Movie Talk

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Watching [REC]4. Loading very slowly so watching piece by piece but judging by the first few minutes it's going to be as good as the previous ones.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK, I stand corrected, the fourth installment is pretty boring, still have about a third of the way to go so maybe something spectacular will happen but so far yawn

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK giving up. I've seen too many zombie movies to sit through another sub-par one. Going to watch the latest Homeland and Newsroom instead. So much for [REC]4.

TiGs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Alright! another FireFly fan.

I just watched Guardian of the Galaxy and it's a fun popcorn movie.

<--- Die hard Star Wars fan. I could never get into BSG...or Star Trek for that matter. I watched a few episodes of the "new" BSG and wasn't impressed by it. I don't think I've ever watched the older stuff.

No, the only sci-fi I've ever been impressed with outside of Star Wars was Firefly (obviously). And that didn't even last a full season.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Alright! another FireFly fan.

I just watched Guardian of the Galaxy and it's a fun popcorn movie.

Can't stop the signal!

I have to admit, GotG didn't appeal to me at all when I saw the previews for it. But pretty much everyone I know, even in my geek circles, says it's a good movie. I need to remember to add it to my watch list.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can't stop the signal!

I have to admit, GotG didn't appeal to me at all when I saw the previews for it. But pretty much everyone I know, even in my geek circles, says it's a good movie. I need to remember to add it to my watch list.
I hesitated to watch it as well but ended up liking it. It has some really funny moments.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Yeah...what's the other movie that everyone always talks about? Uh...Has Tim Allen in it. Supposed to be a spoof of Star Trek or something.

I thought that looked stupid also, and have never seen it. But everyone always talks about how good it is.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah...what's the other movie that everyone always talks about? Uh...Has Tim Allen in it. Supposed to be a spoof of Star Trek or something.

I thought that looked stupid also, and have never seen it. But everyone always talks about how good it is.
Galaxy Quest. Thanks!! Just added that to my Netflix list as well.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Watching Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

TiGs

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Galaxy Quest. Thanks!! Just added that to my Netflix list as well.

Ha. I watched Galaxy Quest two weeks ago, never seen it before then. I thought it was funny and Sigourney Weaver has a nice rack in the movie.

"Time for some thrilling heroics" - Jayne

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ha. I watched Galaxy Quest two weeks ago, never seen it before then. I thought it was funny and Sigourney Weaver has a nice rack in the movie.

"Time for some thrilling heroics" - Jayne
Just watched Galaxy Quest too. Fun movie.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
About to watch The Guest.

(turned out to be really DUMB)

Last edited:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Watching Gone Girl for the second time.

Nitrowolf72

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Done watched Thor The Dark World, Guardians of the Galaxy, X-Men Days of Future Past and Mr. Peabody and Sherman. Gonna watch Captain America The Winter Soldier tomorrow.

Sent from my LGL35G

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I liked The Winter Soldier way better than the first one. I love all the Marvel movies. Just wrapped up Guardians of the Galaxy a couple minutes ago. SO much fun.

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Galaxy Quest
Loved Tony Shalhoub's "weedhead" Scotty

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Tonight I watch "The Drop"

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
cable was cutoff for a few days, so spent some time watching old favs- stripes, one flew over the coocoos nest, life of brian, house of a thousand corpses, But of all the movies I wanted to watch the most, I couldn't find my young Frankenstein.
I love prat falls and silliness. and over the top horror.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK going to watch it, The Interview. I'm sure it's dumb and all this North Korea stuff was just a publicity stunt to get a bunch of people to watch a dumb movie but here we go.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just watched Foxcatcher. I was really surprised how boring it is. I was expecting something much more intense. Steve Carell was superb in his strictly dramatic portrayal of John du Pont; he's barely recognizable. And Channing Tatum and Mark Ruffalo also give it their all. But for the life of me I have no idea what was going on. What was the problem between du Pont and Mark Schultz? Why did du Pont do what he did at the end of the film? I was expecting something in the lines of Rocky and instead it was more like Behind the Candelabra. I know it's based on a true story but I had no idea what the motivation of anyone was, why what was happening was happening. And the editing made it so long and drawn out. In one scene, du Pont asks his driver if its snowing out, the driver says no, and then they just stand / sit there for ten or more seconds as if something important was happening in the stillness and silence. Except nothing important was happening. They were just sitting / standing there. When the credits finally rolled after two long hours all I could do was shrug and ask "What the hell was that even about?"

Last edited:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Watched it on Christmas night. I was so bored I fell asleep after the first 10 minutes, but my 17-year old liked it and watched the whole thing:p
Oh, glad I'm not the only one. I was so looking forward to seeing it and was so disappointed.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Likewise, I'm glad I'm not the only one!
I had to do a little web surfing to try to figure out what the story was about and came up with this article

http://www.courierpostonline.com/st...dder-john-du-ponts-bizarre-downfall/13556321/

I'm wondering why they didn't concentrate more on du Pont's madness. The movie makes him out as eccentric but not insane. If they had portrayed his mental problems the ending would make some sense. Plus apparently there was a 48 hour stand off between du Pont and police that was wrapped up in about fifteen seconds at the end of the film that could have been the big climax. Poor film making. Probably will win an Oscar.

