Become a Patron!

Low to Mid-Range

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought I saw them earlier. Good deal. I think he has extra pods in another thread too

Sent from a pile of wood chips

Ah, right on...
Invasion_of_the_Pod_People_VideoCover.png

Also....saw this smiley and thought you'd dig it...
gothicdrums.gif

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But, aren't you an Alien? :D

well yes, but what does that have to do with it?

What can flow from the minds of humans can be horrifying.

Most all aliens are not nearly as violent and such as humans and why humans will not be allowed out into the universe. the few violent species are confined to their planets to be violent to themselves if they so desire.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
well yes, but what does that have to do with it?

What can flow from the minds of humans can be horrifying.
Agreed. But now I'm thinking of Cthulhu...goood kitty...

( my cat's original name from the Humane Society was Maleficent, well-deserved too )

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I found a code for EVCigarettes that was in my email it was for 10% off on 6/9- 6/11
darn a few days too late for @Don29palms .
Maybe another sale for Father's Day?

mail

I am shocked! Don't think I have EVER seen a discount code from them, in nine years of vaping.

Speaking of which, today makes it nine years. It's my Vapeaversary today! I just realized!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am shocked! Don't think I have EVER seen a discount code from them, in nine years of vaping.

Speaking of which, today makes it nine years. It's my Vapeaversary today! I just realized!
That's awesome! Next year will be a decade!

Yay for me, I got the two blue Smok tanks I didn't have today. Now I'm just waiting on one more. Then I'll have all the (regular) blue ones they've made. That's not counting the little vape pen 22 or Nord type tanks. I have no interest in those low powered ones.

20200615_202940(1).jpg

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That's awesome! Next year will be a decade!

Yay for me, I got the two blue Smok tanks I didn't have today. Now I'm just waiting on one more. Then I'll have all the (regular) blue ones they've made. That's not counting the little vape pen 22 or Nord type tanks. I have no interest in those low powered ones.

View attachment 163165

I love my Nord AIO 22. But the tank is attached to it. Maybe you can use it separately with the Nord Pen 22. I was looking for another Nord AIO 19 or 22, so if you ever have one to spare, please let me know!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love my Nord AIO 22. But the tank is attached to it. Maybe you can use it separately with the Nord Pen 22. I was looking for another Nord AIO 19 or 22, so if you ever have one to spare, please let me know!
I never got or used any of those smaller ones. Wet Vapes had one of those tanks for very cheap. I forgot what it was called. Vape Pen tank? They were two bucks though. They might have some left if you're interested.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I never got or used any of those smaller ones. Wet Vapes had one of those tanks for very cheap. I forgot what it was called. Vape Pen tank? They were two bucks though. They might have some left if you're interested.

The one I have is an AIO, prolly pre Nord pod. The tank isn’t usable alone, unfortunately. But it’s a nice little stealth vape, especially with the plus ohm Nord coils.

I’ll look at Wet Vapes anyways, since any gear on sale now is good, considering how much stuff isn’t in stock. Thanks, Frank.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like Smok is making an Aegis type mod and a new TFV9 tank. The tank and coils look like a Big Baby and BB type but I don't know yet. If so, I have tons of those tanks already, but I'll get a blue one :D.
smok_scar-18_kit.jpg

SMOKTFV9Sub-OhmTank5ml_1_700x700.jpg
Quoting my own post here.. I like those red colored Scar-18 (Aegis-a-like) mods. Sourcemore has those mods on preorder for only $32. I'm tempted.. I was right about the tanks. The TFV9 tanks are essentially Big Baby Beast tanks with a different top fill. It slides up like the Nepho, but then hinges open. They got some new nichrome mesh coils you can use in any of your tanks that use Baby Beast coils.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here's a low-end gem. These little scissors from Dollar Tree actually make perfectly good cotton shears for vaping. They work about as good as the coil master ones.
View attachment 163537
I used something like this for years-
1904-361-(1).jpg

I'd cut wick tails with em. I also used one of the points for thinning and tucking into wick holes. I don't remember where I got the ones I really liked. All that they say is Stainless on one side and Italy on the other. I've bought lots of scissors like them but they weren't the same. They finally started getting a little dull so I got some like this to cut with-
810PwidYYPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I still use my old ones for thinning and tucking. I've tried the curved tweezers a la Mike Vapes style, but don't like them much.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I used something like this for years-
1904-361-(1).jpg

I'd cut wick tails with em. I also used one of the points for thinning and tucking into wick holes. I don't remember where I got the ones I really liked. All that they say is Stainless on one side and Italy on the other. I've bought lots of scissors like them but they weren't the same. They finally started getting a little dull so I got some like this to cut with-
810PwidYYPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I still use my old ones for thinning and tucking. I've tried the curved tweezers a la Mike Vapes style, but don't like them much.

