Become a Patron!

Looking for flavor banger

Hello everyone I'm looking for a new RDA since, my supreme V3 in RDA setup totally disappointed me. My best RDA yet was Asgard Mini but right now it's in usage by my gf. I heard some good opinions on C4, Nightmare 25/28mm, Temple 28mm and Mjornir. It's doesn't matter if it's single coiler or dual coiler. I want nice juicy vapor and a bit restricted airflow. What would you recommend me ?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I don't own any of the RDAs you have listed- but I do know a few here have and love the Mjolnir RDA
@nadalama
@Just Frank

P.S.
Both Anthony Vapes (mjolnir) and Deucesjack(mongrel) creators were members here at the forum

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I like the C4 and Mjolnir, but of those two, I think I like the Mjolnir better. My question is, where are you going to find them? I couldn't tell you the last time I've seen either of them for sale anywhere. It's definitely been a while.

I like the C4 and Mjolnir, but of those two, I think I like the Mjolnir better. My question is, where are you going to find them? I couldn't tell you the last time I've seen either of them for sale anywhere. It's definitely been a while.
I found a guy that have used Mjolnir and can re-sell it for me. C4 is available in one of my local vape shops. I have a hard time to decide... I've seen a lot of positive feedback bout' C4 but I'm afraid it will be same scenario as with Supreme V3

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Well, it does appear that VaperzCloud has the Matte Black Asgard Mini available for $40, if you'd rather stick with something you already know.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There are a plethora of RDAs out there that produce good flavor, more than I’d like to admit

With me though, the one with the least internal voltage loss with good+ flavor has been the Asgard Mini, and a smidge less voltage loss with .999 silver 510 pin… but that’s for mech heads like me who want the absolute most from voltage.

The nightmare I wasn’t a fan of, nor the Temple 28, voltage loss on them was just bad… flavor wasn’t the best, a notch below the Asmini… but the Air flow on these two was smoother.

The one thing the Asmini truly needs is a better drip tip… and the Druga is that said drip tip

6769d829e90c5140dee7ffe098a3a5f1.png

It’s the one on the right, the left one is a simple generic longer 810…

Reason I mention the drips tips, .08 is a hot vape and the included low profile drip tips really put the ole pie hole really close, and the added 2mm really makes a difference.

Anyway, my vote goes Asmini

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, it does appear that VaperzCloud has the Matte Black Asgard Mini available for $40, if you'd rather stick with something you already know.
Yeah I know but, still I like to experiment with new attys. In speaking of flavor. From all mentioned RDAs here. Which would you pick if you have to choose one?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah I know but, still I like to experiment with new attys. In speaking of flavor. From all mentioned RDAs here. Which would you pick if you have to choose one?

Mjolnir, and even moreso if the guy includes the original drip tip. It's terrific.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Like the Advken Gorge & Armageddon Redemption. The Gorge is a single coil, Redemption dual but can be used single.

Both allow nice airflow control. You can go from full open DL to a very tight RDL what seems MTL.

Also enjoying the Core or Core styled RDA. It is like the Redemption dual/single coil use. Believe it is MTL, I can squeeze out a tight RDL on it though.

Will not apologize for this opinion, belief. Think one can trick the design of any RDA to get it to do as you want, within reason.

Not saying I would use any RDA to act as an alternator. I'm sure though the meaning is clear.

I really like my Damn Vape Mongrel RDA - very good flavor, really nice RDA. Comes with a metal and glass cap too -single coil deck.
So I decided to try Mongrel. And this atty is gorgeous. After full month of using it, I'm in love. It provides same flav like AsMini. In some situations it's even better. Even tho I'm not dessert flav vaper, I really like how Mongrel handle them so well! So sick! Thank you for advicing this little monster! Looks amazing with glass cap on... Just perfection. I really appreciate you!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
So I decided to try Mongrel. And this atty is gorgeous. After full month of using it, I'm in love. It provides same flav like AsMini. In some situations it's even better. Even tho I'm not dessert flav vaper, I really like how Mongrel handle them so well! So sick! Thank you for advicing this little monster! Looks amazing with glass cap on... Just perfection. I really appreciate you!
Glad you tried and love the Mongrel. That has become a favorite RDA of mine too. I have the Mongrel in black and silver- now they come in colors too.
I use my Mongrel with the squonk pin in with my Dotmod 100w squonk- great combo

20210318_153214.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"Damn Mongrel this, Damn Mongrel that, ..."

Thank You for Ordering ...
Order Details
Mongrel RDA - Silver
× 1
$29.99
Subtotal:
$29.99
Shipping:
$10.70
via USPS (15-25 business days)(Free ship for $99)
Payment method:
PayPal
Total:
$40.69

Enablers, all around ... enablers.

:D LOL

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
"Damn Mongrel this, Damn Mongrel that, ..."

Thank You for Ordering ...

Enablers, all around ... enablers.

:D LOL
Wow the prices have gone up on the Mongrel- got mine on a great sale a while ago. Lucky you were able to still find these. I hope you love the Mongrel RDA as much as I do!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wow the prices have gone up on the Mongrel- got mine on a great sale a while ago. Lucky you were able to still find these. I hope you love the Mongrel RDA as much as I do!

Bought it direct. Listening / watching ...

Seems Mr. Todd is o'r the moon about it. Figure I will be as well.

Also, ...

Bogan seems keen on it. Bogan says fuck a lot.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ikr. This thread has me looking/thinking about it as well :facepalm:

"You can do iiiiiiiiiiiit!" :D :p

I had seen this one a while back & was thinking on it then. Been kind of wanting something a bit different. Still really enjoy the Gorge. Been using it roughly 2-3 years now though. Probably about the same for Wasp Nanos. Got a Redemption that is decent.

Bottom up airflow like a Kennedy?
It's a squonker too? *sang out in tune with "Wouldn't you wanna be a Pepper too?"*
9mm juice wells?

"Going once, twice, .... SOLD!"

Damn it, now got an ear worm. Will need to listen to some Volbeat, maybe Falling In Reverse's Zombified.

I want to see what the Mongrel looks like on the Furyan. Imagine it'll rock balls. Might even be worth me asking wife to snap a hand check pic. No good with phone-y type pic taking. Used to use my grandma's 35mm and got rather good with it. Phone cameras? *John McClain voice* "God damn cell phones!"

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
An update regarding the Mongrel. Got it in hand today. Used the coil supplied. Even not particularly having affinity for that coil, still ...

DAMN!

This comes very close to and might surpass the Advken Gorge RDA I really like. Will possibly write a review later on. For now not vaping it as I'm busy today so no time to build my preferred coil setup on it.

Need to take our Shrek to see the vet. Then, me and wife are planning on a nice supper in Parkersberg. We're celebrating 22 years of marriage. This morning seemed like me and her took turns shuffling between docs ourselves. Nothing serious entailed, but taking care.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
An update regarding the Mongrel. Got it in hand today. Used the coil supplied. Even not particularly having affinity for that coil, still ...

DAMN!

This comes very close to and might surpass the Advken Gorge RDA I really like. Will possibly write a review later on. For now not vaping it as I'm busy today so no time to build my preferred coil setup on it.

Need to take our Shrek to see the vet. Then, me and wife are planning on a nice supper in Parkersberg. We're celebrating 22 years of marriage. This morning seemed like me and her took turns shuffling between docs ourselves. Nothing serious entailed, but taking care.
Glad you are liking the Mongrel!
Happy 22nd Anniversary to you and your wife and enjoy your nice supper and night out!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Glad you tried and love the Mongrel. That has become a favorite RDA of mine too. I have the Mongrel in black and silver- now they come in colors too.
I use my Mongrel with the squonk pin in with my Dotmod 100w squonk- great combo

View attachment 191892
I didn't know you had that mod,,,maybe the first I've seen around here, beside my blue one, or I've seen the other side and didn't realize. I've been using mine for 2 days now. TC

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For now not vaping it as I'm busy today so no time to build my preferred coil setup on it.

