Become a Patron!

JosCiv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi all,

I recently bought a Smoant Charon and this one requires two batteries. I received two batteries with the mod itself and I was wondering if I could use the other two batteries that I have left (I used them in my Baby AL85). One is rewrapped, the other one isn't. I saw many topics that batteries need to be married but if I start to use them together from now on is that still good? Also a friend of mine has used his batteries in a Wismec and he hasn't had any problems so far...

Thanks in advance!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the batteries are exactly the same brand/model and have about the same amount of usage you should be able to marry them.
If they do not meet those 2 requirements then no.

JosCiv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
They sure have the same amount of usage but is there anyway to check if it's the same brand (since I rewrapped it)?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The batteries should have writing on the metal case, which would require unwrapping I expect...

Those 2 rules are Per Battery Mooch.
Mixed marriage for batteries is not a social issue but a technical one and could end badly.

JosCiv

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I double checked it and they are both the same brand! If it should be a problem after how long will I notice it? Since my friend is using his mod for over 5 months and haven't had any issues (I know it's stupid...).

Thanks for the answer!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I double checked it and they are both the same brand! If it should be a problem after how long will I notice it? Since my friend is using his mod for over 5 months and haven't had any issues (I know it's stupid...).

Thanks for the answer!
They also need to be the same model ie 25R, etc.
If both are decent batteries you may never have a problem.
But for best performance and safety those 2 rules are best for married batteries.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
The batteries should have writing on the metal case, which would require unwrapping I expect...

Those 2 rules are Per Battery Mooch.
Mixed marriage for batteries is not a social issue but a technical one and could end badly.

A+

kirr45

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just out of curiosity, I know its better to be safe but are these tips based on past generations of mods where the devices were not as advanced as today? I'm thinking of the medical field as an example, its continuously evolving and data and treatment procedures sometimes become obsolete since they don't apply to today's standards. I have a friend charging his batteries directly in the USB socket on his Vaporesso Revenger and no problems at all.

Then again I guess this mostly applies to regulated mods. I have no idea about full mechs.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You will be hard-pressed to find someone who has done as much work, and acquired so much knowledge, about batteries and vaping as Mooch.

If you're in the US you can get authentic batteries for $5-8 each. Your mod won't
hurt you and neither will your tank. But if the batteries go, you stand a chance of being seriously injured or burning your house down. For $25 plus shipping you can have peace of mind. Don't be penny wise and dollar foolish.

VU Sponsors