Just the other day my husband stumbled across some little cuticle scissors like the ones you posted up top. He gave them to me and I just set them on a table nearby. The other day when I was wicking two Meshlock RDAs, they came in handy with cutting the cotton. Not nearly as fiddly as the stupid folding scissors I normally use (the ones that came in my vape toolkit). I also used them to tuck the wicks in. After that, they went into the vape toolkit!

Normally I do use curved tweezers for tucking. Like them just fine, too.

The one thing I seem to have trouble finding is wire snips that will stay sharp on the very tip ends. I've been through two pairs now, and I don't even build that much! Don't cut heavy wire, either. Seems like the ones I'm using now came from KP, and I figured they'd last a while, but no, not really.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just the other day my husband stumbled across some little cuticle scissors like the ones you posted up top. He gave them to me and I just set them on a table nearby. The other day when I was wicking two Meshlock RDAs, they came in handy with cutting the cotton. Not nearly as fiddly as the stupid folding scissors I normally use (the ones that came in my vape toolkit). I also used them to tuck the wicks in. After that, they went into the vape toolkit!

The one thing I seem to have trouble finding is wire snips that will stay sharp on the very tip ends. I've been through two pairs now, and I don't even build that much! Don't cut heavy wire, either. Seems like the ones I'm using now came from KP, and I figured they'd last a while, but no, not really.
You have to get cutters designed for hard wire like piano or guitar strings. Most all are designed for copper cutting which is much softer than the wire we use for coils.

I just buy 6 packs cutters for around $2/pair from Ali express and toss em after a few months.
good cutters that will hold up will cost over $20.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...mon-killer-multi-function-cutter-pliers-for-e

These work great.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just looked I tend to use the Plato model 120 cutters.
Have got some red handled ones for $4 at HF that worked ok too.

Just looked a 10 pack of the plato cutters are $26 at amazon.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Stay away from the Plato cutters.
You can also go on Amazon and search "flush cutters". You can get a nice pair of Kleins for just under $10.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know, don't you, that VapeNW still has the V2 for $9.99? Looks like it's in stock in both black and stainless. It's dual coil, and you know I normally like single coil better, but with light-ish coils in the V2, it is a stunning vape. I've just got dual 26ga round SS coils in this one, 0.22 ohms for the pair, running at 47.5 watts on my Shogun mod, and it's just ridiculous how good it is.
How are you getting the airflow lined up with the coils? I've been fiddling with it for a half hour and the only way I've found to do it is to loosen the positive pin, which I'm not willing to do. The airflow holes are not even close to pointing at the coils.

Then I find youtube videos of guys having to sand down the walls to get the airflow to point at the coils. Please tell me I'm missing something :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
How are you getting the airflow lined up with the coils? I've been fiddling with it for a half hour and the only way I've found to do it is to loosen the positive pin, which I'm not willing to do. The airflow holes are not even close to pointing at the coils.

Then I find youtube videos of guys having to sand down the walls to get the airflow to point at the coils. Please tell me I'm missing something :)

I'm not getting the airflow lined up with anything. I put in coils and wicks, prime them, put the thing back together, and vape it. Don't know that I've ever even thought about lining things up like that in any rta.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not getting the airflow lined up with anything. I put in coils and wicks, prime them, put the thing back together, and vape it. Don't know that I've ever even thought about lining things up like that in any rta.
Lol, it was frustrating me a bit too.

The first time I tried to set it up, one of the posts was blocking the airflow. I originally wanted to use the 4 hole method but whatever I do, two of the holes are blocked off by cotton or the posts. I'm thinking 4 holes might only be for a vertical coil set up?

@gsmit1 I ended up just turning the positive pin.. That way I could use the two hole method and have them both pointing directly at the coil. I might try vertical coils to see if I can use the 4 hole method.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Lol, it was frustrating me a bit too.

The first time I tried to set it up, one of the posts was blocking the airflow. I originally wanted to use the 4 hole method but whatever I do, two of the holes are blocked off by cotton or the posts. I'm thinking 4 holes might only be for a vertical coil set up?

@gsmit1 I ended up just turning the positive pin.. That way I could use the two hole method and have them both pointing directly at the coil. I might try vertical coils to see if I can use the 4 hole method.

Well it sounds like there's something I'm not getting, then. How do you know the airflow is blocked? When you draw on the RTA, does it have no air movement? Feels like tight MTL or something?

I'm using the 2-hole airflow, but I can change it to 4-hole and get considerably more air. I'm completely confused.

Ok, I think I see what you mean now, and I see why I wasn't seeing it before. I had airflow turned to about halfway open, so it was obstructing the view of the posts. On either 2-hole or 4-hole, the air to me works best when you adjust it to a half-position so that you can't see the posts. It feels to me like I get more air at half-open than I do at full-open.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it sounds like there's something I'm not getting, then. How do you know the airflow is blocked? When you draw on the RTA, does it have no air movement? Feels like tight MTL or something?

I'm using the 2-hole airflow, but I can change it to 4-hole and get considerably more air. I'm completely confused.

Ok, I think I see what you mean now, and I see why I wasn't seeing it before. I had airflow turned to about halfway open, so it was obstructing the view of the posts. On either 2-hole or 4-hole, the air to me works best when you adjust it to a half-position so that you can't see the posts. It feels to me like I get more air at half-open than I do at full-open.
I know you've been vaping a LOT longer than I have, but if I recall correctly you said you haven't been using rebuildables for most of that time?

I'm not trying to be a jackass or a know it all in any way. If you haven't found out yet, airflow positioning and coil placement make ALL the difference in how a rebuildable atomizer performs. I mean as in night and day, one thousand percent difference. The airflow directly hitting the coil/s is the key to flavor in practically every case.

Like @debinnv and I were talking about a couple weeks ago with the Themis RTA for instance. A small increase in leg length and change in coil placement is the difference between that atty being downright bad for flavor and it being downright awesome. No exaggeration.

With the RDTA V2 the airflow holes point more at the wicking and deck posts than at the coil itself. According to a five year old post on ECF a guy said he emailed Steamcrave asking about this and they told him it was by design. :confused: It turns out there was an actual controversy surrounding this back then. (before my time)

Some folks have come up with various ways to overcome this. Some more practical than others. The one that seems best and easiest is to put the deck in by itself with proper alignment and THEN screw down on the base. I plan to try that.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or like @Just Frank and I were talking about the BB/BBB rba deck. Pulling the doils right down to the airflow provices a very noticable increase in flavor.

Or with the Vaperz Cloud X1 rda. It's a bit of a pain, but building it with the coils WAY out from posts over the airflow brings a tremendous increase in flavor over just having them sitting in the middle of the deck like I saw many people doing it. The airflow holes are under the coils.
20200606_125443_cr.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I know you've been vaping a LOT longer than I have, but if I recall correctly you said you haven't been using rebuildables for most of that time?

I'm not trying to be a jackass or a know it all in any way. If you haven't found out yet, airflow positioning and coil placement make ALL the difference in how a rebuildable atomizer performs. I mean as in night and day, one thousand percent difference. The airflow directly hitting the coil/s is the key to flavor in practically every case.

Like @debinnv and I were talking about a couple weeks ago with the Themis RTA for instance. A small increase in leg length and change in coil placement is the difference between that atty being downright bad for flavor and it being downright awesome. No exaggeration.

With the RDTA V2 the airflow holes point more at the wicking and deck posts than at the coil itself. According to a five year old post on ECF a guy said he emailed Steamcrave asking about this and they told him it was by design. :confused: It turns out there was an actual controversy surrounding this back then. (before my time)

Some folks have come up with various ways to overcome this. Some more practical than others. The one that seems best and easiest is to put the deck in by itself with proper alignment and THEN screw down on the base. I plan to try that.

Yes, that's true. I've been using rebuildables for maybe two years. But I do understand the bit about the airflow. I just hadn't realized the need to think about it with RTAs - but - this isn't an RTA, it's an RDTA, and I guess that makes a big difference.

So yes, you can orient the deck so that the 2-hole air blows right onto the coils. I think @Just Frank must be correct that the 4-hole is for vertical builds. Seems like that's the only thing that makes sense. The airflow is definitely a lot smoother with the deck oriented correctly. I don't notice a big difference in flavor, but like I said, I had the air tightened down some anyway.

If I had read the instructions I might have seen this to begin with. Dunno. But thanks for pointing it out and educating me.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I bought a gunmetal Aromamizer Lite from @VinnySem in the Hardware thread. I put a 0.74 ohm N80 fused Clapton in it, and am running it at 32 to 35 watts, depending on the juice in it at the time.

This thing is what got me started on Aromamizers. Including the Lite, I have 7 of them now. The Lite is exceptional for midrange, restricted-DL vaping, and has great flavor. Don't think anyone (that I've seen, anyway) produces better fit and finish than this.

You know, don't you, that VapeNW still has the V2 for $9.99? Looks like it's in stock in both black and stainless. It's dual coil, and you know I normally like single coil better, but with light-ish coils in the V2, it is a stunning vape. I've just got dual 26ga round SS coils in this one, 0.22 ohms for the pair, running at 47.5 watts on my Shogun mod, and it's just ridiculous how good it is.

Just my two cents, but I'd buy four of the V2s in the place of one Lite. :)

One other thing - there is a small difficulty with the Lite. It's impossible to cut the airflow off completely with the airflow ring. I find that I have some slight leaking if I don't cut the airflow off completely during filling, so when I fill it, I have to finagle it with my hands to try to cover the remaining open air vents with my fingers while I fill the tank, recap it, then turn it upside down and release the airflow. It can be awkward.

No such difficulty with the V2.
pssssttttt or wait a few months ( wink wink ) Is someone having trouble with their V2? If so shoot me a pm if you need help with anything

VU Sponsors