of brands make mesh coils that will fit your tank. I use Smok Baby mesh coils, Vaporesso GT mesh, Joyetech Pro CD, and Geekvape Super mesh coils in my baby beasts. The wattage I use those at varies. The Smok brand ones are good, and I use them around 50W.

If you got a regulated device I wouldn't get hung up on ohms. Just check the coil ratings and if you find one you're interested in, ask people what they use them at. The more wattage a coil requires the faster it will drain you battery or batteries.

Thanks. I'm hoping for about 50W, for battery life purposes. I'll research some of those coils, and see if that's a solution. I'm glad to know the BB is versatile.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. I'm hoping for about 50W, for battery life purposes. I'll research some of those coils, and see if that's a solution. I'm glad to know the BB is versatile.
I remember last year someone saying that baby beast styled coils were going to be obsolete fast. I didn't agree and said they weren't going anywhere. There are a bunch of new tanks that came out recently that use baby styled coils. The Baby Prince is just a spiffed up baby beast with a bubble glass and updated coils. There's a thread that lists most of the popular tanks that use baby coils-
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smok-baby-beast-coil-fits.342982/

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
I remember last year someone saying that baby beast styled coils were going to be obsolete fast. I didn't agree and said they weren't going anywhere. There are a bunch of new tanks that came out recently that use baby styled coils. The Baby Prince is just a spiffed up baby beast with a bubble glass and updated coils. There's a thread that lists most of the popular tanks that use baby coils-
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/smok-baby-beast-coil-fits.342982/

I have a new vape shop across the street that I'll check out tomorrow. They have lots of Smok coils. Hopefully they have mesh. If not, I'll order some online. Reviews look good for Baby Mesh. They apparently don't last as long as other mesh coils, but I'm fine with that. 50W isn't much, and maybe that'll lengthen the life.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
They apparently don't last as long as other mesh coils, but I'm fine with that.
They last just as long as the other brands in my experience. There's lots of factors to come into play for longevity of coil life. I think people just like to shit on Smok coils. I think you'll like them.

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
They last just as long as the other brands in my experience. There's lots of factors to come into play for longevity of coil life. I think people just like to shit on Smok coils. I think you'll like them.

I shit all over Smok mods for sure. They have quality control issues, and the Aliens and Procolors break easily. The Procolor battery life is great for a 2-cell mod, though. Lasts almost as long as my 3-cell RX200S. I like the Baby Beast tank, except for the sliding top, which is not good for pockets. I'll bet I'll like the mesh coil. I'll either try them tomorrow or Thursday, depending on where I get them.

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
They had Baby Mesh across the street. More consistent flavor for someone like me who gets vaper's tongue often. It'll get better once I pick up some lemon juice. I put a mesh coil in two hours ago, and it seems to be going through an awful lot of juice.

Vince92

Member For 1 Year
The Fireluke Mesh has single mesh coils rated for 40w-70w, but resistance there is only 0.15 ohms. I had a Smok tank before this, and while it served its purpose, I've got to say the Fireluke has been a much better tank to me. They've got the Mesh pro as well if you don't like threaded top fills, which has been my daily tank as of late, but it is a massive tank.

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
The Fireluke Mesh has single mesh coils rated for 40w-70w, but resistance there is only 0.15 ohms. I had a Smok tank before this, and while it served its purpose, I've got to say the Fireluke has been a much better tank to me. They've got the Mesh pro as well if you don't like threaded top fills, which has been my daily tank as of late, but it is a massive tank.

There's another vape shop a few blocks away that sells the Fireluke for $30. It comes with Clapton coils. They also have the Vylerian and the Falcon, the Cleito, and some Arctic tanks. I've read great things about the Crown III as well, which I would have to get online. That one seemed to be a favorite. The Mesh Pro seemed to get great reviews, too. The Baby Beast is fine for now, but I'll be on the lookout before long. The first Baby Mesh coil is stilling going strong. Great flavor.

Last edited:

OhmzRaw

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really enjoy the vape of the HorizonTech Falcon mesh tank as well as the Vaporesso Cascade tank with mesh coils. Their latest Skrr tank isn't the best option though.

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years

About that Freemax Mesh Pro: How would I go about adding an adapter and narrow drip tip to that? I think it comes with 810 threading, and their default drip tip would probably make me want to vomit.

Vince92

Member For 1 Year
About that Freemax Mesh Pro: How would I go about adding an adapter and narrow drip tip to that? I think it comes with 810 threading, and their default drip tip would probably make me want to vomit.

I believe there's an adapter made for the tfv8 to go from 810 to 510 drips. I know that my drip tip from my tfv8 fit in my Fireluke Mesh tank..so I'm thinking that the adapter should not have a problem fitting into the Mesh Pro.

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
I believe there's an adapter made for the tfv8 to go from 810 to 510 drips. I know that my drip tip from my tfv8 fit in my Fireluke Mesh tank..so I'm thinking that the adapter should not have a problem fitting into the Mesh Pro.

