Become a Patron!

More Airflow on the Limitless RDTA Plus?

Should I increase the airflow?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone,

First time posting here, glad to finally join. I wanted to get some others opinions on something before i go ahead with it. I had the original limitless RDTA and i liked it, but i love the upgraded build deck on the plus, as well as the bigger juice well. Anyways, on my plus, I run triple twisted 26 gauge 7 wraps at 0.15-0.20 ohms. I prefer a warmer, thicker vape. It gets really good clouds already, but i feel like there could be more here. I have tried claptons, straight parallel wraps, aliens, and a bunch of other coil wraps, and i prefer twisted all day. IMO it has the best performance for me. I wanted to get some opinions on the airflow though.

I am thinking of opening up the two slotted airflow ports on the side of the cap. I am thinking of using my dremel and pulling the opening just a hair bigger on all 4 sides. Nothing too extreme because i don't want to ruin the structural integrity of the cap.

Does anyone know if this will cause my coils to be overworked, or the cotton to not have a chance to wick? If anyone has any experience with opening up the stock airflow on any RDA, please let me know how much you opened it, and how the performance was before/after. I would really appreciate it!

Vape on!
Murse

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
flavor is all about airlfow to vapor ratio. it depends on the coil. If you think the airflow you get isn't enough then go for it. If you are ok with the airflow don't bother to change it. Newer attys like your L+ should be fine. last time I had to drill for extra air was a patriot rda lol

Personally I wouldn't take a drill to an atty anymore. You can always but one with more airflow if needed

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMO the Limitless Plus is way to airy, it's a cloud chaser, not a flavor device. Only way I can get a 1/2 way acceptable Vape is to put a giant fat ass fused Clapton series build and run it on my series mods. I then cut the airflow down to about 1/2 and I then get an acceptable Vape with some flavor and density. If you're looking for more clouds then you can drill it out, but the flavor and density is going to suffer, suffer pretty significantly.

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks guys. I won't mess around with it. I am having an odd issue though. I just did a 26g kanthal chain link 8 wrap which came out to 0.14 when I first put it on the L+, fired it to get the inside out burn, checked the screw tightness, put the cap on, and the resistance went up to 0.28. Any ideas why? I cleaned the connector on the mod (fuchai 213) and the tank, changed the batteries, and rewicked it. Nothing changed. Any ideas why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks guys. I won't mess around with it. I am having an odd issue though. I just did a 26g kanthal chain link 8 wrap which came out to 0.14 when I first put it on the L+, fired it to get the inside out burn, checked the screw tightness, put the cap on, and the resistance went up to 0.28. Any ideas why? I cleaned the connector on the mod (fuchai 213) and the tank, changed the batteries, and rewicked it. Nothing changed. Any ideas why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it shouldn't jump like that at all. something has to be loose somewhere. since it went up by exactly double i would assume one of your coils popped since each coil would be .28 when in a dual coil set up becomes .14. make sure to double check everything. maybe you hit it with the top cap when putting on and it broke? maybe the coil is touching something metal on the inside?

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it shouldn't jump like that at all. something has to be loose somewhere. since it went up by exactly double i would assume one of your coils popped since each coil would be .28 when in a dual coil set up becomes .14. make sure to double check everything. maybe you hit it with the top cap when putting on and it broke? maybe the coil is touching something metal on the inside?

Screws are on tight as possible... took the mouthpiece off and check to make sure it wasn't making contact with anything, it isn't. It's firing evenly, and all the wraps are in tact.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Screws are on tight as possible... took the mouthpiece off and check to make sure it wasn't making contact with anything, it isn't. It's firing evenly, and all the wraps are in tact.
really too hard to figure out over a forum TBH. w/o the exact wire specs, estimating what the coil should be is impossible. but resistance jumping to double isn't normal. ID how many mods/meters you have but I'd check it on a few to see if it's consistent. also make sure the 510 on the bottom of the limitless plus is tight

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks Sir. I go to my local vape shop pretty often. Have a few friends who work there. I'll check with them tomorrow. Thanks for the help man. If we solve it, I'll throw it back up here.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks Sir. I go to my local vape shop pretty often. Have a few friends who work there. I'll check with them tomorrow. Thanks for the help man. If we solve it, I'll throw it back up here.
Sounds good

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
IMO the Limitless Plus is way to airy, it's a cloud chaser, not a flavor device. Only way I can get a 1/2 way acceptable Vape is to put a giant fat ass fused Clapton series build and run it on my series mods. I then cut the airflow down to about 1/2 and I then get an acceptable Vape with some flavor and density. If you're looking for more clouds then you can drill it out, but the flavor and density is going to suffer, suffer pretty significantly.

I did find the vape on simple coils lacking (although lots of cloud. Threw in some SS Claptons, air halfway open on TC, and found it a far better vape as well. Far better flavor, but it's far from a flavor tank. I enjoy it, but I still couldn't see it as my ADV, YMMV. Besides, it still sucks juice down like crazy.

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I did find the vape on simple coils lacking (although lots of cloud. Threw in some SS Claptons, air halfway open on TC, and found it a far better vape as well. Far better flavor, but it's far from a flavor tank. I enjoy it, but I still couldn't see it as my ADV, YMMV. Besides, it still sucks juice down like crazy.

Definitely man. We all have our preferences and that's the beauty of vape. Love the customization factor. Personally, the best vape for me has been twisted coils.

I'm at the vape shop now, and I just disassembled my tank. I noticed in the post holes for the bottom screws (horizontal screws) the inside is grooved, as if the screws were drilled in there. I replaced these once since I've had the tank, and I used the replacement screws that came with the tank. I am not sure what you all think about this, if it could be the cause of my resistance issues.

After I disassembled it, I put in a new coil (twisted coils without any kinks or anything). When I first put the coils in (dual coil), the resistance was 0.18. Fired it a few times to start glowing it, and the resistance dropped to 0.12-0.14. Normal and expected. Fired it a bit more and did a few pinches to get it glowing inside out, and sure enough, the resistance spiked to 0.28. I cannot, for the life of me, figure it out.

Any more thoughts?
Murse

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright, so after all this, it ended up being my coils. My buddy at the shop said that he doesn't know why twisted wires did this in my mod, but I threw in some prebuilt claptons they had and voila. Solid 0.17 steady. No idea why i was able to get it so low with these and not mine, but I guess claptons are just the way for me.... for now

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright, so after all this, it ended up being my coils. My buddy at the shop said that he doesn't know why twisted wires did this in my mod, but I threw in some prebuilt claptons they had and voila. Solid 0.17 steady. No idea why i was able to get it so low with these and not mine, but I guess claptons are just the way for me.... for now
99.9% of all I vape on are fused claptons. They're easy to make, easy to mount, great performance and the flavor is awesome.

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah they aren't bad by any means. I never stuck with them, I am not sure why though. It hits nice, good flavor, and a clean look on the deck. Can't complain about em!

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Do whatever you feel you need to do to get a satisfying vape

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do whatever you feel you need to do to get a satisfying vape

Definitely. Love the "user preference" of vaping. I put in a parallel 24 gauge nichrome into the plus and it hits much nicer than the twisted i had been using. I enjoy it a lot more and i feel it gives me more resistance. More resistance = harder pull = more vapor, in my theory.

Vape on!
Murse

VU Sponsors