Become a Patron!

MASON 30MM & 40MM DUMPTANK RTA BY VAPERGATE

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just ordered a 40mm Dumptank today. This was the first time I bought on a whim since the shop I bought it from had only one left of the 40mm. Anyone have any of the dumptanks already? I'd like some tips. I wonder what crazy builds will work best for each size, thoughts, etc. share them here.

ETA: Vapergate's wicking tutorial.

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am interested in the 30mm but want to wait until reports come out on it, the $60 price tag doesn't scream buy it now :giggle:

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am interested in the 30mm but want to wait until reports come out on it, the $60 price tag doesn't scream buy it now :giggle:

I took a chance since attys I personally find are getting harder to buy these with restrictions like ID needed, etc. plus some people are still hoarding for that Vapocolypse.

I tried to search YouTube and there was only one review. There is one discussion thread at Reddit and that's all I can find. I guess I'll be a Guinea pig for the 40mm. Supposedly today was the official release date for this tank so I guess that explains why there is hardly anything about these tanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really appreciate any feedback you can give on it @rowie

I have already been stockpiling so have to cut back. This tank does have my interest though, I generally run out of juice when I am on the road so big capacity is a big plus.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really appreciate any feedback you can give on it @rowie

I have already been stockpiling so have to cut back. This tank does have my interest though, I generally run out of juice when I am on the road so big capacity is a big plus.

Will do! Knowing the people in the East Coast and Europe, hopefully they'll be the first since I live in the West Coast. But as soon as I get it I'll review it critically.

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It will be interesting to see if the name lives out. That would be nice to be able to literally dump juice into this tank without the need of a dropper or unicorn bottles. :)

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got home and look what arrived! It's GINORMOUS!!!!!!!

bea8152da6bb31d22be8ba1022c88e66.jpg

0d6cfe3199226923ab9c366adcb2b0af.jpg

Ok the family has dinner ready already so no playing for now. Will be back later!!!

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Size comparison with the Modfather tank. I figured I might as well add these in before I clean this bad boy and build on it.

abe48cf32a3f7c152e0d9489b52d19bd.jpg

Close up

a019cb14ec5bf22f45cc92a6e095522d.jpg

Top view:

d6220d5d4dc4ac4317440c29969d8a3c.jpg

Need a big mod if you don't want overhang!

085cb6eaa6332941c5a957b2813a0667.jpg

Fits perfectly on the HOG v 1.3

266c07967ced28d837fa5dcd565a5396.jpg

Time to clean this bad boy up. He needs to soak in a warm vodka bath. Lol

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks y'all! I've been vaping on this for over an hour. I'm on my second bottle of water! It's that intense for me. Man I feel like I'm drowning in flavor and clouds. Really intense vaping experience out of all the rtas I own. I say for the vaping quality of the tank and experience, this definitely tops the Modfather!

My final thoughts
Pros:

*quality is A+ for what you pay for. Of course I got mine discounted at TheCloudyVapor site for joining their mailing list for 15% off. Good company with fast shipping. Not to mention they give you pop rocks and blow pops.

*Threading is super smooth.

*Nice protruding 510 pin for those hardcore mods. Although I don't think I'd put this big boy on a mech mod. But in a big series box of course!

*No leaking! No need to blow when refilling like other tanks.

*Easy to build and wick. Build the recommend size from Vapergate
which is 4 to 4.5 millimeter diameter and fill those cotton wells real good. That's it.

* top filling lives up to its name. Swing the top and DUMP DUMP DUMP that liquid!!!

*No spitbacks! I've yet to hear cackling and popping with sweet thick liquids on this rta. I'm vaping Beard salted Carmel and that is a thick sweet liquid.

*Perfect for chain vaping for long hours and especially for long drives.

*Does not form any condensation underneath the tank. When I switch it to other mods it's not wet underneath. The Modfather I find is always wet underneath whenever I switch it to other mods, but the Dumptank is dry underneath whenever I want to switch it to other mods.

*Hits hard for clouds and flavor. Keep lots of bottles of water when using this tank. You'll need it......

*No need to add cotton elsewhere like the Modfather. The cotton has a place, which is the built in cotton wells.