Got in and took out the supplied with coil. For my preference a big old fancy triple core fused Clapton was too much. It was likely a 0.25 Ω or lower. Swapped it with a plain & simple 26 ga single strand Kanthal running about 0.5 Ω. Doing just great. :)

It looks damn sharp on the Lost Vape's Furyan mod. More may come later. Our supper was quite delicious, the ambiance was lovely, service top notch. :) Well worth a $20 tip for the whole experience. We don't really go out for big fancy dinners enough to worry over costs.

Yes, we're frugal. At the same time we know little rewards every so often help us stay frugal. Been putting some back in savings and doing reasonably good there. Though we've discussed how low the interest rate is on our savings. :| May need to figure something else out. For now we'll plug on.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Well, I just bought a Mongrel, Subway Edition. I thought I seen honeycomb insert for this one before. I see aside from colors there's a couple other design changes. Not necessarily for the better, depends...but for me it worked lol.

Damn Vape is out of those colored tips. I would've had a field day over there.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I didn't know you had that mod,,,maybe the first I've seen around here, beside my blue one, or I've seen the other side and didn't realize. I've been using mine for 2 days now. TC
Yes I have had that mod since 11/20 when Dot had a 1/2 off Black Friday sale. Great mod , one of my favorites. I have 4 different Dot mods that I love. Plus on that 2020 Black Friday sale they had the door panels for $5.00 each so I went crazy on those too- lol
I don't have the subway edition of the Mongrel so I don't know what the differences are, I have the OG Mongrels and I don't use any insert, but I hope it is still a great RDA. I thought the only change was the inserts and honeycomb outside air flow holes instead of the slits? It is hard to make this Mongrel leak, very deep liquid channel wells. I have to try it with the glass cap, never used that either, lol.

20211005_090727.jpg

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*chuckling* Uh yes you can! Over squonk a Damn Mongrel, that is. *chuckling*

Not exactly sure how I did it. After all they got a 9 mm deep juice well. Thought my wick had gotten vaped out. Squonked. After a few minutes realized juice was coming down the Furyan. *smh* Leave it to me.

More than likely the "leak" is from my tilting while vaping, holding mod awaiting vaping. Do not think the leaking is from the RDA itself. More like user error, silly user tilted and let juice out the side air slots.

Will probably need to use the one of the three glass caps they sent. One was standard. Gifted two extra glass caps w/ extra o-ring packets in their boxes. Also got gifted a different type of 810 chuffy tip. It has a central bore then bores in a ring around it. That tip helps dissipate heat. Still think I'll be better off using my "simple" coils.

Even using simple coils the RDA is a phenom. Was unsure how the insert an airflow bit was going to work out. Don't foresee using anything but full. Still can see the design of their system works fine.
Machining & fitness all are aces.

Does it beat the Gorge? Well that's a "day o' the week" question, or "what my mood dictates" one. If it doesn't Monday I might say it does Thursday. Will leave them even keeled for now.

Would I plop another $40 for a Mongrel? Yes, probably would/will. At present though, I'm just being a bit of a tight fist, watching around. :) Not a matter of would/will but when.

Is the Mongrel a suggested "flavor banger"? Would say that it has a rather high likelihood of that. yes. I use unflavored but the subtle sweetness of the VG in my juice is coming through big time. Would imagine the RDA produces a lot of flavor if you got flavored juice/s going through it.

Also of note: The extra gifts were nice, yes. They played no part in me looking at the RDA favorably. Those who know, know I'm no shill. Products/services earn my good words. If I'm not talking about it, that says volumes too.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors