Become a Patron!

Minor Strawberry Discussion (technically applies to all flavors)

Boogenshizzle

Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Please remember, it's not JUST about throwing a bunch of strawberries together. You still have to understand your flavors and percents needed to accomplish the TYPE of strawberry you are looking for. Each strawberry brings a different aspect of the berry to the table. I use almost all strawberries I can find, but each one is used for the specific accent that it can give to the berry I'm looking for as a whole. From Syrup to Fresh ripe berries, it CAN be done.

a few examples.

Body strawberries: TFA Ripe, FA red touch,
Poppy strawberries: Cap SS, TFA strawberry,
Syrup: Real Flavors SC, Flavor Revolution Sweet Strawberry.
INSANELY bright: Inawera Wild strawberry (somewhere between candy, syrup, bright, just delicious, just NOT by itself).

So do your homework on how the strawberry in YOUR recipe is going to taste and use the strawberries needed to accomplish the taste you want.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ahh but sadly all of those I have tried either have very little strawberry taste or have excessive chemical taste to me.

I have mixed up some super secret strawberry flavoring and it is steeping I think it will be ok as I remember it from over a year ago before I became a Cromwell's Custard addict.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might be one of those people who just can't taste strawberry. It is possible.
Ohh I taste REAL strawberry, just not artifical strawberry.
Love strawberries and Smuckers strawberry jam.
The artificial stuff like the strawberry quick sucks though.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well my uber secret strawberry flavoring I have been re-trying after a 2 yr absence due to getting sidetracked by 'professional' mixers on youtube that can taste strawberry and do not taste artificial chemicals much has steeped for 2 weeks and is very nice.
I mixed at 10% and think I need maybe up to 5 more %. It is natural and not as concentrated as the artificial flavorings.

If you like strawberry and or have problems with tasting in in your mixes I do recommend giving this a try. This is an authentic strawberry not a candied one.

www.flavorconcentrates.com.
PG based as I recall and maybe some alc but I do not taste the alc and I have the bitter gene and do taste just alcohol.

I also like their Blueberry, Bananna and peach.
I used to make a Strawnanner juice from their concentrates that was quite tasty.

I do recommend a 2 week min steep.
Can be shake and vape but improves quite a bit with steep.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well my uber secret strawberry flavoring I have been re-trying after a 2 yr absence due to getting sidetracked by 'professional' mixers on youtube that can taste strawberry and do not taste artificial chemicals much has steeped for 2 weeks and is very nice.
I mixed at 10% and think I need maybe up to 5 more %. It is natural and not as concentrated as the artificial flavorings.

If you like strawberry and or have problems with tasting in in your mixes I do recommend giving this a try. This is an authentic strawberry not a candied one.

www.flavorconcentrates.com.
PG based as I recall and maybe some alc but I do not taste the alc and I have the bitter gene and do taste just alcohol.

I also like their Blueberry, Bananna and peach.
I used to make a Strawnanner juice from their concentrates that was quite tasty.

I do recommend a 2 week min steep.
Can be shake and vape but improves quite a bit with steep.
@Mykreign

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have pretty much quit chasing flavors.
have piffed out about 1/3 of my flavoring inventory.
Got burned too many times listening to Fresh03, DIY or Die, etc saying how great a flavor was only to be disappointed.
Moving back to some older fruit flavorings that I used a couple of years ago.
And of course staying with CAP VC V1 :)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've gotten lucky with most of my recent purchases of the unknown, with the exception of a few Flavorah and Real Flavors. And the spokespersons for some of those are, IMO, getting some pretty hefty kickbacks. I PIFed most of those, as well.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've gotten lucky with most of my recent purchases of the unknown, with the exception of a few Flavorah and Real Flavors. And the spokespersons for some of those are, IMO, getting some pretty hefty kickbacks. I PIFed most of those, as well.
never hit Flavorah, but meh on real flavors....
Tried maybe 10 of theirs and not a one hit me right.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd recommend a handful of Flavorah, but that doesn't mean you'd particularly care for them. The best RF to me was their blue raz sour candy, it can stand by itself as a very good flavor. All the others I've tried need a "boost" from another flavor or few.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd recommend a handful of Flavorah, but that doesn't mean you'd particularly care for them. The best RF to me was their blue raz sour candy, it can stand by itself as a very good flavor. All the others I've tried need a "boost" from another flavor or few.
Yep I am overly persnickity on flavors.
Due to my bitter Gene and being a bit of a super taster.
Never been able to handle strong flavored stuff.
Such as Barbecue flavored chips and such.

EDIT: Not that I do not like the barbecue chip flavoring just too much of it.

But I have found that for the most part if I like something most people will at least not find it offensive.

Last edited:

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed at 10% and think I need maybe up to 5 more %.

Was that the total for the recipe or a flavor? I looked at the site and found it interesting. It's a bit more than the usual but worth it if it works. Like you, I have a problem with strawberry.

Ishkabibble

Gotta eat the lettuce
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Strawberry just seems to fade for me after a while. Going to try what Cromwell recommended to me and get some Flavor Concentrates Strawberry and give it a go.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was that the total for the recipe or a flavor? I looked at the site and found it interesting. It's a bit more than the usual but worth it if it works. Like you, I have a problem with strawberry.
~15% for a standalone flavor.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for looking out for me TP :)

I have FLV Alpine strawberry arriving today. We'll see how that goes. So much mixing to do today.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Start low with the Alpine. Like 1 drop in 10 ml of base which works out to 0.2% to start. It's a strong one which makes the price a little easier to take.

VU Sponsors