*Tank does not get hot cause it's so big.

*Lots of ways to adjust airflow to satisfy your vaping style.

*Easy to clean and assemble. Cleans beautifully like a piece of silver jewelry.

*I have more on positive attributes than cons.

Cons:

* Size is an overkill and it's hard to find a big mod that can avoid overhang. Like one of my family member says "it looks like you have the Eiffel Tower on any of your mods" LOL

*weighs like a ton when fully filled. If you have arthritis this will not be good for you. Combined with the older version HOG it feels like a ton.

*vaping experience is intense. If you don't like strong hits with flavors and clouds this will not be for you. Also if you use high nicotine levels you will have to use lower level nicotine as this tank produces intense flavors.

*If you don't like to build big this rta is not for you. It's meant for those that like to experiment with builds while having a tank as an added plus.

Had to go to my dining room to take this shot since it's super foggy in my office room. LMAO. Despite the size, I find this rta a real gem and a top notch performer! Cheers!

df13c5daf50c95f1821c55302872304c.jpg

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Great review @rowie !

Sigh......looks like the 30mm will go on my shopping list. I thought my hoarding was over, then this tank happened :gaah: :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just ordered the 30mm dumptank. Would have gotten the 40mm but have no mods that thing would fit on and look half way decent...lol

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just ordered the 30mm dumptank. Would have gotten the 40mm but have no mods that thing would fit on and look half way decent...lol
Nev, where did you find the 30mm?

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Can't wait to see the 30mm on here. I might have to get one as well.

Some helpful tips for the 40mm.

*when refilling cover the chimney hole to protect yourself from accidentally over filling from tipping the bottle in a way that will overfill it. Hard to control flow when dumping juice when you're not paying attention.

* close the bottom airflow holes when you are not going to use your dump tank for an extended period of time such as when you sleep. I tend to do this anyways with any of my tanks.

* Keep a vape rag with you. I tend to do this anyways since I'm OCD about keeping my mods clean.

* whenever refilling again don't forget to close off the bottom airflows. Open to desired when vaping.

* before closing the bottom airflows, gently puff some air out to blow any leftover vapors out to help minimize condensation buildup from the inside while its resting.

That's all I can think of for now.

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I really would like to get one for review...would pair nice with the 40mm Mason.

I just dont want to buy another large product and only have it for gimmicky purposes...Im sure many others would agree with me.

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really would like to get one for review...would pair nice with the 40mm Mason.

I just dont want to buy another large product and only have it for gimmicky purposes...Im sure many others would agree with me.

Totally agree with you. So far the 40mm is not gimmicky for me since I got this tank because I'm a hardcore chain vaper. I'm lazy refilling my Boreas and even my Modfather It's definitely useful to me, but then again everyone has there own reasons. For many I can see the size turning off a lot of people which is good they offer 30 mm. I wanna know if a 30 mm will be a juice eater before I get one, otherwise I'll stick to the 40mm

Dutch0hms

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can't wait till someone review that 30mm even tho that would even look bad on a RX .. ;')

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can't wait till someone review that 30mm even tho that would even look bad on a RX .. ;')

You will get about 3mm overhang in the front with a 30mm tank on the RX200. No overhang on the VT75, just make sure and build .25 ohms and above for that since it is only a 75 watt device. VT75 for a killer price right here, sign up for an account first to get a 10% off coupon before you order: https://ecig-city.com/collections/d...w-temperature-control-mod?variant=21888135491

Here is a 30mm tank on my VT75, talk about an all day setup, no need to bring juice when on the road ;)

aae231fe89c5fffe8dc1ed834baf296f.jpg

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
my local vape store chain posted to their IG they had these tanks in stock, 2 days after their 20% off on Wednesdays promo ends.... hopefully they have another similar promo starting up. If they do I might go see what sort of price I can get one out the door versus buying online next Wednesday.

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine leaks like a mofo!!! filled up the juice wells like recommended, little drip, not much, closed off air for the nit and woke up to a fuckin puddle....two nites in a row

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine leaks like a mofo!!! filled up the juice wells like recommended, little drip, not much, closed off air for the nit and woke up to a fuckin puddle....two nites in a row
Put an extra plastic ring under the rubber fill gasket. I just got mine and it leaked like crazy too. When I opened the fill port to empty the juice and rewick i noticed it was loose. I rewicked anyway and with the extra plastic ring (makes it 2) no more leaking at all. Been vaping it for 2.5 hours and dry.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
059bd56c4baf80568521a81fbc0117bc.jpg

I am really liking it so far and wow is it airy. I like an airy draw but I have the airflow closed to about half, perfect right there for me.

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Which version do you have. With my 40mm I've never had any leaking issues even overnight since I use mine daily.

Hmmmm are you using thin juices? Did you really make sure each cotton well is jam packed. Jam packed as in when you cut your wick you use leftover cotton to pack around the side holes of the cotton wells. Just make sure when it's jam packed you soak your cotton as well to ensure your cotton does not burn once fully assembled.

Did you follow the recommended build for your coils at the Vapergate website? Also did you insert the clear film under the silicone as recommended on the Vapergate website?

Hmmm so many factors are running through my head. Still, I'm sorry you're having this issue.

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, I didn't pack it like that. Really? Stuff it into the sides with the leftover? That seems like overkill and prone to dry hits.
And what is this clear film you speak of oh wise one? :) Guess I'll go visit the site when I have time.....oh, the 30mm version, 50/50 juice

edit.......dont see any help on the site

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is the clear film, there is already one there but in one of the bags they have extras and I added one more to make a better seal:

IMG_20160727_164431.jpg

rowie

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, I didn't pack it like that. Really? Stuff it into the sides with the leftover? That seems like overkill and prone to dry hits.
And what is this clear film you speak of oh wise one? :) Guess I'll go visit the site when I have time.....oh, the 30mm version, 50/50 juice

edit.......dont see any help on the site

If you vape at very high temps, I can see the packing method not a good method. But I tend to really pack it since I don't like to waste cotton with the cutting of the wick. When I do pack it, like how I described it, I make sure I saturate the cotton really well once I'm done wicking and before I assemble the entire unit. Also while I'm saturating the cotton, I take the time to shape it so that it looks neat and well saturated. Man I wish I was building so I can show you what mine looks like.

This is what that thin film looks like that you put underneath the silicone

a721cad9e1cb720a4046ffef6d93780b.jpg

Mjag mentions using two. I think that is another option for you if you don't want to overpack the wells with cotton. I might try his method as well of doubling it up.

And taken from Vapergate site:
5a6ff35f37c6bcfe6b7ef01ae76e7770.jpg

Looks like mjag beat me to it. LMAO. Thanks bro!

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, so I'm givin this tank another try. I really like the flavor (for it's size) and capacity, clouds just a bonus. So I have two of the plastic thingies in, harder to close but I'm thinkin that's a good thing. Wicked similar to the Griffin, that's what the one Youtube video shows, cotton barely showing underneath.
FUCK!!!! Put in 5ml in not 5 minutes ago and its leaking already!!!
OK.....so I stuffed cotton into the 4 juice ports @ the bottom.....5 min later leaking AGAIN!!! WTF????
Keep in mind, you may think ur dealing with a moron here, but I have absolutely no problems building...AND wicking on Crowns (no more tho) the Boreas, Griffin and the Aromamizer Supreme
It's like this thing is missing an oring or something. As long as I keep hitting on it it's fine, let it sit for a few min and puddle city!
No more patience for this thing tonite, maybe tomorrow I'll try putting in so much cotton it will hardly fit back together! Not what the video shows tho, not even close, shows wicking just like the Griffin but that doesn't cut it for me..GRRRR

PLUS....I lose ALL the juice out of the top flipping it over trying to rewick.....this thing has been a nightmare!!

Last edited:

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Trying another method I saw on youtube, this guy actually pulled the cotton thru the coils and down and thru the juice channels and cut em flush, seems to be working........so far

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you continue having leaking problems I would take the tanks apart and clean it again and check all the orings. I have gone through 2.5 tanks since I added the extra top gasket and have had no leaking whatsoever. I even did my wicks like I normally do, just the top of the cotton showing, not stuffed all the way down. My bud got his yesterday too and has a 4 hours commute and had no leaking issues as well so there is something in your tank that is letting the air in to cause that kind of leaking.

I had that happen to me with another tank awhile back ago, turned out it was the top orings was just barely off. With a magnifying eye piece I could see the part that was dry thus letting in air. I took off the oring and lubed it all up with juice, reinstalled and problem was solved.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I received my 30mm dump tank today. Very disappointed with it. I ordered the gunmetal color and the finish around the top is all messed up. Looks like shit. For a 60 dollar rta I had high hopes but this thing looks like it has been hit with a grinder. I bought it from vapergate directly and have sent them an email so will see what they say. Ive had the worst luck recently.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received my 30mm dump tank today. Very disappointed with it. I ordered the gunmetal color and the finish around the top is all messed up. Looks like shit. For a 60 dollar rta I had high hopes but this thing looks like it has been hit with a grinder. I bought it from vapergate directly and have sent them an email so will see what they say. Ive had the worst luck recently.
Dayum, sorry to hear how it showed up. I am sure they will make it right.

I am really enjoying mine, luckily I DIY my own juice cuz this tank is burning through it. I had the tank half full of juice last night and no leaks when I got up.

I love this combo, have it in SS TC mode and it is vaping like a champ with dual SS claptons at .43 ohms. I normally build lower but since this is a 75 watt mod had to be realistic.

83c5ef7065ea371195a42c2b6047a655.jpg

84Harley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So my latest wicking experiment didn't work either, tank "dumped" all my juice out after 1/2 hour of non use. Thankfully I DIY too, otherwise I'd be SUPER pissed all the juice I'm going thru.....and not vaping!!
Contacted the seller, hopefully let me make an exchange, not holding my breath tho
I did check all the orings, cleaned everything, same shit! Leaks like crazy outta the AFC!! Oh, btw, what is that black oring that came with it for?

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dayum, sorry to hear how it showed up. I am sure they will make it right.

I am really enjoying mine, luckily I DIY my own juice cuz this tank is burning through it. I had the tank half full of juice last night and no leaks when I got up.

I love this combo, have it in SS TC mode and it is vaping like a champ with dual SS claptons at .43 ohms. I normally build lower but since this is a 75 watt mod had to be realistic.

83c5ef7065ea371195a42c2b6047a655.jpg

Make sure it looks like it did when it was delivered, if they find out you used it they won't replace it..... They screw people with that line...... Sorry sir you used it, we won't be able to issue a refund or exchange.......

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Make sure it looks like it did when it was delivered, if they find out you used it they won't replace it..... They screw people with that line...... Sorry sir you used it, we won't be able to issue a refund or exchange.......

I haven't touched it. I put it back in its box and it's sitting here waiting on a reply to my email.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Good

So I received an email back and they said they would send me a return label for me to send in the top section that's damaged and would sent a new top section. I wanted a whole new tank but I'll take what I can get. Now kinda makes me wanna test the whole tank to make sure it's working right. So if it's not I can just send it all back. Hmmm

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone else's air flow ring move a little up and down. Mine has slight play??
On the Modfather it should be Virgin tight..... No play at all, maybe replace the gaskets...... It should be tight to adjust the airflow......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking at a new tank coming out next week..... The new Griffin 25plus .... Different top options, 19mm deck just like the Modfather and 3mm post holes on a bottom afc velocity style deck ..... And only 25mm....... Check it..... Fucking 6ml and beautiful.......

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry didn't mean to crash your Mason thread, I thought it was the Modfather thread.......

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
On the Modfather it should be Virgin tight..... No play at all, maybe replace the gaskets...... It should be tight to adjust the airflow......

I have a 30mm dumptank, not a modfather...lol

I didn't notice it until you mentioned it, yeah, mine has a little play
Lol.. yeah when it's on the mod it's fine but when it's not on a mod you can notice it. Not a big deal. Can't wait to get my new top section and actually vape this 30mm.

Edit: hope I don't have leaking once I finally get it going like the person mentioned earlier in this thread. Fingers crossed..

VU Sponsors