Become a Patron!

Movie Talk

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't mind the first centipede, gross as it was. Although the copy I obtained wasn't very good , the last 20 mins or so wasn't subtitled or dubbed (forget which). Haven't watched the 2nd one yet.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Interview is really that bad?
Looks like a good movie from the previews on tv, or is it one of those movies where the previews are pretty much all the good parts?
I thought the interview was funny. Exactly what you would expect from Franco and Rogen. If you like their kind of humor you'll pretty much love it.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I didn't mind the first centipede, gross as it was. Although the copy I obtained wasn't very good , the last 20 mins or so wasn't subtitled or dubbed (forget which). Haven't watched the 2nd one yet.
Watch Tusk. Kind of similar. Serial killer turns people into Walruses.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Saw that dvd at work last week, completely forgot to look it up.
Thanks for the reminder :)

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
On a side note, watched Boxtrolls on Thursday, nice movie. Watched it again on Friday.
Also watched Scott Pilgrim, another good movie.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
On a side note, watched Boxtrolls on Thursday, nice movie. Watched it again on Friday.
Also watched Scott Pilgrim, another good movie.
Thanks, haven't seen Boxtrolls yet, will check it out.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Boxtrolls and Tusk aren't on Netflix. Whoever was talking about not seeing Centipede 2... it's just stupid. The first was absolutely INSANE, but the 2nd, just stupid.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
About to watch Whiplash. Been looking forward to this one.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just finished watching Whiplash. Totally intense. Awesome. Definitely earns its place in one of my new all time favorite movies, and I'm not even all that fond of jazz.

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Saw you guys checking out some oscar hopefuls. Try Nightcrawler. Good movie.Creepy main character. Good storyline.
Btw, noticed some marvel fans. If you haven't seen it, the trailer for Ant-man dropped last night. Looks decent, I'm willing to give it a shot.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just watched Dracula: the Dark Prince

Nice spooky setting, loved the castle it had in it, but the movie in general didn't have much action and some of the special effects (including one major prop) were pretty cheesy looking. More of a romance movie then an action movie. Only has a rating of 3.6/10 on imdb. It didn't keep my attention very well and I ended up playing Minecraft while watching it.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Going to watch Birdman tonight. Will let you know what I think.

Got dizzy after twenty or so minutes watching Birdman and couldn't continue. The camera work just goes all over the place. Going to save it for another day. Watching American Sniper instead.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Are you guys renting, Redboxing or Netflixing? Or "you could tell me, but you'd have to kill me"?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone seen the new Hobbit movie? We loved the first two (and LOTR), but I'm afraid this will just be a 3-hour long battle scene, so I'm reluctant to go!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you guys renting, Redboxing or Netflixing? Or "you could tell me, but you'd have to kill me"?
Sometimes Netflix, sometimes I go to the theater, and sometimes, well, no comment.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nothing against it in the rules, so, torrents.
Mostly from extratorrent.cc
Not that I know anything about that personally, but from what I've heard from a friend of a friend of a friend is that this time of year all the dvd quality award consideration copies get circulated and you can see stuff that isn't even playing in theaters yet.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone seen the new Hobbit movie? We loved the first two (and LOTR), but I'm afraid this will just be a 3-hour long battle scene, so I'm reluctant to go!

Just finished watching it. It's not just a 3 hour battle scene.

Seems somewhat similar with the 3rd LOTR in terms of overall design. Fighting, talking, more fighting, back story stuff, some more fighting, final closing chatting and story. Some of the fights seemed pretty major and made me think 'this has got to be near the end' then I look and see the movie isn't close to being over yet. The movie also provided a bunch of prelude stuff for the LOTR series as well, explaining how some things came to be.

Don't want to drop any spoilers (if you remember the end of the 2nd, you should be able to figure out how it started anyway), but I wish the opening event was longer. Even though it really didn't add much to the storyline.

Last edited:

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nothing against it in the rules, so, torrents.
Mostly from extratorrent.cc
I thought the same things about the rules so I PMed them about torrents just out of courtesy...I know some boards freak the fuck out even saying the word Torrent even though torrents are legal but as you know it's what you download can be taboo ...Kickass.co and ThePirateBay.se are good too...TPB should be back up and running by feb 17th

Just watched the Interview and I gotta say it was fairly cheesy and lame. I can see why Kim reacted the way he did. Still I love Seth and James they are usually hilarious.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh and Convenience was a very funny Film
siskel2.jpg

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Just watched the Interview and I gotta say it was fairly cheesy and lame. I can see why Kim reacted the way he did. Still I love Seth and James they are usually hilarious.
I had a feeling that is was going to be cheesy and lame... Maybe Kim Jong-un saw it and had good reason to want it banned...Maybe his not a bad guy after all:rolleyes::D

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Torrents? how 2001.......there a better options that don't get you cease and desist letters from your isp. :p

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Torrents? how 2001.......there a better options that don't get you cease and desist letters from your isp. :p
Not that I have any personal experience at it, but I hear that if you use streaming sites you need to have some awfully fine anti-virus protection. You really need to know what you're doing otherwise just pay for Netflix and don't even try it otherwise you'll infect your computer.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There are ways to get around it...The only cease and desist letter I got was back (15 years ago ) from Metallica's Lawyers when Napster was all the rage:rolleyes:

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, by the way, saw American Sniper directed by Clint Eastwood last night. It was a decent war film. Reminded me a lot of Hurtlocker. I did feel that there was something missing though, a certain intensity. I can't put my finger on it. For everything the guy went through serving so many tours and going back and forth from home with his family to the war zone, I would think that I would be more engaged in his character but for some reason I wasn't that much. Not a bad film but missed the mark on being up there with classics such as Saving Private Ryan or Deerhunter. On a Richard Roeper scale I'd give it a B-.

Merrick92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are ways to get around it...The only cease and desist letter I got was back (15 years ago ) from Metallica's Lawyers when Napster was all the rage:rolleyes:
Sure,if I want to pay for a vpn, but then I might as well pay for the movie. :p Ironically as I posted that I thought to myself, 'newsgroups, how 1996....' another viable option though. :D

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not that I have any personal experience at it, but I hear that if you use streaming sites you need to have some awfully fine anti-virus protection. You really need to know what you're doing otherwise just pay for Netflix and don't even try it otherwise you'll infect your computer.
I agree but for the most part you only get infected if you are getting software or files in RAR with key gens or cracks..etc but I have never been infected from a movie or mp3...But with anything as you know you always scan a files before opening it...I use about 3 to 4 scanners on them file/files... sure it can still happen but like anything it's not 100%

VU Sponsors