I think the Baby Beast is a 510. Wouldn't that mean the adapter wouldn't fit the Mesh Pro? I don't know much about that stuff. I do know the adapter narrows the circumference on the beast, allowing a hookah-style drip tip to slide in.

Vince92

Member For 1 Year
I think the Baby Beast is a 510. Wouldn't that mean the adapter wouldn't fit the Mesh Pro? I don't know much about that stuff. I do know the adapter narrows the circumference on the beast, allowing a hookah-style drip tip to slide in.

Smok tank models confuse the heck outta me lol, sorry. So, I believe there is a Baby Beast and a Big Baby Beast, one being a 510 and one being an 810..unless they have different models, I think they are both called tfv8, but I could be wrong there lol.

Edit: Regardless though, I think the Fireluke will generally accommodate all 810 setups, so I believe any 810 to 510 adapter would work

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
Smok tank models confuse the heck outta me lol, sorry. So, I believe there is a Baby Beast and a Big Baby Beast, one being a 510 and one being an 810..unless they have different models, I think they are both called tfv8, but I could be wrong there lol.

Edit: Regardless though, I think the Fireluke will generally accommodate all 810 setups, so I believe any 810 to 510 adapter would work

OK. The two I'm looking at are the Mesh Pro and the Vaporesso Cascade. The latter is a 510. Maybe my adapter will fit. If not, then maybe there are some narrow bore 510 drip tips that will fit without adapters.

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years

Mystery solved. I have a Big Baby Beast with an 810 drip tip hole. The adapter is an 810 --> 510. My skinny drip tip is a 510. I had to call a vape shop because you can't Google this shit. It's too confusing.

Vince92

Member For 1 Year
Mystery solved. I have a Big Baby Beast with an 810 drip tip hole. The adapter is an 810 --> 510. My skinny drip tip is a 510. I had to call a vape shop because you can't Google this shit. It's too confusing.

Lmao, isn't that the truth? I had to rack my brain a bit in this thread..I swear manufacturers try their hardest to confuse us, haha:p.
Hope you enjoy whatever tank you end up with..mesh was seriously a game changer for me.

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
Lmao, isn't that the truth? I had to rack my brain a bit in this thread..I swear manufacturers try their hardest to confuse us, haha:p.
Hope you enjoy whatever tank you end up with..mesh was seriously a game changer for me.

Yup. Just "Big Baby Beast" alone is confusing. Most tanks have a "510" for the mod connector, and they never specify that. It's not even the same size as a drip tip. I actually did jump ahead in time a bit and ordered a Mesh Pro. I'll see how the single and double mesh coils go. Maybe I can get away with 50W on the double. It's rated for 60+.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just tried the double- seems to come to life around 62w. I used the single stainless steel 316 mesh in power mode at 55w. I hear the single kanthal mesh is nothing special, but I can vouch for the single stainless.

Uwell Nunchaku is getting a lot of hype now for a lower wattage tank. They can be found on sale now, 9.99 at Volcano and 14.99 at 101vape. Plus shipping. Caught my attention earlier, will probably order one given the very low prices.

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
Just tried the double- seems to come to life around 62w. I used the single stainless steel 316 mesh in power mode at 55w. I hear the single kanthal mesh is nothing special, but I can vouch for the single stainless.

Uwell Nunchaku is getting a lot of hype now for a lower wattage tank. They can be found on sale now, 9.99 at Volcano and 14.99 at 101vape. Plus shipping. Caught my attention earlier, will probably order one given the very low prices.

Thanks. Great info. I just read some reviews, and to say they look promising is an understatement.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Falcon resin is amazing with the m3 mesh..... It Vapes awesom from 50 to 60 watts.... .15 ohm coil....
a2e80f502bd3443c22f43f8b7264ed58.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This Falcon resin and the m3 coils are a flavor chasers dream....... Man it's good and well built......
25ccab28c42f44e3e9802b3f3b411c66.jpg

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
Results are in: I've been puffing the Freemax Mesh Pro with the double mesh coil for at least 40 minutes. Zero flavor. It might as well be straight nicotine. I tried 50 and 60 watts. Nice throat hit, though. Nunchaku's coming in tomorrow.

Last edited:

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nobody listens to me........
Results are in: I've been puffing the Freemax Mesh Pro with the double mesh coil for at least 40 minutes. Zero flavor. It might as well be straight nicotine. I tried 50 and 60 watts. Nice throat hit, though. Nunchaku's coming in tomorrow.
The Falcon resin with the M3 coils.....
e475a7bab03db6382692375c98b02ee6.jpg

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
Nobody listens to me........The Falcon resin with the M3 coils.....