Diesel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just watched Guardians of the Galaxy. Now I'm dl the soundtrack.

Clouded up One

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I watched Ragnarok on Netflix last night, thought I was in for some good mythology geekness. No. It's like Anaconda in Finland only stoopider.

Diesel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I watched Ragnarok on Netflix last night, thought I was in for some good mythology geekness. No. It's like Anaconda in Finland only stoopider.
Total disappointment. Thanks for the heads up. Don't need anymore stoooopidness.

Clouded up One

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
While I was goofing around on VU last night, boyfriend watched 47 Ronin. I was mostly paying attention to it, while cruising threads. I thought it was pretty good, he enjoyed it. Not "blockbuster" but not bad at all. He also recorded The Lego Movie, lol. You know, for that kid in him. ;)

Diesel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
While I was goofing around on VU last night, boyfriend watched 47 Ronin. I was mostly paying attention to it, while cruising threads. I thought it was pretty good, he enjoyed it. Not "blockbuster" but not bad at all. He also recorded The Lego Movie, lol. You know, for that kid in him. ;)
I liked 47 ronin. Now the Lego movie was the shiznit. Laughed a lot. Great movie.

Clouded up One

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been wanting to see that one Huck. Big fan of Tadanobu Asano. If you like weird Japanese movies, watch Ichi the Killer. It's freeeeaky.

glassgrl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Total disappointment. Thanks for the heads up. Don't need anymore stoooopidness.

Clouded up One
Yeah, very little mythology. Another movie that the guys talked me into watching was Anchorman 2 directors cut. OMG. I felt my brains leaking out after 5 minutes, and even they shut it off after 20 minutes. So bad. So so bad.

Diesel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, very little mythology. Another movie that the guys talked me into watching was Anchorman 2 directors cut. OMG. I felt my brains leaking out after 5 minutes, and even they shut it off after 20 minutes. So bad. So so bad.
So I've heard. I used to like Will Ferrell but now all his movies are the same character. Pushing it too far. It's old and tired. I can better ways to destroy the gray matter.

Clouded up One

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just wrapped up Sound and Fury on Netflix. Really bittersweet, controversial and not for everyone, but I was happy.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Watching The Missouri Breaks, a 1976 western starring Jack Nicholson and Marlon freakin' Brando no less. I can't remember if I've ever watched this one before. Should be interesting.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just saw Wild http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2305051/?ref_=nv_sr_1

It was okay, thought it would be a bit better. It was hard to watch, kept having flashbacks that were disjointed and piecemeal. I also didn't see the entire point of it because she goes out on a two month hike in order to escape her addictions yet on the way she boozes it up and sleeps with a stranger so didn't see how she escaped anything really. Reese Witherspoon gives a great performance but otherwise it was long and sort of predictable.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The book Wild got rave reviews.

We just watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Not my kinda thing, but he really liked it.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The book Wild got rave reviews.

We just watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Not my kinda thing, but he really liked it.
I wasn't that impressed with Planet of the Apes either. Not enough actual story, just cgi special effects from beginning to end, and how in the short time that apes were evolving did they learn to tame and ride horses? They still lived in trees. You have to have stables and grazing pastures to raise horses.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I forgot to mention this the other night, but the Lego Movie is AWESOME! You have to say it really fast and excited when you say that. SO GOOD!

BrutusGM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bird Man is really good! Different movie in that is done to be all in one shot in and around a stage theatre in New York. So be rested and focused watching the movie. Good performance from a really great cast!! Oh ya and a drumming score to boot!!

I also saw Imitation Game a couple of days ago. Pretty good but did not fully captivate me. Benedict did a fine job portraying a brilliant but socially awkward individual but some how left not feeling tension that the movie seemed to be trying to convey.

I am looking forward for the new Road Warrior movie coming Fury Road.. And of course Inherent Vice!!!

Take it easy!!

-=|Brutus

BrutusGM

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
But of all the movies I wanted to watch the most, I couldn't find my young Frankenstein.
I love prat falls and silliness. and over the top horror.

Well for Prat Falls and silliness it looks like Padington is going to be right up your ally.. I had not really gotten that from the books but the trailer sure does seem to be full of it..

Young Frankenstein is beyond a masterpiece!!!

I can still hear the horses brae when some one says Frau Blücher!! :D

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did try to watch "The Interview". I turned it off at 19 minutes. I couldn't take any more. Not a fan at all.

Oh lord, my daughter and I watched that late Christmas night. I lasted 10 minutes, she thought it was ok!

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Interview is really that bad?
Looks like a good movie from the previews on tv, or is it one of those movies where the previews are pretty much all the good parts?

VU Sponsors