Become a Patron!

Mixing salt nic with freebase nic

I am new here and new to vaping so please be patient with my lack of knowledge. I’m not getting quite enough throat hit from 35mg salt nic in my Nord Smok with the 1.4 coil. Can I add freebase nic to fix this problem or more salt nic? I just switched from the Juul which I was using 60 and 65mg pods in. I switched because I was tired of buying prefilled pods that are getting more and more difficult to find in the strength I need. Also, the Juul battery life is terrible. I was smoking about 1 pack per day before I got the Juul. I’ve found that the Smok with 35mg salt nic is barely giving me the same throat hit but is much smoother and the flavor is so much better. Is it better to just try a 50 mg salt nic or experiment with adding freebase to my 35mg salt nic? What am I doing wrong? Or right?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
60-65mg is ridiculously strong. I've never used a juul. But if you want more throat hit more PG is the answer. I don't know what ratio your used to. But if you're mixing you can try different vg/pg ratios until you find one that works for you. You shouldn't need more than 35mg salts.

Boyblue

Member For 3 Years
Either option is good. If the 35mg is sufficient as far as nic level then your second option seems better. You might be able to use an even lower level nic salt like 25mg and add freebase nic for throat hit.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
There are quite a few that use freebase/salts together. More pg would help with th but would thin your juice. "Hit" is a good option as well. You have several options. Some flavors can also add to th.

i have not tried juul either, but have been mixing salt with freebase basically since i started vaping. the company i use now has a standard 80/20 for freebase and 50/50 for their salts (incidentally, the only place i have found that makes their own salts). i mix 12mg freebase with 25mg salts and find this works for me on every level.
right now, i am using a breeze 2 pod system with the .6Ω coil, as i did not like the 1.0Ω. in addition, i've never used this unit for MTL
am awaiting delivery of an eleaf ijust 21700, and suss i will be changing my formula, as this unit will be used with .2Ω coils.
not concerned with the "don't subohm salts" warning, as i am aware of the reason and will, as already mentioned, adjust accordingly.
will report back with results.

VU Sponsors