I might listen. 1/2 mile to the shop with the $40 Falcon. M3's would have to be by mail order. Maybe the tank's on sale online. It probably is. I'll see how the Nunchaku does.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might listen. 1/2 mile to the shop with the $40 Falcon. M3's would have to be by mail order. Maybe the tank's on sale online. It probably is. I'll see how the Nunchaku does.
The m2 coils rock no crap..... But the m3 takes it up a notch..... If you are happy with the m2 no need for the m3 ......
35e0f8ca077c4ce630a1ab39867a14a1.jpg

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
The m2 coils rock no crap..... But the m3 takes it up a notch..... If you are happy with the m2 no need for the m3 ......
35e0f8ca077c4ce630a1ab39867a14a1.jpg

There's the Falcon and then the Falcon RESIN. Can the regular Falcon take the M2 and M3 coils? Online, it looks like the pulldown menus for the non-RESIN one don't list those coils.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's the Falcon and then the Falcon RESIN. Can the regular Falcon take the M2 and M3 coils? Online, it looks like the pulldown menus for the non-RESIN one don't list those coils.
You want The resin which is the 2nd version...... And these are the available coils. And No each tank has it's own coils....
7f81d9254fa2d728af92597f41c536eb.jpg

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yikes. It says no sales to minors. Crap.
When I buy juice at LA sauce..... I have to put my I'd next to my face and wait for someone to process it..... I'm 54 so when they see my old ass they approve the purchase..... Then I sit in my chair and go back in my bed and vape my Dickoff.......
b4215a664f3f522ac602949a6c99a9e5.jpg

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
When I buy juice at LA sauce..... I have to put my I'd next to my face and wait for someone to process it..... I'm 54 so when they see my old ass they approve the purchase..... Then I sit in my chair and go back in my bed and vape my Dickoff.......
b4215a664f3f522ac602949a6c99a9e5.jpg

You ever drop that thing? It looks fragile. Puffing on the Mesh Pro single mesh now. It still sux. Absolutely no flavor.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You ever drop that thing? It looks fragile. Puffing on the Mesh Pro single mesh now. It still sux. Absolutely no flavor.
Drop the lift or the Falcon ? The Falcon Resin is well built stainless steel cap and threads..... Stainless steel body.... The resin is on the exterior but the tank is built similar to a Freemax Fireluke..... And The Fireluke is beautiful.....
05e466702f760c1351da9fb79f19fd1c.jpg
09f1c8e8b29c714b359b88127485b8d6.jpg
9961720ecfe60aac9b73c7b688f7f953.jpg

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
Drop the lift or the Falcon ? The Falcon Resin is well built stainless steel cap and threads..... Stainless steel body.... The resin is on the exterior but the tank is built similar to a Freemax Fireluke..... And The Fireluke is beautiful.....
05e466702f760c1351da9fb79f19fd1c.jpg
09f1c8e8b29c714b359b88127485b8d6.jpg
9961720ecfe60aac9b73c7b688f7f953.jpg

I meant the glass.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't broken it yet... it's pretty tough......

I bought (3) extra in case on eBay..... Still have them..... They are crystal clear glass..... Rainbow and clear and I have (2) Blue and a Black.......
6333933e7a132ddd5bb6cc52a0f93d69.jpg
d987a62711cfb72cc7529b967caf1740.jpg

3d4cd8ecd92f5a062873889d1918d6c7.jpg

Last edited:

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
Stop the presses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome flavor on the double mesh. Here's the trick. First, you prime it REALLY WELL, which I did. Here's a more important step. Start with low wattage, like 30. Take a few puffs. Then increase it about 5 watts and take a few more puffs. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat. Eventually, you'll get flavor. Then you can lower the wattage again if you like. Badabingbadaboom. In'noutnobodygetshurt.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looking for top tanks ?
Here are good ones.....

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This Falcon rocks.....resin v2 with the m3 mesh coils.....
b2d5bcb207f699d796192f58cb72fd9e.jpg

yomajesty

Member For 2 Years
Nice. I have
This Falcon rocks.....resin v2 with the m3 mesh coils.....
b2d5bcb207f699d796192f58cb72fd9e.jpg

Nice. I have a Falcon Resin Artisan now. Haven't noticed much flavor yet, but I like the pull better. It came with an M1 and M-Triple. M1 has more flavor. I like the tight draw on both when I set airflow at its lowest open setting. How's the M2 in terms of feel?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The M2 is where it's at.... Get them....
Nice. I have

Nice. I have a Falcon Resin Artisan now. Haven't noticed much flavor yet, but I like the pull better. It came with an M1 and M-Triple. M1 has more flavor. I like the tight draw on both when I set airflow at its lowest open setting. How's the M2 in terms of feel?
Mesh..... Or M3 if you can find them..... But I'm enjoying The M2 as much..... It's a different world than M1........ But mesh not coils....... M2 or M3 mesh coil..... Organic cotton and wood pulp..........

lak611

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Falcon tank that's not resin, it's the rainbow metal tank. I'm using the M3 coils, and the flavour is amazing, so much better than the M1 or M2 coils.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Falcon tank that's not resin, it's the rainbow metal tank. I'm using the M3 coils, and the flavour is amazing, so much better than the M1 or M2 coils.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
Yeah then you know where the taste is at.....
7d14827e670cb4714d4be4a7063adbb4.jpg

VU Sponsors