Become a Patron!
Hey im getting a vape & thinking about getting the joyetech evic vtc mini with a kanger toptank mini, anyways according to many reviews the joyetech eats battery in wattage mode due to puff counter etc, so im wanting to use it in TC mode but theres only titanium and nickel for tc mode options on the mod, so would it be safe to use some Clapton wire? As long as the ohms on the wire matched up to the mod resistance and what not? Or am i just being too skeptical? Pretty new to this, so id rather be extremely cautious then have it blow up or something. (Toptank mini comes with rba deck so for when i do that or get an rda)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Once you install the upgrade to the VTC mini, you won't have the puff counter and you'll be able to use SS wire. The download is super easy and available on the Joyetech website.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It eats battery because it's a single 18650 mod...
Since u are new
Use the coil heads that comes with the tank
CLAPTONS??? Why???
As long as ur mod is regulated, legit 18650 batt you are safe...the mod will not let you fire anything that it can't handle..

Vape On

Once you install the upgrade to the VTC mini, you won't have the puff counter and you'll be able to use SS wire. The download is super easy and available on the Joyetech website.
Alright sweet thanks! spot on with timing too, is ss better then kanthal? Or should i go check other forums, im sure its already been discussed.

It eats battery because it's a single 18650 mod...
Since u are new
Use the coil heads that comes with the tank
CLAPTONS??? Why???
As long as ur mod is regulated, legit 18650 batt you are safe...the mod will not let you fire anything that it can't handle..

Vape On
At first yeah the premade coils though when i get comfortable, and looking at a velocity rda clone, i kinda go balls to the wall when i do something so eh.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I've tried SS and kanthal. Good flavor from both, IMO. Check out the coils sub-forum for other people's experiences. I haven't built anything with SS.

Also, when you do the upgrade with that mod, it'll take it from 60w to 75w. I love mine.

i grately appreciate both of you, definitely eased my concerns a bit, with the update + a spare battery ill be solid im sure. Thanks again and take it easy. ✌

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At first yeah the premade coils though when i get comfortable, and looking at a velocity rda clone, i kinda go balls to the wall when i do something so eh.
If you really think you're going to jump deep, look for a dual-cell mod with 100+ watts, or that mini could quickly run out of power... I've got a single-18650 75w mod, but if I'm using it anywhere North of 40 watts it eats batteries like every hour or two.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone

If you really think you're going to jump deep, look for a dual-cell mod with 100+ watts, or that mini could quickly run out of power... I've got a single-18650 75w mod, but if I'm using it anywhere North of 40 watts it eats batteries like every hour or two.

fat fingered flubs courtesy dumb mobile phone
Since im new i figured the mini and toptank would be best starters, im also looking at the velocity clone and maybe the noisey cricket by wismec, don't want to jump in too deep just yet. I know it gets pretty sophisticated.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Noisy Cricket is, I believe, a dual-cell hybrid mech - there's a lot of learning to be done on how to safely use a hybrid mech - it can certainly be done, but that's probably not a first mod...

The only reason I suggest the dual-cell regulated mod is because you mentioned building on a Velocity (which is a great starter RDA, wish they had those when I first got into building). Your Toptank will probably be happy at less than 30 watts, meaning you'll get plenty of life out of a single battery and won't be stressing it much. But most RDA builds will want much more power, meaning you'll be running your mod near its limit and draining batteries fast - lots of people end up vaping at well over 75 watts, which wouldn't even be an option...that said, if you're happy with your selection give it a go! Lots of people love their VTC Minis and even if you do go out looking for more power you'll still have a small, pocket-friendly mod for out and about.

Noisy Cricket is, I believe, a dual-cell hybrid mech - there's a lot of learning to be done on how to safely use a hybrid mech - it can certainly be done, but that's probably not a first mod...

The only reason I suggest the dual-cell regulated mod is because you mentioned building on a Velocity (which is a great starter RDA, wish they had those when I first got into building). Your Toptank will probably be happy at less than 30 watts, meaning you'll get plenty of life out of a single battery and won't be stressing it much. But most RDA builds will want much more power, meaning you'll be running your mod near its limit and draining batteries fast - lots of people end up vaping at well over 75 watts, which wouldn't even be an option...that said, if you're happy with your selection give it a go! Lots of people love their VTC Minis and even if you do go out looking for more power you'll still have a small, pocket-friendly mod for out and about.
Well i initially got into it to stop the cancer sticks but hitting my buddies i mods got a wee carried away. Think im going to go with my vtc mini with tank, then for cloudchasing grab more powerful setup, still learning lots about it im sure im going to change my mind about the whole rda setup a million times, though pretty set on the little guy/tank for quittin', now are you familiar with the griffin rta by geek vape?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard of it, but I only build RDAs - if you look in the rebuildable section I'm sure there's plenty of discussion on it. I recommend starting with an RDA, lots more room to work with than the tiny decks and fiddly wicking on RTAs that tend to frustrate some new users...

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
please...what the fuck is the purpose of a "puff counter" and who uses it and for what reason.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
please...what the fuck is the purpose of a "puff counter" and who uses it and for what reason.
Lol
I think a puff counter is just part of the whistles and bells package on certain mods...useless, lololo

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors