• I'd like to sit down and have a beer with him

Votes: 6 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We have all had our run in's with this scumbag and it seems everyone has grown weary of his bullshit. He seems to take issue with people who are disabled, fallen on hard times or just have an opinion that is slightly different than his. As far as I can tell he has brought nothing but negativity to the forum and offers nothing but wittless, low brow commentary. Although all final decisions rest with the mods, I'd just like to see how everyone feels about it. Maybe holding up a mirror will help him change his attitude.

So, if the choice landed on your shoulders, how would you handle the troll king elitist Magoo?

(I have him ignored but I'll undo that for the duration of this thread)

Whether you are just passing through or commenting, please vote in the poll. I like numbers.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_nxxyg6DPpB1rld2w4o1_500_zpsphpx3plc.jpg

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We have all had our run in's with this scumbag and it seems everyone has grown weary of his bullshit. He seems to take issue with people who are disabled, fallen on hard times or just have an opinion that is slightly different than his. As far as I can tell he has brought nothing but negativing to the forum and offers nothing but wittless, low brow commentary. Although all final decisions rest with the mods, I'd just like to see how everyone feels about it. Maybe holding up a mirror will help him change his attitude.

So, if the choice landed on your shoulders, how would you handle the troll king elitist Magoo?

(I have him ignored but I'll undo that for the duration of this thread)

@stevegmu

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Actually, that's really not up to us. We have bosses.
Ya and his fucky ass will not lip off to them and attack them.
But at some point the bosses need to compare his 1200 negative bullshit posts with contributing exactly fucking nothing to vaping in general, his personal attacks and down right slander of members into consideration.

And if I am not mistaken there is a rule about not being a fucking asshole crammed full of douche baggery bullshit.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My opinion is...he sits at his computer with his hand glued to his penis waiting for a reaction. When he gets the one he wants starts stroking. I don't like him or his antics. But I do believe he will hang himself.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya and his fucky ass will not lip off to them and attack them.
But at some point the bosses need to compare his 1200 negative bullshit posts with contributing exactly fucking nothing to vaping in general, his personal attacks and down right slander of members into consideration.

And if I am not mistaken there is a rule about not being a fucking asshole crammed full of douche baggery bullshit.
His comments about physically and cognitively disabled people were disturbing but to attack a man who lost his job for no fault of is own is down right disgusting. Anyone who would do that has no family of his own and certainly does not have a job. Until he can prove otherwise, @stevegmu is a16 years old virgin, living in his mothers basement and has little to no life to speak of. Prove me wrong you scummy fuck

Last edited:

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
His comments about physicl and cognitively disabled people were disgusting but to attack a man who lost his job for no fault of is own is down right disgusting. Anyone who would do that has no family of his own and certainly does not have a job. Until he can prove otherwise, @stevegmu is a16 years old virgin, living in his mothers basement and has little to no life to speak of. Prove me wrong you scummy fuck
Honestly he is the inbred by product of first cousins and brothers and sisters fucking.
Even 10 years ago beating of one of these motherfuckers was not totally frowned upon, just do not leave marks.
Now it is a hate crime.

I think we honestly should give him enough rope to hang himself with.
Douche bag fucking asshole probation, 1 more personal attack on ANY member or derailing a thread with his bullshit and the door is perma shut on worthless ass.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My opinion is...he sits at his computer with his hand glued to his penis waiting for a reaction. When he gets the one he wants starts stroking. I don't like him or his antics. But I do believe he will hang himself.

If you would like, PM me your line of work and what state you live in. I work for a large corporation with lots of tenticels. I'll do whatever I can to help you out.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It would be easier just to BAN him, just like they did on ECF...lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I guess that is the point here at VU, trigger happy we are not, but I do agree this shit is getting old fast.
On the other hand, that doesn't mean we can't give him some of his own medicine x's how many members???

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When you think about it, he's probably going to love the attention this thread gets him. He's probably in moms basement right now desperately and feverishly rubbing one out of his sorry excuse for a dick.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pfft at least I do give nuggets of information, report spammers like all get out. I am an asshole and pull zero punches but I do not go out of my way to derail, insult and degrade members.
Then whine like a bitch about stalkers.
Which is why I loves ya so much, tells it like it is.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess that is the point here at VU, trigger happy we are not, but I do agree this shit is getting old fast.
You know me Whisk, I'm rather laid back but enough is enough already , don't you agree??

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So what would happen if everyone ignored him? If every forum member put him on their ignore list, would he even see posts to rant about?

This is what actually should be done. He says shit to get a reaction. Everyone feeds the troll here, and then asks themselves how to get rid of it.

People like steve go away when no one pays ANY attention to them. Just plain DON'T respond to him. Don't give him ANY reaction.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if the GMU at the end of his name stands for Geroge Mason University. If it does, I'm calling bullshit on that as well. If he his 16 and living in his moms basement he's not attended college yet. They don't have much of a sports team to speak of so it must be part of the facade that is the pimply faced, angry troll virgin.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what actually should be done. He says shit to get a reaction. Everyone feeds the troll here, and then asks themselves how to get rid of it.

People like steve go away when no one pays ANY attention to them. Just plain DON'T respond to him. Don't give him ANY reaction.
In a perfect world that would work. Unfortunately there are new memebers joining everyday who he can prey on.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I detest cyber bullying as much as everyone here. Lets just make sure that we don't become a gang of bullies ourselves. Personally, I think he should be banned to stop his despicable insults against other members, as well as other members vicious comments against him. It's gotten unseemly on both sides.
We're seeing a lot of wonderful forum members saying really terrible things.
unsure_zps412aa381.gif

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I detest cyber bullying as much as everyone here. Lets just make sure that we don't become a gang of bullies ourselves. Personally, I think he should be banned to stop his despicable insults against other members, as well as other members vicious comments against him. It's gotten unseemly on both sides.
unsure_zps412aa381.gif
I have no filter, I will allow bygones to be bygones and move on.
But after 1200+ posts no threads started ever, multiple member insults, and down right slander with zero positive anythings.. there is no real forgiveness.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
unsure_zps412aa381.gif
I agree with you but I also agree with @BigNasty. He needs to go and I think this is the best way to convey that message to the powers that be.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In a perfect world that would work. Unfortunately there are new memebers joining everyday who he can prey on.
There is no such thing as a perfect world.

It comes down to this. Do you want another ECF? Because I see a lot of people bitching about the ban hammer over there. Now you want the group to decide about swinging the ban hammer.

Yup, he's an asshole. Yup he's vile. We all can be sometimes, and it's seems like he is ALL the time. So? IGNORE him. I do, and my BP doesn't go up one little bit.

You can't change him being a mental midget by banning him. You will change yourself trying to ban him.

You do what ever you guys want. But if you all rally to get him banned and are successful, then I don't ever want to hear about how bad other forums are. Because you will have made this place just as bad. You will have become what you claim to have hated about other places, and will be NO better.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It comes down to this. Do you want another ECF? Because I see a lot of people bitching about the ban hammer over there. Now you want the group to decide about swinging the ban hammer.

Yup, he's an asshole. Yup he's vile. We all can be sometimes, and it's seems like he is ALL the time. So? IGNORE him. I do, and my BP doesn't go up one little bit.

You can't change him being a mental midget by banning him. You will change yourself trying to ban him.

You do what ever you guys want. But if you all rally to get him banned and are successful, then I don't ever want to hear about how bad other forums are. Because you will have made this place just as bad. You will have become what you claim to have hated about other places, and will be NO better.
Very good point.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

This is a place where we share and learn about vaping.. Banning someone for cyber bullying protects those that are naive and innocent such as our brand new members..be no different than that..
In real life I've bitch slapped dudes for much less, shouldn't have put up with that crap here..

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
This is a place where we share and learn about vaping.. Banning someone for cyber bullying protects those that are naive and innocent such as our brand new members..be no different than that..
In real life I've bitch slapped dudes for much less, shouldn't have put up with that crap here..

So now it's about "what's best" for the group as a whole? Maybe we should also ban water, since you can drown in it. Or ban mech discussions because some fool newb MIGHT build a .05 coil in an junk "fire" type battery.
Maybe we should ban DIY discussions because some fool might use a "questionable" flavor too.

You can't protect anyone. If you think you can, you are fooling yourself. If a new member runs away because of steve, then they need thicker skin. It gets pretty crass around here anyway depending on the topic.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can I just say I'd like the ability to like posts more than once. I couldn't agree with freemind more on this.

The world is not a nice shiny place. Now I have the personality of an old man, but I'm of the opinion that the "anti-bullying" campaign is about as horrible as anything. Cyber bullying ends with a simple phrase "don't feed the troll" follow that and it's not a problem. But what people fall for is when that troll hits at least a bit of truth, and as they say "truth hurts", but that doesn't mean it's not true. Having truth pointed out is simply motivation to grow and adapt, either that or accept defeat and surrender. Anyways I won't get too much into that, but I will say as someone who has been "bullied" I would go back and thank those people for jabbing me as it made me a better person, now I might punch them in the face first, but ,yeah, ignoring the realities of life doesn't get us anywhere good. (last note, actual physical violence on someone weaker than yourself, that's where I draw the line).

I look at this thread and just shake my head for the same reasons CorallineAlgae is pointing out. It's about as hypocritical as anything I've ever seen. Now I love a good insult throwing party, but lets not act like 2 wrongs make a right.

I understand the concern for new members, and well it sucks, but as Benjamin Franklin said "Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither" it's as simple as that. If new members, or anyone, get "bullied' by this person, simply jump in tell them to ignore them and then we can all move on.

All I'd ask is that whoever does make these types of decisions realize the decision they're making. Do you want a free and open community? Or, do you want to control it and keep it productive? I'm ok with either but one is easy, the other begins a slippery slope of where to draw the line.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get respect face to face and when I don't I still try to get along..but dealing with an asshole hiding behind a computer is not why I joined this forum....later dude, I'm missing my football game...lol

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no filter, I will allow bygones to be bygones and move on.
But after 1200+ posts no threads started ever, multiple member insults, and down right slander with zero positive anythings.. there is no real forgiveness.
I completely agree. Sometimes even great people need to vent. Hell, the guy might actually be getting less blow-back than he's earned. It's still a little hard to watch.

It comes down to this. Do you want another ECF? Because you will have made this place just as bad.
Couldn't disagree more. ECF bans people for saying anything against a mod or their favorite vendors. This guy has gone "Hulk smash" on everybody. Another difference is that this ban request isn't coming only from the mods, it's mainly from the community. Being an asshole to a mod or a vendor will never get you banned here. In fact, being such a dick to everybody that it starts a ban request movement still hasn't kicked this guy to the curb. The comparison to ECF doesn't hold up.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I get respect face to face and when I don't I still try to get along..but dealing with an asshole hiding behind a computer is not why I joined this forum....later dude, I'm missing my football game...lol

I hear ya, it sucks, but the internet isn't going anywhere and people need to learn how to handle it. Protect yourself and learn to not give a shit about what trolls say. And, while I generally get respect face to face, it still isn't ok for me to punch people in the face when they act like dicks, so I don't know if it's really all that different. All I can do is intimidate and threaten, second I throw that punch I'm at fault, society can be a pain in the ass.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I completely agree. Sometimes even great people need to vent. Hell, the guy might actually be getting less blow-back than he's earned. It's still a little hard to watch.

Couldn't disagree more. ECF bans people for saying anything against a mod or their favorite vendors. This guy has gone next level asshole on everybody. Another difference is that this ban request isn't coming only from the mods. It's mainly from the community. Being an asshole to a mod or a vendor will never get you banned here. In fact, being such a dick to everybody that it starts a ban request movement still hasn't kicked this guy to the curb. The comparison to ECF doesn't hold up.

Then I will assume you don't read almost every thread here. I do.

I watched a vendor threaten a fellow member with a ban because he asked questions and stated facts the vendor didn't like. He threatened to ban him from his sub forum here.

And this is the first case that I know of, that the members are trying to get another member banned. It's stupid. It can be simply solved in one of two ways:
1 Go to your profile and ignore the member. This should fix ANY issue like this that ever pops up. You can't see what you ignore.

2 Just ignore the poster's post. Don't read it, don't respond. You'll feel better in 30 seconds.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry but his last comment calling a man who lost his job a lazy slob was over the line to me. This is a thought experiment. I doubt be will be banned but he deserves to be shit on. Numbers tell interesting story. IMO he's a scummy pos and I have no issue giving him a piece of his own medicine. He's been on my block list for a while now and when this thread dies he goes back.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I do tire of the free-for-all bashing and fighting threads (there are PLENTY), but you do make some very good points @JERUS. With that said, lines have been crossed by more members than the one being discussed here. When that happens, points do get handed out. A member/cyber bully/troll, whatever anyone chooses to call it, can write their own ticket out of here, and they have.

Me? I think lines get crossed when anyone celebrates the loss of another's job or hardship, another's physical or mental difference and, most definitely, another's race, religion, beliefs.

The comparison to ECF doesn't hold up.

And I agree with that ^^^^. We'd be a much smaller forum, with way fewer members if we were anything at all like that place.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey I'm human I've pissed people off. But I don't ever and I mean ever gloat on a person's hardships. And the situation I was put in last night was over the top for me. Normally I can play along a just crude to him. But when my misfortune came into play that was it. And I can link another thread where I can I was defending that shit then out of nowhere my wife who is not a member here was brought in being called a fat cow and other obscure names. That to me is a line crossed and all gloves are off.

VU Sponsors